Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! (7065 Views)

With 18k What Is The Best Phone I Can Afford? / MTN Repiles Etisalat By Introducing A Cheaper Call Tarrif Plan / New Whatsapp+ Version Is Here(anti Ban Version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by mj(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2013
Since Blackberry released the Z10 and Q10 earlier in the year, most Nigerian fans of Blackberry have only had the chance to admire the phones on their PC screens, with friends who are big boys or girls, and in phone stores during window-shopping sessions.

Yes, both phones are great. But they cost far more than what most Nigerians — even Blackberry fans — can afford. (Of course, your love for a brand shouldn’t prompt you to break the bank just to get the latest phone.)

If you’re one of those who really love the Blackberry 10 OS, but have been unable to experience it (because of the huge costs of the Z10 and Q10), here’s good news: The new Blackberry Q5 is coming soon!

The Blackberry Q5 is the third Blackberry device to run on the new Blackberry 10 OS (following Z10 and Q10). According to Blackberry CEO, Thorsten Heins, the phone is targeted at users who are on a tight budget. So, it’s expected that the phone would cost considerably cheaper than the Z10 and Q10.
Now, let’s discuss the phone’s features.
Design

Like the Q10, the Q5 has a QWERTY keyboard. But it really comes across as a low budget phone, considering the plastic casing, which feels less refined. The Q5 is 10.8mm thick, and it weighs 120g. So, it’s really very slim and light. The QWERTY keyboard looks free in its casing.
Screen

The Blackberry Q5 features a 3.1″ screen that has the same 720 x 720 pixel resolution that the Q10 has. (This is very impressive for a presumably cheap phone).

There’d be less pressure on the Q5 battery because the screen is an LCD rather than Super AMOLED. This screen is responsive to touch, has very bright colors, and a fantastic contrast ratio. However, the viewing angle and sharpness aren’t up to those of the Q10.
Performance

The Blackberry Q5 runs slightly slower than the Q10. Application launches and menu changes take less than a second longer, but the difference is very small — negligible, in fact.

The Q5 runs on Blackberry 10 but you can easily upgrade to the new Blackberry 10.1, which adds some new keyboard options and some other added features.

As for the battery, well, you may be disappointed to know this: The battery is not removable! So, if you like to carry a spare battery around, this may be a big problem.
Camera

The Blackberry Q5 features a rear-mounted, 5MP camera and a front-facing, 2MP camera. Both cameras are superb and produce crisp images.
Release date

Although the Blackberry Q5 has been announced over a week ago, the phone won’t storm the market until July 2013. So, if you’re falling in love with the device already, you’ll have to wait for two months or less.
Blackberry Q5: Specifications in brief

Dimensions: 120 x 66 10.8mm
Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
Display: LCD capacitative touchscreen (720 x 720)
CPU: Dual core 1.2 GHz
Camera: 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
Connectivity: Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, USB
Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Battery: Non-removable 2180 mAh

Once the phone hits the market, it will be featured on the Parktel Online store. Keep your fingers crossed.
Source: www.blog./2013/05/26/blackberry-q5-review/

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 27, 2013
Nice...u gat any idea how much it might sell for?
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by mrakin(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2013
Thanks for the news. I hope we will be able too afford it.
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Youngpo413: 9:27am On May 28, 2013
I dont need it even if its just fifity thousand naira.

Android rules.
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by phazotron(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
Young po413: I dont need it even if its just fifity thousand naira.

Android rules.
on point jare
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Lagusta(m): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
STUDENT: sir, should we buy this blackberry Q5 or.......

TEACHER: why must. you buy it, when blackberry messenger will soon be launched on android and ios

STUDENT: ooooooookaaaaayyy!!!! so that means my Techno n3 will soon be able to ping a Z10, blackberry has scored F9 ooooo
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by jedisco(m): 12:42am On Jun 03, 2013
Lagusta: STUDENT: sir, should we buy this blackberry Q5 or.......

TEACHER: why must. you buy it, when blackberry messenger will soon be launched on android and ios

STUDENT: ooooooookaaaaayyy!!!! so that means my Techno n3 will soon be able to ping a Z10, blackberry has scored F9 ooooo

So for you the only difference between this and Tecno N3 is BBM?
Something must really be wrong with you.

5 Likes

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Lagusta(m): 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
jedisco:

So for you the only difference between this and Tecno N3 is BBM?
Something must really be wrong with you.

Mr. Lecturer, please tell us more differences between a cheap android and an expensive blackberry 10series apart from pinging, because....

1) Both can browse

2) Both can whatsapp

3) Both can download android apps

And please don't tell me battery life or front camera $h!t, cos that's hardware, not software....
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by jedisco(m): 3:54am On Jun 04, 2013
Lagusta:

Mr. Lecturer, please tell us more differences between a cheap android and an expensive blackberry 10series apart from pinging, because....

1) Both can browse

2) Both can whatsapp

3) Both can download android apps

And please don't tell me battery life or front camera $h!t, cos that's hardware, not software....

You know I once met you on another thread and after you said alot of stupid and ridiculous things, I began to look at you as someone with a very very low IQ

So in your world, software entails browsing, whatsapping and apps?
Then in that case the software experience of N3 should be thesame as that of S4.
You really are a demented fellow.

You should look for someone at your level to argue with.

3 Likes

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by francis247(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2013
jedisco:

You know I once met you on another thread and after you said alot of stupid and ridiculous things, I began to look at you as someone with a very very low IQ

Then in that case the software experience of N3 should be the same as that of S4.

Jedisco you dey try O. You get time dey reply did techno freak. As far as this dude is concerned, eating from mama put is always better than eating from a five star hotel.

1 Like

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Lagusta(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
jedisco:

Then in that case the software experience of N3 should be thesame as that of S4.

Hey, all I said there was just banter, why hurling insults at me

Why call me demented Do u know the meaning of dementia, please go and find out, I pray none of your family members will suffer from it.....

And you said I have low IQ, habaa, can't u take a joke Why insults nah.....

A guy who spends six years in medical school has no low IQ, that's a fact....

6 Likes

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Lagusta(m): 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
francis247: Jedisco you dey try O. You get time dey reply did techno freak. As far as this dude is concerned, eating from mama put is always better than eating from a five star hotel.

Instead of you to correct him, you are supporting him, nigerians......

1 Like

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Shecy: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg no kill the guy for saying his mind na! would u rather buy a Torres for £50million than an effective Demba Ba or Benteke for £15million.
let's break it down. Even hardware to hardware Techno phantom A+ is up to the task!
I bought it and am not dissapointed.... its applications, graphics and everything is on point! very solid games with great resolution.... flash player, office applications!!!
Really if I am allowed, I will take my Mama put in take away pack to the 5star hotel ooo! Better Ogufe and fresh fish for better price... I can't shout.... thumbs up for Techno!!!!
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Chomzy19(f): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Shecy: Abeg no kill the guy for saying his mind na! would u rather buy a Torres for £50million than an effective Demba Ba or Benteke for £15million.
let's break it down. Even hardware to hardware Techno phantom A+ is up to the task!
I bought it and am not dissapointed.... its applications, graphics and everything is on point! very solid games with great resolution.... flash player, office applications!!!
Really if I am allowed, I will take my Mama put in take away pack to the 5star hotel ooo! Better Ogufe and fresh fish for better price... I can't shout.... thumbs up for Techno!!!!
N this is d Y some pple will NEVER move up in class...A person use mouth say e betta for him to Eat MaMa put than in a Five star restaurant... Poverty hs really mudled up sm pple's Brain

1 Like

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by duwdu: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
Chomzy19: N this is d Y some pple will NEVER move up in class...A person use mouth say e betta for him to Eat MaMa put than in a Five star restaurant... Poverty hs really mudled up sm pple's Brain

grin grin grin

P34c3
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Lagusta(m): 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Chomzy19: N this is d Y some pple will NEVER move up in class...A person use mouth say e betta for him to Eat MaMa put than in a Five star restaurant... Poverty hs really mudled up sm pple's Brain

what do u call class

where are all these children coming from

so to you, using a tecno phone spells poverty abi

abeg, your mommy's calling you undecided
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Koolmexxi(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
So na poverty make ppl dey eat for mama put abi? Now dat's poverty speaking.
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Chomzy19(f): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2013
Koolmexxi:
So na poverty make ppl dey eat for mama put abi? Now dat's poverty speaking.
NO it is Excess Money! Mtcheew ... N sorry to say U hv a comprehension problem, my post never Implied what U wrote ... Pls Read Again

1 Like

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Chomzy19(f): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Lagusta:

what do u call class

where are all these children coming from

so to you, using a tecno phone spells poverty abi

abeg, your mommy's calling you undecided
Una no sabi understand abi wetin? Who talked Abt using a techno Phone being a sign of poverty ... Pls Read d post that I replied to n Read Mine again U'll Understand
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by Xtopher123(m): 7:55am On Oct 14, 2013
Tecno Phantom A+

Dimensions: 143.5 x 70.8 x 9.1 mm
Weight: ?
Form: Tablet/Block
Colour: Black, White
Networks:
2G: GSM 900, 1800 MHz
3G: UMTS/WCDMA 2100MHz
Display:
Technology: Capacitive TFT Touchscreen
Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixel resolution (294 ppi)
Size: 5-inch
Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Camera:
Resolution: 8 megapixels
Video Recording: Yes, 720p HD Video
Video Format: MP4
Image Format: JPEG
Audio Format: MP3, WAV
features: Flash
Secondary Camera: Yes, 1.2MP front facing camera,
Videocalling
Internet/data/Connectivity:
GPRS
EDGE
3G WCDMA
Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi Hotspot
Bluetooth 3.0
Memory:
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Internal Memory: 4 GB
Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 32 GB microSD
messaging:
SMS/MMS
email
Instant messaging
Push email
email protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
Entertainment:
music player: MP3, Midi, AMR, Wav, AAC
video player: MPEG4, 3GP
Games, Asphalt 6 pre-installed
Navigation:
Navigation: GPS Navigation
Maps: Google Maps
Battery:
Type: Lithium-ion
Battery Capacity: 2100mAh
Talktime: up to 12 hours (3G)
Standby time: up to 400 hours
Other features:
Operating System: Android 4.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core Processor
Graphics Processor Unit (GPU): Yes
Social Media Support: Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp
Browser: Opera Mini
Mini SIM
Dual SIM, Dual Standby
Gmail
Video Streaming
Accelerometer
Light Sensor
Proximity sensor
Speakerphone
Alarm, Memo, Calendar
3.5mm audio jack
FM Radio
Voice Recording
Over 600,000 apps at Google Play Store
Downloads: Games, video, Apps, music, ringtone downloads
Missing: NFC, autofocus camera

Blackkberry Q10
2G
Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 /
1900 - all versions
CDMA 800 / 1900 -
SQN100-2, SQN100-4
3G
Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 -
SQN100-1
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 /
2100 - SQN100-2,
SQN100-3, SQN100-4
HSDPA 850 / 1700 /
1900 / 2100 - SQN100-5
4G
Network LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 /
1900 - SQN100-1,
SQN100-5
LTE 700 / 1700 -
SQN100-2
LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 /
2600 - SQN100-3
LTE 1900 - SQN100-4
SIM Micro-SIM
Announced 2013, January
Status Available. Released 2013,
April
BODY Dimensions 119.6 x 66.8 x 10.4 mm (4.71
x 2.63 x 0.41 in)
Weight 139 g (4.90 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
DISPLAY Type Super AMOLED capacitive
touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 720 x 720 pixels, 3.1 inches
(~328 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY Card
slot microSD, up to 64 GB
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
DATA GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps,
HSPA, LTE (market dependent)
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual
band, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels,
autofocus, LED flash, check
quality
Features Geo-tagging, image
stabilization, face detection
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, check
quality
Secondary Yes, 2 MP, 720p
FEATURES OS BlackBerry 10 OS,
upgradable to v10.1
Chipset Snapdragon S4 (LTE
version)/ TI OMAP 4470
(Non-LTE)
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
(LTE version)/ Cortex-A9
(Non-LTE)
GPU Adreno 225 (LTE version)/
PowerVR SGX544 (Non-
LTE)
Sensors Accelerometer, gyro,
proximity, compass
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push
Email, IM, BBM 6
Browser HTML5
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, MIDP 2.1
Colors Black, White
- SNS integration
- HDMI port
- BlackBerry maps
- Organizer
- Document editor
- Photo viewer
- MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+/
FlAC player
- DivX/XviD/MP4/WMV/
H.263/H.264 player
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery
Stand- by (2G) / Up to 360 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 10 h (2G) / Up to 13 h 30 min (3G) MISC SAR US 1.16 W/kg (head) 0.75 W/kg (body)
SAR EU 1.41 W/kg (head) 0.78 W/kg
(body) Price group
TESTS Display Contrast ratio: Infinite
(nominal) / 2.856:1 (sunlight)
Loudspeaker Voice 69dB / Noise 66dB /
Ring 75dB
Audio quality Noise -89.6dB / Crosstalk -82.7dB
Camera Photo / Video
Battery life Endurance rating 56h

Now to Ɣo̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ dull heads.. In what other way can Ɣo̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ compare the Tecno Phantom to the Q10.. We Nigerians should grow up owk.. The Q10 ιs̶̲̥̅̊ way better and than any Tecno phone produced.. Take it or Leave it..

2 Likes

Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by sexycandy: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2014
I ve always seen the techno products as chinco trust me its bb anyday anytime wink
Re: If You Can’t Afford Blackberry Q10, A Cheaper Version Is Here! by nwachukwuaca18(m): 7:17am On Aug 07, 2014
Chomzy19: NO it is Excess Money! Mtcheew ... N sorry to say U hv a comprehension problem, my post never Implied what U wrote ... Pls Read Again
mrakin: Thanks for the news. I hope we will be able too afford it.
Chomzy19: NO it is Excess Money! Mtcheew ... N sorry to say U hv a comprehension problem, my post never Implied what U wrote ... Pls Read Again

I don't know whether i should pity u or applaud your stupidity. So a broke company like RIM that is barely maintaining market significance because of worthless phones makes u rich? Android phone manufactures like tecno are providing us with real phones and you complain? U are really a stereotypical useless Nigerian. Go and break bank because of rubbish outdated qwerty trash. rich man. smiley
mrakin: Thanks for the news. I hope we will be able too afford it.

I don't know whether i should pity u or applaud your stupidity. So a broke company like RIM that is barely maintaining market significance because of worthless phones makes u rich? Android phone manufactures like tecno are providing us with real phones and you complain? U are really a stereotypical useless Nigerian. Go and break bank because of rubbish outdated qwerty trash. rich man.

(1) (Reply)

How to add battery percentage to phone status bar for Android 7.0 / NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection / Five Ways I Speed Up My itel Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.