Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,781 members, 7,806,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) (3183 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Top 6 Future Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / Highest Paying Jobs In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by Simplesoul(f): 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2008
hello house, I just got an information now from a friend in inter head office in VI that the bank soon pays entry level close to N4million per annum. please can anyone confirmed this gist. too unreal to be true. This is money splash!!!!!
When would they write test oooooooooo?
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2008
It's a confirmed gist. You are welcome on board
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by gentleme(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
na wa o. oil companies better get their act together. the banks are surely giving them a hot chase. wink
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by ezeizu: 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
omo na wao,,,,,oil company own don finish,,,,,,,,,abeg if inter starts accepting cv please let us know
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by iyaegin: 12:24am On Apr 29, 2008
why do you guys like getting carried away with the mention of fat pay checks that cannot be justified is it when they give you a target of 1 billion naira "ni oju yin ma wa le" cry read between the lines son n shine ya eye
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by ezeizu: 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
omo i feel u, this banks they claim to pay heaven, but their net is hell
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by abbyode(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2008
pls and pls, dont ever compare an oil coy with any bank in terms of pay or welfare. That lump sum which is big deal to u is still below the ordinary basic for an entry level in a typical oil industry. Moreso, u shd note that some percentage of dat amt is also tied to productivity/target in banks. U work your whole life finish in banks while ur counterpart in oil coy works less than 6 mths in a year if on field(2 wks on/off). €ven though banks are good, mtn,celtel & glo are good, there is nothing like working in an oil coy. shikena.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by SweetT1: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2008
@Poster

N4m?? who dash them. That bank is struggling real bad despite their public noises. They target their employees like crazy and they have implemented a scheme to start deducting employees salary if you don't bring in enough customers or you don't service your assigned account properly. Read their chairman's MEMO that came out few months ago and you will be shocked. They systematically sack employees.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by shegewumi(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2008
U should all confirm things b4 u say it out. Intercontinental Bank is not paying #4m but #3.2m; neither does intercontinental bank penalize that much for not meeting ur target 100%. Intercontinental Bank sells itself to customers, therefore you don't need to stress urself that much b4 u meet the 70% of ur target as required. Just mention the Bank's name to customers and try your best, they'll be in for u. It is the fastest growing Bank in Nigeria and that is undisputable.Don't let anybody scare u,everything is fun.It's all about challenge and you should be proud of that.It is the best bank in Nigeria in term of staff welfare.This is genuine info from an insider. Join us and u'll be happy for life!!!! HAPPY CUSTOMER HAPPY BANK!!
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by asaajuomo1(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2008
@shegewunmi

I really agreed with you. Speaking as an insider.
IBPLC do not pay N4M for Entry Level.
Guys always be sure of your info b/4 writing.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by gborlah: 5:04am On May 03, 2008
I heard they are one of the highest paying banks now but not sure of the amount.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by Nobody: 6:59am On May 03, 2008
shegewumi:

You should all confirm things before u say it out. Intercontinental Bank is not paying #4m but #3.2m; neither does intercontinental bank penalize that much for not meeting your target 100%. Intercontinental Bank sells itself to customers, therefore you don't need to stress yourself that much before u meet the 70% of your target as required. Just mention the Bank's name to customers and try your best, they'll be in for u. It is the fastest growing Bank in Nigeria and that is undisputable.Don't let anybody scare u,everything is fun.It's all about challenge and you should be proud of that.It is the best bank in Nigeria in term of staff welfare.This is genuine info from an insider. Join us and u'll be happy for life!!!! HAPPY CUSTOMER HAPPY BANK!!

shegewumi you couldn't have said it better. IBPLC for life! grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by mayor4real: 4:06pm On May 03, 2008
@Poster

N4m?? who dash them. That bank is struggling real bad despite their public noises. They target their employees like crazy and they have implemented a scheme to start deducting employees salary if you don't bring in enough customers or you don't service your assigned account properly. Read their chairman's MEMO that came out few months ago and you will be shocked. They systematically sack employees.

guyz pls hope you aint kidding me angry angry angry
that ibplc fires base on target incompetency cry cry
coz am an ibplc hopeful, pls you guyz should beta communicate right info so that we don't get misled
pls can anyone confirm this, cos i would like to work with job security though not an excuse for laziness
i am about to drop an offer for ibplc infact a multinational
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by princewajo: 7:03am On May 04, 2008
GUYS PLZ LETS GET FOCUS.DONT GET HAPPY WITH D PAY.THINK OF HOW 2 GET IN FIRST.NO HUNT AND WE ARE ALREADY THINKING HOW 2 SHARE D GAME. MORE INFO ON DAT PLZ. shocked
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by xammy(m): 8:44pm On May 04, 2008
Bankphb - 3.3
IBPLC - 3.3
Oceanic - not sure, nut there pay is above 3m

I believe that in 12month or less the top 5 bank minus 1st bank pay will be above 4m.

NO LONG THING
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by MARYU: 9:01pm On May 04, 2008
xammy hi! are u sure tat oceanic is above 3mil? cos i heard just last week tat entry pt is 90k and confirmed 140k.pl if u can confirm it wil do the house good.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by Finecat(m): 9:27pm On May 04, 2008
@Shegewumi

Let's be real in our posts. How can you confirm something you barely just started. Is it not true you are still in training?? Don't believe everything you read in that employment letter. When you start the job, come back and tell us how it is. I have friends that works at the bank and from what they say, it's a very stressful place 'cause they are too profit-oriented. Someone said one of her brothers just got fired recently for not meeting target. Akingbola's MEMO to the bank's staff categorically stated that they will be deducting from the employee's salary who don't meet their targets. And employees who fails to maintain their assigned customer's account will be sacked after 3 salary deductions. I have a friend's brother that served with them, the very first month he started they gave him a N2million target. HOW IS YOUR TRAINING BY THE WAY?? Most of these banks are having some problems but they will never reveal the problems. Look at Zenith. They are going to the market again to raise some funds. They just raised one last year. And they keep cutting their employee's salaries. Zenith reduced their pay just before xmas. They systematically tie most of their employees pay to performance. Imagine that?? And the so called N3.2M that intercontinental pays, you 'll be lucky if you get N2.5M out of that because of the darn productivity bull sh*t. They treat these bank workers like a fast food joint.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by oYaTo(m): 9:23am On May 05, 2008
@ finecat i feel u o, u dey correct

I used to be an employee ( i served with the bank), and i can tell u it was hell on earth. I was virtually praying for service year to be over. My first few weeks were a torture; if u fail to sign in at 7:30 officially it's assumed u didn't come to work that day, upon that we no dey close early o, i don comot work for 10:30pm before. After a month i wrote a pledge in my diary basically stating that "No matter how much they're offering me and even if i'd become so used to life over there, I WOULD NOT BE STAYING". And i signed my name underneth.

No doubt the pay is good, even now wey i don comot since Feb dem still dey pay one thing or anoda (productivity or profitability or sumthin), but my dear pple, u aint gonna have any life outside of the bank. I went to work on saturdays and at times sundays as well. (I was in charge of their ATM machine and they'd buzz me anytime it went down, not minding i wasn't a full staff but a freakin' ajuwaya!) Public holidays were not left out. I spent xmas and new year at my station and couldn't travel home cos of the damn bank. I basically had visions of my family enjoying xmas chicken amidst laugher and all, and i had to be content with Sweet Sensation rice and chicken wey i dey chop alone in the corner of my room. Sheeeiiittt!

Upon all d pay, everyday na one memo or anoda. Akingbola throw one one time wey talk say if any account wey u dey manage go dormant, dem go comot from ur salary, Imagine that bulls**t! If customer no carry money put for hin account, na headache for u, God help u if d customer no dey available, or hin refuse to pay, na to go carry out of the big salary wey dem dey pay u put for ur customer account!

Experience plenty, make i no talk too much. Gladly left at the end of my service year. Wouldn't go back for all d money in d world.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by gazza(m): 2:15pm On May 05, 2008
nawa oooo i knw a fella whhos pay is 3.3 and recvs 140 per month how do we reconcile this i tire,
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by ikhideman(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2008
When one sees or hears banks are increasing their Salaries, u shldnt jump up and down with celebration becos u're going to sweat out 2 times what they are going to pay u. E.g Intercontinental is a bank I wldnt ever want to work for;I'd like a job where my mind is at rest instead of thinking of Suspension or reduction in salary. Imagine if i'm married with children!!
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by COCCI(m): 6:46am On May 06, 2008
EEEEEEh brothers, sisters, cousins, auntys uncles, papas and mamas, whatever the challenge might be,meetin targets, working 24/7, selling ur ideas,, one just got to pay his bills and be wise in the sense that, u shine ur eye and invest even if it means starving ur desire of all the finest things of life, afterall its not how much u receive now or wot car u drive, but wot becomes of u wen u hit old age, abeg mk una soji jo, and forget all targets the employer gives u, dont forget to stay alive daily is a target on its own, Peace ya 'll, cool
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by oYaTo(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2008
@ cocci It aint a way to live sha, you'll have to admit, half of dem bankers aint happy with their job, most are just gathering enough dough b4 switchin to anotha career or runnin off for a masters degree undecided
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by hixxx1(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2008
Abeg who dash them 4m per annum for entry? Entry wey no get any CABAL to him name. Its just packaging. Let guys from the banks speak for themselves.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by panteleonk: 4:54pm On May 06, 2008
God abeg oooooooooooooooooo, na him be sey millitants go dey kidnap intercontinental workers like mad abi?
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2008
Why stressing your stressor over this issue,whether is 3.3 or 4m let's wait till te 1st batch finisn their training nxt week and we shal see what their offer letter will deliver.
Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by kalixxx1: 5:30pm On May 07, 2008
Help me beg my girlfriennd

Re: Intercontinental Turns Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria(N4m Per Annum!) by kalixxx1: 5:31pm On May 07, 2008
She works at Intercontinental Bank. Help me beg her so that she won't dump me. i like money too.

(1) (Reply)

Pacestone Construction Ltd / Bac Group Ltd / Vacancy For Administrative And Logistic Officer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.