Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed (9697 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ / If You Are Unemployed, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 10:17am On May 28, 2013
REASONS WHY MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE UNEMPLOYED :

I know a whole lot of people will see reasons why to criticize this write up but it is very okay as every good idea, opinion and policy must always have opposition. The truth is, it will be better to tackle to message instead of the messenger.

Everyday, I see, hear and read people using the government as an excuse to their unemployment status. It really baffles me that some people who have even finished school over a decade ago and have never worked from dawn to dusk in their entire life also have the government to blame for their predicament.

All over the world it is a known fact that the government of a country doesn't have the strength to emply more than 50% of its working force population, except in some few scenario where the population of its citizenry is less than 3,000,000. Such countries are very few on planet today.

In America the populace rely on SME's (small and medium scale enterprises) to employ a whooping 65% of the countries entire workforce. The top notch companies (Fortune 500) employ 25% leaving the government to employ less than 20% of its citizens. This same ratio span across countries in Europe, Asia, South America and even Africa.

In Nigeria, the ratio is far less as the government employs less than 10% of the working class population of its citizens.

Now the main discussion is Why are majority of our youths still unemployed even with over 10,000,000 SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises), 1,000,000 Fortune 500 companies and 100,000+ government parastatals.

* Impatient : The average Nigerian youth is very impatient in nation. Most of them dream of starting a job this week and buying a car the following week and building a house by the end of the month, all these through their salary. The truth is such only happens in dreams so the earlier they wake up and realize success is built over time and with hardwork, perseverance, dedication and being focused over the years, manner doesn't just fall from heaven and land on anyone's laps.

* Educated Illiterates : A Nigerian minister once announced that Nigerian youths are unemployable. The minister said this to defend the question posed against then then government that it wasn't doing anything to tackle unemployment.

The truth remains that just going to school and having a certificate is not a guarantee of having getting a job. Every employer wants beyond just a certificate. Every employer is out to employ someone with reasoning and intellectual might. Someone who knows and wants to learn more than what they studied in school and on the job. Someone who can readily bring ideas to the table on how the company can forge forward.

Also it is pathetic to know that a research was conducted by one of the Countries top research and job outsourcing companies and it was discovered that on a test run on over 17,000 job seekers, only less than 3,000 were employable as most others couldn't make up good constructive sentences, spelt poorly and others had very low reasoning capability as so many of them couldn't answer extremely trivial questions.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 10:25am On May 28, 2013
* Employers Want A Job To Grow Them But Don't Want To Grow The Job : majority of employers are solely concerned with how much they will earn on a job at the end of the month and often time play deaf and blind on job description given on their exact portfolio on the job. So many people have lost out on great opportunities on taking up a job which would have built them over the years because in their own opinion "the pay wasn't encouraging"

* Lack Of Skillful Knowledge : it is only in Nigeria as a nation you will still find out that graduates feel they are too big of sophisticated to learn to skill or take up a skill oriented kind of job.
There's no nation that can ever grow without the skill and semi skilled professional in the economy. In most school across the world, it is compulsory for every undergraduate to take up a skill or a trade way before graduation so that they can also fall back on something when they job aren't forthcoming or they eventually lose out on a job.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by duality(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2013
Bros, I know you to be a great thinker. Some of the things you stated are true. But never forget that life is a riddle for many.

you think the deep things of life can easily be rationalized? Can you explain why some who make every effort to succeed end up in failure? do you also know that some who make intelligent efforts find themselves in the rare? Do you think you can just rationalize why young men and women with chains of degrees are struggling with poverty and unemployment?
Have you not seen unemployed folks who are ten times better than some employed folks? There are many reasons why some folks are unemployed. and the reasons have NOTHING to do with all you wrote. Believe me I know what I'm saying.

Gracias.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by albacete(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2013
You have spoken well. A lot of graduates cannot express themselves in simple English. All u hear from them is "eermm," "u know" without saying anything meaningful and they expect to work in multinational companies. And when they job is not forthcoming, they blame their inability to secure a job on nepotism, "man-know-man", GEJ, and that old woman in their village.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Lilimax(f): 1:13pm On May 28, 2013
albacete: You have spoken well. A lot of graduates cannot express themselves in simple English. All u hear from them is "eermm," "u know" without saying anything meaningful and they expect to work in multinational companies. And when they job is not forthcoming, they blame their inability to secure a job on nepotism, "man-know-man", GEJ, and that old woman in their village.
100 LIKES

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Lilimax(f): 1:16pm On May 28, 2013
A lot Nigerian youths are very impatient cheesy cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Lilimax(f): 1:18pm On May 28, 2013
acidtalk:
* Employers Want A Job To Grow Them But Don't Want To Grow The Job : majority of employers are solely concerned with how much they will earn on a job at the end of the month and often time play deaf and blind on job description given on their exact portfolio on the job. So many people have lost out on great opportunities on taking up a job which would have built them over the years because in their own opinion "the pay wasn't encouraging"

Very correct.
A lot of them does not want to grow along with the Job. All they want is a fat salary or never...
They forget that Rome was not built in a day.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 7:35pm On May 28, 2013
duality: Bros, I know you to be a great thinker. Some of the things you stated are true. But never forget that life is a riddle for many.

you think the deep things of life can easily be rationalized? Can you explain why some who make every effort to succeed end up in failure? do you also know that some who make intelligent efforts find themselves in the rare? Do you think you can just rationalize why young men and women with chains of degrees are struggling with poverty and unemployment?
Have you not seen unemployed folks who are ten times better than some employed folks? There are many reasons why some folks are unemployed. and the reasons have NOTHING to do with all you wrote. Believe me I know what I'm saying.

Gracias.

I totally agree with you that the reasons are way too deeper and complicated than all those stated above but we can't rule out one fact that the above are just the very common causes of unemployment in today's Nigeria.

People will give excuses like psychological, emotional, spiritual and even intellectual. But one thing we can't deny is that most umployees and employees to be are not thinking of growing their employers business but only want to build their own pocket.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Inik(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2013
Our educational system is also a major reason why young Nigerians are unemployed. They teach us in school to read, cram and study hard to pass exams so that we will land fat and juicy jobs when we graduate. However when we graduate we can't see the jobs. They don't teach job creation techniques or self employment courses in our schools, the curriculum is flawed and needs an overhaul to accommodate the realities of life in modern Nigeria.

Another thing is the recruitment policies adopted by job recruiters. Most companies peg the entry level recruitment age of fresh graduates to be maximum 25yrs. How then would a graduate who is above the age limit get employed?. Also some ask for 7-10 yrs work experience, how do they expect a fresh graduate to garner 7 yrs working experience?

Something must be done to ameliorate the unemployment situation in this country, we are sitting on a time bomb and when it explodes the effects will be dire.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 6:20am On May 29, 2013
^^^
You are onpoint and absolutely correct.
But Nigerian youths still don't know they have the power to call for the sack of the Labour Minister and removal of the Senate and House of Representative Committee chairmen on Labor and Productivity. Instead most of them are busy following the latest gist on Kanye and Kim, Tonto Dike, Whiz Kid and Manchester United and Chelsea.

Sooner than later, so many youths will start to discover that they are likely to never ever get employed even though they are employable if they don't seat up and take a national stand on this issue.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Nobody: 6:16am On May 31, 2013
@ Acidtalk shocked shocked shocked

You are a good example of this adage ''The pot calling the kettle black''. Did you even bother to proof read your own write up to check for and correct any many mistakes within? Or were you too much in a hurry to tell us what makes the Nigerian youth unemployable so that in your haste you have committed the same crime you've accused them of i.e poorly constructed sentences and a poorly written thread.

Your written english is appalling and it leaves a lot to be desired, this entire write up is riddled with so many mistakes which I know for a fact are not typographical errors. If this thread was being used as part of a hiring/recruitment process you would fail hands down and I personally would not hire you.

There is a latin maxim which says 'He who comes to equity, Must come with clean hands' in other words if you are going to criticize or accuse another person of something, you damn well make sure you are not found wanting or guilty of that same thing. In your case you haven't come with clean hands at all.

And just so you know this is no personal attack and I mean you no offence, I'm only saying it the way it is. Call it brutal honesty. I think you must be a popular poster on NL for people to jump right in and agree with every thing you said without pointing out your errors to you.

I've done so and can only hope you'll take it in good faith and not start an e-war over it, because I don't have the time or energy to expend on such things. I always say what I need to say and I move on

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by prodigy1(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2013
Sihom shuld be an accountant or one in d making.#guessing tho. Like ur articulacy.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 10:17am On May 31, 2013
sihom: @ Acidtalk shocked shocked shocked

You are a good example of this adage ''The pot calling the kettle black''. Did you even bother to proof read your own write up to check for and correct any many mistakes within? Or were you too much in a hurry to tell us what makes the Nigerian youth unemployable so that in your haste you have committed the same crime you've accused them of i.e poorly constructed sentences and a poorly written thread.

Your written english is appalling and it leaves a lot to be desired, this entire write up is riddled with so many mistakes which I know for a fact are not typographical errors. If this thread was being used as part of a hiring/recruitment process you would fail hands down and I personally would not hire you.

There is a latin maxim which says 'He who comes to equity, Must come with clean hands' in other words if you are going to criticize or accuse another person of something, you damn well make sure you are not found wanting or guilty of that same thing. In your case you haven't come with clean hands at all.

And just so you know this is no personal attack and I mean you no offence, I'm only saying it the way it is. Call it brutal honesty. I think you must be a popular poster on NL for people to jump right in and agree with every thing you said without pointing out your errors to you.

I've done so and can only hope you'll take it in good faith and not start an e-war over it, because I don't have the time or energy to expend on such things. I always say what I need to say and I move on

I guess you are NEW to nairaland, because if you aren't, you will know I AM THE ONLY ONE that can Break rule number 21 on nairaland's rules. You know why? I am a bloody illiterate who went to night school.

Now, you had to write this entire epistle to tell me how frustrated you are for not being employed right? Please channel you hanger to the Ministry or Labour as well as Youths and Sports development.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by realteflon(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2013
acidtalk:

I guess you are NEW to nairaland, because if you aren't, you will know I AM THE ONLY ONE that can Break rule number 21 on nairaland's rules. You know why? I am a bloody illiterate who went to night school.

Now, you had to write this entire epistle to tell me how frustrated you are for not being employed right? Please channel you hanger to the Ministry or Labour as well as Youths and Sports development.
Mr Acidtalk full of Pride. Those counties you mentioned have low cost of living.so many social amenities are provided by d Govt hence their pple are nt particular about high pay job bcois they have health care benefit,housing benefit and social care 4 all her citizen coupled with High standard of living.life is easy 2 some extent when compared to d Nigerian context. Read how these recent bank workers were laid off then you will knw that its not about impatience.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Wylout: 11:51am On May 31, 2013
sihom: @ Acidtalk shocked shocked shocked

'Everything' is one word!
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by acidtalk: 2:03pm On May 31, 2013
^^^
You dey mind the frustrated mumu?
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Chrisjane(f): 5:47pm On May 31, 2013
Nice thread. Acidtalk, pls don't derail! U made a nice input too.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
Wylout:

'Everything' is one word!

No offence taken at all. I know it's one word but like acidtalk I was in a haste to show my ITK (I Too Know) so I hit the space bar key where I shouldn't have. You were able to detect just one error in my response I no try?

@ Acidtalk

Learn to take criticism with dignity and like a man, you can dish it but you can't take it. And I am not unemployed, I hire people for a living. I hire people for small to medium size enterprises as well as big corporations. And I can validly tell you that my Naija youths are not unemployable I don't know where you got that crappy research from and I am so sick and tired of hearing that lie.

Oh and by the way, that adage about take the message and forget the messenger doesn't work. How you present your message will make or break you.

@ Prodigy1

Chop knuckles bros cool, I am not an accountant hell I didn't even pass mathematics at SSCE level I'm just a dude who loves to read and I pay attention to the spelling and meaning of words.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by fresher: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=Inik]Our educational system is also a major reason why young Nigerians are unemployed. They teach us in school to read, cram and study hard to pass exams so that we will land fat and juicy jobs when we graduate. However when we graduate we can't see the jobs. They don't teach job creation techniques or self employment courses in our schools, the curriculum is flawed and needs an overhaul to accommodate the realities of life in modern Nigeria.

Another thing is the recruitment policies adopted by job recruiters. Most companies peg the entry level recruitment age of fresh graduates to be maximum 25yrs. How then would a graduate who is above the age limit get employed?. Also some ask for 7-10 yrs work experience, how do they expect a fresh graduate to garner 7 yrs working experience?

Something must be done to ameliorate the unemployment situation in this country, we are sitting on a time bomb and when it explodes the effects will be dire. I really agree with you.....
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by duality(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
These are some of the reasons

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by SenatorJames(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
True talk, but let us attack the source before the product. Poor funding and management of our Educational system is the major problem. Do you think the federal government will be watching, as it been its NLC on strike? No.....why? Because they will loose revenue. So since ASUU strike has no financial effect, they are less concern

Dont mind those our leaders. They are just looking for baseless excuses for their corrupt practices.

Did those Governors, Presidents, Ministers, Senators, Reps calling Nigerian graduates unemployable write GMAT, Workplace or Dragnet examnations before their nomination? No!

How can we now blame foreigners treating us like a worthless element when we dont value ourself?

I dont pray it get to the level where secondary schools abroad will be demanding univeresity degree as admission requirement into their JSS1 from Nigerian applicant.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by ikenna58(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2013
acidtalk: REASONS WHY MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE UNEMPLOYED :

I know a whole lot of people will see reasons why to criticize this write up but it is very okay as every good idea, opinion and policy must always have opposition. The truth is, it will be better to tackle to message instead of the messenger.

Everyday, I see, hear and read people using the government as an excuse to their unemployment status. It really baffles me that some people who have even finished school over a decade ago and have never worked from dawn to dusk in their entire life also have the government to blame for their predicament.

All over the world it is a known fact that the government of a country doesn't have the strength to emply more than 50% of its working force population, except in some few scenario where the population of its citizenry is less than 3,000,000. Such countries are very few on planet today.

In America the populace rely on SME's (small and medium scale enterprises) to employ a whooping 65% of the countries entire workforce. The top notch companies (Fortune 500) employ 25% leaving the government to employ less than 20% of its citizens. This same ratio span across countries in Europe, Asia, South America and even Africa.

In Nigeria, the ratio is far less as the government employs less than 10% of the working class population of its citizens.

Now the main discussion is Why are majority of our youths still unemployed even with over 10,000,000 SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises), 1,000,000 Fortune 500 companies and 100,000+ government parastatals.

* Impatient : The average Nigerian youth is very impatient in nation. Most of them dream of starting a job this week and buying a car the following week and building a house by the end of the month, all these through their salary. The truth is such only happens in dreams so the earlier they wake up and realize success is built over time and with hardwork, perseverance, dedication and being focused over the years, manner doesn't just fall from heaven and land on anyone's laps.

* Educated Illiterates : A Nigerian minister once announced that Nigerian youths are unemployable. The minister said this to defend the question posed against then then government that it wasn't doing anything to tackle unemployment.

The truth remains that just going to school and having a certificate is not a guarantee of having getting a job. Every employer wants beyond just a certificate. Every employer is out to employ someone with reasoning and intellectual might. Someone who knows and wants to learn more than what they studied in school and on the job. Someone who can readily bring ideas to the table on how the company can forge forward.

Also it is pathetic to know that a research was conducted by one of the Countries top research and job outsourcing companies and it was discovered that on a test run on over 17,000 job seekers, only less than 3,000 were employable as most others couldn't make up good constructive sentences, spelt poorly and others had very low reasoning capability as so many of them couldn't answer extremely trivial questions.

[b]The truth remains that, a failed education system will always produce Half-baked Graduates! As regards the fact that "Nigerian Graduates are Unemployable", ask the minister that made that statement if the Universities today can be compared to the Universities in his own days!!
It is so pathetic that government has totally destroyed public universities in favour of their own private Universities and they just seem not to give a damn!
Imagine a University with no single RESEARCH CENTER; a university where 200 students holds lectures in a small room that cannot hold more than 80-100 students; a university where students do not even have access to the internet all through their days in school just because there is no single ICT laboratory; a university where the government is reluctant to spend to employ more qualified lecturers....

Our Education system will continue to produce half-baked, nonchalant, and unemployable graduates if the rot in our schools is not addressed!
[/b]
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by agwo2july: 7:53am On Oct 27, 2013
acidtalk: REASONS WHY MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE UNEMPLOYED :

I don't blame u but the decay in our system. Check ur write-up again, u will see the mess and desparation in U
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by Mucokey(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
@acidtalk, inasmuch as i concur to the fact u re among the NLers making incisive/reasonable post here. U must not allow that mere fact to get into head so as not to cause it over-swell because nobody is always right.
check out this ur 'almighty' post that u could not constructively differentiate between EMPLOYERS and EMPLOYEES but in your own myopic view it's a done deal that nigerian youths are unemployable because of such negligence but you re already seeing yourself as above average since maybe you re excelling in your chosen career.
Look bfore you leap...think bfore you criticise...peace out
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by engroke(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mr acid or what are u called u seem 2 ve a point just dat there are finx u don't understand, have u ever heard of tax holidays in naija? What abt social welfare, housing scheme, efficient transport system n pottable water all dx put 2geda are what makes SME thrive easily in d uk n us of which we don't have that here.
Why won't u b impatient when as a graduate you get 20k as ur pay and dat small amount would b used 4 ur upkeep, tfare, housing, water even electricity. Now tell me how you are going to cope with all these.
Nigerian youth are talented, skillful and always ready to learn have you ever wondered why that your frustrated unemployed friend in naija manages to enter places like dubai, singapore, malaysia even south africa and libya and started telling different story? The only magic there is that the environment is enabling. I know a naija graduate who works as a barber in southy. N he is doing well than bankers in naija.
Let's not chastise our graduate unnecessarily just call a spade a spade if they can't hold their own in the market I won't still blame them cos I know that our educational sector is in shambles.
If ure a graduate ere and u don't have parental or family backing there is no way you would b satisfied with earning peanuts. Now we graduates going into music, arts, comedy etc and ure still saying they are lazy when piracy is nearly chasing them outta business, what about sports this is 1 area our govt is yet 2 explore can you wake in naija as a poor man son and decide that you are gonna play football, basketball, swimming, boxing etc ? You certainly won't wanna take the risk not even now that our govt now depends on children brought up in superior conditions in europe and uk 2 fortify our team I wonder what becomes the fate of that boy on the street of naija trying to make ends meet via football. Pls! Pls!! Pls!!! If u can't psyche, inspire, encourage or help this graduate of ours let's not put salt on their wounds in my own opinion tell your honourables to vacate the house and start SME while the youth replace them as senators, managers, reps and ministers since they have already gotten their pounds of flesh from the national treasury........I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by udswagz: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
who says education is a guarantee for success in this country ?
Do you have any idea how many university graduates are unemployed ?
Even that guy across your street that graduate 2 years ago has not gotten
a job. whats the point ?
the best thing you can do for yourself is to develop your skills.
and focus on building them while you are still in school.
Frankly Nigerian education is one big joke, and there is no promise afterwards.
I focused more on my building my programming skills while in school
and after one year of graduating (have not served, bleeping school ppl)
I am running a web and mobile application development agency,
doing really fine and just got a new laptop.
Please guys build your skill, the educational promise is false.

If you really have to design a website, develop a web application or mobile application
some sites we have developed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.kasemart.com

Have an app or website idea ? just visit www.udonline.net
and i will help bring your idea to reality.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by udswagz: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
who says education is a guarantee for success in this country ?
Do you have any idea how many university graduates are unemployed ?
Even that guy across your street that graduate 2 years ago has not gotten
a job. whats the point ?
the best thing you can do for yourself is to develop your skills.
and focus on building them while you are still in school.
Frankly Nigerian education is one big joke, and there is no promise afterwards.
I focused more on my building my programming skills while in school
and after one year of graduating (have not served, bleeping school ppl)
I am running a web and mobile application development agency,
doing really fine.
Please guys build your skill, the educational promise is false.

If you really have to design a website, develop a web application or mobile application
some sites we have developed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.kasemart.com

Have an app or website idea ? just visit www.udonline.net
and i will help bring your idea to reality.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by alienware(m): 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
sihom:

No offence taken at all. I know it's one word but like acidtalk I was in a haste to show my ITK (I Too Know) so I hit the space bar key where I shouldn't have. You were able to detect just one error in my response I no try?

@ Acidtalk

Learn to take criticism with dignity and like a man, you can dish it but you can't take it. And I am not unemployed, I hire people for a living. I hire people for small to medium size enterprises as well as big corporations. And I can validly tell you that my Naija youths are not unemployable I don't know where you got that crappy research from and I am so sick and tired of hearing that lie.

Oh and by the way, that adage about take the message and forget the messenger doesn't work. How you present your message will make or break you.

@ Prodigy1

Chop knuckles bros cool, I am not an accountant hell I didn't even pass mathematics at SSCE level I'm just a dude who loves to read and I pay attention to the spelling and meaning of words.
" i no try ?". You are on the internet looking for peoples validation - you have a low self esteem.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by docchuks(m): 11:32am On May 01, 2016
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by nabzguy: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
acidtalk:

* Lack Of Skillful Knowledge : it is only in Nigeria as a nation you will still find out that graduates feel they are too big of sophisticated to learn to skill or take up a skill oriented kind of job.
There's no nation that can ever grow without the skill and semi skilled professional in the economy. In most school across the world, it is compulsory for every undergraduate to take up a skill or a trade way before graduation so that they can also fall back on something when they job aren't forthcoming or they eventually lose out on a job.
If am an employer i won't employ you, the reason is simple you can't differentiate between an employer and employee. Nigerians and 'holier than thou' attitude, remove the log in your eyes first so you can see clearly those that are employable.
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by erosimo(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Trash, nothing is so wrong with our education but the truth is there is a wide gap between the industrial sector n educational sector. Both IT n SIWEs are no where to be found today due to the decay in the infrastructural system which ideally creates enabling environments for business to grow. Definitely, if a firm needs just 10 people for employement and 5000 applied, obviously they are going to deny applicants by raising the bar beyond what it should be because they can't take more than the capacity they have. Therefore, they must find a reason why the remaining applicants were selected. Op, dont be deceived, there is less upportunity in this country of ours.

May God bless our hussle
Re: Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed by holajeedayy: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
the way out is to drop ur pride as a 2:1 holder and pick up a skill or u wake up one day u are in ur late 40s still blaming buari....fact remain that nigerians have problem and they need who will solve it for money as exchange.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement / Baro Inland Water Port To Create 2 Million Jobs / FRSC Candidates Free Past questions and answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.