Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,005 members, 7,803,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Punishment You Hated As A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Punishment You Hated As A Child (13516 Views)

You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up / The Punishment You Will Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punishment You Hated As A Child by SeanT21(f): 12:00am On Apr 29, 2008
i remember when i was little my step dad use to make me stand in the corner for hours with out moving. my feet use to be so tired that i couldnt even feel it.

another punishment i use to get in liberia is call pump tire. My dad use to let me and my brothers go up and down 50 times when we did something wrong. My whole body ues to be in trouble after that.

The punishment i most hated was the sleeping punishment. After my mother is done whipping my behind she tells me to go to bed. i use to cry so hard and fall alsleep. I just dont like sleeping in the daytime especially as a child. While all my friends where playing i use to be sleeping.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by lucabrasi(m): 1:02am On Apr 29, 2008
kneeling down and raise up your hands, after like 30 mins or so they get distracted and forget you there thats when u start feeling the weight in your arms and u r squinting with one eye, lol

touch your toe, ouch!

one wicked indian teacher my dad got for us mr shukalinga(not sure of the spelling)and he ll hold ur palms and flog the tip of your palms awww soo painful thank GOD he is back in india or punjabi or whaeva or ill have had to smokesomeone's ass
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by chika98: 1:03am On Apr 29, 2008
Yeah picking pin!
Flogging
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by HRhotness(f): 1:06am On Apr 29, 2008
my mum was to busy to think up punishments for us
she always skipped straight to the beating,,, her slippers being her weapon of choice,,, then straight off to bed to thinkabout what we did till we fall asleep, (very effective)
once mummy raised her voice, u better behave or u'd get a whooping grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 1:41am On Apr 29, 2008
All this done by my aunt (Still love you, aunty mi) :

Kneeling down and carrying a chair, with my hands raised.

Having to look for my own cane

When we lost sth, we usually have to look for it for hours, until we find it or time to look for a cain cry cry

Apologizing to the nosy neighbor (hardest punishment), and greeting her after she snitched on us angry angry

(that's all I can remember for now)

By my mom:
Long hours of speech

Listening without interrupting or else more hours added cry

By my grandma:
Declining to carry me on her back when I misbehaves
Not getting what I want cry
Not talking to me when I do sth bad cry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by babyx(f): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
i hated to observe siesta my mom's usual punishment, there were days i will lie down for hours and wont be able to sleep a wink, but i wasnt allowed to get up for at least 2hours!!! cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
riding okada,oh my gawd i hated dat punishment cos it almost paralysed me cry cry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by algood(f): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2008
My dad beats me a lot, i hate that and get to a stage i have to run out of the house.

my mum,oh jesus christ has a very bad look, when i do something wrong, the way she looked a me, i will pray fro the ground to eprn up and swallow me.

the one i hate most is long hour of talk and crying to sleep forcefully.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by iice(f): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
The whole long lecture thing is the only punishment i detest. . .what was always in my head was. . .get to the beating already and finish up.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Lady2(f): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
My mum went straight to beating and talking to us during the beating.
She won't stop beating until she was done talking, she never stopped talking shakes head

I am away from home now and when she yells at me over the Phone, I feel like she's beating me.
I feel sorry for my brother and sisters they have at least three years in that house.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by LadyT(f): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2008
Cadet:

[font=casandra Sans Unicode]All this done by my aunt (Still love you, aunty mi) :

Kneeling down and carrying a chair, with my hands raised.

We had that too from our mother.  We also had the wooden spoon on the hand and she made us count the number of hits.  And if you moved your hand you got an all over body beating instead!

Also the talking when they hit you was funny when we look back on it now.  Every word was accompanied by a smack
How Smack many Smack times Smack have Smack I Smack told Smack you!
Or
shes so angry she repeats word which means more smacks

How[b]Smack[/b] How Smack many[b]Smack[/b]many Smack times Smack Have Smack I Smack told Smack you!

1 Like

Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 1:49am On Apr 30, 2008
LadyT:

We had that too from our mother. We also had the wooden spoon on the hand and she made us count the number of hits. And if you moved your hand you got an all over body beating instead!

Also the talking when they hit you was funny when we look back on it now. Every word was accompanied by a smack
How Smack many Smack times Smack have Smack I Smack told Smack you!
Or
shes so angry she repeats word which means more smacks

How[b]Smack[/b] How Smack many[b]Smack[/b]many Smack times Smack Have Smack I Smack told Smack you!
LOL! the funny part is, when they're talking and you tried to explain, they get angry, then when they ask a question and you also try to explain they also get mad. But when you dnt explain, they smack, what is it? what do they want us to do? grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by opokonwa(m): 11:26am On Apr 30, 2008
Flogging with wire
Pick pin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Arielle: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2008
Funny thing my Mum used to say when she's in a temper and asks me a question. I saw the Mum on Cosby show say the same thing word for word. "Don't you dare open your mouth when I ask you a question!"
I tire oh! How I wan take answer, na? She used to get so angry when scolding us, her mannerisms were funny. But you don't dare laugh. The woman was a terror, sha. Can't believe she's such a big softie now.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by bigfather(m): 12:47am On May 01, 2008
My mum will allow you to sleep, then you get woken up by serious lashes of the cane. Meeeennn it was so painful,you will think that the devil has come visiting. grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by okenwa(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2008
jack it. . . .EX-BOYS WILL UNDERSTAND
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by liftedone(f): 11:31pm On May 01, 2008
Definitely flogging. My father was a teacher but I can actually count on one hand the number of times I was flogged growing up by both parents. My eldest sister got the brunt of their discipline. I think my little sister only got smacked in the bum once or twice. I had friends who used to come to school with scars on their body, it was pretty odd.

But school teachers were so mean. We got punished all the time, most times, en-masse, when only one student may have committed an offence. Wicked teachers. (I think I reaped a bit of what my dad sowed there)
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by ikamefa(f): 12:21am On May 02, 2008
one acrobatic move like dat : placing your whole weight on one finger on the floor , with one feet on the floor and the other one in the air " grin "

really cant remember the name its called now cheesy

another one is kneeling down facing the wall with a heavy object on one head cheesy

another one is the beating with a dried out cane cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wahalahi i don suffer ! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by sheniqua: 12:24am On May 02, 2008
many of y'alls parents would have been sentenced to 10 years for[b] cruelty to a minor[/b] grin
No wonder we have crazy people on this forum lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I had loving parents cool wink
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by sheniqua: 12:28am On May 02, 2008
When I erred they gave me assorted biscuits shocked cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by dominique(f): 5:01pm On May 02, 2008
ikamefa:

one acrobatic move like that : placing your whole weight on one finger on the floor , with one feet on the floor and the other one in the air " grin "

really can't remember the name its called now cheesy

its called stool down.

my worst punishment is the sit at home order where i had to stay indoors while hearing others play outside, wickeeed.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by SeanT21(f): 9:28pm On May 02, 2008
the funniest punishment i remember from school was having the students hold their chairs untop of their head while standing up until class was over. i use to laugh at the kids.

ol the good ol days. i miss my liberia.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by dominique(f): 1:28pm On May 04, 2008
thats weird and funny
the brutal punishments i experienced in school were, kneeling and crawling on sand and sharp stones, hoping on on leg across the field, stool down, angle 90, lie flat on the floor (our uniform was white), and of course the many floggings.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 04, 2008
Receiving a regular beating from my old man - cane, fists, steel cable, dining chaiir etc.
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 10:41pm On May 04, 2008
sit on an invisible chair with arms stretch forward a.k.a angle 90. . . .lol

pin down, thats standing on one foot and touching down with a single finger. . .thats tha hardest.

The one I hate most is sitting down for hours doing nothing,not even allowed to say a word - while watching your friends play, I hate that so much. angry angry
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 10:48pm On May 04, 2008
No wonder you're crazy, adesodgi grin cheesy atleast one of the reasons tongue
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by mukina2: 10:49pm On May 04, 2008
@desodgi:

sit on an invisible chair with arms stretch forward a.k.a angle 90. . . .lol
lol you too? cheesy

ikamefa:

one acrobatic move like that : placing your whole weight on one finger on the floor , with one feet on the floor and the other one in the air " grin "

really can't remember the name its called now cheesy

another one is kneeling down facing the wall with a heavy object on one head cheesy

another one is the beating with a dried out cane cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you sef? grin

both of this plus

Pumping . - you hold ur ears and move up and down till the whole area around you is soaked with sweat grin grin my Uncle had them

Asked to say in doors and others will be out playing grin you can hear them but you are not allowed to join

Sitting down for tiny braids grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 10:56pm On May 04, 2008
mukina2:

Sitting down for tiny braids grin
OMG!! that was the worst. I was not allowed to scratch my head, I sat there for mins, but it seems like hours. I can't go to sleep, the only time I can move was to use the bathroom. I can't tell her to stop when she's pulling my edges too tight! ouch!
Then the next day, my head is hurting like hell! hahaha, I had to hold my head forward like a giraffe!
The best part of my childhood years was getting my haircut in primary 2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! grin cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by ikamefa(f): 10:57pm On May 04, 2008
haaaaaaaaaa muki you were are stubborn chile! tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by desodgi(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2008
Cadet:

No wonder you're crazy, adesodgi grin cheesy atleast one of the reasons tongue

This babe you don find me reach here again? shocked
You be wahala o. cheesy
Ok, do you want to know Adesoji ni? wink
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by mukina2: 11:03pm On May 04, 2008
Cadet:

OMG!! that was the worst. I was not allowed to scratch my head, I sat there for mins, but it seems like hours. I can't go to sleep, the only time I can move was to use the bathroom.

got up every 5 mins for bathroom grin na lie o . i go stand somewhere and come again grin until she gets tired and say we stop for the day grin

ikamefa:

haaaaaaaaaa muki you were are stubborn chile! tongue grin grin grin grin

me?" grin" Angelica like megrin grin cheesy
Re: Punishment You Hated As A Child by Cadet(f): 11:06pm On May 04, 2008
@muki
lol!! na wa o

@desodgi:

Ok, do you want to know Adesoji ni? wink
Ashewo buruku! people, see this bobo using style! shocked shocked shocked Egba mi o!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? / A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.