Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos (18810 Views)

Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger / Deaf & Dumb Man Stabs Peacemaker To Death In Ondo / Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Adufaye(m): 11:48pm On May 28, 2013
Abi deaf n dumb no dy get talent?
Na weitin him sabi do b dat!
Yet e no kill anybody since 99
Kudos man.....weitin u dy do beta pas armed robber n BH boys

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 28, 2013
ndala: do you love me?
\ː̗=))ː̖ Ewooooh
^'// \_
^'.

Pardon?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by nenergy(m): 11:53pm On May 28, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route
What?! Chai,i go don enter him moto before o! Hmmmn,na Jehovah dey save person!
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 12:07am On May 29, 2013
/
He will probably be the only survivalist.

Dude will not have to worry about the incessant honking in Lagos.

No be just to drive? After all, na the conductor dey announce location and destination.

Wahala go dey when passenger dey shout "owa o!" and driver no hear!

//
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 12:12am On May 29, 2013
InvertedHammer: /
He will probably be the only survivalist.

[b]Dude will not have to worry about the incessant honking in Lagos.

No be just to drive? After all, na the conductor dey announce location and destination.

Wahala go dey when passenger dey shout "owa o!" and driver no hear![/b]
//

I love the bolded part..I dey tire for Lagosians and their unnecessary noise with their toys.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Feranmicharles(m): 12:26am On May 29, 2013
ao 2ru is dis
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by dramendra: 12:36am On May 29, 2013
To hell with BRT, and why do BRT deserves a special lane? Btw Fashola no wan see beggers for road, so weitin make the guy do? Though I no support a deaf man driving oh.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 1:29am On May 29, 2013
Wonder they say shall never end. So if u horn at that driver, u r wasting ur time, if you yell its like talk to d finers. Thank God he got caught. Good job to d task force.

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by denzel2009: 1:43am On May 29, 2013
No wonder!!! we dey shout o wa o driver no dey gree stop.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by donLEXY(m): 2:26am On May 29, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How did he get a license in the first instance ? These are the kind of stuff the world see,analyse and conclude that Nigerians have very low IQ.there is no point arresting the guy cuz he hasn't committed any offence even the court will set him free.The failure of the Nigerian system should be blamed and the officials of the agencies found culpable should be sanctioned.

Go back to school and try do GNS(English). This teaches reading and understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by donLEXY(m): 2:29am On May 29, 2013
redcliff: m

[size=14pt]i thought the culprit was deaf and dumb[/size]

He can write
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Ayatullah(m): 3:10am On May 29, 2013
THIS TYPE OF DRIVER WILL BE VERY USEFUL FOR PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN ........PLEASE SEND HIM TO THE VILLA.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by legzydaboss(m): 3:15am On May 29, 2013
Hahaha
Deaf and dumb driver 4 lagos
Chaii undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by naptu2: 3:39am On May 29, 2013
1) Who gave him a drivers license? Ans: He's been driving without a license since 1999.

2) How was he questioned and how did he answer the questions? Ans: Written questions were given to him. He can read and write.

3) Did he commit any offence? Ans: Yes. He drove without a valid drivers license (he wouldn't have been given a license anyway, because he is deaf and dumb). He also drove on the BRT lane.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by mannas1: 3:50am On May 29, 2013
hw can blind man lead blind man chai God help us
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by PallyG(m): 3:50am On May 29, 2013
dat guy has no business driving a commercial bus...he is a danger to himself and the passengers.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by ozoemeka(m): 4:16am On May 29, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

He lamented that despite his predicament, he drove on the BRT lane, which was why he was arrested initially, adding that he has been driving for a long time." "When we asked him questions, he could reply us.He cannot even hear or speak but he can write. We don't expect him to be driving other people.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence."He is liable for his action. He was arrested with passengers in his bus on BRT lane.We are going to look for the owner of the vehicle and charge him to court. We are holding him back here so that we can get the owner of the bus," Sulaiman said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/

Nigerian stories! shocked cool tongue How did he "say" all these things and he is deaf? grin
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 4:58am On May 29, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

He lamented that despite his predicament, he drove on the BRT lane, which was why he was arrested initially, adding that he has been driving for a long time." "When we asked him questions, he could reply us.He cannot even hear or speak but he can write. We don't expect him to be driving other people.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence."He is liable for his action. He was arrested with passengers in his bus on BRT lane.We are going to look for the owner of the vehicle and charge him to court. We are holding him back here so that we can get the owner of the bus," Sulaiman said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/

Deaf and dumb driver? shocked shocked shocked shocked
God help your people
Is this not a killer on the loose?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Burger01(m): 5:12am On May 29, 2013
malc619:

Y did you quote the whole article??

But for rule 2 I would have called you a Mega-OLODO, but I'll exercise restraint. Instead I'll just say; "God Bless You.."

cool cool

Yet you fouled of the same rule 2.

grin
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by fedup(f): 5:52am On May 29, 2013
D driver cannot even hear horn of other vehicles
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:00am On May 29, 2013
Biim: "he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route"
I thought they said he is dumb?
Off topic - I have seen a blind man driving a commercial bike (okada) if dem no tell you say he blind, you no go know. I wonder how he does it.
The article said he could write
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by amtalkin(f): 6:01am On May 29, 2013
Off topic - I have seen a blind man driving a commercial bike (okada) if dem no tell you say he blind, you no go know. I wonder how he does it.
Didn't u read where they said he can write?

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Exponental(m): 6:05am On May 29, 2013
I'm not surprised @ all. When I look @ traffic in lagos sometimes, it is annoyingly crazy without any major cause(s), I am sure ghosts sef dey drive motor for lagos.

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 6:11am On May 29, 2013

That's an easy one.
They catch the guy for Apongbon area. Abi?

So if he points to the right, na im automatically mean say na Ajah-lekki-CMS..area in dey ply.

For say he point to the left, that one na Festac-Okokomaiko-Badagry..one way!

Good thing he didn't point up..dat one mean say he and one of the Task Force officials go see their creator that day.

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:23am On May 29, 2013
I don't blame the guy,its the situation of nigeria that pushed him to the wall.he's a family man which wife and kids looks up to,the poor man has to fend for his little family.
Can you watch your loved ones starves to the death?

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by ifyofili: 6:40am On May 29, 2013
cheesy U won't blame d man, na poverty besides he is deaf n dumb bt nt blind or handicap n wit conductor, he dnt need to talk. Talkn n gossippn wehile driving distracts anyways. Dey shld release d man to go bk to his family

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by CVHP: 6:50am On May 29, 2013
brownlord:

like seriously, are you for real? did you read the article before rushing to post? or you just want to be noticed
This guy must be very DUMB. How did he pass O'level? Maybe he didn't or he's one of these guys that block their out of school! I won't call him EEEEEDIOT! But for real he's worth it, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by gennysq(f): 6:55am On May 29, 2013
How does he hear D̶̲̥̅̊ conductor or passengers if D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ want to alight @ a bus-stop 4rm D̶̲̥̅̊ vehicle?? Abi nah Tapping method! undecided
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by pendusky(m): 6:58am On May 29, 2013
OMG! finaly em don arrest that man oh! I boarded his bus from CMS to Ajah in 2010 in a heavy traffic, the way d conductor communicate wit him to drop somebody at a particular busstop is wat suprised me. He wil scratch d bus .I remember how he nearly crush one woman wit a baby on ha back at Law Sch bustop who came down half way from his bus when he wanted to move, the man who sat in front of the bus begin to harash him. 'kilode na? Iwere u want kill person huh? The way d man responded tell us hes a deaf and dumb, the ladies at d back wer shouting Olumaje oh! Conductor i wan commot 4 d next bus stop oh. Wetin concern me...when we reach Ajah i hail him, he smile as he drove off... grin
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by rawtruth(m): 7:01am On May 29, 2013
Iykebestbt: From now on..I will start to exchange greetings with any driver that am about to board his vehicle..failure to reply i don't mind taking after Chioma Ajunwa..

There are deaf drivers all over world, they are even better drivers than the "healthy" who would be busy conversing with other passengers or listening to music and veer of the road. Deaf driver concentrate more on their "duty" than the others since they have very few distractions. One who drives an air-conditioned vehicle with closed "windows" is not different from a deaf driver. What should concern us the most ought to be whether or not the driver's sight and mental health are in order. Period!
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by hero2947: 7:10am On May 29, 2013
Naija I dey Hail ooo

no bustop driver.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by chronique(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2013
brownlord:

like seriously, are you for real? did you read the article before rushing to post? or you just want to be noticed

I tire o. No wonder they fail woefully in school. Something that is in His front,that He can read over and over again;He still can't read and understand. Why are our youths like this? Gosh! cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Private School Students Found Dead In Alagbado Area Of Lagos / Suspected Notorious Phone Thief Caught After A Prayer From Victim's Husband / Man's Corpse Found In A River In Katsina (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.