Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? (2404 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Can Lagoon State Really Come Out Of The Ugly Yoke Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by remmyz(m): 5:03am On May 29, 2013
I have always been a very strong supporter of the present governor of Lagos State. going by the good road constructions i see when going to the island, moving around Lekki and some parts of the mainland like ikeja, ogba surulere and so on. but my work took me to some areas in Lagos which i kept asking IS THIS PLACE PART OF LAGOS STATE OR OGUN STATE. Places like Abule-egba, Ayobo, Ikola, Command, Itele, and some parts of ikorodu. sincerely the sorry sights of these places i mention will leave you with no option to believe that this Administration is not working at all this gov is all about the rich, why not open up all this residential communities so as to decongest already developed areas. i cant imagine someone leaving in Ikola, where almost all the roads are no passable and he or she needs to be rushed to the hospital, what is the fate of such person. pls my fellow nairalanders. if you leave in some of these areas i mentioned, kindly takes pictures and upload it here. lets use this medium to serve as a wake up call for the government. Hon Tesleem Says

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Nobody: 5:07am On May 29, 2013
Fashola's Policies are Anti-Poor, always. Not a bad thing to clean the core areas of Island and mainland, but it will be nice if he can do something for the poor instead of just tolling roads and bridges and impoverishing the middle class.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Nobody: 5:19am On May 29, 2013
This is not a good thing to see in Lagos. Fashola has not done anything great for residents that live after Ikeja to Alagbado area. The place is in a mess. Fashola is only working in middle-class areas of Lagos State.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2013
remmyz: Places like Abule-egba, Ayobo, Ikola, Command, Itele, and some parts of ikorodu. sincerely the sorry sights of these places i mention will leave you with no option to believe that this Administration is not working at all this gov is all about the rich. Hon Tesleem Says

If you further add places like Ayobo-Ipaja, Alimosho, Aboru, Ikotun-Egbe, Agbado, Oke-Odo, Ajegunle at Ikorodu, Oko-Oba,
Isawo, Ori-Okuta, Ojuoro Ikorodu, Ajelogo, Agbede, Bariga, Alapere, Iju-Ishaga, Salami Giwa and other conurbation at the suburbs, you'll understand better why the current administration is purely elitist.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by frodobee: 6:41am On May 29, 2013
At-all-at-all na im worse pass. Just passing-by.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Kairoseki77: 7:00am On May 29, 2013
You are funny OP.

Fashola and the LASG are spreading development all around the state. Saying he only focuses on the rich is just a mischievous way PDP trolls try to make the good parts of Lagos seem evil.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 7:06am On May 29, 2013
Though it's undeniable that areas the OP and other posters mentioned are in a deplorable state, the picture the OP showed us indicates an on going road construction truncated by the rains

That's all . . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by remmyz(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2013
jmaine: Though it's undeniable that areas the OP and other posted mentioned are in a deplorable state, the picture the OP showed us indicates an on going road construction truncated by the rains

That's all . . . . . .
that road is an ongoing project in Ayobo and its been on for 2years. a road that was started after this ayobo road linking ogba to fagba is nearing completion. i dnt mind sponsoring a visits to some of the places that has been mentioned here, lets take pictures and send to the media houses since they(media) has abandoned investigative journalism in this country. may be that will ginger the present administration to work harder
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by bloggernaija: 7:14am On May 29, 2013
If fasola should move into those area,most people here will start be crying .fashola as you know goes with a bank check in one hand and a bulldozer following behind.
Alapere for example is full of houses which are either unsuitable for habitation or there are too many people living in a house.many of the street are unplanned as well.all those areas which are a legacy of the military era require massive constructive destruction ..If the government eventually decides to do something about this,many people would have to simply move out of Lagos .
also the rate at which Lagos is growing means that the resources of the government are spread too thin.
Unfortunate this means that mostly primary roads /in frastructure get priority attention.secondary :
/tertiary infrastructure would have to wait.
That means the government has to expand the pie first .which means area like VI, Lagos island ,ikeja attract attention before anywhere else
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 7:17am On May 29, 2013
remmyz:
that road is an ongoing project in Ayobo and its been on for 2years. a road that was started after this ayobo road linking ogba to fagba is nearing completion. i dnt mind sponsoring a visits to some of the places that has been mentioned here, lets take pictures and send to the media houses since they(media) has abandoned investigative journalism in this country. may be that will ginger the present administration to work harder

Even the Ogba to Fagba hasn't been tarred yet, though it's way better than those Ayobo - Itele axis roads . . .
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by ba7man(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2013
That's what happens when the rate of uncontrolled urbanization far exceeds the rate of development. You move into a far off outskirt in the bushes and complain that the Government hasn't gotten to you yet. There are priorities to be considered. All these places mentioned are far off from the center and closer to Ogun State, the day work starts in those places know that the problems of Lagos State and this Country are almost at an end.....This is the Largest urban sprawl in West Africa we're talking about and you expect it to be fixed as if its 3 roads we're constructing here.

1 Like

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Nobody: 7:44am On May 29, 2013
How many km of road has fashola really constructed? Am amaze at how people like to think that fashola is doing wonders! Lagos is a tiny island and the total km of road from one end of lagos to another is not up to the road linking two LG in other states and yet other governors with the megre income are constructing thousands of km of quality roads withour tolling any.

Propaganda is really effective. And ACN is the mother and great grand father of propaganda politics in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 29, 2013
No, hes not working: hes in the UK and Indian having his nose cancer fixed, and busy truncating NGF elections...
See, im tired of people like you, if you are tired of Lagos, go back to your kidnappers infested village.
Enough with all this gabbage you guys keep spilling about BRF. Post some stuff about your village governor.
Lagos is not an Ibo, or SS or SE state....focus on your useless govs! Haba!
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by ba7man(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2013
oxford: How many km of road has fashola really constructed? Am amaze at how people like to think that fashola is doing wonders! Lagos is a tiny island and the total km of road from one end of lagos to another is not up to the road linking two LG in other states and yet other governors with the megre income are constructing thousands of km of quality roads withour tolling any.

Propaganda is really effective. And ACN is the mother and great grand father of propaganda politics in Nigeria
You don't live in Lagos from what you've just said and i doubt if you've ever visited it. Where in Nigeria can you drive for hours without a break in densely populated areas. The largest Urban sprawl in West Africa. It needs serious de-population, Fast.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 8:06am On May 29, 2013
ba7man: That's what happens when the rate of uncontrolled urbanization far exceeds the rate of development. You move into a far off outskirt in the bushes and complain that the Government hasn't gotten to you yet. There are priorities to be considered. All these places mentioned are far off from the center and closer to Ogun State, the day work starts in those places know that the problems of Lagos State and this Country are almost at an end.....This is the Largest urban sprawl in West Africa we're talking about and you expect it to be fixed as if its 3 roads we're constructing here.

You generalistic approach of excusing the govt by terming areas as bushes is wrong. ..Look at the quote below and tell if majority of those areas can be comfortably be termed bushy areas

Maxymilliano:

If you further add places like Ayobo-Ipaja, Alimosho, Aboru, Ikotun-Egbe, Agbado, Oke-Odo, Ajegunle at Ikorodu, Oko-Oba,
Isawo, Ori-Okuta, Ojuoro Ikorodu, Ajelogo, Agbede, Bariga, Alapere, Iju-Ishaga, Salami Giwa and other conurbation at the suburbs, .
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 8:06am On May 29, 2013
Double post . . . .
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Effwazobia: 8:10am On May 29, 2013
Only people that have not travelled to the west would believe that Fash is doing a heck of a job. He ain't doing squart sh-t. If you believe that this man is working, then you need to travel. At least take a trip to S. Africa. Europe and the US are far. Or even Angola
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Kairoseki77: 8:14am On May 29, 2013
I love these Igbo haters!

Where is your Second Niger Bridge? You can't even build a bridge, yet you are here crying about Lagos!
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by ba7man(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2013
Those areas aren't far off from the bushes. Its just that a large no of people move in at almost the same time. Most of them have bushes at walking distance to them. I know b'cos I'v live in Alagbado and Ayobo b4. What used to go through my mind then was...."Why would i want to live here?? The highest i'd do is purchase land here and wait for development to catch up and increase its value". Not move into the area and start complaining bout development. It will get there but its a matter of time. Its only natural........But truely that Ayobo rd really needs to be fixed.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Effwazobia: 8:16am On May 29, 2013
Kairoseki77: I love these Igbo haters!

Where is your Second Niger Bridge? You can't even build a bridge, yet you are here crying about Lagos!

Another ni-ga that hasn't stepped outta 9ja. Ni-ga take your monkey a-s to south Africa or somewhere and get your a-s enlightned on what "work" is, and quit being tribal with this sh-t
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 8:21am On May 29, 2013
ba7man: Those areas aren't far off from the bushes. Its just that a large no of people move in at almost the same time. Most of them have bushes at walking distance to them. I know b'cos I'v live in Alagbado and Ayobo b4. What used to go through my mind then was...."Why would i want to live here?? The highest i'd do is purchase land here and wait for development to catch up and increase its value". No move into the area and start complaining bout development. It will get there but its a matter of time. Its only natural.

So Bariga, Somolu and Alimosho L.G.A are close to bushes . . .bros, abeg re-adjust . . .
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Kairoseki77: 8:28am On May 29, 2013
Effwazobia:

Another ni-ga that hasn't stepped outta 9ja. Ni-ga take your monkey a-s to south Africa or somewhere and get your a-s enlightned on what "work" is, and quit being tribal with this sh-t

I'm being tribal!?!?

Lagos is the most developed part of Nigeria, and the South West is the most developed region. Somehow, people in the East spend all their life rubbishing Lagos and it's leaders. Does that make any sense to you? They must be attacking for tribal reasons.

While you beg and plead for the Second Niger Bridge, the South West has been busy developing itself WITHOUT the Federal Government's help. The only two groups dependent on the FG are the North, and the South East. Both of those regions are failures. grin

To borrow a phrase from my big bro Fashola. IF YOU DON'T LIKE LAGOS, GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE!

1 Like

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Pritheeann(f): 8:32am On May 29, 2013
Effwazobia: Only people that have not travelled to the west would believe that Fash is doing a heck of a job. He ain't doing squart sh-t. If you believe that this man is working, then you need to travel. At least take a trip to S. Africa. Europe and the US are far. Or even Angola
is this a joke?
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Kairoseki77: 8:34am On May 29, 2013
Effwazobia: Only people that have not travelled to the west would believe that Fash is doing a heck of a job. He ain't doing squart sh-t. If you believe that this man is working, then you need to travel. At least take a trip to S. Africa. Europe and the US are far. Or even Angola

Let me see a picture of your village!

Abeg, I won't even laugh. I promise!
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by ba7man(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2013
jmaine:

So Bariga, Somolu and Alimosho L.G.A are close to bushes . . .bros, abeg re-adjust . . .
Dude, my office is close to Somolu and i drive through Bariga to avoid the hold up on Ikorodu road. You don't know what you're saying. There is a main road in Somolu that LASG destroyed everyone's fences and reconstructed it to accomodate the road expansion. You're just repeating what you've heard clueless people post on Lag related threads.
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Garrithe1st: 8:44am On May 29, 2013
WHY ALWAYS FASHOLA??

Why not T.A. Orji??

Why not Martins Elechi??

Why not Sullivan Chime??

Why not Seriake Dickson??

Why not Emmanuel Basin-Head Uduaghan??

Why not Peter Obi??

Why not Mimiko??

Why not Roachas??

Why not Akpabio??

Why not Amaechii??

Why Always Fashola??...??

The answer is very simple:

HE IS THE BEST!!

HE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REST!!

Eko Oni Baje ooo!! Haters from the gully-zone should go and eat Akpu and leave Mr. Fashola alone.

2 Likes

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by jmaine: 8:50am On May 29, 2013
ba7man: Dude, my office is close to Somolu and i drive through Bariga to avoid the hold up on Ikorodu road. You don't know what you're saying. There is a main road in Somolu that LASG destroyed everyone's fences and reconstructed it to accomodate the road expansion. You're just repeating what you've heard clueless people post on Lag related threads.

Bros, no dey jonze for here cos i be correct Akoka boy; you dey hear me so ? I don't often comment on Lagos related threads not because am not conversant with the state but because i simply chose to ignore certain mischief from posters who don't even reside in the state

You mentioned a major road out of how many ? Are you even sure your very conversant with those areas you you seek to dabble into ? . . .

Bariga & Somolu need a lot of govt presence in terms of road rehabilitation . . .

I even forgot to mention the Etiosa axis...
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Garrithe1st: 8:53am On May 29, 2013
You beg for airports...

You beg for seaports....

You beg for bridges.....

What have your governors achieved??

Where are the projects they've commissioned??

Why have you given up on ur leaders, thus fixating shamelessly on the best governor in Nigeria..??

Bad Belle folks with extreme low self-esteem. Instead of holding ur thieving leaders to account, all you try to do is paint the most capable administrator in the country with the same ink as ur BRAIIN-DEAD governors.

Yet you claim to be the smartest ones in Nigeria.

Shame on you and your "BEGGAR-LEADERS".

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 29, 2013
Effwazobia:

So you've travelled far and wide yet you are comparing Lagos a state in Nigeria with countries like South Africa the most economically viable and developed in Africa,the US most developed country in the world and Europe an advanced economy and a continent of itself. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by EkoIle1: 9:09am On May 29, 2013
Garri the 1st: WHY ALWAYS FASHOLA??

Why not T.A. Orji??

Why not Martins Elechi??

Why not Sullivan Chime??

Why not Seriake Dickson??

Why not Emmanuel Basin-Head Uduaghan??

Why not Peter Obi??

Why not Mimiko??

Why not Roachas??

Why not Akpabio??

Why not Amaechii??

Why Always Fashola??...??

The answer is very simple:

HE IS THE BEST!!

HE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REST!!

Eko Oni Baje ooo!! Haters from the gully-zone should go and eat Akpu and leave Mr. Fashola alone.

Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by remmyz(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2013
i know their are a lot of threads that has talked about Lagos is working or Lagos is not working. my main reason for creating this thread is to post picture updates of large communities that are not feeling the govt presence... i will be in ikola later today and i will post picture update. i spoke with a guy in Ayobo Local Council Area and he told me about 50,000 people leaves in ikola. are they not Lagosians?
Re: Is Gov Babatunde Fashola Of Lagos State Really Working? by bloggernaija: 9:39am On May 29, 2013
remmyz: i know their are a lot of threads that has talked about Lagos is working or Lagos is not working. my main reason for creating this thread is to post picture updates of large communities that are not feeling the govt presence... i will be in ikola later today and i will post picture update. i spoke with a guy in Ayobo Local Council Area and he told me about 50,000 people leaves in ikola. are they not Lagosians?

Even those pictures show that construction is ongoing in that location . Earth moving equipment have touch that location and those culvert are recent construction

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aluta No Be Politics Ooo...can Tony Nwoye Deliver Anambra To PDP? / FFK Responds To Aviation Minister, Calls Her Market Woman,fish Wife / I’m Being Held Hostage, MTN Boss Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.