Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29149 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 6:32pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I don't mean to call you bushman as you implied, but sincerely we are in it together we need to challenge government and that is my point, in some part of the world, this bridge is impeachable offense. I need to stop here today.

Thanks for all your comments, they won't go unnoticed.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I don't mean to call you bushman as you implied, but sincerely we are in it together we need to challenge government and that is my point, in some part of the world, this bridge is impeachable offense. I need to stop here today.

Apologies accepted. To buttress your point about challenging the government, let me add a quote from one of my favorite movies, V for Vendetta: “People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be
afraid of their people.”
We be colleagues nau. I beg, me self wan enter option 24/7 jare.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2013
[img][/img]
This model can cater for that roundabout perfectly.

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by thelonestranger: 6:42pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

Actually, some boys were already setting up shops there selling dvds!
Some Ibo boys you mean grin grin grin
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by abes(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo: [img][/img]

That bridge is only achievable if there are no buildings around (developed environment), I mean bushes like in Akwa-Ibom can still construct that kind of bridge in their town center. I can count 14 lanes from your proposed bridge, how do you intend to create enough space for it in an environment like Mokola?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 6:50pm On May 29, 2013
abes:

That bridge is only achievable if there are no buildings around (developed environment), I mean bushes like in Akwa-Ibom can still construct that kind of bridge in their town center. I can count 14 lanes from your proposed bridge, how do you intend to create enough space for it in an environment like Mokola?
That is just a model sample, i know all the building in that area and there are already 2 lanes from Sango, UCH, Sabo and Dugbe, so only the bridge is missing, it is not necessary to be that picture, but that is just sample of what i expect from the government to make it a complete project for future generations.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 6:51pm On May 29, 2013
thelonestranger:
Some Ibo boys you mean grin grin grin

you don't have to open all ya mouth like that, we all know those who open small CD shops like lost lambs

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.

I suppose u r a learner,...there was never any bridge there prior to Ajimobi's administration. I bet u ain't familiar with the Ibadan terrain.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2013
We Oyo State indigenes are not complaining Infact we are commending the govt

Its those from the erosion ravaged caves that dare not visit their home town for fear of being kidnapped or cannibalised dey complain

5 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 6:55pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I also first thought it was inferiority complex but I realized it's not. You don't expect an immigrant to overlook what's going on in his/her away home hosting him/her. They all live in SW states, more are still immigrating on minute bases and others in their villages are willing to migrate someday. For this, I think they should be given the opportunity to express their concerns for the betterment of SW.

If you are correct then I am indeed very worried for them because people like that, rather than wasting time on discussion blogs, should be busy looking within themselves to gain answers as per why they harbour negativity for their host States and her people. It does not seem like normal or balanced behaviour to me and I think some people would benefit from psychological counselling instead of carrying such unhealthy minds around.

Why, for example, would anyone be living in Oyo and talking constantly about Akwa Ibom? Would it not be the most natural thing in the world for such folks to move to the Akwa Ibom they are touting to be "paradise"?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:56pm On May 29, 2013
Frankie9ice:

I suppose u r a learner,...there was never any bridge there prior to Ajimobi's administration. I bet u ain't familiar with the Ibadan terrain.
Tell am...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 7:02pm On May 29, 2013
It looks a little poorly built, but it's better than having nothing.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Vetsurgeon: 7:05pm On May 29, 2013
..Its a thing of joy knowing what the Acn governors are doing in the south west. I dare the pdp governors on this one.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by UyiIredia(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: That bridge looks too cheap and unprofessional. The contractor did a bad job and I am sure, billions of dollars has been spent on that. But I must commend them for not putting a toll-gate on the bridge, yet.

Billions of dollar$ spenti on that ! Oh well ! That is to be expected from a Billyonaire cheesy
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by abes(m): 7:10pm On May 29, 2013
I don't think that bridge is narrow judging by the white 18-feet truck packed across under it in the picture below.

NB: Picture was taken when the bridge was still under construction.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 29, 2013
DrummaBoy: Lest someone think this poster is a government official far from it. I have had occasions to criticize this govt on this forum.

We think the Ajimobi got scored high in its effort to put up this bridge in less than a year of starting and in just 2 yrs of coming to office.

We wish them the best in the final 2 yrs left and hope otherACN/PDP/OTHER govt emulate acts like this and even surpass them.

Congratulation my fellow Ibadan people on this great feat.

Please cud u tell us the other laudable things Ajimobi has done in Ibadan in his 2yrs in Office beside the Mokola bridge project. Although am not resident in Ibdn,I frequent Ibdn regularly.
Got a question for you,...do u know for how long the Ijokodo-Apete bridge has bin under construction? Is that bridge up to 500m long? Would the Apete bridge cost OYSG 30% of wat the Mokola bridge cost?
My honest take on Ajimobi? He is a below average-performing governor. It's a shame the dude is in ACN.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by RedReact: 7:17pm On May 29, 2013
The model up here is possible if there were enough space for construction, but with an area like Mokola, that is impossible, except they are going to bulldoze buildings. Furthermore, the bridge isn't going to allow heavy duty vehicles.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by amAZEing: 7:20pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

The person you quoted and responded to is one of them and he spewed even worse in his other posts on NL.

Na small bridge, but his entire region don't even know how to build hen cage talk less bridge. 30 and still begging for a common river bridge...

Talk about suffer head...

45 Likes
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 7:21pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

If you are correct then I am indeed very worried for them because people like that, rather than wasting time on discussion blogs, should be busy looking within themselves to gain answers as per why they harbour negativity for their host States and her people. It does not seem like normal or balanced behaviour to me and I think some people would benefit from psychological counselling instead of carrying such unhealthy minds around.

Why, for example, would anyone be living in Oyo and talking constantly about Akwa Ibom? Would it not be the most natural thing in the world for such folks to move to the Akwa Ibom they are touting to be "paradise"?

They'll prefer the SW states to their 'paradise' because the pasture is greener in SW. Compare the surroundings of the mokola bridge picture posted by the op to any picture from any of their 'paradises', you'll notice they're all sparsely populated because there is no life there. No investor 'll leave SW for a place where militancy and kidnapping prevail. They can't survive in their 'paradise', they have to move up to SW where life is.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by UyiIredia(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2013

Reminds of the the flyover at Sango. Same design.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 29, 2013
Ibadan no try as per capital at all, most of d private houses are miserably and sad looking.

Lemme not talk abt dat bridge cos these tribalists have not travelled

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 29, 2013
ngozievergreen: Ibadan no try as per capital at all, most of d private houses are miserably and sad looking.

Lemme not talk abt dat bridge cos these tribalists have not travelled
Say the truth and shame the Amala Bridge devils...LOL
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 29, 2013
The bridge was never there few years back.
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 29, 2013
Some people have accused us of being APC e-warriors but we are only for good governance regardless of what party in power. There are PDP Governors that are performing in their respective states just as all AC Governors are doing. Although I like Ajimobi way of governance but that bridge is an eye sore. I wouldn't rate that bridge more than 3 out of 10. The bridge is a no no for me and Oyo people deserve better than that.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 7:48pm On May 29, 2013
I see some "Mortuary-Engineers" from the "Gully-Zone" saying the usual thrash.

Very interesting!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 7:52pm On May 29, 2013
payless: that bridge is an eye sore. I wouldn't rate that bridge more than 3 out of 10. The bridge is a no no for me and Oyo people deserve better than that.

Can you substantiate ur claim above??

What do you mean by eyesore??

Is it structurally deficient or aesthetically unappealing??

In very specific terms, WHY DO YOU THINK THE BRIDGE IS AN EYESORE??

*Waiting*

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 8:03pm On May 29, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Can you substantiate ur claim above??

*Waiting*

*still waiting*

cool
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by funshint(m): 8:06pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

That's because the the available space for expansion was too small, and I guess he didn't want to destroy too many things along its path.
That's right bro I've also taught about it but later i realized that if the bridge was to be a dual-carriage, a lot of important structures will be destroyed in its course like WEMA bank, Tantilizers, Mr Biggs, LG complex, Scoops and about 3 filling stations for those who are familiar with that area. So i think the governor must have heeded to wise counsel which is the best decision he could have made. But sentiments aside that bridge can conveniently take two big trailers @ thesame time and it will adequately serve the purpose it was constructed to serve for a very long time. Kudos Ajimobi!!!

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 29, 2013
Garri the 1st:

An you substantiate ur claim above??

*Waiting*

This is not a modern designed bridge. It looks unappealing and old fashioned to me. It's not well paved if you look at the first picture.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
@Op,did u notice a billboard not too far from the bridge with the caption "Flyover to 2019" ? Is ds right? I'm an Ibadan indigene but I hate to see that!its shameful....av u bin to Abeokuta to check out the flyover they constructed within 6mths and commissioned? D bridge is over hyped mehn.....Ajimobi's d best governor in my mind that Ibadan has eva had but....

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by muredo(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

As if anyone was expecting anything different from a poor church rat from one thick village in the east. You have an option of overlooking the thread rather than spewing trash on it.
Why sent my guy go village nw,when xmas never reach,you baaadddd,O TI MO ESI ORO JU
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I called now to my friend in government, the price is 2.2billion naira, so it is below par as i said, the work done there is less than a billion naira job.

Lol!! Who's this your "friend"? The governor's gateman? Hahahaha

See this one o, you called someone, so we should take it that you are correct, not so? Mehn, some people dull sha!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Voters Wrestle Result Sheet From INEC Supervisory Officer At Lagos Polling Unit / Abdulaziz Yari & Kabiru Marafa Dump APC, Defect To PDP / Governors-Elect In Abuja To Congratulate Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.