Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day (5948 Views)

Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Democracy Day! / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by watchinglagos: 8:50am On May 30, 2013
As governments all over the Federation gave account of their stewardship on 2013 democracy day, Amuwo Odofin LGA led by Comrade Ayodele Adewale decided to go on a misguided adventure in Festac town.
On the said day, orange sellers were arrested, a vulcanizer had his machine seized and a shop was hurriedly and illegally sealed just because a bread hawker stopped to sell beside the shop which the shop occupant has no control over, same three other shops just because an orange seller was seen beside the shops.
The orange sellers were taken to Festac police station, the DPO was so disappointed that he ordered them to be released immediately. The shop however, remained sealed with a sticker meant for abandoned vehicles, I don't understand how a shop built legally will be moved.
Pictures below:

source: http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/05/amuwo-lga-arrests-orange-sellers-and.html

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Transfer of 'anointing' from his mentor Fashola.. grin

He should have sent them packing to their states cool abi no be wetin oga do im son go do?

1 Like

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Garrithe1st: 9:06am On May 30, 2013
watchinglagos:
The orange sellers were taken to Festac police station, the DPO was so disappointed that he ordered them to be released immediately.

Kudos to the DPO for doing the right thing. The LG boss should direct his people to do the sensible thing as well.

cool
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:11am On May 30, 2013
This is funny.DPO released people arrested by the Oga At The Top. Oga go transfer him o
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Lusaint(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2013
Hmmmmmm
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by hoochay: 9:13am On May 30, 2013
3rd to lol
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by icontact: 9:16am On May 30, 2013
This dude is very shameless. Chasing shadows is his hobby now. Dont know if he still lives in festac, because if he does, he should cover his face in shame. All the roads in festac are in a very deplorable state. Yet his hobby is to go out and arrest beer parlours that stay beyond 10pm. Now arresting orange sellers and locking up shops is his new past time. If this dude is not sactioned by Fashola and his party, he'll be doing ACN a huge disservice.

3 Likes

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by NonFarmPayrol: 9:16am On May 30, 2013
illiteracy at its peak, i wont be surprised if a graduate is among them, posting without reading, soon someone will post an eviction notice on a car, later they will blame JAMB grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Reachyrich(f): 9:17am On May 30, 2013
Oga o......... well sha thanks to d dpo.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by ichommy(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2013
Hmm
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by JAkpayen(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2013
hoochay: 3rd to lol
3rd to What? shocked shocked You wan collect slap from the tyrant men (MOD) here grin grin grin grin
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by dridowu: 9:18am On May 30, 2013
Arrest 4 what ? For not observing in democracy day ? Total abuse of power
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:19am On May 30, 2013
Fresh Air!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:20am On May 30, 2013
Is this a kind of Agberoism attitude from Ayodele Adewale? Instead of him to fix the bad roads and curb the high rate of armed robbery in Festac Town, he is busy chasing after orange and agege bread sellers. Festac Town is now the shadow of itself as Armed robbers who come in large numbers from neighbouring towns like Ajegunle have decided to rob houses especially the block of flats disposing them of their belongings..This is so sad. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by gramci: 9:21am On May 30, 2013
War Against Indiscipline don reach lagos? cheesy
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by biggz82: 9:22am On May 30, 2013
kudos 2 DPO who knws his job, so sad at dis stage d govt is still naive about d right of individual. Dont run d state as if it's ur personal property.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by aadetoyin(f): 9:27am On May 30, 2013
icontact: This dude is very shameless. Chasing shadows is his hobby now. Dont know if he still lives in festac, because if he does, he should cover his face in shame. All the roads in festac are in a very deplorable state. Yet his hobby is to go out and arrest beer parlours that stay beyond 10pm. Now arresting orange sellers and locking up shops is his new past time. If this dude is not sactioned by Fashola and his party, he'll be doing ACN a huge disservice.

I understand Ayodele can be funny sometimes like in this case but am in support of closure of beer parlour afta ten p.m considering the rate at which robberies have increased in Festac Town.
The rate of robbery is alarming. Festac was never like this b4.
And Ayodele should pls repair the roads, there are no good roads in festac anymore and they keep wasting money on petty road repairs every year instead of using standard materials.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Mrprudent(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2013
my boss
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:32am On May 30, 2013
icontact: This dude is very shameless. Chasing shadows is his hobby now. Dont know if he still lives in festac, because if he does, he should cover his face in shame. All the roads in festac are in a very deplorable state. Yet his hobby is to go out and arrest beer parlours that stay beyond 10pm. Now arresting orange sellers and locking up shops is his new past time. If this dude is not sactioned by Fashola and his party, he'll be doing ACN a huge disservice.
I thought he was once removed as the LG chairman for giving out frivolous contracts to his kinsmen? why was he reinstated? He is a disgrace and should be sacked immediately!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by kevoh(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2013
Some(orange and bread sellers) are working hard to make even #100 due to poverty on a public holiday instead of resting at home like other workers while one LGA chairman decides to show how wicked he can be by arresting them and intending to lock them up.
How does that solve the problem?
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by santa101: 9:34am On May 30, 2013
i guess the dude is just power drunk...He should always have at the back of his mind that ,he cant be there for ever..he shld learn from past leaders...i pity the young chap
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Maxymilliano(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2013
Chasing rat when your house is on fire. Amuwo-Odofin housing estate MIle 2 is currently under siege and at the mercy of armed robbers, all this dude could do is chasing hapless orange hawker ?
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:54am On May 30, 2013
Once upon a time, you could walk on the streets of Festac town till midnight without being harassed by bandits. Now, things have changed. Security has now become a big challenge. smfh!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2013
Acidosis: hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Transfer of 'anointing' from his mentor Fashola.. grin

He should have sent them packing to their states cool abi no be wetin oga do im son go do?

angry
Dude, i'll be in lokoja by august to visit ma girl. I will personally meet with u and punch all ur teeth out! I swear!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2013
kevoh: Some(orange and bread sellers) are working hard to make even #100 due to poverty on a public holiday instead of resting at home like other workers while one LGA chairman decides to show how wicked he can be by arresting them and intending to lock them up.
How does that solve the problem?
why do u alwys try to condone a bad act by slapping 'poverty' on d reason for d act? Like, is it an excuse? Must everyone be on d payroll of d govt?

U dnt av a toilet and was caught defecating on d road side and u screamed it's poverty! U had an illegat stand, u said it's poverty! Like we shld av sympathy too? Ok o, we harf hear o!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Ifetex(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2013
Una never here say Orange salers are now Bokoharam treasury or are u pple stil learning? Lol..
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Pray(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2013
When he was the SUG president of Lasu we thought he will do good being an LGA chairman. Now it shows that he is just corrupt like his allies. Serpent he is.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by naijabigfish: 10:31am On May 30, 2013
I know the chairman of Awomu Odofin LGA to be a power-drunk young politician. How could he stoop so low to arrest those poor citizens trying to make a living? He is corrupt and insensitive like all politicians in Nigeria.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Acidosis(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: angry
Dude, i'll be in lokoja by august to visit ma girl. I will personally meet with u and punch all ur teeth out! I swear!

Sorry grin by august, you won't see me in Lokoja
grin
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2013
naijabigfish: I know the chairman of Awomu Odofin LGA to be a power-drunk young politician. How could he stoop so low to arrest those poor citizens trying to make a living?

Lol... transfer of 'anointing'. cheesy
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Acidosis(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2013
What baffles me is the fact that this set of animalistic monsters would still sit with bottles of beer in a round table insulting and criticising Mr President.

To think he was once a SUG gov makes it disheartening... Youths indeed.. F0 olish SUG (I've always dislike that senseless group right from school days.. the way those guys carry themselves like Obama around campus is an evidence of democratic failure in this country. Politics at the grassroot is worse than Illuminati...

F0 olish governments... rubbish SUGs..

WOE unto YOU ALL!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Diezani Allison Madueke Dies In London / Ogun Pdp Elects New State Executives / Al-Jazeera’s Mehdi Hasan Asks The Questions Nigerian Journalists Fail To Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.