Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism (16530 Views)

Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention / SSS Excavate “Boxes” From Amigo Supermarket / SSS And Soldiers Raid Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by sandilo: 10:54pm On May 30, 2013
Nigerian security agencies have linked a co-owner of two major ongoing businesses in the nation’s capital as a ring leader in a major terrorist operation in the country.

In a statement by the spokesman of the Joint Task Force in Kano, Ikedichi Iweha, Fauzi Fawad, the co-owner of Amigo Supermarket and Wonderland Amusement Park, was named as a member of a Lebanese Hezbollah terrorist cell in Nigeria.

Wonderland is Abuja’s biggest and most popular amusement park, while Amigo is one of the largest supermarkets in the Nigerian capital.

The JTF said Mr. Fawad’s name was mentioned by “all those arrested,” for being in possession of heavy weapons, and other terrorism related activities.

Mr. Fawad is now on the run, the JTF said.

The JTF said it arrested three Lebanese suspected of owning the large cache of arms recovered at a bunker in the city.

The Brigade Commander, 3rd Brigade, Nigerian Army, Iliyasu Abba, said one of the suspects was arrested on Tuesday at a house on Gaya Road in Bompai area of Kano.

He said another suspect was arrested in Abuja while the third suspect was apprehended since May 16, at Aminu Kano International Airport, on his way to Beirut, Lebanon.

“The one arrested at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport had a sum of 60,000 US dollars in his possession”.

He said one Abdullahi Hassan Tahir Padalla, who was the owner of the house in which one of the suspect was arrested was still at large.

Mr. Abba said among the weapons discovered during the operation on Tuesday were 17 AK 47 rifles, 44 magazines, four land mines and 12 RPG bombs, 14 RPG charger, 11 66 mm anti-tanks weapons, one SMG magazine, one pistol and magazine.

Also, 11, 433 rounds of 7.26 mm special, 76 hand grenade, rocket propelled guns, 122 calibre artillery and anti mines weapons were recovered.

“What you are seeing here are weapons of mass destruction in terms of our situation here right now in Nigerian.

“If these things have been brought out only God knows the type of destruction they will cause to innocent persons in the state or in the country,’’ he said.

He said the Department of State Security Service (SSS) in Abuja had been investigating the case for long.

In a remark, the state Director of the SSS, Bassey Ettang, said that the three suspects had a link to the Hezbollah group in Lebanon.

He said the suspects have for a long time been using the bunker in the house to stockpile arms and ammunition.

He restated the commitment of the SSS and other security agencies to continue with the ongoing war on criminals nationwide.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137033-owner-of-abujas-wonderland-amusement-park-amigo-supermarket-linked-to-terrorism.html
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by IleIfe2(m): 7:09am On May 31, 2013
Ah Koraa!!!! Aye e ta Pao!. Apayan!

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 8:05am On May 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Lmao! Bawo ni my kinsman?
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by shagaribarau: 8:15am On May 31, 2013
na wao i have been asking my self all dis bombing is it truly nigerians dat are carrying it them out. hmmm just imagine lebanis doing dis in our great country 9ja. God go answer una for all d distruction and d atrocities d killings. GOD will not let u go free
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Okijajuju: 9:20am On May 31, 2013
Gbam!!

If you have ever shopped there, then you have been sponsoring terrorists.. angry

Meanwhile, time to start reviewing the papers of all Lebanese and Arab men in Nigeria has reached. angry
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by DrWhizy(m): 9:23am On May 31, 2013
shagaribarau: na wao i have been asking my self all dis bombing is it truly nigerians dat are carrying it them out. hmmm just imagine lebanis doing dis in our great country 9ja. God go answer una for all d distruction and d atrocities d killings. GOD will not let u go free
Lebanese, u mean ?
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by tunapawizzy: 9:23am On May 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Eleriibu ni awon Kora yen
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:24am On May 31, 2013
If lebanese dnt av a supermarket, they will av a galleria, or a cinema! U knw what i am tryin to say?
Galleria and cinema owners needs to be investigated too!

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by juninho(m): 9:24am On May 31, 2013
These guys could start a small army with this cache of arms and ammunition.
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by israel007: 9:24am On May 31, 2013
You see. All these lebanese wey no get papers
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by tunapawizzy: 9:25am On May 31, 2013
Okija juju: Gbam!!
[size=18pt]If you have ever shopped there, then you have been sponsoring terrorists.. angry[/size]
Meanwhile, time to start reviewing the papers of all Lebanese and Arab men in Nigeria has reached. angry
oga dat one no dey o
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by IfyMeg(m): 9:25am On May 31, 2013
God is really at work in naija cos without prayer, I don't think all dis could be possible

8 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by tellwisdom: 9:26am On May 31, 2013
shagaribarau: na wao i have been asking my self all dis bombing is it truly nigerians dat are carrying it them out. hmmm just imagine lebanis doing dis in our great country 9ja. God go answer una for all d distruction and d atrocities d killings. GOD will not let u go free

aboki, na una dey give us headache undecided

7 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:26am On May 31, 2013
Thank God o,more are still out there with sophiscated weapon,arab
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by tunapawizzy: 9:26am On May 31, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If lebanese dnt av a supermarket, they will av a galleria, or a cinema! U knw what i am tryin to say?
Galleria and cinema owners needs to be investigated too!
Ben Bruce collect ur girlfriend?
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by brownlord: 9:27am On May 31, 2013
Just behead them, no need to investigate biko
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Lilimax(f): 9:27am On May 31, 2013
I think that all the Koras, Arabs and Asians in this country should be investigated undecided
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:29am On May 31, 2013
They want to turn the entire country to wonderland bombing land... As a matter of fact, make we begin deport all of them!
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Icecomrade: 9:29am On May 31, 2013
With the patronage at wonderland,I thank God, they ve not used to ground to carry out a terrorist act. Parents stay away from wonderland

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by ogbeleje: 9:32am On May 31, 2013
Na waooooooo!
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by devour129: 9:33am On May 31, 2013
If it was some countries d youths would have burnt down amigos and d rest.and dey say Nigerians are barbarians
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by bknight: 9:34am On May 31, 2013
They shld oblige us their pictures,,,so that those abt to rain curses (by d powers of d gods of their ancestors) will do so properly & even the curse itself will know d exact head upon which to rest undecided

I'm abt to become a terrorist too cos d next lebanese dat'll come near me to beg for money, I'll lynch him angry

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:34am On May 31, 2013
Imagine! Foreigners coming to nigeria to invest in terrorism and violence.
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:41am On May 31, 2013
Shoprite and Spar should be investigated too,

I don't trust those South Africans they are becoming nice these days especially MTN am sure they are up to something.

MTN becoming niceeeeee?? Abomination!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:41am On May 31, 2013
tunapawizzy:
Ben Bruce collect ur girlfriend?
Is Ben Bruce a lebanese?
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:42am On May 31, 2013
This is getting serious. I need to stop going to Sahad stores oooo, Make dem nor arrest me join..just incase lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by PvtParts1: 9:43am On May 31, 2013
I grew up in Apapa in the 80's. There were a lot of Europeans back then with a handful of Lebanese.
With the First Intifada of '87, a huge migrant population of Palestine and Lebanese refugees hit our shores and found their way on Apapa Streets.

The Europeans packed their bags and all headed to the Island.

Leventis, UTC and KingsWay stores made huge losses. The Lebanese business men then set up shop. The first was Oasis supermarket. One day I went to UTC to pick up some batteries for my walkman and right by the checkout line was this Lebanese woman who bought 4 trolley load of butter, cheese, sausages. She paid cash. It then hit latter on when I happened to go shopping at Oasis which was closer to our house why the lebanese woman will need so much quantity of butter and sausages. She was working there as a manager or something.
They were simply emptying UTC and Leventis so that shoppers will come over to their new branch.

I hate these arabs

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by mu2sa2: 9:44am On May 31, 2013
His motive for keeping the arms was not disclosed. But Lebanese and Indians are known worldwide for their crookedness and underhand deals.Here in Nigeria many Lebanese are well-connected to the powers that be. In fact, one contested PDP primaries for a senate seat in kano but lost. Across the country many lebanese constuction companies are doing deals with politicians helping to launder money. So no one should be surprised if this guy goes scot-free; maybe he is even now a "guest" of a powerful politician. The lebanese of course are Arab but they have christians and muslims among them - this they use to advantage in Nigeria. A poster said he hates Arabs, maybe on grounds of religious bias, but will he hate a fellow christian who's his church member, financially strong, just because he is Arab?
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by notinmege: 9:45am On May 31, 2013
More grease to your elbow JTF. We are solidly behind you

It's remaining Mallam Sanusi and his groups. Don't relent!

No body is above the law so do not fear. Ride on our gallant soldiers.
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by Nobody: 9:50am On May 31, 2013
Foreigners are invading nigeria to carry out their evil act and distabilise the country,the people aiding them are the northerners who are full of illiterate and jobless youth,they have used islam as a contact point to get to the north. The moment the north start fishing them out and exposing them,it will help fastern the fight against terrorism in nigeria.
Re: Abuja’s Amigo Supermarket Owner Linked To Terrorism by dridowu: 9:51am On May 31, 2013
Lebanese ? Time to 4ce dm away frm 9ja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / Rotimi Amaechi Vows To Take Action Over Train Ticket Racketeering / Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.