Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC (8130 Views)

Code Of Conduct: FG May Drop Some Charges Against Saraki / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by hotwax: 10:41am On May 31, 2013
Jonathan, You are looking for Yoruba trouble. Why not clamp wown on MEND? When did OPC attack anybody?

OPC guys are the one giving our streets in Lagos security for the past 2 years. Where are our police?

Biafrans are peaceful. They are not armed, yet you want to go after them.

MEND are armed to the tooth, kidnapping, hijacking and threatening everyday.

Jonathan, you are digging your downfall.

Clueless as usual.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Nobody: 11:07am On May 31, 2013
KANO TA DABO: yes gej you are now recuperating. Terminate the deadly opc and massob they bunch of peace hating adekunles and emekas. It will do a lot of good to the country, i swear it will.
while he spares the ombatse militia group that killed about 90+ security personnels. You see how retarde d you and GEJ are
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Emytexboy(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2013
i've never seen such a useless president in the whole world like this animal called jonathan. why is he speaking gergons about massob? the lesson is there to be learnt by this stupid traitor called uwazurike.

Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by omowolewa: 12:07pm On May 31, 2013
If GEJ can succeed in destabilizing the Southwest, the game will be too hard for him to play. Why calling dog a bad name just because you want to eat 404meat.

People clamoring for GEJ's return in 2015, are doing so because the guy don fail!!! cool cool cool

You know a student who failed a class have to repeat it. shocked shocked
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 31, 2013
aurenflani:

Attack Buhari? Are u insayn? Attacking Buhari means only one thing! No opposition - dictatorship;paving the way for your gej's govt to fall like a pack of cards. Seriously Buhari is more than your insolent, rude potrayal in the eyes of millions.

Buhari has been d worst threat to d nation, what are u saying??
I prefer GEJ's dictatorship(if he exercises such) to a terrorist opposition.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by MistadeRegal(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2013
Ti shigidi ba fe se ere ete a ni ki won gbe oun lo si odo lowe. Forward Push!!!! Appolonians Now!!! Get the men back into lines!!!...... ARCHERS!!!!!! For Troy....................! Watch out for part...ehmm....?
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by kinguwem: 1:52pm On May 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:
He talked about OPC yet he didn't talk about MEND which is the most notorious terrorist group in Nigeria after Boko haram;known for oil theft,sea piracy,kidnapping,bunkering and hijacking simply because they are Ijaws .
Mend are freedom fighters.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by kinguwem: 2:46pm On May 31, 2013
mc~evans:
Jonathan wants to start what he cannot finish and i hope he doesn't regret it afterwards.
Are you afraid of a military coup?
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by kinguwem: 2:50pm On May 31, 2013
kacheezy: And Ombatse? Omg! The FG is afraid of Baba Alakyo!
The fear of the priest is the beginning of self defense. Those that went to arrest him did not live to tell the story.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by mithel(m): 3:05pm On May 31, 2013
lol, the two harmless groups that we have in the country na im dem dey hala for grin .

anyway, lemme spin it around and say, it could be a right call, the two groups could go mend and boko haram anyday , so cutting them down now might prevent that
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:39pm On May 31, 2013
Massob has not killed anybody,take dem out of that equation.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Domaro: 4:42pm On May 31, 2013
you know what i mean. give us our hrt desire or.....!?''

Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by lagcity(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2013
gboss4sure: What has massob done? GEJ better take time ooooooo unless he wants to see more than he can handle.

what can't he handle? you gave him 99% vote already, he don't need ur blacka55ses no more grin
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by maurisoft(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2013
dis will lead 2 division of this country
carry on
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2013
Domaro: you know what i mean. give us our hrt desire or.....!?''

Those pics are beautiful
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by loswhite(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2013
speedyboi: To those shouting MEND. MEND has already been considered a terrorist group before.....so there's no need adding them again. I guess this news is refering 'Supposed Armless groups'. Adding MEND is as Useless as adding BOKO HARAM to the list. We already know those two are being fought against.
dumb
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by MeAboki(m): 9:49pm On May 31, 2013
How do you expect him to include MEND when he was the first to deny their involvement in the October 1st bombing of Abuja and attempted to blame it on northerners, until the group publicly embarrassed him by admitting responsibility for the bombing themselves.

On a serious note: the issue at hand is about how these groups constitute a threat to the unity of the country, which is should be easily discernible from looking at the ultimate ambition of each along with the modus operandi it has chosen to achieve its aim.
For example, a violent group may not necessarily pose a big threat to the unity of Nigeria; while on the other hand the aspiration of lesser violent one may pose an even bigger threat. Based on these considerations, I therefore came up with my own conclusions as follows:

MOST THREATENING:
1. MASSOB - they want independence by breaking the unity of the country
2. MEND - they want resource countrol & lately also independence
3. B H - they want to Islamize the north/whole country by force
4. OPC - they want to promote Yoruba interest & superiority above other groups

MOST VIOLENT
1. BH - they bombed & killed more innocent lives and are the most ruthless
2. MEND - they bombed & killed fewer lives but caused most economic damage
3. OPC - they killed few & nowadays mere hired thugs for local politicians
4. MASSOB - least violent but noisiest& being used to make money for its leader

Just my personal opinion, please feel free to disagree or suggest your own.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by Chukwuekec(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2013
brownlord: Abeg make them add my own militia group join am cos i won start my business very soon, since na crime dey pay for Nigeria, imagine Asari, now speak from the state house and even organise press conference
Think wise before you decide,learn to speak because you have something to say,Putting Asari there is meant to correct some mistakes and not because he is a treat to national security.you are trying to say that GEJ is being partial?alright then.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by sizzlers(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2013
Fantacy1: GEJ is a big joke! MEND is d 1st and most dagerous internationally recognized terror group in Nigeria. Why MASSOB and OPC who ve neva done any damage 2 lives and property in dis country?
watch ur mouth, comedown to the east and see massob in action
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by AbdH: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Me_Aboki: How do you expect him to include MEND when he was the first to deny their involvement in the October 1st bombing of Abuja and attempted to blame it on northerners, until the group publicly embarrassed him by admitting responsibility for the bombing themselves.

On a serious note: the issue at hand is about how these groups constitute a threat to the unity of the country, which is should be easily discernible from looking at the ultimate ambition of each along with the modus operandi it has chosen to achieve its aim.
For example, a violent group may not necessarily pose a big threat to the unity of Nigeria; while on the other hand the aspiration of lesser violent one may pose an even bigger threat. Based on these considerations, I therefore came up with my own conclusions as follows:

MOST THREATENING:
1. MASSOB - they want independence by breaking the unity of the country
2. MEND - they want resource countrol & lately also independence
3. B H - they want to Islamize the north/whole country by force
4. OPC - they want to promote Yoruba interest & superiority above other groups

MOST VIOLENT
1. BH - they bombed & killed more innocent lives and are the most ruthless
2. MEND - they bombed & killed fewer lives but caused most economic damage
3. OPC - they killed few & nowadays mere hired thugs for local politicians
4. MASSOB - least violent but noisiest& being used to make money for its leader

Just my personal opinion, please feel free to disagree or suggest your own.

Bros, I believe you missed Arewa groups.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by ACM10: 11:09am On Jun 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:
He talked about OPC yet he didn't talk about MEND which is the most notorious terrorist group in Nigeria after Boko haram;known for oil theft,sea piracy,kidnapping,bunkering and hijacking simply because they are Ijaws .

For the first time since I started posting here, I agreed with you.

The fact that he mindfully excluded MEND whose violent activity can be compared to BH shows that his agenda is ethnic witch-hunting. If GEJ tries anything stupid in the east, then he will look elsewhere for his support.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by ratty4: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
Jona has been a conduse fellow,the insecurity of the northern part of the country and all those dat has treathen national peace.I belive the president is highly confuse to clampdown on OPC and MASSOB excluding a terrorist group like mend.rite from the induction of jona as president of nigeria,there has been a politics in everytin he does.I can belt u that we from the west will neva give u our vote come 2015 senseless president
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by otipoju(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yes.its the same sly Jonathan getting the expected response from the naive thinkers,-- that he is stupid for wanting to clampdown on non- militant groups,yet those he is really talking to understand his message clearly. ANALYSES .FIRST:current situiation:-He is currently dealing with the Northern Boko Haram, some influential Abokis are accusing him of killing their kinsmen instead of granting them amnesty unlike what Yar adua did to his own kinsmen. SECOND: His response:-he neutralises that by declaring that it will be a nationwide thing by mentioning the ethinc vanguards of the remaining two major ethnic groups and makes sure to have it on pape so that he can be quoted. THIRD: What does this move really say:1) Aboki, I am not witchhunting you- don't take it personal,2) Massob and OPC in case you have other plans,shey you can see what I am really capable of doing, so count the cost well ooo.3) MEND- I no mention your name oo,so I don respect you so respect me too and arrange una sef well and stop to yarn dust- don't force me to use force on you.after all you are my kinsmen and still on amnesty faaaji. EFFECT:-1)Abokis can no longer use the witchhunting propaganda. 2)OPC - still nibbling at the gigantic pipeline security contract they just got from him, and MASSOB- who would really not want a repeat of the agonising Biafran experience quickly declare that they are harmless even if they are not! Case closed.2) MEND-have been called to order and will gaurd their UTTERANCES even if they do their kidnaps and etc underground... I am not a fan of Jonathan because I see him as a money waster, but guys, he his smarter than some of you who do not understand that the job of government is not to ERADICATE crime, but to MAINTAIN law and order and that the game of power is an AMORAL one where the end justifies the means....wake up guys. Besides- MEND is a tricky one for any government because if you go at them directly, they blow up pipelines and it affects the nations income directly- so no need to stir up unnecessary heat.No King goes to war and does not count the cost.As a fisherman Jonathan knows well that there are some fish that you spear,some you hook with a bait, and others that you encircle with a net.
bobthebuilder99: Is this coming from the same man that gave OPC a 22 billion naira oil pipeline contract a few months ago?!

Now they are dangerous?! This man is either daft or evil. I haven't decided.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by hakanai(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
All GEJ is saying is that no more intimidating or holding Nigeria to ransom. Every tom dick and harry should que up behind the rules that say do not arm yourself or carry out another parallel government function as storing arms(used or un-used),do not run things in your domain as if you are the law,do not harass people as if they have no government that you answer too.Last but not the list an ethnic or religious army that acts as soldiers anytime they are called upon based on tribal drum beats.
Na so BH take start and am with him 100%.Just that he missed out a critical component of the militant/ethnic group MEND.I actually feel they pose more danger than any of the OPC or MASSOB mention with all sincerity.
Also they should critically touch light the nation.There are more militias than they know.That are either armed and inactive or armed active and less publicized. So FGN una well done.This also confirms that BH is gradually become extinct,so he wants to move to the next front.
MASSOB you pose a secessionist treat to Nigeria.which is treasonable,if truly the laws of the land are anything to go by.you violate it without doubt.
OPC is armed and without doubt carry weapons about as in displayed or used amongst themselves time and again.Are this guns licensed or did you get government permissions to front stuff like that around.Last i check is illegal.Now add organized and of same ethnic stock. you get an ethnic militia.

Good thing GEJ and FGN is cleaning the house of the mess and weapons.Don't wait until this group rise to become BH. Kudos!!!!! one down more to go.Nigeria will be great and better for it.
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by LocalChamp: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
ping
Re: FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC by optionalY09: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2021
people will still be quiet and praying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malami: I Have Not Made Any Statement On Declaring To Be Kebbi Governor / NBA Hosts Presidential Candidates To Dialogue On Jan 30 / PDP Convention: Southwest Stakeholders Endorse Oyinlola, Ologunagba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.