Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. (11736 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Excellent2: 5:33pm On May 31, 2013
The award recognizes financial institutions that have emerged as industry leaders and continent trend setters, due to good corporate governance practices, exceptional service delivery within the financial services industry of their country and innovative products.

Chief Executive Officer of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Mr Segun Agbaje attributed the recognition to hard work, discipline and a well-defined operating strategy.

Last year, the bank was named the best bank in Nigeria by the Euro Money magazine for the fourth consecutive year while it earned the 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria award from EMEA finance.

Guaranty Trust Bank also emerged as the first Nigerian financial institution to cross the N100 billion profit before tax milestone from operations at both bank and group levels.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/30/gt-bank-named-2013-african-bank-of-the-year/
http://www.nigeriancabal..com/

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 31, 2013
Well if it's true, they deserved It..... But this your source name.....Na wao.....

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by pimplucious: 5:52pm On May 31, 2013
Nice fea. Keep it up.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Amoshie(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2013
Yeah they r kinda better than that Useless Bank of Africa UBA.

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Graphene(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2013
The ORANGE bank. Keep it up GT
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Kockane(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2013
Yeah right.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by mcevans1(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2013
Kockane: With demoralized staff and disgruntled customers? I'nt fink so. angry

That a lie tongue.. Thumbs up to Guguru Bank grin grin

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by adoniza(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2013
Good for them
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by WizPrince1(m): 7:11pm On May 31, 2013
How did they normaly give this award even? We're in May approximatly June 2013 and they have started giving awards. Why not wait till November or December?

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2013
Good for GTB.
But they should v more branches in Abk.

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by HARDEYLEKE(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2013
they truely deserve it.....GTbank.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Welder(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2013
I would have given the award to FirstBank considering the way they have managed to innovate and remain very relevant in the industry. FirstBank has equally moved outside the shores of Naija to other african countries, but hey am no Euromoney or EMEA or whatever body that constitutes this stuff.

Congrats to GTBank though

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Policewoman(f): 7:17pm On May 31, 2013
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by parki: 7:19pm On May 31, 2013
How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day. Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is political.. Nonsense bank.

6 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by kpozite(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2013
[size=14pt]A well deserved award [/size]
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 31, 2013
Policewoman: Dats my bank. Congrats.
na u b d major shareholder abi na dem dey send u salary alert?
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by creativemusic: 7:26pm On May 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Opey4luv(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2013
Well deserved.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Dee60: 7:30pm On May 31, 2013
Fa fa fa fa fooooouuuul!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by frankobaba(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2013
Thats my Bank. Haters can go to Eleme

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by adconline(m): 7:33pm On May 31, 2013
Same award Intercontinental Bank won some years ago?
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by ichommy(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2013
Am not surprise

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by oche419: 7:36pm On May 31, 2013
U made over 100billion and u sacked over 150 employees few weeks after while a very humble but giant in the same industry is recruiting both fresh graduates and experience hires. No be 4 mouth o... Time shall tell.

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Samcathe: 7:36pm On May 31, 2013
They deserve it..
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by ebamma3: 7:39pm On May 31, 2013
Policewoman: Dats my bank. Congrats.
because of 1k were u save for dia abi?
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Ola2njee: 7:42pm On May 31, 2013
parki: How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day. Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is political.. Nonsense bank.
well, u can't satisfy everyone..thumbs up,GTB
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by scholes23(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2013
They really deserve it.
Guaranty Trust Bank
"Wouldn't You Rather Bank With Us"

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by DoubleDee2: 7:46pm On May 31, 2013
Well deserved...
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 31, 2013
Who dash them that kind of award? I can't even go into details of how angry I am with this GT Bank right now...they should just release my money that they've been holding for like 2 months now...2013 bank my foot! angry angry angry
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by chymystique(f): 7:49pm On May 31, 2013
parki: How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

Lies!ets nt d worst in Africa.. I dnt evn fink u r thr customer sef

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by SenatorTobijah(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2013
They open more branches

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Naira And Its Misfortune / 100 Hot Businesses You Can Start With Less Than N50, 000 And Above / Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.