Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (6170 Views)

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 31, 2013
After some problems with mods this past week, I am left in a state of confusion.

I learnt that sarcasm is now a crime and against the law in Niaraland. One can open an innocent thread and the thread can still be banned for "sarcastic" comments left by others on the thread.

The particular thread that I opened was titled "Bible quiz for atheists"

here it is;
https://www.nairaland.com/1289435/bible-quiz-atheists

Please, I want christians to help me post a comment...any comment from that thread that is so offensive that warrants the thread to be closed. Feel free.

I want to know why the thread should be banned (note that the quiz is for atheists)
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2013
That's why we a need an anti-christian section on this forum.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by tpia5: 5:58pm On May 31, 2013
This is the anti-christian section already, unless you need an extra one.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 31, 2013
Abeg, Tpia,

Since you are a christian help me answer the op....do you think that thread should have been banned?

As for Alfa Selzter, I didnt open an anti-christian thread wink
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Creatrixity(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
Lol.
Saw that thread when it started.
Apparently,the only crime there was posting that thread on a day which Jesoul obviously had a rough patch.
Oh,yes,that and asking sarcastic questions which highlighted the worst sides of every bible character which got equally sarcastic replies.
Although the thread was fun anyways..
cheesy
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 31, 2013
Logicboy03: Here are some riddles to see how well we know atrocities/hypocrisy/contradictions/wisdom in the bible

The above from the OP can be interpreted as an invite to other Atheists to mock and ridicule Sacred scriptures...not many Christians would accept that...

Barrack:
I impregnated a virgin without sleeping with her. Who am I?

I went into the clouds to collect rules and regulations. Who am I?

Area B:
1) that would be daddy big boss Yahweh. Aka Holy spirit, aka the baby that was eventually born, aka 'I'm jealous'

2) Moses?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity: Lol.
Apparently,the only crime there was posting that thread on a day which Jesoul obviously had a rough patch.
Oh,yes,that and asking sarcastic questions which highlighted the worst sides of every bible character which got equally sarcastic replies.
cheesy

Guy, thank you for your honesty.

Nice one
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 31, 2013
striktlymi:

The above from the OP can be interpreted as an invite to other Atheists to mock and ridicule Sacred scriptures...not many Christians would accept that...

Interpretation! Context! grin grin grin grin

I asked for your opinion not some "other christians".....do you honestly think that the thread should be closed?

Evidently, you dont
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

Interpretation! Context! grin grin grin grin

I asked for your opinion not some "other christians".....do you honestly think that the thread should be closed?

Evidently, you dont

I believe I am an exception to the rule...my threshold for offensive posts might not be the acceptable limit for the majority of nairaland Christians...the reason I stuck to showing what they might find offensive.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 31, 2013
striktlymi:

I believe I am an exception to the rule...my threshold for offensive posts might not be the acceptable limit for the majority of nairaland Christians...the reason I stuck to showing what they might find offensive.

You are no exception.....Creatrixity even didnt find the thread offensive as such....
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2013
tpia@:

You can say that again.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity: Lol.
cheesy

Are you a Christian, sir?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 31, 2013
tpia@:
Lol.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 31, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ah... spiritual mopol things..

1 Like

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Creatrixity(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2013
Ihedinobi:

deist,sir!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2013
After going to the Youtube video of 'Akintoba - An Atheist In Nigeria' I entered a discussion with an atheist. She was insinuating that Muslims should condone criticisms from the atheists.

Okay. I wanted to see if she had this same tolerance.

I asked her how she would react if I said atheists are bigoted, purposeless, fools who don't have lives outside condemning religion. She said it's okay but she doesn't see why someone would say that. I surmise she said this because she did not like the insult. I gave more insults buthe I got the same replies. Along the line it veered of into evolution and I told her if she would listen to my crititque. She sternly said she wouldn't like to discuss it as it'll be upsetting.

The moral is that people of various belief will invariably have what they find offensive. Heck, I even had a harsh exchange with an annoying agnostic who was clearly annoyed with my posit that implied that agnosticism is fraudulent and was better called atheism.

Wasn't it logicboy here who called me a psycopath for saying atheists go to hell. I should say atheists should be grateful. The level of tolerance for in Nairaland for censure of Christianity is much. Some atheist sites don't even have that kind of tolerance for opposing views. I should know since I was banned from RD.net 2ce without breaking rules. In the second case, it was because the moderator disagreed with my views. Let me fish it out.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2013
striktlymi:

Just say you disbelieve evolution. It works wonders.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity:
deist,sir!

How then were you able to decide whether or not that thread was offensive to Christians?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Just say you disbelieve evolution. It works wonders.

Lol!!!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Creatrixity(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2013
Ihedinobi:

How then were you able to decide whether or not that thread was offensive to Christians?
Sir,I never said the thread was or was not offensive to christians,remember i pointed out the rather onesidedness of the questions in the thread.
I merely opined my point of view.
However,as a Christian,I would have said,God would punish the unbelievers and skeptics but we know how that plays out.
But if you want my opinion ;yes,the thread was offensive to christians.But ask yourself.In my shoes 'What would Jesus do'?
The beauty of Christianity is not censorship,but freedom and a heart of forgiveness!!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia: After going to the Youtube video of 'Akintoba - An Atheist In Nigeria' I entered a discussion with an atheist. She was insinuating that Muslims should condone criticisms from the atheists.

Okay. I wanted to see if she had this same tolerance.

I asked her how she would react if I said atheists are bigoted, purposeless, fools who don't have lives outside condemning religion. She said it's okay but she doesn't see why someone would say that. I surmise she said this because she did not like the insult. I gave more insults buthe I got the same replies. Along the line it veered of into evolution and I told her if she would listen to my crititque. She sternly said she wouldn't like to discuss it as it'll be upsetting.

The moral is that people of various belief will invariably have what they find offensive. Heck, I even had a harsh exchange with an annoying agnostic who was clearly annoyed with my posit that implied that agnosticism is fraudulent and was better called atheism.

Wasn't it logicboy here who called me a psycopath for saying atheists go to hell. I should say atheists should be grateful. The level of tolerance for in Nairaland for censure of Christianity is much. Some atheist sites don't even have that kind of tolerance for opposing views. I should know since I was banned from RD.net 2ce without breaking rules. In the second case, it was because the moderator disagreed with my views. Let me fish it out.

I didnt know that you were a liar

1) From your story, how can you ask someone to be tolerant of lies and abuse? You said that atheists are bigoted purposeless fools and you expect an atheist to take that lightly? That is not criticism sir!

2) Evolution? Who told you that all atheists accept evolution or evoluton is an atheistic belief? You do realise that even christians support evolution sometimes. Your point about evolution failed

3) Typical of the theist foolishness that you carry to use one female atheist to label all atheists. Nice case study there

4) Anyone can get offended. That is the point. What should be banned is abuse, slander or lies. Unless you want to delve into the islamic section style moderating where anything Maclatunji and deols claim to be offensive to islam.

No one has a right not to be offended. You must and will be offended. You are only protected from lies and abuse.

"Infact, your theism offends me. It is offensive to me as an atheist that someone can lose his brain to a God delusion- NOW DOES THAT MEAN THAT I SHOULD BAN ALL THEISTIC COMMENTS THAT FIND TO BE SLIGHTLY ANTI-ATHEIST? COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON"

5) ATHIESTS ARE THE MOST TOLERANT GROUP OF PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER SEE WHEN IT COMES TO BELIEF OR RELIGION. WHEN LAST DID YOU HEAR ABOUT AN ATHEIST TERRORIST BOMBING CHURCHES OR MOSQUES? BUT IT COMES EASILY TO THE MIND WHEN WE LOOK FOR EXAMPLES OF CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM TERRORISTS.

DESPITE TELLING US THAT WE GO TO HELL, DO WE ATHEISTS RETALIATE AND TELL YOU AND YOUR SADIST PALS TO GO AND DIE? NO, WE STILL TRY AND CONVINCE YOU WITH LOGIC.

WE ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE FOOLS (FOR NO JUST REASON); WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE IMMORAL HEATHENS; WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT WE WILL BURN IN HELL; WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT ATHEISM IS THE GAY RELIGION; WE ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE SPAWNS AND MINIONS OF SATAN........BUT DO WE SLICE HEADS OFF IN THE NAME OF DARWIN? DO WE CALL FOR BANISHMENT OF RELIGIOUS BIGOTS THAT SAY THESE THINGS? NO- WE ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE, EXPLAINING OUR SITUATION WITH LOGIC. CAN WE SAY THE SAME FOR OUR MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN BROTHERS WHO CALL ON FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, BANISHMENT, JIHAD, EXECUTION, EXILE TO A SEPARATE SECTION ETC WHENEVER WE TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR FOREIGN RELIGIONS?

ANY THEIST THAT POINTS TO ATHEISTS AS INTOLERANT IS A BRAIN DAMAGED PSYCHOPATH AND A HYPOCRITE. LOOK AROUND YOU; WHO ARE THE PEOPLE KICKING OUT THEIR CHILDREN FROM HOMES FOR NOT BELIEVING IN GOD? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE TRYING TO BAN NON-BELIEVERS FROM OFFICE? WHO ARE THE MODERATORS BENDING RULES TO BAN ANY COMMENT DEEMED "ANTI-RELIGIOUS"? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE THAT KILL FOR BLASPHEMY?

UYI, YES, YOU ARE A PSYCH........COMPLETE IT angry
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity:
Sir,I never said the thread was or was not offensive to christians,remember i pointed out the rather onesidedness of the questions in the thread.
However,as a Christian,I would have said,God would punish the unbelievers and skeptics but we know how that plays out.
But if you want my opinion ;yes,the thread was offensive to christians.But ask yourself.In my shoes 'What would Jesus do'?
The beauty of Christianity is not censorship,but freedom and a heart of forgiveness!!

offensive to christians? You joking bro?

First, the thread said "atheists"
second, there was no direct abuse on that thread
third, there are worse threads on atheism by christians than that thread

Even striklymi and ihedinobi cant give straight answers on whether it was offensive to christians.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Creatrixity(m): 10:01pm On May 31, 2013
Bro,you gotta acknowledge that you used their bible anyways.
So they are bound to dub it as 'offensive'.
But i do believe that thread was closed to prevent a backlash and innundation with complaint reports to the mods though..
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity: Bro,you gotta acknowledge that you used their bible anyways.
So they are bound to dub it as 'offensive'.

But i do believe that thread was closed to prevent a backlash and innundation with complaint reports to the mods though..

You see the slippery slope?

So an atheist is disallowed from using the bible?

I wouldnt mind if I was told that they (the mods) were hit with numerous complaints but that was not the reason given..... a practical reason but still an illogical one

should we close a thread just because some atheists are complaining about it? Ruling by numbers?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 31, 2013
Creatrixity:

How would you know the beauty of Christianity without being a Christian yourself? Let me assure you that Christianity is very censorial, if it were not, people like you would be Christians, not so? Freedom is possible only where rights are kept sacred and responsibility is not excused. Forgiveness implies mutual acceptance that one has been wronged and the wrong has been atoned for.

As for what you said, how do you suppose your comment about JeSoul may be perceived?

Now, sir, unless you are a Christian, it is presumptuous of you to attempt to speak for Christians. We Christians were the ones that the thread addressed, it is our question.to answer, not yours.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

offensive to christians? You joking bro?

First, the thread said "atheists"
second, there was no direct abuse on that thread
third, there are worse threads on atheism by christians than that thread

Even striklymi and ihedinobi cant give straight answers on whether it was offensive to christians.

For some reason that I am now starting to wonder about, I never perceived you as dishonest. Stuppid maybe, but not dishonest. Now I seriously wonder why I thought so.

Have I really failed to give you a straight answer about how that thread offends Christians? Has Stricktlymi failed to point to.specific.points of offence in that thread?

I am quite disappointed that you are now becoming a willful liar about issues. But it comes eadily to you to accuse me of dishonesty when I have not been so.

That thread was offensive because the intent of the op accommodated mockery of a Faith. At the least, it broke Nairaland Rule #2 as I have already told you earlier. If we examine it critically and under a microscope, it is not beyond imagination that you deserved far worse punishment than you got.

Why is it that you atheists cannot leave off deriding believers to develop better solutions than their Faith? You have no legs of your own to stand on, but you mock people who are healthy enough in their legs to ride bicycles. Is this just jealousy? What does atheism offer that you are convinced is much better than.Christ? Have you ever on this forum given a coherent answer to that question? Does the "strength" of atheism not lie in your refusal to offer any solution to the very questions you attack Christ with beyond a wishing them away?

If you want to do something of worth with your time, create games that will actually cause you and your fellow.atheists to really think and come up with concrete answers based on your atheism to the problems you insist that Christianity both fails to solve and has created itself.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 2:49am On Jun 01, 2013
This is pathetic, just pathetic. You are clearly offended despite the fact that I didn't insult you.

Logicboy03:
I didnt know that you were a liar

You have memory problems. You've called me a liar before. You couldn't have done that and not know it now - without forgetting it.

Logicboy03:
1) From your story, how can you ask someone to be tolerant of lies and abuse? You said that atheists are bigoted purposeless fools and you expect an atheist to take that lightly? That is not criticism sir!

And yet Christians should tolerate your abuse. You've abused Christians on this forum, especially Mr Anony. I said it was a test. It wasn't an outright insult. I asked her how she would respond if I called atheists that.

Logicboy03: 2) Evolution? Who told you that all atheists accept evolution or evoluton is an atheistic belief? You do realise that even christians support evolution sometimes. Your point about evolution failed

It is because it purports to show how life arose and diversified without the need for a Creator. I know that a few atheists don't believe in evolution and that some Christians believe it. I did not make a claim to the contrary. My point on evolution was to show how touchy a person can be on the subject, hence it didn't fail. You are a good example of people easily offended by evolution denial. You called me a creatard, didn't you ?

Logicboy03: 3) Typical of the theist foolishness that you carry to use one female atheist to label all atheists. Nice case study there

You are foolish you know. I wrote the point of the story. Here it is to refresh your dull memory.

"The moral is that people of various belief will invariably have what they find offensive."

Logicboy03: 4) Anyone can get offended. That is the point. What should be banned is abuse, slander or lies. Unless you want to delve into the islamic section style moderating where anything Maclatunji and deols claim to be offensive to islam.

I certainly hope you ban your sorry a$$ for calling me a f**ktard. I'd say your thread bordered on abuse. JeSoul noted the path is was going down and rightly banned it. That said, some history is in order, Mudley313 made threads like yours which where tolerated but it got so bad that when he was banned he resulted to personal insults of the mods. manmustwac can testify to this. Find other ways of criticising Christianity.

Logicboy03: No one has a right not to be offended. You must and will be offended. You are only protected from lies and abuse.

Okay.

Logicboy03: Infact, your theism offends me. It is offensive to me as an atheist that someone can lose his brain to a God delusion- NOW DOES THAT MEAN THAT I SHOULD BAN ALL THEISTIC COMMENTS THAT FIND TO BE SLIGHTLY ANTI-ATHEIST? COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON"

This dolt still thinks I'm a theist. Someone who created a thread and danced azonto over a statement. Did JeSoul ban all your atheistic comments ? No. Your head no dey for there.

Logicboy03: 5) ATHIESTS ARE THE MOST TOLERANT GROUP OF PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER SEE WHEN IT COMES TO BELIEF OR RELIGION. WHEN LAST DID YOU HEAR ABOUT AN ATHEIST TERRORIST BOMBING CHURCHES OR MOSQUES? BUT IT COMES EASILY TO THE MIND WHEN WE LOOK FOR EXAMPLES OF CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM TERRORISTS.

We've had atheist dictators and atheists such as Enver Hoxha who terribly persecuted religionists. Atheism intolerance comes in the form of outright despise for religion and their practitioners. You don't have to bomb or kill to be intolerant. In fact, you can hide your intolerance.

Logicboy03: DESPITE TELLING US THAT WE GO TO HELL, DO WE ATHEISTS RETALIATE AND TELL YOU AND YOUR SADIST PALS TO GO AND DIE? NO, WE STILL TRY AND CONVINCE YOU WITH LOGIC.

Ara Oko ! Calling me a psychopath is convincing with logic huh ?

Logicboy03: WE ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE FOOLS (FOR NO JUST REASON); WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE IMMORAL HEATHENS; WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT WE WILL BURN IN HELL; WE ATHEISTS ARE TOLD THAT ATHEISM IS THE GAY RELIGION; WE ARE TOLD THAT WE ARE SPAWNS AND MINIONS OF SATAN........BUT DO WE SLICE HEADS OFF IN THE NAME OF DARWIN? DO WE CALL FOR BANISHMENT OF RELIGIOUS BIGOTS THAT SAY THESE THINGS? NO- WE ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE, EXPLAINING OUR SITUATION WITH LOGIC. CAN WE SAY THE SAME FOR OUR MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN BROTHERS WHO CALL ON FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, BANISHMENT, JIHAD, EXECUTION, EXILE TO A SEPARATE SECTION ETC WHENEVER WE TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR FOREIGN RELIGIONS?

Okay. I think you are exaggerating the response of the Christians, and less so for the Muslims.

Logicboy03: ANY THEIST THAT POINTS TO ATHEISTS AS INTOLERANT IS A BRAIN DAMAGED PSYCHOPATH AND A HYPOCRITE. LOOK AROUND YOU; WHO ARE THE PEOPLE KICKING OUT THEIR CHILDREN FROM HOMES FOR NOT BELIEVING IN GOD? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE TRYING TO BAN NON-BELIEVERS FROM OFFICE? WHO ARE THE MODERATORS BENDING RULES TO BAN ANY COMMENT DEEMED "ANTI-RELIGIOUS"? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE THAT KILL FOR BLASPHEMY?

Quite correct but . . . I have pointed out forms of atheism intolerance. You are clearly not tolerant with religions. BTW I've seen an atheist say he could kick out the child for becoming a religionist. Your family didn't kick you out for coming out as an atheist, did they ? Your opening sentence is offensive. Keep being blind to your faults.

Logicboy03:
UYI, YES, YOU ARE A PSYCH........COMPLETE IT angry

Psychologist cheesy
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I rightly called you a psychopath because you believe that genocide in the bible was moral and you also believed that atheists are immoral and other things along that line.....

Reddit atheists are very tolerant from what I have seen. When a christian comes with criticism to reddit/atheism he is met with answers. Some answers will come with buthhurt though

However, reddit atheists will rain all manner of fire and brimstone of buttthurt when a christian (ex) like yourself goes there to say things like

-atheists are silly for believing a myth of evolution
-atheism naturally leads to evil
-genocide in the bible is not wrong or immoral.

The above statements are not criticism
The above things are not only fallacies but false, annoying and can only come out of the mind of a delusional religious troll.

You can not ask for tolerance for such foolishness
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

For some reason that I am now starting to wonder about, I never perceived you as dishonest. Stuppid maybe, but not dishonest. Now I seriously wonder why I thought so.

Have I really failed to give you a straight answer about how that thread offends Christians? Has Stricktlymi failed to point to.specific.points of offence in that thread?

I am quite disappointed that you are now becoming a willful liar about issues. But it comes eadily to you to accuse me of dishonesty when I have not been so.

That thread was offensive because the intent of the op accommodated mockery of a Faith. At the least, it broke Nairaland Rule #2 as I have already told you earlier. If we examine it critically and under a microscope, it is not beyond imagination that you deserved far worse punishment than you got.

Why is it that you atheists cannot leave off deriding believers to develop better solutions than their Faith? You have no legs of your own to stand on, but you mock people who are healthy enough in their legs to ride bicycles. Is this just jealousy? What does atheism offer that you are convinced is much better than.Christ? Have you ever on this forum given a coherent answer to that question? Does the "strength" of atheism not lie in your refusal to offer any solution to the very questions you attack Christ with beyond a wishing them away?

If you want to do something of worth with your time, create games that will actually cause you and your fellow.atheists to really think and come up with concrete answers based on your atheism to the problems you insist that Christianity both fails to solve and has created itself.

[size=14pt]
1) @ bold. You are such a liar

rule 2; Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

Who did I or anyone abuse on that thread? Post a omment as proof, gaddem liar[/size]

2) It was not a mockery of faith. I started a bible quiz for atheists to highlight atrocities/wisdom that we find in the bible. Stated clearly in the op. You people know how to bend the truth

3) For the rest of your post that screams persecution complex, we atheists do not spend all our time on talking about christianity. Mind you, there is islam, there is humanism, there is paganism, evolution and the advancement of the Nigerian society that we also talk about here.

But no, as a christian with persecution complex and victim mentality, you believe that you are the victim here! lol...you should really adhere to you bible;

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." - Matthew 7:5

You and your christian bros have the least tolerance for atheists. When you have agreed to atheism being the corollary of evil or all atheists being fools/evil....what do you truly have to say on tolerance or persecution?

By the way, I am better than your Christ;
- I am not a racist and I wont treat someone differently just because she is a Canaanite
- I wont keep silent on slavery
- I didnt pervert one religion (judaism) and start another (christianity) which resulted in the persecution and murder of millions of people.

Chew on that
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

And yet Christians should tolerate your abuse. You've abused Christians on this forum, especially Mr Anony. I said it was a test. It wasn't an outright insult. I asked her how she would respond if I called atheists that.

Like Anony and other christians dont abuse first. Keep forgetting to remove the log of wood in your eye......

The female atheist gave you a sensible reply. Gbam

Uyi Iredia:
It is because it purports to show how life arose and diversified without the need for a Creator. I know that a few atheists don't believe in evolution and that some Christians believe it. I did not make a claim to the contrary. My point on evolution was to show how touchy a person can be on the subject, hence it didn't fail. You are a good example of people easily offended by evolution denial. You called me a creatard, didn't you ?

You think your ignorance on evolution offends me? No, it is the fact that you actually use it to attack atheists or when you lie about it. It is one thing to deny evolution but another to claim false things about it

-the purpose of evolution is to show how life arose without a creator (theist falsehood)
(really? Darwin and other scientists were thinking about nullifying god when studyung species?)

A creatard is a specific term for a creationist who makes "f4cktarded" comments about evolution. If it smells lie a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck wink

Uyi Iredia:
You are foolish you know. I wrote the point of the story. Here it is to refresh your dull memory.

"The moral is that people of various belief will invariably have what they find offensive."

Yawn....a true but irrelevant point.

Infact, I find your irrelevant point offensive. Personal take of offense can not be used as a moderating standard....but that is what Jesoul did

Uyi Iredia:
I certainly hope you ban your sorry a$$ for calling me a f**ktard. I'd say your thread bordered on abuse. JeSoul noted the path is was going down and rightly banned it. That said, some history is in order, Mudley313 made threads like yours which where tolerated but it got so bad that when he was banned he resulted to personal insults of the mods. manmustwac can testify to this. Find other ways of criticising Christianity.

1) I am not Mudley. And Manmustwacc testified that Jesoul acted wrongly too on the part of Mudley. Manmustwacc said it indirectly some time ago during the episode with my fight with her on my sticky thread. Manmustwacc had given conditions for my threaad to be stickied but then Jesoul came out of the blues just to tell me not to ask for my thread to be stickied (note that I never asked Jesoul as I didnt like her moderation at the time and was conversing with MMC only). Manmustwacc corrected Jesoul that she should have gone to the ~Moderators' lounge to discuss things in private if she disagreed with his handling of things and that this was part of the problems they had with Mudley.

2) You said that my thread bordered on abuse. That is a lie. Please point out any abuse from any comment on that thread. Why are you people liars?

3) My thread, especially the op was not intended to mock or be sarcastic. I'm quite sure you didnt read the op before spouting the lies. READ THE DAMN OP.

4) Jesoul noted with path? Sarcasm is not against the laws of Niaraland. 21 laws there and not one broken. Is Jesoul now a future reader? There was no abuse on that thread.

5) I called you a "person" because you did fucktarded things. cool You know it yourself

Uyi Iredia:
This dolt still thinks I'm a theist. Someone who created a thread and danced azonto over a statement. Did JeSoul ban all your atheistic comments ? No. Your head no dey for there.

A deist is still a theist. You still carry your silly christian logic at times. You havent been fully cleansed. Come to the church of logicboyism for a full baptism by fire cool

Why should Jesoul ban atheistic comments? Do you read what you write at times?

Uyi Iredia:
We've had atheist dictators and atheists such as Enver Hoxha who terribly persecuted religionists. Atheism intolerance comes in the form of outright despise for religion and their practitioners. You don't have to bomb or kill to be intolerant. In fact, you can hide your intolerance.

What? And you are admitting that your christian brethren are too foolish to hide their intolerance? lol

The point is simple, atheists are far more tolerant that christians in general. So your point is moot. Do atheists go to the government to make laws that force beliefs on others? No. Christians and muslims do.

Imagine trying to pass a bill that makes belief in God mandatory for office! Imagine passing a bill to require creationsim taught alongside evoliution in science class

By the way, Enver Hoxha was intolerant but why do you have to go to times before you and I were born? Why not find recent cases of atheist intolerance? Why? Is it hard? Are atheists just more tolerant?

Atheist intolerance is even meaningless. What you mean to say is "anti-religion"

Uyi Iredia:
Ara Oko ! Calling me a psychopath is convincing with logic huh ?

But you behaved like a psychopath.....that is a logical conclusion....remeber when you were supporting biblical genocide and immorality? Or do you still support it?

Uyi Iredia:
Okay. I think you are exaggerating the response of the Christians, and less so for the Muslims.

lol...you must be silly or surprised at the wickedness of the theists....

Uyi Iredia:
Quite correct but . . . I have pointed out forms of atheism intolerance. You are clearly not tolerant with religions. BTW I've seen an atheist say he could kick out the child for becoming a religionist. Your family didn't kick you out for coming out as an atheist, did they ? Your opening sentence is offensive. Keep being blind to your faults.

1) I am very tolerant of religion. I have never said that christians or muslims shouldnt practice their religion. No atheists here has said that we should break down all mosques and churches. But can we say the same for your christian brothers? We know one who has already said that all atheists are evil. We already know people thasay that atheists should leave the country

I am for secularism. Everyone can practice their religion in their churches, in their houses, in the open but not in the government or in making laws. Can you say the same for many of your christian brothers who want a near theocracy? A country ruled by god or at leas by biblical principles? You must be a real psychopath to call me intolerant of religion. I am only intolerant of religious bigotry and that is a good thing.

2) You claim to have heard an atheist say he will kick out his children if the become religious o theists. I believe that is a lie (Prove it). Anyway, there are solid cases of christian parents throwing out their teenage children who become atheists. While I have solid proof of the kicking our actions, you only have hearsay talk of one atheist saying that he will kick out (meaning that he has not done the deed of kicking out) his religious children.

There is a difference between the action and saying you will do the action.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=14pt]
1) @ bold. You are such a liar

rule 2; Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

Who did I or anyone abuse on that thread? Post a omment as proof, gaddem liar[/size]

2) It was not a mockery of faith. I started a bible quiz for atheists to highlight atrocities/wisdom that we find in the bible. Stated clearly in the op. You people know how to bend the truth

3) For the rest of your post that screams persecution complex, we atheists do not spend all our time on talking about christianity. Mind you, there is islam, there is humanism, there is paganism, evolution and the advancement of the Nigerian society that we also talk about here.

But no, as a christian with persecution complex and victim mentality, you believe that you are the victim here! lol...you should really adhere to you bible;

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." - Matthew 7:5

You and your christian bros have the least tolerance for atheists. When you have agreed to atheism being the corollary of evil or all atheists being fools/evil....what do you truly have to say on tolerance or persecution?

By the way, I am better than your Christ;
- I am not a racist and I wont treat someone differently just because she is a Canaanite
- I wont keep silent on slavery
- I didnt pervert one religion (judaism) and start another (christianity) which resulted in the persecution and murder of millions of people.

Chew on that

And you took offence that I mentioned "amoral fools" in a post to you even when I did not call you one. Imagine that. Now compare that post and the way I phrased what I said to your thread and tell me who more certainly insulted the other.

Look, my friend, I am not at all the type to play the persecution card. Rather than that, I'd happily beat you up again in an argument. Isn't that how I've always dealt with you? I said everything I said for your benefit. An honest human being would be developing his own "thing" not demeaning his opponent's in order to prove that he is the better. And you claim to be honest, don't you?

You're better than Jesus because He's worse than you? Lol. You're not racist, are you? What are you? You are not silent about slavery, are you? What then are you saying about it? You didn't pervert another religion and create your own which persecuted millions of people, did you? What then did you do? How are you better? Bring your actual works rather than your abstinences and let us compare them to Christ and prove indeed that you'ret the better of the two.

Believe me, I am not at all that interested in this issue of how your thread offends. If I was, I would have x-rayed it to show you how many rules it did break and how. I simply gave you the most obvious point of offence and explained how it applied, that is, Rule #2. That you fail to appreciate it means that it would be a waste of energy going any further.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And you took offence that I mentioned "amoral fools" in a post to you even when I did not call you one. Imagine that. Now compare that post and the way I phrased what I said to your thread and tell me who more certainly insulted the other.

Look, my friend, I am not at all the type to play the persecution card. Rather than that, I'd happily beat you up again in an argument. Isn't that how I've always dealt with you? I said everything I said for your benefit. An honest human being would be developing his own "thing" not demeaning his opponent's in order to prove that he is the better. And you claim to be honest, don't you?

You're better than Jesus because He's worse than you? Lol. You're not racist, are you? What are you? You are not silent about slavery, are you? What then are you saying about it? You didn't pervert another religion and create your own which persecuted millions of people, did you? What then did you do? How are you better? Bring your actual works rather than your abstinences and let us compare them to Christ and prove indeed that you'ret the better of the two.

Believe me, I am not at all that interested in this issue of how your thread offends. If I was, I would have x-rayed it to show you how many rules it did break and how. I simply gave you the most obvious point of offence and explained how it applied, that is, Rule #2. That you fail to appreciate it means that it would be a waste of energy going any further.

YAWN....this is not the bible; yo do not have any privilege as a christian to hold any special interpretation of the rules.

Rule 2 is written in plain English and it is very literal

- Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

I and everyone on that thread did not break rule 2.

Goodbye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former CAN President Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Divorces Wife After 25 Years / Must He Marry The Girl He Impregnated? / Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.