Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? (6949 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by ezme(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
lol, then please point me right: Would you like to live in a world like heaven where there is no sickness? yes or no?

I recognize that this is a ploy to get me to meander.... #Say no to anonyism
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
ezme:

lmao! hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
ezme:

The Great Cassava stick shine his tubers upon you.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
mazaje: Sure, i will want a world without sickness.
Good me too. would you like us to explore what a world without sickness will actually look like?

His hard work and the people around him helped him to attain what ever position he has attained in life. . .Your god has nothing to do with that. . .If you disagree then you should tell me exactly how your god has helped him attain anything in his life. . .
in bold: He'll have to actually tell his life story for me to meet that demand. But let me ask, how do you know it is his hard-work and not his cheating that helped him up?

Let us leave things we don't know, let us assume it is as you say that his hard work and people around him helped him up. Yet neither he nor the people that "helped" him had any control over his life. None of them kept him alive, none of them kept his heart beating, none of them kept his brain working, none of them kept his lungs working or helped him breathe or helped his cells function. Let us even come to how he met these helpers of his; what is the guarantee they would like him and what t help him? what about all the multiple possibilities that could have happened such that he didn't even meet them not to talk of them helping him? There are so many factors affecting where he found himself. To claim that it was his own doing is just ignorant.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
ezme:

Lol, interesting. Especially since you were the one that meandered into a question I didn't ask you. Then when I ask you the same question you claim it is a ploy to get you to meander. You are an amazing character
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
lol, then please point me right: Would you like to live in a world like heaven where there is no sickness? yes or no?

How do you know there's no sickness in Heaven? If God will be accepting murderers who just "accepted Jesus" before their execution, who knows what they'll do to people they encounter in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
ezme:

For sure, when it is your life story you are the protagonist. A documentary of the history of Nigeria will not have your character as the protagonist.

Exactly.

ezme:
The last thing I thanked someone for was a barbecue catfish and a cold bottle of Heineken. grin grin grin

Good on you man. Now what was the last thing you thanked God for? i.e if you believe?
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
thehomer:

How do you know there's no sickness in Heaven? If God will be accepting murderers who just "accepted Jesus" before their execution, who knows what they'll do to people they encounter in Heaven.
do you know what it means to be born again? or perhaps the more important question is; do you want to know?
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by ezme(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
thehomer:

Good on you man. Now what was the last thing you thanked God for? i.e if you believe?

I can't pin point it, its been six months
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
do you know what it means to be born again? or perhaps the more important question is; do you want to know?

I know what it means but I don't see how that tells you that there's actually no sickness in Heaven. You're welcome to say what you think it means but it doesn't address the question. If the devil could hang in there long enough to influence other angels, then I don't think anything can be ruled out even there.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
thehomer:

I know what it means but I don't see how that tells you that there's actually no sickness in Heaven. You're welcome to say what you think it means but it doesn't address the question. If the devil could hang in there long enough to influence other angels, then I don't think anything can be ruled out even there.

you said:
thehomer: How do you know there's no sickness in Heaven? If God will be accepting murderers who just "accepted Jesus" before their execution, who knows what they'll do to people they encounter in Heaven.

To accept Christ is the same as to get born again. You claim you know what it means to get born again. Care to explain through scripture because if you cannot, I'll take it that you neither know what it means to get born again nor what heaven is like.

Secondly I am amused that you would ask how my question relates to whether or not there'll be sickness in heaven, perhaps I should ask you how the bold relates to whether or not there will be sickness in Heaven.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:

you said:

To accept Christ is the same as to get born again. You claim you know what it means to get born again. Care to explain through scripture because if you cannot, I'll take it that you neither know what it means to get born again nor what heaven is like.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again_%28Christianity%29]Wikipedia[/url] has already done that with comparisons among the various Christian sects.

Mr anony:
Secondly I am amused that you would ask how my question relates to whether or not there'll be sickness in heaven, perhaps I should ask you how the bold relates to whether or not there will be sickness in Heaven.

And he begins once more. A direct question is evaded and he instead poses another question hoping that the direct question will be forgotten. Why don't you answer my question then I'll answer yours? If you don't think the part in bold is relevant, please feel free to ignore it and just answer my question.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 12:02am On Jun 03, 2013
thehomer:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again_%28Christianity%29]Wikipedia[/url] has already done that with comparisons among the various Christian sects.
wikipedia is not an authority for christians, the bible is. Now please explain from scripture what it means to be born again. If you cannot, then you have no business debating heaven since you don't know what you are talking about

And he begins once more. A direct question is evaded and he instead poses another question hoping that the direct question will be forgotten. Why don't you answer my question then I'll answer yours? If you don't think the part in bold is relevant, please feel free to ignore it and just answer my question.
Abeg keep quiet joor, you presented your contention that sickness might be in heaven by arguing that murderes might be in heaven after getting born again. If you cannot show the link between the two starting by first showing that you have a good biblical understanding of what it means to be born again then your contention is moot.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 03, 2013
thehomer:

That's all they do.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 4:59am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: That's all they do.
....says the guy with the special powers to develop amnesia at will
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Mr anony:
....says the guy with the special powers to develop amnesia at will
Lol. Wetin I forget?
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 5:40am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 5:48am On Jun 03, 2013
MUSKEETO STARTS TALKING ABOUT GOD
musKeeto: God could also have placed him in a position to sell fake teething mixture to the kids.

Mr anony: I hope you do realize that there is a difference between placing one in a position and the choices one decides to make while in that position

MUSKEETO SHOWS HE KNOWS WHAT GOD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT
musKeeto: Yeah, I do. Would you agree then that man's will may overshadow God's will? God places on in a position to do good, and he ends up doing wrong...

Mr anony: I wouldn't use the word "overshadow" I would rather say that man can go against God's will. Now would you agree that such a man who opposes God by doing evil when he has been placed in a position to do good should rightly deserve to face the full wrath of God's judgment?

MUSKEETO ACTIVATES HIS AMNESIA
musKeeto: Which God?

Should Allah punish those who kill apostates?

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: All judges have power to convict any one who flouts the law. What ever judgement the judge decides to hand out will be based on what laws/rules he's subject to.

All Gods have wills.
So my question was in order.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 5:57am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: So my question was in order.
That makes your question all the more redundant because you had previously talked about God's will. Which God's will did you have in mind when you were talking about it?

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 03, 2013
Mr anony:
That makes your question all the more redundant because you had previously talked about God's will. Which God's will did you have in mind when you were talking about it?

Where would this road lead us? Just make your point.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Mranony: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: Where would this road lead us? Just make your point.
My point has been made already. You possess the special powers of summoning amnesia at will to help you escape arguments

....you also have a special ability to speak volumes and yet say nothing. It is even funny when you challenge people to show that you have expressed an opinion. . .and then you rejoice in the satisfaction that you actually have no opinion.
(see: https://www.nairaland.com/1309069/what-truly-offensive-christians/4#16026751 for reference)

For some weird reason, nailing your buttocks firmly to the fence seems to excite you
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 03, 2013
I sense butthurt.. Anony, surely you're above such... grin

Mr anony:
My point has been made already. You possess the special powers of summoning amnesia at will to help you escape arguments
What happened to your powers of comprehension? All Gods have a will.. it's simple.. I'm not going to argue with you about some abstract God. What God did you think we were talking about in the first place?

Mr anony:
....you also have a special ability to speak volumes and yet say nothing.
You must have me confused for your asslicker Ihedinobi. He's well known for writing long essays, like the intelligence of a post is determined by the number of characters it has..

Mr anony:
It is even funny when you challenge people to show that you have expressed an opinion. . .and then you rejoice in the satisfaction that you actually have no opinion.
[size=8pt](see: https://www.nairaland.com/1309069/what-truly-offensive-christians/4#16026751 for reference)

This is what happens when you go into battle and pick a side, without realizing what the battle's over.

Ihedinobi:
when you structure a game on the assumption that there are hypocrisy, contradictions and atrocities in Scriptures that a group of people hold as sacred, an assumption which they have not accepted to be true and you have established yourself in the consciousness of these people as an antagonist of their faith, it is a mockery of their Faith and thus an insult to them. Therefore, a game of that sort would violate Rule #2 on Nairaland......

My reply
By this definition, we could as well shut down the religion section.

To the part in red, you can as well say atheists and muslims aren't allowed to question the claims the Bible makes to be the word of God....

Later on that same thread, I made it clear that what's offensive to one might not be offensive to another. JeSoul's post agreed with this. I didn't find Logicboy's thread offensive is VERY DIFFERENT from saying Logicboy's thread's not offensive. That's my opinion.

And I wasn't disputing if the thread was offensive or not. I was only making a case for fairness, that's why I brought up other threads.

Mr anony:
For some weird reason, nailing your buttocks firmly to the fence seems to excite you
There's nothing wrong with being neutral. People who are neutral have no hesitations speaking the truth no matter whose axe is gored. You and Ihedinobi feel there's a need to bend everyone into your narrow and myopic viewpoint. Anyone who doesn't speak the same language (Christians inclusive) has 'Chrisitian i.d card' revoked instantly. I hail una spiritual mopol.

Ihedinobi made a mockery of himself on that thread. Of course, I don't expect you to see that. The cross blinds you from his flaws... To the rest of us, the hypocrisy and dishonesty he exhibits in his otiose posts is as visible as the sun.

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2013
Mr anony:
wikipedia is not an authority for christians, the bible is. Now please explain from scripture what it means to be born again. If you cannot, then you have no business debating heaven since you don't know what you are talking about

I did not say Wikipedia was the authority, I was simply pointing out that it had been done already from the Bible. If I presented you with a short summary and a quote from the Bible, you'll complain that it wasn't enough. So, just read that article and tell me whether or not you agree with what is being said there because I agree with it. If you don't agree, then you're welcome to say what you think it means.

Mr anony:
Abeg keep quiet joor, you presented your contention that sickness might be in heaven by arguing that murderes might be in heaven after getting born again. If you cannot show the link between the two starting by first showing that you have a good biblical understanding of what it means to be born again then your contention is moot.

Okay, just ignore what I said about the murderers. Assume I didn't say anything about that. Note that you were the one claiming that there was no sickness in Heaven. I was simply wondering how you knew this. That was the first question I asked you but as usual, you start trying to avoid answering right from the get-go.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by thehomer: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto:
That's all they do.

Yes a lot of them do this but Mr anony has become the paragon of such poor tactics.
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: I sense butthurt.. Anony, surely you're above such... grin

What happened to your powers of comprehension? All Gods have a will.. it's simple.. I'm not going to argue with you about some abstract God. What God did you think we were talking about in the first place?

You must have me confused for your asslicker Ihedinobi. He's well known for writing long essays, like the intelligence of a post is determined by the number of characters it has..

This is what happens when you go into battle and pick a side, without realizing what the battle's over.

My reply

Later on that same thread, I made it clear that what's offensive to one might not be offensive to another. JeSoul's post agreed with this. I didn't find Logicboy's thread offensive is VERY DIFFERENT from saying Logicboy's thread's not offensive. That's my opinion.

And I wasn't disputing if the thread was offensive or not. I was only making a case for fairness, that's why I brought up other threads.

There's nothing wrong with being neutral. People who are neutral have no hesitations speaking the truth no matter whose axe is gored. You and Ihedinobi feel there's a need to bend everyone into your narrow and myopic viewpoint. Anyone who doesn't speak the same language (Christians inclusive) has 'Chrisitian i.d card' revoked instantly. I hail una spiritual mopol.

Ihedinobi made a mockery of himself on that thread. Of course, I don't expect you to see that. The cross blinds you from his flaws... To the rest of us, the hypocrisy and dishonesty he exhibits in his otiose posts is as visible as the sun.

Wow! Is this how much you talk about me? Wow!!!!! What do I have to do with what y'all are discussing here?! cheesy
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by mazaje(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mr anony:
Good me too. would you like us to explore what a world without sickness will actually look like?

It will look good. . .Humans are trying to create a world without diseases by eradicting some, example there is no malaria here in Europe because it has been eradicated. . .Polio is out. . .Drugs to cure diseases are all man attempt to have a world without one or find cures to diseases. . .

[/quote]in bold: He'll have to actually tell his life story for me to meet that demand. But let me ask, how do you know it is his hard-work and not his cheating that helped him up?

So?. . .Even if he cheated it still has nothing to do with your god. . .

Let us leave things we don't know, let us assume it is as you say that his hard work and people around him helped him up. Yet neither he nor the people that "helped" him had any control over his life. None of them kept him alive, none of them kept his heart beating, none of them kept his brain working, none of them kept his lungs working or helped him breathe or helped his cells function. Let us even come to how he met these helpers of his; what is the guarantee they would like him and what t help him? what about all the multiple possibilities that could have happened such that he didn't even meet them not to talk of them helping him? There are so many factors affecting where he found himself. To claim that it was his own doing is just ignorant.

So it is your god's doing?. . .How?. . Is it your god that kept his lungs functioning or his lung cells?. . .Is it your god that made people like him or his gestures and the way he treated them?. . .Just show me how your god has anything to do with his life. . .You just keep jumping around asking and posing irrelevant questions. . .
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Wow! Is this how much you talk about me? Wow!!!!! What do I have to do with what y'all are discussing here?! cheesy
Need some salt?
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
mazaje:

It will look good. . .Humans are trying to create a world without diseases by eradicting some, example there is no malaria here in Europe because it has been eradicated. . .Polio is out. . .Drugs to cure diseases are all man attempt to have a world without one or find cures to diseases. . .

Bullshiit! angry

There is no malaria in Europe because the mosquito can't survive the cold winters. The climate for most of the year is not favourable for them. Even our very own nairaland muskeeto moved to hot India

Other than that, I agree with your post!
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by mazaje(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bullshiit! angry

There is no malaria in Europe because the mosquito can't survive the cold winters. The climate for most of the year is not favourable for them. Even our very own nairaland muskeeto moved to hot India

Other than that, I agree with your post!

tongue tongue
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
mazaje:

tongue tongue

It happens......Logic Mind debunked me too on a scientific thread about cloning.....there was no anonyism that could help me cover up my error
Re: Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

It happens......Logic Mind debunked me too on a scientific thread about cloning.....there was no anonyism that could help me cover up my error

yOU IIIDDDIIOOOTT... grin

Stop provoking me: Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atheist Logic Be Like... / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha / The Modern Church Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.