Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye (24828 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 3:19am On Jun 02, 2013
Memorise: Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: Proverbs 3:9
Read: Proverbs 3:9-11
Key Point: Thank Cod for souls won last year on this Global Evangelism Day. Go and win at least one soul and pray that the Global Evangelism Day programme will record a great success

Bible in one year:
Matthew 5-7
After toiling all night without catching a single fish, Peter had an encounter with Jesus after which He instructed him to make another attempt. Peter gave all the reasons that made it unreasonable to obey that command but he obeyed because the instruction came from Jesus (Luke 5:2-5). This is another indicator of the committed: the committed obeys Jesus unquestionably. The reason many find it difficult to obey the Lord promptly is because they harbour unbelief somewhere in their heart. If you believe in the Lord and you have known Him to a point, you would know that every instruction, suggestion, command, dictate or advice that comes from Him should be treated the same way as a commandment that must be obeyed speedily. It you take pride in asking why you should do whatever He tells you, it is because you lack commitment. Mary the mother of Jesus had learnt this hence she could tell the servants at the marriage feast in Cana of Galilee not to question whatever instructions the Lord gave them (John 2:5). Obeying Jesus without questioning is a height of faith and commitment which is hinged on the truth that the Lord can never lead you astray.
Besides this, you can tell a fellow who is committed by what he or she does with his or her possessions. If you are committed to the Lord, you will know that all you have, including your life now belongs to God. So if the Lord asks for anything that is yours, you will happily release it to Him. The committed believer honours God with everything he or she has (Proverbs 3:9). The committed pays tithe and offering in obedience to Malachi 3:8-12. He brings the tithe and offering joyfully to God, seeing it as a great privilege to do so. If you are still struggling to pay your tithes, it simply shows that your commitment to the Lord is questionable. Having considered so many areas of commitment, can you truly say now that you are committed?
http://earlydigest..com/2013/06/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-2nd.html

2 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Opey4luv(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2013
Wow, I was almost tempted by my oga @ the top to write "first to comment" grin grin grin but I will not do such a chidish stuff grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by unanghope: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2013
2rd to comment.. 1st in history of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by ITbomb(m): 11:34am On Jun 02, 2013
.^^^ this two children , so if you were in my position , you would have wrote '3rd to comment'

6 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2013
IT bomb, how can you indulge in this childish act? I won't want to derail this thread and join the bandwagon by inserting "4th to comment" grin

6 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2013
Matt. 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last.

All glory to Obatala.. Amen.

@OP: Lol @ paying tithe.. Smh..
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by kufre2010: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
I have been following this man for sometime now. He always place emphasis on tithing in most of his preaching as if u will die if u don't do it or u will be punish for not tithing so tithing now is not voluntary as it is recorded in the bible? In one of his parish one time ago in Eket Akwa Ibom State the pastor then make it compulsory that members give 20% instead of the usual %10.In-fact my father is a Sunday school teacher in another parish he was complaining why the church should contemplate member suspending a member because he did not pay tithe out of the money of a contract that he won. I just think this thing is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by candiva2013(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
I only pity those that are being decieved. Subtract money from church business and you will see that those that call themselves men of God will resign.

4 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Kingharzyz(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
who is pastor adeboye ?
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
kufre2010: I have been following this man for sometime now. He always place emphasis on tithing in most of his preaching as if u will die if u don't do it or u will be punish for not tithing so tithing now is not voluntary as it is recorded in the bible? In one of his parish one time ago in Eket Akwa Ibom State the pastor then make it compulsory that members give 20% instead of the usual %10.In-fact my father is a Sunday school teacher in another parish he was complaining why the church should contemplate member suspending a member because he did not pay tithe out of the money of a contract that he won. I just think this thing is getting out of hand.
How will I belief you? Suspending a person bcoz of tithe? How incredible?

3 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by adoniza(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hula baloo. What a deceiver
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Psalm 51:16-17 NIV
[size=16pt]GOD do not delight in sacrifice[/size] or I would bring it; you do not pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; [size=16pt]a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.[/size]
I believe in God n not in men
I believe in bible n not d sweet words of men,
I believe in giving n not in tithe n offering.
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by HighChief4(m): 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Scammers fleecing ignorant Nigerians. Their customers will soon be here to attack anybody that calls this man a scammer. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by kufre2010: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
tyadams: How will I belief you? Suspending a person bcoz of tithe? How incredible?
i am not a member of redeemed but my father is. That was what i hered them talking about when my father and one other member came to our house so my father was telling the other member that he is not in support of the idea. I didn't know the outcome so i don't know if they did suspend him.
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by decoderdgenius(m): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
To all you christians condemning this, are you paying your tithe to man or to God. Remember God said we should bring the tithes and offerings so the storehouse will be full. When you do this not only will it show that you are committed it will open the windows of God blessings for you. Don't be bothered about where your money is going just give to God in faith(not your pastor but you can also give to him a separate offering) like the widow whom Elijah met and you will be blessed in everything you do. Any pastor that misuses the church funds will answer for it.

5 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Hackomania(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
ighoosagie: Psalm 51:16-17 NIV
GOD do not delight in sacrifice or I would bring it; you do not pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
Nice one there sire.
To others that conclude that Pastor Adeboye is a fraud, have you been to any of his sermons? You will discover that he ALWAYS concludes them with a call to salvation. Maybe most of his followers no longer emphasize on the importance of salvation, but he still does. Its like blaming the bible for asking for tithe when it also asks you to receive the Christ the son of God. Read the whole book; study the whole man before you draw your conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
decoder dgenius: To all you christians condemning this, are you paying your tithe to man or to God. Remember God said we should bring the tithes and offerings so the storehouse will be full. When you do this not only will it show that you are committed it will open the windows of God blessings for you. Don't be bothered about where your money is going just give to God in faith(not your pastor but you can also give to him a separate offering) like the widow whom Elijah met and you will be blessed in everything you do. Any pastor that misuses the church funds will answer for it.
Archaic saying

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by bknight: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yet to read "honour God without corruption" undecided
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hackomania:
Nice one there sire.
To others that conclude that Pastor Adeboye is a fraud, have you been to any of his sermons? You will discover that he ALWAYS concludes them with a call to salvation. Maybe most of his followers no longer emphasize on the importance of salvation, but he still does. Its like blaming the bible for asking for tithe when it also asks you to receive the Christ the son of God. Read the whole book; study the whole man before you draw your conclusions.
I only study d bible n not men
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by kyrianomang(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
leffects: Memorise: Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: Proverbs 3:9
Key Point: Thank Cod for souls won last year on this Global Evangelism Day. Go and win at least one soul and pray that the Global Evangelism Day programme will record a great success

Bible in one year:
Matthew 5-7
After toiling all night without catching a single fish, Peter had an encounter with Jesus after which He instructed him to make another attempt. Peter gave all the reasons that made it unreasonable to obey that command but he obeyed because the instruction came from Jesus (Luke 5:2-5). This is another indicator of the committed: the committed obeys Jesus unquestionably. The reason many find it difficult to obey the Lord promptly is because they harbour unbelief somewhere in their heart. If you believe in the Lord and you have known Him to a point, you would know that every instruction, suggestion, command, dictate or advice that comes from Him should be treated the same way as a commandment that must be obeyed speedily. It you take pride in asking why you should do whatever He tells you, it is because you lack commitment. Mary the mother of Jesus had learnt this hence she could tell the servants at the marriage feast in Cana of Galilee not to question whatever instructions the Lord gave them (John 2:5). Obeying Jesus without questioning is a height of faith and commitment which is hinged on the truth that the Lord can never lead you astray.
Besides this, you can tell a fellow who is committed by what he or she does with his or her possessions. If you are committed to the Lord, you will know that all you have, including your life now belongs to God. So if the Lord asks for anything that is yours, you will happily release it to Him. The committed believer honours God with everything he or she has (Proverbs 3:9). The committed pays tithe and offering in obedience to Malachi 3:8-12. He brings the tithe and offering joyfully to God, seeing it as a great privilege to do so. If you are still struggling to pay your tithes, it simply shows that your commitment to the Lord is questionable. Having considered so many areas of commitment, can you truly say now that you are committed?
well.i am a committed christian havn't paid tithe before in my life and yet,God anwers all my needs.i only believe in holiness and doing God.don't have a permanent church but only worshipped with any living church.tithe for me is a christian obligation which is as old as sacrificing animals to God
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by kyrianomang(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
leffects: Memorise: Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: Proverbs 3:9

Bible in one year:
Matthew 5-7
well.i am a committed christian havn't paid tithe before in my life and yet,God anwers all my needs.i only believe in holiness and doing God.don't have a permanent church but only worshipped with any living church.tithe for me is a christian obligation which is as old as sacrificing animals to God
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by kyrianomang(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=ighoosagie]
I only study d bible n not men[/quote
i don't worship God with tithe.it's not important for purposes of the kingdom of God
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Maximus85(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2013

Bible in one year:
Matthew 5-7

Substance like my money abi? Ok! I dey come.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
It's good to honour God with our substances. Not only money, even our time & energy.

4 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by obyrich(m): 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
tyadams: How will I belief you? Suspending a person bcoz of tithe? How incredible?
If you wont believe him, will you believe a pastor flogging members (mostly married women who came to his ministry) for not paying their dues? This one no be story. It happened for my korokoro eyes. Pastors are tin gods nowadays.
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by emmanbol: 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
Dont quote me dat Old testament cos dat time we only had a single church and d leaders were d levites. I do giving, but tithe, no. I can giv to church as led or when their is a need. Whia d real tin is when u giv to d poor, less privilege, u go see how pple wil sharply be encouraged and saved.lemme ask, re u a jew or christian. Christ ended all d laws. Let us think of making our society better by using our money for dpoor and helpless and inviting them to christ. Our christian leader s are just lazy and dont wanna tell d truth. If i av a church, my members wont pay tithe and we all wil stil be rich. If church av need tell d member, if som just wana partner in a project, let dem do, but tithe, my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Adwexky(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
[size=16pt]GOD do not delight in sacrifice[/size] or I would bring it; you do not pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; [size=16pt]a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.[/size]
paying tithe is just for you financial increase, If you are faithful with God.
Erase all misconception in your mind about tithing. It is mainly for your benefit.
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Ayorh4you(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
1st page no b small tin grin
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by chuqudy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2013

Go and pay your tight.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Adwexky(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
Tithe is crucial among christians supplications Because it opens financial doors. PAY YOUR TITHE , IT FOR YOUR BENEFIT.

1 Like

Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by obyrich(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
emmanbol: Dont quote me dat Old testament cos dat time we only had a single church and d leaders were d levites. I do giving, but tithe, no. I can giv to church as led or when their is a need. Whia d real tin is when u giv to d poor, less privilege, u go see how pple wil sharply be encouraged and saved.lemme ask, re u a jew or christian. Christ ended all d laws. Let us think of making our society better by using our money for dpoor and helpless and inviting them to christ. Our christian leader s are just lazy and dont wanna tell d truth. If i av a church, my members wont pay tithe and we all wil stil be rich. If church av need tell d member, if som just wana partner in a project, let dem do, but tithe, my foot.

You are right. These dubious pastorpreneurs or whatever modern appellation they may adopt have got a way of justifying the continued fleecing of their members. I still maintain that tithing is not meant for Christians. The pioneer Christians did not pay tithe as a way of honoring God or showing piety. Rather they were encouraged to make freewill donations to
support the ministry which included catering for the needy amongst them ( which most of these wolves don't give a hoot about).
Re: Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
ighoosagie: Psalm 51:16-17 NIV GOD do not delight in sacrifice orI would bring it; youdonot pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. I believe in God n not in men I believe in bible n not d sweet words of men, I believe in giving n not in tithe n offering.
Adwexky: paying tithe is just for you financial increase, If you are faithful with God.
Erase all misconception in your mind about tithing. It is mainly for your benefit.
Malachi 3:10 KJ
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house
Rember in d old testament they offer sacrifices 2 God with animal (meat) , now that the blood of Jesus has taken d place of bull (meat) , it will b a sin 2 bring bull (meat) in2 d house of God n a bigger sin misquoting d bible by converting bull (meat) to money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Many Sisters Want To Marry Pastors? / Free Wedding At A Catholic Church In Enugu - Twitter User / Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 239
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.