Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (82604 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by justsmile(f): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nice one OP
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by master2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nice job @OP
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
@OP,

How can I help?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
nice one
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by greggng: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
bros if your service will be affordable i will like to learn from you. may be a private teaching from you. We will concentrate on

EXEL
POWERPOINT
MSWORD/ acess
Infact computer appreciation
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by 2goodbobo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Book marked
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Olurock(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks bro good job,you are a born teacher.God bless you real good
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by lilcutie8916(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
op i dey feel u no be lie me don subscribe to this ur page full time
more greese to ur elbow my guy
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by megachuks(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nice one
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by nwaneri(m): 1:14am On Jul 21, 2013
@ open, just to teach u some skills. It would have been better if you filmed the whole process and upload it on YouTube then send the link. With that people can follow your steps. Who knows you might be starting something that will lead u somewhere. It's called VLOGGING. that is video-blogging
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by temmytanny(m): 1:34am On Jul 21, 2013
following...
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by otodeluxe(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2013
OP, please how can I do a graph and perfect charts in excel cause I don't know how to do it well. Pls expantiate on this. Thanks for the good work
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Coldsteel(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2013
esere826: Hey guys. How una dey.
I am going to teach/baby feed us basic spreadsheets skills. This skill is one you wont regret having.
You could use it in both your every day life, and your career -so, its not a waste of time

We'll practice spreadsheets by analysing your salary vs expenditure. You will now be able to understand how you use your money, and thus dispel ur superstitious believe that na winch dey steal ya money.

I'll also try to use very simple languages so that even if na coconut water u carry for head, u can understand.

*Please pray for me to have the strength to finish this tutorial....Tnx*
Good work OP,just b4 u proceed,i think its wise you lay it down in words we can understand what excel is actually meant for.Its numerous applications,i mean..Tanx
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by debsjoat(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nice thread, a must follow. Thumbs up man...
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the thumbs up guys. I'll endeavour to gently stir the lecture towards interests that some of you have raised.

With regards to youtube videos. Great idea, especially for me. Thanks. I 'dont know about the audience sha, afterall there are loads of videos out there. I guess the most important thing is the bringing of this teachings to a new platform to reach a new unreached audience -some NairaLanders.
Some folks learning style is skewed towards portable knowledge such as documents etc. Thanks anyways

On behalf of myself and my dog, Bingo, i say great that we are all learning. ...Thanks and cheers

3 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by stanley99a(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nice tread here. Thumbs up
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by soledadd: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
Bro you try. Infact over try dey wori you. Kudos!
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Raxxye(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nice one,dude! Good job!
**subscribing**
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nice topic@OP,God bless you
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by nikky5(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nice one guy. I am currently making money from the excel template I build for schools with security.It automate school fees,with names of debtors and class and also payroll etc.It will last for 7 years.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 2:45am On Jul 22, 2013
nikky5: Nice one guy. I am currently making money from the excel template I build for schools with security.It automate school fees,with names of debtors and class and also payroll etc.It will last for 7 years.

Nice... Can you help me write a simple formula to automate employee payroll?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Anextin(f): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2013
Hello esesre, how are u today, I know u are blessed m would remain so for this effort in putting us tru. Pls this is my mail akujobiebere@gmail.com, I need u to send all the attachment to me via the mail. Am not always available to follow on naira land but in my spare I can get right on it. Pls do not forget, am expecting. Thank you
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by nuellord(m): 8:31am On Jul 22, 2013
Thanks man.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2013
@op nice work...please i ll like to ask a question..how can i merged documents on excel i.e when updating a document, it updates other documents...like posting on an account on a document and other account updates itself without opening...i think its called integration.......thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 11:24am On Jul 22, 2013
lecorn: @op nice work...please i ll like to ask a question..how can i merged documents on excel i.e when updating a document, it updates other documents...like posting on an account on a document and other account updates itself without opening...i think its called integration.......thanks

A simple and easy way to do it is simply create dynamic links within the sheet (for the precedent cells), in the absence of this, you can write a macro a simple macro that will automate the task. If you're good in VBA, it's a lot easier.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by hal9000: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
lecorn: @op nice work...please i ll like to ask a question..how can i merged documents on excel i.e when updating a document, it updates other documents...like posting on an account on a document and other account updates itself without opening...i think its called integration.......thanks
manny4life:

A simple and easy way to do it is simply create dynamic links within the sheet (for the precedent cells), in the absence of this, you can write a macro a simple macro that will automate the task. If you're good in VBA, it's a lot easier.

@manny, if the dude was good in VB, i doubt he would still be asking how to link common doc cells...

@lecorn, i don't know if manny's suggestion worked for you, but i know a simpler way. I'm guessing what you really want is a way in which a value calculated in one Excel sheet updates in another sheet (or in another file). If so, then listen up...

Lets say you have a file called "Book1", and on 'Sheet1' of this file you have a value in cell 'F5'. Now you want this value to show up in another sheet of another excel file called "Book2", and you want it to automatically update whenever you change or modify the value in 'F5'. Simple, all you do is open Book2, click on the cell where you want the said value to update (lets call it 'D9') and just type '=', then go to Book1 and click on 'F5', and press Enter. D9 of Book2 should now be showing the same value as F5 of Book1. Save both files in the same folder. Now whenever you open Book2, it will ask if you want to update the cells within (or something like that); click 'yes' and your cells will be updated to reflect any changes in Book1.

The only problem with this is that both files have to be in the same folder all the time, otherwise opening Book2 will throw an error message.

A simpler solution would be to move sheet1 from Book1 to Book2; to do this make sure Book2 is open already, then right-click on the sheet tab in Book1 (it's located in the lower left corner on the Excel screen; see the area circled in red in pic below). So, right click and select "Move or Copy". A small box pops up with 2 options: "To book", "Before sheet", and a tick option that reads "create a copy". 'To book' means which book do you want to move the sheet to? Select Book2 here. 'Before sheet' means where in Book2 do you want to place the moved sheet; select 'sheet2' here. Thus your sheet will placed between sheet1 and sheet2. Tick the final 'create a copy' if you want the sheet you are moving to still have a copy in Book1. And ok! Voila, you moved the sheet from Book1 to Book2! It is now sheet2 of Book2.
You can now do the '=' on 'D9' of Sheet2, then click on F5 on Sheet1, and press Enter. Sheet2!D9 now updates any value in Sheet1!F5.

(Hope i didnt confuse you o!) smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by maasoap(m): 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
NICE THREAD.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ahh sorry o, but good explanation. grin
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by BMBIT: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2013
we are also provide training http://eccouncil..in/
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2013
hal9000:

@manny, if the dude was good in VB, i doubt he would still be asking how to link common doc cells...

@lecorn, i don't know if manny's suggestion worked for you, but i know a simpler way. I'm guessing what you really want is a way in which a value calculated in one Excel sheet updates in another sheet (or in another file). If so, then listen up...

Lets say you have a file called "Book1", and on 'Sheet1' of this file you have a value in cell 'F5'. Now you want this value to show up in another sheet of another excel file called "Book2", and you want it to automatically update whenever you change or modify the value in 'F5'. Simple, all you do is open Book2, click on the cell where you want the said value to update (lets call it 'D9') and just type '=', then go to Book1 and click on 'F5', and press Enter. D9 of Book2 should now be showing the same value as F5 of Book1. Save both files in the same folder. Now whenever you open Book2, it will ask if you want to update the cells within (or something like that); click 'yes' and your cells will be updated to reflect any changes in Book1.

The only problem with this is that both files have to be in the same folder all the time, otherwise opening Book2 will throw an error message.

A simpler solution would be to move sheet1 from Book1 to Book2; to do this make sure Book2 is open already, then right-click on the sheet tab in Book1 (it's located in the lower left corner on the Excel screen; see the area circled in red in pic below). So, right click and select "Move or Copy". A small box pops up with 2 options: "To book", "Before sheet", and a tick option that reads "create a copy". 'To book' means which book do you want to move the sheet to? Select Book2 here. 'Before sheet' means where in Book2 do you want to place the moved sheet; select 'sheet2' here. Thus your sheet will placed between sheet1 and sheet2. Tick the final 'create a copy' if you want the sheet you are moving to still have a copy in Book1. And ok! Voila, you moved the sheet from Book1 to Book2! It is now sheet2 of Book2.
You can now do the '=' on 'D9' of Sheet2, then click on F5 on Sheet1, and press Enter. Sheet2!D9 now updates any value in Sheet1!F5.

thanks bro....for sure i ll get it...
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2013
hal9000:

i got it now..thanks..much work easier now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.