Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo (12765 Views)

Common Foods That Cause Food Poisoning / 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic / Jonathan - No Nigerian To Die Of HIV Henceforth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2013
From GEORGE ONYEJIUWA, Owerri

Calamity struck the community of Umueze, Egbelu Nguru, in Ngor Okpala Local Government Area of Imo State yesterday, when a middle widow, Mrs. Gladys Nwosu and her three daughters died after a meal of okro soup and eba. Also, the deceased’s two daughters, who also ate the food, are now lying ill at the Ngor Okpala General Hospital.

Saturday Sun gathered that the late Mrs. Nwosu and her five children woke up yesterday morning and started their daily chores, when suddenly the children complained of stomach ache. Sources said that the late Mrs. Nwosu had rushed the children, who were already writhing in pain to the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, fearing that they may be under demonic attack.

When their condition deteriorated, they were rushed to the Ngor Okpala General Hospital, where they were confirmed dead. Hours later, it was gathered, the deceased widow began to shout that her stomach was on fire and was rushed to the same hospital by neighbours. She also died at the hospital. It was gathered that the deceased children are Chinelo Nwosu, a 23-year-old final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka; Amaka Nwosu, a primary school pupil and Ijeoma Nwosu, who just finished secondary education.

The two other children now on admission at Umuneke General Hospital, are Njideka Nwosu (18) and Chidera Nwosu (20). Mr. Patrick Okere, a kinsman of the deceased, who expressed deep shock over the tragedy, confirmed that the deceased initially took the children to her church for prayers, thinking that it was a demonic attack.

He stated that while at the church, the situation got worse and the children were taken to the general hospital where they were confirmed dead of food poisoning by the medical doctor. Meanwhile, when Saturday Sun visited, the compound of the deceased was deserted.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/widow-3-daughters-die-of-food-poisoning-in-imo/

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nairaplus(m): 10:48am On Jun 02, 2013
May their souls RIP! I wish the remaining two daughters speedy recovery and fortitude to bear their loss. I feel the greatest sympathy especially for the final year student. cry

4 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by onyeguy: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2013
May they soul Rest in peace .anyway First to comment cool
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by masterpiecer(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2013
the story is very sad and confusing too cry, may their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by masterpiecer(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2013
onye guy: Rest in peace .anyway First to comment cool

can u please help me for just one thing?

GROW UP!

11 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2013
I tire for this religious fanatics.why did she have to think of demonic attack as a first possibility?if she'd taken them to the hospital at first,maybe they all would have been alive now.(Sad face) may they RIP cry

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by safarigirl(f): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2013
Africans and their superstitious BELIEFS, see as those girls just die because their mother failed to do the right thing at the right time.

Is the pastor a doctor that you would take people with stomach ache to a church? Even the daughter in final year despite her education couldn't correct her mother?

Even the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge"

May their souls RIP, such avoidable deaths

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2013
Nigerians and religion! why go to church first?
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Opey4luv(m): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2013
May her soul rest in Peace.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2013
Your children complain about stomach aches and the first things that come to your mind are church and demonic attacks? Naija i hail , I bow .....see your life Mrs Nwosu? Like really?
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Afrocatalyst: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2013
Simple and short,get rid of rats in ur houses. People die of lassa fever everyday and all we hear is food poisonin. Grow up Nigerians.

Smh for d mother that interpreted the scenerio to be spiritual. The truth is dat millions of us in Nigeria,Ghana,Africa and the world at large are nt different from her.

One more time,get rid of rats in ur house and fumigate every mnth or two or quarterly maximum. Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Akaraiwe(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2013
They should have been rushed to the hospital immediately . What can the church do,cast the poison out?
What a loss!
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Tolexander: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2013
This saddens!

But what could have they eaten to cause the food poisoning!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by obyrich(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2013
lorretta u: I tire for this religious fanatics.why did she have to think of demonic attack as a first possibility?if she'd taken them to the hospital at first,maybe they all would have been alive now.(Sad face) may they RIP cry
Sorry my dear, that is the default thinking of many people in Nigeria, the elite inclusive. RIP to the dead.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by obyrich(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2013
safarigirl: Africans and their superstitious BELIEFS, see as those girls just die because their mother failed to do the right thing at the right time.

Is the pastor a doctor
that you would take people with stomach ache to a church? Even the daughter in final year despite her education couldn't correct her mother?

Even the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge"

May their souls RIP, such avoidable deaths
@ the bolded, yes Nigerian Pastors are doctors, Economists,physiotherapists, spiritualists, psychologists,midwives,radiographers (they tell you the sex and position of your fetus with their spiritual scanner), Engineers( I remember one telling me that the components of the radio PCB are small wraps of charms!). They are highly gifted.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Ashlyy20(f): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2013
Hmm y did she go to d church in d first place.SAD!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Christmasdon(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
buh hee! Who could have poisoned the food.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by kwajahafiz(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
smart people are the commenters who
worried about the source of the poison, and maybe offer suggestions.
The not so smart ones are the ones who are just saying everything else
and have not bothered to ponder what lurks in thier own kitchens, food items, or otherwise that
might have been a culprit.

May the deceased Rest.

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
So sad. May their soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by evelynluv(f): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
RIP angry
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Kingharzyz(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
fury: Nigerians and religion! why go to church first?
point of correction...not Nigerian and religion...its christians and there pastors...I remember one of my christian neighbour, if any of her child is ill the next thing is to start shouting holy gost fire....mumu dem...shiooorrr
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
lost Chinelo (Ada Owerri)...we the entire NAISS UNN weep for this loss ...sobbing# still can't believe this
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by ichidodo: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
Condolences to the bereaved, R.I.P to the dead,especially to the Lioness.........from a fellow super lion.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by maxisfield(f): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
So shocking! Dis iz rlly poison..if not, hw can †ђξ whole family b cleared in oneday n also complainin of †ђξ same problem. Som ppl are soooo wicked. May dia souls rest in peace! cry
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
The only demon here was her ignorance!
What happened to rushing them to church and supporting them in prayers!

'My people perish for lack of knowledge'
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by dulphines: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
onye guy: May they soul Rest in peace .anyway First to comment cool
"they soul" indeed!
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by sweetnigga(m): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
check ur ENGLISH...no wonder u keep writing 1st to comment, hope u know d meaning.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Scofieldella(f): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Your children complain about stomach aches and the first things that come to your mind are church and demonic attacks? Naija i hail , I bow .....see your life Mrs Nwosu? Like really?
Shut d f up and don't speak ill of the dead. Fine, she was ignorant but she's dead darnit!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Bigi83(f): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
what a wicked world
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Markachi666(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ndaa Gladys ,R.I.P. I'm really touched, considering the fact that Egbelu Nguru is barely 400 metres from Umuaga Nguru( my maternal home).
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by Artistree: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
Did u pass d last UTME? Why don't u start preparing 4 Post UTME instead of showcasing what genes u're made of? Later now u'd upload ur pictures soliciting for comments on ur ugliness. Person dey big pass something, so pls eat more fibre.
Re: Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo by onyeka205(m): 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Markachi666: Ndaa Gladys ,R.I.P. I'm really touched, considering the fact that Egbelu Nguru is barely 400 metres from Umuaga Nguru( my maternal home).

My sister the situation is horrible. Somebody poisoned an oil bean that they ate and not the food according to some people from there. As at today, out of eleven people that ate the oil bean, eight people have already died. This is the latest information, I am from Umuaga Nguru.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Million COVID Vaccines Wasted In Nigeria In November - Reuters / COVID-19 Update For October 16 2020 In Nigeria - (3,479 Tested) / First Mother-to-daughter Uterus Transplant Performed In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.