Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21774 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: My guy it is a good iniative but it is not a welcomed development in any part of nigeria let alone osun a very poor state.

Instead of this, why not build a large computer room with internet facilities and d edu software stuff where all junior/ secondary school students would have full access to learn instead of basing it on SSS classes only. Don't tell me junior classes don't have the brain.
This is exactly my point.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is exactly my point.

I wasn't expecting much from you but yet you still fall my hand! So you actually believe having mobile handy and easily accessable learning utility isn't better than a cyber cafe styled akwa ibom e-learning center that isn't functional btw and rooted to one spot which makes it in- accessible to millions of other students outside the vicinity. You shock me with your reasoning bro!

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2013
This herbalist really wants to do something but unfortunately he never had good advisers.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by FBICIA(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: did you say afford? Even in osun where most of the students come from poor backgrounds.

Shaaatup for there! See this ebanooo dey talk do you think osun is one of ur thick forest you came from? Eediot
Osun ppl are averagely okay!

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: This herbalist really wants to do something but unfortunately he never had good advisers.
When you are done clowning, remember to put back your thinking cap.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2013
wellmax: Those of you crying expensive expensive are just shallow minded, these tablets doesn't cost more than N20,000 each from source. Its a good initiative by the State of Osun .
the rate of manufacturing a vert cheap and effective tablet is not more than 15,000. Ask the chinese who buy tablets for as low as $125!!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by omonnakoda: 11:55am On Jun 03, 2013
One other alternative is simply to embezzle the money totally. I believe this is a better option than that. Is it the BEST way to spend the money ? Time will tell.Those Jewish people criticizing like Shinedooo, hunwashooku and Shubike do not offer any meaningful alternatives apart from their BILIOUS PERITONITIS "bitter bad belle" which will eventually kill them.
There was a PDP governor there before who was "building stadia" as if he was hosting Olympics I wonder which adds better value for the people.
The West has always prioritized education in comparison to other places.Why don't you guys face your front and deal with your own issues.
In terms of cost these things can be sourced for 10000-15000 naira.Especially if they are very basic ones with no internet connectivity
http://gizmowise.com/blog/choosing-cheap-tablet-pc-india-6-tablets-comparison
http://gizmowise.com/tablet-pc-in-india/ubislate-7c
and you can bet the prices will only move in one direction.

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

I wasn't expecting much from you but yet you still fall my hand! So you actually believe having mobile handy and easily accessable learning utility isn't better than a cyber cafe styled akwa ibom e-learning center that isn't functional btw and rooted to one spot which makes it in- accessible to millions of other students outside the vicinity. You shock me with your reasoning bro!

My guy you have to grow up a bit. Disadvantages of this improper project supersede the advantages.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: the rate of manufacturing a vert cheap and effective tablet is not more than 15,000. Ask the chinese who buy tablets for as low as $125!!
Thank you jare, I concur.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

I never said the project is not a laudable one. Infact it will be a great idea if this can be done in all the schools in Nigeria. But i'm a realist, so my concern is in the cost of acquiring this equipments. It requires a lot of financial muscle.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Has the Ogbeni paid the owed salaries of lecturers

Did he FULLY implement the N18,000 minimum wage and settle the labour dispute in the state

A ki fi ete sile pa lapalapa - You do not leave leprosy to treat rashes.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi: Has the Ogbeni paid the owed salaries of lecturers

Did he FULLY implement the N18,000 minimum wage and settle the labour dispute in the state

A ki fi ete sile pa lapalapa - You do not leave leprosy to treat rashes.
So this insane man is actually owing salaries? And osun indigenes had been commending d project.

Nawa for these people.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: So this insane man is actually owing salaries? And osun indigenes had been commending d project.

Nawa for these people.

I wonder who is the insane one here?

A forumite says he hasn't paid the salaries without any sort of proof, and it became the gospel truth to you?

5 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by jibsai(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
I never said the project is not a laudable one. Infact it will be a great idea if this can be done in all the schools in Nigeria. But i'm a realist, so my concern is in the cost of acquiring this equipments. It requires a lot of financial muscle.

I almost didn't wanna talk but bin following ur comments nd I hv to say, it is a state govt project for God sake. If they can't afford the project, would they hv embarked on it to the extent of launching nd bringing peeps like prof. Soyinka as guest! And also why r u so concerned about the money, its not like its ur money tho! Osun students hv bin presented with a great helper to assist dem study, how they manage it is left to dem! When we were given books in skool did d govt seat with us to check when d leaves will finish. Sm1 in ss1 shd be able to use dat device thru Out d rest of senior class!! I wish d students all d best nd hop d state records one of d best results for waec, neco nd utme come next year!

5 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Your problem is simple, you have this crazy belief that yorubas are poor! Isn't it? You've expressed that view here severally especially in the case of osun state.

Now I kindly beg of you stop bothering you self with your percieved poverty of osun state and just watch them succeed at what your otherwise rich and backward south east states can't do!

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

Your problem is simple, you have this crazy belief that yorubas are poor! Isn't it? You've expressed that view here severally especially in the case of osun state.

Now I kindly beg of you stop bothering you self with your percieved poverty of osun state and just watch them succeed at what your otherwise rich and backward south east states can't do!
Any state that cannot sustain itself independent of the monthly allocation from Abuja is dirt poor and most states in Nigeria are poor. is that supposed to be a new found secret? How much does Osun make on it's own. can that sustain the state? Some of you need to go back to school.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by funkybaby(f): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

spot on !
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
jibsai:

I almost didn't wanna talk but bin following ur comments nd I hv to say, it is a state govt project for God sake. If they can't afford the project, would they hv embarked on it to the extent of launching nd bringing peeps like prof. Soyinka as guest! And also why r u so concerned about the money, its not like its ur money tho! Osun students hv bin presented with a great helper to assist dem study, how they manage it is left to dem! When we were given books in skool did d govt seat with us to check when d leaves will finish. Sm1 in ss1 shd be able to use dat device thru Out d rest of senior class!! I wish d students all d best nd hop d state records one of d best results for waec, neco nd utme come next year!
fvck! See reasoning, so you don't know there are millions of abandoned project in all nigeria 36 states, come to the point of student handling computer tablet through out the sss classes when they can't handle ordinary school uniforms and textbooks. The project is totally a waste of money,that is if they actually have it in mind to complete it which i believe this would never circulate.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Mogidi: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Desola:

Why do some people think with their anuses like this na?

I'd be really surprised if you have any anus left yourself.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Desola:

Why do some people think with their anuses like this na?

You jealous fauqs just find any stup1d reason to hate sha!

Kilode!

My dear, that is what free internet has caused oo, so many ignoramus here.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by LabourParty(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
It's a very good initiative, but how long can the state afford this? If they can give all state schools and new students Opon Imo, then it's ok. But I doubt this very much.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

Hey! Which Osun are you reffering to? is it osun state that only has Osogbo and ile-ife?

O boy no dey embrace rag clothe jor.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by MusicCafe: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Close that your mouth, how many of these children can afford the internet subscription on the said tablets or don't you know that computer tablet is just the same as calculator when you don't have internet connection on it.
Have you heard of Education Bundle from MTN? That's how it will work, you don't need internet to access the it.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Hey! Which Osun are you reffering to? is it osun state that only has Osogbo and ile-ife?
O boy no dey embrace rag clothe jor.

I see you are bereft of information and knowledge, Osun has only Osogbo and Ile-Ife grin grin grin grin hahahah, never seen such a cynical clown.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ogbeni has done it again. Kudos to Him. Happy for Osun Children

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
MusicCafe: Have you heard of Education Bundle from MTN? That's how it will work, you don't need internet to access it.
Are you minding the hoodwink ? He probably doesn't read.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by earthgreeners(m): 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
Program Live on TVC

@ the event

1) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
2) Hon. Aminu W Tambuwal
3) Alhaji Atiku Abubakr
4) Cheif Bisi Akande
5) Cheif Oluremi Tinubu
6) Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila
7) Gov. Abiola Ajimobi
cool Gov. Kayode Fayemi

Advantages Of Opon Imo
1) Expose stds to IT
2) Less spent on Textbooks
3) Enhance learning tru Audiovisuals display.

BTW, the devices were Made in Osun.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
wellmax:

I see you are bereft of information and knowledge, Osun has only Osogbo and Ile-Ife grin grin grin grin hahahah, never seen such a cynical clown.
Lol! Afta Oshogbo and ile-ife,which other part of Osun has civilization? Pls don't mention Ede or Ilesha.

Even inside Oshogbo,can you just mention 2 better areas after GRA where d dummy gov. lives,dada estate and ogo-oluwa/onward area. The rest are full of mud houses plastered with cement. Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by banki(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
I hear the tabs are made in osUn talking about job creaTion
I am convinced beyound doubt that osun governor is performing
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by onegig(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no wan comment but i just sometimes cant pass this?

The critical question i need supporters of this idea to answer is;

1. Is it sustainable? And how, dont just give me numbers tell me how?
2. Whats the technical know how of the teachers in osun who will anchor this program?
3. Any support program for damaged items or stolen items.
4. How many schools in osun have functional laboratories of libraries?

I heard a confirmed fact from students who have been given to append their signature that in case of damage or stolen items, students would be responsible for replacing the stolen or damaged items from their personal purse.

Same way he distributed same uniforms to all public students and within 2 months the uniforms have turned ragged and dirty due to poor quality and lack of replacement for the uniforms in the market. I dont know how you expect students to wear just a single uniform everyday from monday to friday. We should shy away from all these propaganda and face reality. There are some basic things lacking which should be tackled.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by wellmax(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Lol! Afta Oshogbo and ile-ife,which other part of Osun has civilization? Pls don't mention Ede or Ilesha.
Even inside Oshogbo,can you just mention 2 better areas after GRA where d dummy gov. lives,dada estate and ogo-oluwa/onward area. The rest are full of mud houses plastered with cement. Lmao!

and how does this affect the innovation of the State Government? Like I told you earlier, go back to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Not Forgive You, If You Wet Their Appetites - Momodu Tells Atiku / Amaechi Denies Collecting Pension From Rivers Govt / NECA Director-General, Timothy Olawale Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.