Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,274 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21772 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Very good initiative. Catch them young and fire their imagination. I like that.

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by emiye(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

So because the north and south east are breeding delinquents the south west must also join the bandwagon

What kind of reasoning is this? I thought we yorubas pride ourselves as leading in GOOD things. that was what the late sage, Awo taught us. I see the Akotiletas (prodigal sons) in ACN are hell bent on squandering that legacy as long as they amass our wealth to themselves just like their fulani friends have done in Nigeria's almost 100 year history.

We will not let that happen to us!

I will, as usual, ignore your insults.
I will continue to resist the temptation of sinking to that gutter level.

Mr PDP apologist ! Why are you so bitter? PDP is a forgone issue in the SW region.

Stop masquerading your real pain with seemingly sincere concern. Things are not the same, Forward ever backward never. Anybody who tries to draw the region backward will not witness the future !

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
emiye:

Mr PDP apologist ! Why are you so bitter? PDP is a forgone issue in the SW region.

Stop masquerading your real pain with seemingly sincere concern. Things are not the same, Forward ever backward never. Anybody who tries to draw the region backward will not witness the future !

I heartily say a big Amen to your prayer as I know it will come to pass in the lives of the ACN goons, starting with their oga on the top, Tinubu as they are slowly eraing the progressive policies and initiatives of Awolowo and the UPN governors.

BTW,
* if the guys in PDP get their acts right
* exploit the many weaknesses in Aregberascal's maladministration of teh past three years
* nominate a popular, credible and sellable candidate as well as most importantly
* protect him from ACN's death squad so he does not get the Funsho Williams treatment

they will win next year's election. QED.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:
BTW, I understand ALL their governors are also muslim except Fayemi in Ekiti state.
Quite interesting!!!

And How did that become a problem?

In 2007 when the SW had all PDP Christian Governor nko? When did Religion become an issue with governance?

Was Jakande not a Moslem,

Awolowo and Akala are Christians One is a role model for hundred years one is a shame
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu:

In 2007 when the SW had all PDP Christian Governor nko? When did Religion become an issue with governance?

Awolowo and Akala are Christians One is a role model for hundred years one is a shame

I said "quite interesting" and you interpret that to mean "a problem".
You cannot say what I did not say, or can you
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by eggheaders(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

I will wait for you to check in first then when I see how they are treating you, I might consider joining you on solidarity.
Deal

I said IF the four conditions are met, especially the last one they will win. Is that so difficult to understand
can you please be specific with aregbe maladministration please.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu:

And you believed that dude to be Yoruba?! Lol
Even the die hard devilish yoruba PDP members ain't wishing SW bad and talking ill of the region like him.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

I said "quite interesting" and you interpret that to mean "a problem".
You cannot say what I did not say, or can you

How interesting was it that All PDP SW governors were Xtian and even Osun had a Xtian-Xtian ticket ruling?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by emiye(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

I heartily say a big Amen to your prayer as I know it will come to pass in the lives of the ACN goons, starting with their oga on the top, Tinubu as they are slowly eraing the progressive policies and initiatives of Awolowo and the UPN governors.

BTW,
* if the guys in PDP get their acts right
* exploit the many weaknesses in Aregberascal's maladministration of teh past three years
* nominate a popular, credible and sellable candidate as well as most importantly
* protect him from ACN's death squad so he does not get the Funsho Williams treatment

they will win next year's election. QED.

Oh Oh !,now you are showing your PDP colour, i see you like the red color , anytime i see them in your write up, i remember blood, PDP and danger . The nobel laureate aptly described PDP as the "nest of killers" party(PDP). Are you not ashamed to be associated with this party ?

I can see you are ashamed to compare the current ACN governors to the lousy PDP governors we had in the immediate past, the best comparism you make with the ACN governors are with governors of a party that became defunct over 30 years ago (UPN). For your information one of the shining light UPN governors Lateef Jakande is still alive, and attests to the good work of the current ACN governor in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
eggheaders:

so you are now Yoruba big liar. fyi the motor boys or agbero are being curtail by various governors in the south west. when last did you hear of nurtw crisis in oyo state. with the operation burst thing all of them has been force to lay low. same the lasg is engaging some of them in agriculture and in various skill acquisition centers across the state.

So because I am not a blindly loyal supporter of the reigning lords of the south west, ACN, I am not yoruba.
I pity you.
A o le sun ki gbogbo wa ko ori si ibi kan na - We cannot all sleep and put our heads in the same direction.

You are either oblivious of what is going on in places like Mushin, Oshodi, Ajegunle etc where some places are fast becoming no-go areas fro law enforcement authorities as gangs take over. That is to be expected when the kids are not gainfully engaged in free & compulsory education and they will grow up to harrass the elites who deprived them as the Boko haram guys are doing to the northern leaders.

Meanwhile as a sovereign country, the Nigerian child is supposedly protected by rights which ought to ensure his basic needs are met. But on the contrary, these laws hardly cater for every child's education, feeding, shelter, protection and so on.

What about the classrooms where learning takes place? Although some public schools have had touch ups,others remain in a sorry state.

When a visit was made to the likes of Shokunbi and Mushin Mission Primary Schools,Mushin, it is appalling to say the conditions in which they operate baffles one. With faded coloured buildings, wooden windows,and caved in roofs, sources hinted that the schools' management have written severally to the government to come to their aid all to no avail.

Aside the leaky roofs which allows water into the classroom now that it has started raining, it was also learnt that pupils of the schools fetch water inside buckets from home to school everyday. When asked what the water was meant for, sources revealed that pupils use it in their almost non existing toilet.

But in a move to speak with the headmistress(es) of the schools who share same compound concerning the deplorable situation of the schools, she refused further comments, but said they have been instructed to direct anyone who needed information to the secretary of the Local Government.
I fend for my family - Biodun

Biodun, 11, also has his share of hardship to contend with. His wish is to become a medical doctor but for the untold hardship, he keeps wondering how his dream will come to reality. Obviously tired as a result of hawking sachets of water which had already lost its chilly nature, he sits on the floor under the scorching sun, probably whiling away time before going home.

Refusing to look into the camera, he narrates how he has to fend for his parents who are without jobs. "My name is Biodun. I'm nine years old. I school at Ajegunle and I'm in primary five. I don't go to school every day because I have to hawk pure water for my parents.

My mother is at home because she doesn't work,
but I don't know what my father does for a living. I like it whenever I see medical doctors in their uniforms saving lives. But how do I become one of them when my parents can hardly provide three square meals?"

Source

That is a narrative that is the reality for the majority of kids in today's Lagos after 14 years of Tinubu and Fashola's "progressive" administration despite increased IGR and borrowing huge sums via bonds etc.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by emiye(m): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

So because I am not a blindly loyal supporter of the reigning lords of the south west, ACN, I am not yoruba.
I pity you.
A o le sun ki gbogbo wa ko ori si ibi kan na - We cannot all sleep and put our heads in the same direction.

You are either oblivious of what is going on in places like Mushin, Oshodi, Ajegunle etc where some places are fast becoming no-go areas fro law enforcement authorities as gangs take over. That is to be expected when the kids are not gainfully engaged in free & compulsory education and they will grow up to harrass the elites who deprived them as the Boko haram guys are doing to the northern leaders.

That is a narrative that is the reality for the majority of kids in today's Lagos after 14 years of Tinubu and Fashola's "progressive" administration despite increased IGR and borrowing huge sums via bonds etc.

Lagos of 2013 is way better than that of 1999 ! Start with oshodi, mushin and Ajegunle you listed to dispute my statement!

Cry, huff, puff ... if you want, the progress must continue, true lagosians know where we are coming from, we know where we want to be, if people like you intend to stop the wheel the progress, you will not suceed, any smart individual can see through you.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
emiye:

Lagos of 2013 is way better than that of 1999 ! Start with oshodi, mushin and Ajegunle you listed to dispute my statement!

Cry, huff, puff ... if you want, the progress must continue, true lagosians know where we are coming from, we know where we want to be, if people like you intend to stop the wheel the progress, you will not suceed, any smart individual can see through you.

And it cannot be better than it is today given the resources available to Tinubu and Fashola in the last 14 years COMPARED to what was available to Jakande and Awolowo who did not even have Niger Delta oil revenue to start with in the 1950s

Those who want to be satisfied with mediocity (average performance) are free to do so.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
The havoc Pdp has caused SW is enough to return the whole region to stone age.

Thank God it wasn't too late before the progressives got in.
A visit to any SW state should convince an unbiased person that those presently in the helm of affairs are thinkers and very good administrator.

The two terms(8 years) spent by Ladoja and Akala in Oyo under PDP wasn't as productive as the two and half years Ajumobi has spent in governing Oyo.

Oyinlola spent seven and half years in Osun without anything tangible to point to as his achievement. Imaging building 6 stadia in Osun state!
Osun wan host Olympic ni abi wetin?! Very vissionless fellow.

As productive and civilized Ogun state people are, PDP couldn't provide them with a common flyover in eight years not to mention roads and other necessary amenities. The quality and quantity of road construction going on in Ogun presently is amazing, a visit should help Thomases.

Thanks to Mimiko for bringing Ondo back to life. The whole of Ondo was another unkempt state despite its resources under Pdp.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ufeolorun(m): 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

And you believed that dude to be Yoruba?! Lol
Even the die hard devilish yoruba PDP members ain't wishing SW bad and talking ill of the region like him.
Yeah, I think it's quite easy to spot some of these jokers. They consistently:
Rant about fulani none existent Oligarchy.(A pre-june 12 state of mind,likely to be exhibited by new comers to national politics)
Prancing around threads with "believe me,I am Yoruba" badge
Injecting Yoruba terms and words into sentences just to appear real.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
As productive and civilized Ogun state people are, PDP couldn't provide them with a common flyover in eight years not to mention roads and other necessary amenities. The quality and quantity of road construction going on in Ogun presently is amazing, a visit should help Thomases.

You can continue your focus on the PHYSICAL infrastructures without making sure the children are educated. It will only result in almajiri like situation in the south west.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dammytosh: 11:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
Opon Imo ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Clueless leaders with clueless sycophants as followers.

Some eeediots went to china to import tablets and sell to Osun State Government by force to make some cool cash legally off tax payer's money.

Of what use is that useless tablet to students in secondary school and how is buying and distributing sovenirs a laudable project.

And listen to the name --- Opon Imo shocked shocked shocked

Reasons i can't entrust Nigeria into Tinubu's hand , sorry OPC's hands. ACN can only be relevant in a country ruled by PDP. What a party full of jokers.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
emiye:

Oh Oh !,now you are showing your PDP colour, i see you like the red color , anytime i see them in your write up, i remember blood, PDP and danger . The nobel laureate aptly described PDP as the "nest of killers" party(PDP). Are you not ashamed to be associated with this party ?

So Gbawe is also a PDP guy or he probably understand that ACN has its "nest of killrs" as well?
Which one is it?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 11:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ufeolorun:
Yeah, I think it's quite easy to spot some of these jokers. They consistently:
Rant about fulani none existent Oligarchy.(A pre-june 12 state of mind,likely to be exhibited by new comers to national politics)
Prancing around threads with "believe me,I am Yoruba" badge
Injecting Yoruba terms and words into sentences just to appear real.

Lol... SW folks should understand that these people can be so desperate in achieving their aim of painting any progress from SW bad or insignificant just like a mod(one of them) unknowly exibited at the first page of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

You can continue your focus on the PHYSICAL infrastructures without making sure the children are educated. It will only result in almajiri like situation in the south west.

Already shifting your obsession to education when you've been shown the physical development taking place in SW. Lwkm...
If I may ask, what's the summary of this thread?! Isn't it about development of children education in the State of Osun?! Lol.
Mr. Yoruba wanna be, it's like you're more confused and deluded than T.A. Orji.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by emiye(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2013
anonimi:

And it cannot be better than it is today given the resources available to Tinubu and Fashola in the last 14 years COMPARED to what was available to Jakande and Awolowo who did not even have Niger Delta oil revenue to start with in the 1950s

Those who want to be satisfied with mediocity (average performance) are free to do so.

Mr PDP, As at 2013, Lagos state runs with a 3billion US dollars annual budget for 18 million people. meaning 167us dollar budget pa capita

Since you know so much about Jakande , prove to me for any of this years (1979-1983) Lagos state had less than 167 us dollar budget pa capita, I will register with PDP in my ward..
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by emiye(m): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2013
anonimi:

So Gbawe is also a PDP guy or he probably understand that ACN has its "nest of killrs" as well?
Which one is it?
What are you rambling about ? From your statement you admit PDP is a nest of killers, and you are now trying so hard to paint the ACN party with your party's "red" colour. Who knows you might be one of PDP's hit men.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by kobenol(m): 1:08am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Like i said in another thread a few months back, this initiative is very expensive especially for a state like Osun that is not oil driven. It's sustenance is what worries me. There are better ways to give students access to whatever learning curve that's not so expensive. Let's take it one step at a time.

But one thing i like most about Aregbesola is his nack for making his governance an Africanist one. These are the kind of people we need as leaders in Africa as their leadership has that African feel to it.
Very well on point. But I don't quite believe it would be greatly expensive as presumed though.
Ekiti provides its Senior Secondary pupils with 10" Samsung solar netbooks...NO COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHERS in a bulk of the schools...I quite know this as a Serving Corps Member in one of its LG.
What a wasteful unsustainable development?? And Yes! those kids annoyingly care so less about the netbooks, even damage it, it's so not of benefit to them. The state itself doesnt have a program in place for it. Though the kids pay school fees..NO FREE EDUCATION in Ekiti!
Having "digested" the info on http://www.opon-imo.com Osun is visionary indeed!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 1:35am On Jun 04, 2013
Will Ipon Sokoto get signal in my victoria i-land man shaun?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 1:41am On Jun 04, 2013

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Gbawe: 2:49am On Jun 04, 2013
anonimi:

Which one is it?

Have you finally lost it completely? I knew this day was near considering your anti-ACN rants were getting more rabid by the minute. Like many have told you before, you really cannot be someone who means well for the SW when you malign the ACN 24/7 while supporting the "nest of killers" blindly.

Everyone, bar PDP crooks, agree that the SW is now far better under the ACN than when it was under the gangsterism of the PDP. I can even abide Labour fans criticising the ACN because it can be argued that their Governor is performing. The constant and bitter criticism of the ACN coming from you, with your blind support for a Party that wreaked havoc on the SW, are like a man (you) praising and supporting the rap1st (PDP) of his daughter (the SW). Try, along with your fellow enemies of progress, to knock this initiative as much as you want but it is a laudable project by every account that actually saves money in the long run. Absolutely fantastic project and the United Nation thinks so as well to the extent they are looking at this as potential harmonised West African education scheme. Shame on you enemies of progress who can never ever shun negativity to simply give credit where due and move on.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=103283

Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4 billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs – Aregbesola
The State of Osun on Monday took a giant step in its effort to tackle mass illiteracy and ease learning process in senior secondary schools across the state with the launch of Opon Imo.

STUDENTS IN OSUN DISPLAYING COMPUTER TABLETS DISTRIBUTED ACROSS THE STATE
Opon Imo also known as the tablet of knowledge is an e-learning device, the first if its kind in Nigeria provided by the state government to equip students with knowledge and make it easier for them to pass school leaving certificates examination.
According to the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, the journey of the electronic device adapted for education purpose, was conceived in 2011.
He revealed that Opon Imo specifically meant for senior secondary students, will help ease the challenge of external examination and it will also save the state about N8.4 billion annually in textbook procurement costs.
The Governor also stated that the device will ease the students of carrying loaded backpacks of books which according to research result in back pains for the students.
Opon Imo is a standalone, educational, multimedia e-learning content platform that comes with pre-loaded applications for WAEC and JAMB approved text books.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=103222

OPON IMO IS AN INVESTMENT FOR AFRICA’S ROBUST FUTURE- UNITED NATIONS
* UNICEF to support Aregbesola’s education drive
* Opon Imo to be adopted for West African education/learning systems
-by Rasheed Mabayoje

Opon Imo scholars
The United Nations, through one of it’s Development Agencies- UNESCO has expressed support for the efforts of the Rauf Aregbesola administration in repositioning education in Osun.
Professor, Hassana Alidou- Director and Country Representative of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation UNICEF, made this known in Osogbo, Sunday during an international media chat.
The media chat was one of the preludes to the official launch of the new learning device- Opon Imo that the Osun Government is distributing to 150,000 senior public secondary students across the state.
Professor Halidou charged African leaders to rise to the ocassion of modern technology, especially in the development of children in the continent. She said it has become imperative to introduce ICT into all sectors, especially in the education of the children- whom she said would administer their countries in the future. She added that the continent does not have a choice; especially within the global economy trends. “We cannot expect, knowing that ICT is here to stay… We are going into global economy, which is driven by technology; if at early age children do not use technology to learn, it is not when they become adult, and they are required to work competently; to be technologically competent that we are going to ask the company to teach them how to use ICT in order to become efficient”, said the UNICEF Officer-in-Charge in Nigeria.
Alidou said the UN organisation will adopt Opon Imo as one of the major tools of its West African regional harmonisation efforts in Education- “using the curriculum that is integrated in the Tablet of knowledge, we can look at how to achieve our regional harmonisation, because WAEC is a regional organisation- and many countries are going towards harmonisation. Not just harmonisation of education, but harmonisation of learning, and harmonisation of examination.
“So we will look at how it will be possible; how the use of Table of Knowledge not only in Osun but in other countries, can allow us to harmonise education in the region.”

According to the UN agent in Nigeria, UNICEF as one of the United Nations Development Agencies- UNDA, picked interest in the Opon Imo project at the instance it was officially mentioned by Governor Aregbesola; and developments around it are being observed.
She expressed optimism that going by the observations, it is clear that the Opon Imo learning devise is currently an important learning material needed today to prepare a solid future for the African continent.- “So we see that the time to train the highly qualified adult of tomorrow is today. And this (Opon Imo) is an investment for now and the future. And we believe that it is a model of innovation that we are very much following, monitoring so that we can look at the result”, she said.

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by koruji(m): 3:07am On Jun 04, 2013
This is why the SW must keep pursuing its own agenda within or without Nigeria.
I cannot believe there are actually people in Nigeria that will speak [size=14pt]evil [/size]of this initiative.
PDP does not care about Nigerians - all they want is the so-called "power".
They forget that power without service is actually "powerlessness".

Gbawe:
Have you finally lost it completely? I knew this day was near considering your anti-ACN rants were getting more rabid by the minute. Like many have told you before, you really cannot be someone who means well for the SW when you malign the ACN 24/7 while supporting the "nest of killers" blindly.

Everyone, bar PDP crooks, agree that the SW is now far better under the ACN than when it was under the gangsterism of the PDP. I can even abide Labour fans criticising the ACN because it can be argued that their Governor is performing. The constant and bitter criticism of the ACN coming from you, with your blind support for a Party that wreaked havoc on the SW, are like a man (you) praising and supporting the rap1st (PDP) of his daughter (the SW). Try, along with your fellow enemies of progress, to knock this initiative as much as you want but it is a laudable project by every account that actually saves money in the long run. Absolutely fantastic project and the United Nation thinks so as well to the extent they are looking at this as potential harmonised West African education scheme. Shame on you enemies of progress who can never ever shun negativity to simply give credit where due and move on.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=103283

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=103222

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by koruji(m): 3:11am On Jun 04, 2013
Educate yourself and stop being a jester.
Where did you buy your brain?
You need a refund !!!

dammytosh: Opon Imo ?

Clueless leaders with clueless sycophants as followers.

Some eeediots went to china to import tablets and sell to Osun State Government by force to make some cool cash legally off tax payer's money.

Of what use is that useless tablet to students in secondary school and how is buying and distributing sovenirs a laudable project.

And listen to the name --- Opon Imo shocked shocked shocked

Reasons i can't entrust Nigeria into Tinubu's hand , sorry OPC's hands. ACN can only be relevant in a country ruled by PDP. What a party full of jokers.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:16am On Jun 04, 2013
If only retardeen is smart, nothing stops him from adopting this nationally or are we saying that Nigeria doesn't have the resources?
However, politics won't allow

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Peter Obi Slams Tinubu, Says 2023 Presidency Is Not The Turn Of Anybody / FG Will Not Name, Shame Terrorism Financiers - AGF, Lateef Fagbemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.