Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,469 members, 7,801,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Jesus The Perfect Leader - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus The Perfect Leader (1565 Views)

Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher / Happy Easter! What Should Be The Perfect Response? / Jesus: The Son Of God, Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus The Perfect Leader by dafizee: 5:16pm On May 17, 2006
Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Feel honoured to serve such a Leader who loves us.
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by DaHitler(m): 5:19pm On May 17, 2006
The message of Jesus has led to the death of more people than any other ideology. While he (does he even exist?) might not have carried out any heinous acts, his message fueled the murder of hundreds of millions. Good person? Maybe. Perfect leader? Impossible!
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Ajisafe: 5:22pm On May 17, 2006
The message of Jesus has led to the death of more people than any other ideology. While he (does he even exist?) might not have carried out any heinous acts, his message fueled the murder of hundreds of millions. Good person? Maybe. Perfect leader? Impossible!

LOL!
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Seun(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2006
He was always berating his disciples and calling them "hard of hearing".
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by kimba(m): 5:59pm On May 17, 2006
@Afeni
you need repentance, a serious one.

But you know something: youve got a look-alike in the Bible. His name was "Saul". When God cornered him, his life was changed and he became "Paul", and was most dynamically used by God. I pray that one day you'll be able to tell us the story of your salvation:

Acts chapter 26
9I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

12Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

15And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
I say Amen for Afeni.
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by neelsel(f): 6:53pm On May 17, 2006
Kimba thank you so much for such an enlightening post. Jesus has done so much for us, he died a horrible death to ensure our salvation, yet people are not appreciative. I am so happy that Feni was able to make the declaration that thousands have died as a result of Jesus, that should speak some volume of his importance. After all if He was a 'no body' people would not have been killed on his behalf.
Just continue to pray for the unsaved. All the best!!
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by GL(f): 4:29am On Aug 18, 2006
No, the message of Jesus doesn't lead anyone to kill. It is the perversion of His message that does that. He teaches love for enemies, forgiveness. He loved and cared for His disciples.

It is to be expected that even though Christians see Him as the Perfect Leader, many non-christians would see Him as something else. But then, I can imagine that the name "Jesus" conjures different images in our minds.
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
[size=13pt]Jesus the false teacher sad[/size]
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Maykelly(f): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2009
dafizee:

Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Feel honoured to serve such a Leader who loves us.

Lord Jesus we Love You so dearly.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Forever Your Lord! Master of the Universe
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
[size=13pt]One of the things that fundamentalist Christians find disturbing about the world is the existence of cults.
Cult leaders are said to be self centered and egotistical because they require complete obedience and conformity to whatever agenda the leader has in mind. On top of this, cult leaders tend to divide people into two groups, those who are members of the cult and those who aren't. Those who don't accept the agenda and views of the cult leader are often vilified and declared enemies of the group.
Cult leaders also try to separate children from their parents and create a division between them which often results in total isolation and rejection of the parental influence. Cult leaders will also promise great rewards to their followers for their sacrifice to the cult service.
Christians can often be found issuing warnings about the evils of cult environments and the destructive influence they can have on the minds of emotionally and economically stressed people. Cults are said to create an atmosphere of extremely negative attitudes because the cult leader replaces God, parents, and the very mind of an individual with the personal agenda and views of the cult leader.
The cult mentality with all its ramifications is said to spawn horrible fanatical movements and produces petty, self-serving, egotistical and often power hungry leaders who wish to manipulate and control others.
All these points and observations about cults ring true in the minds of objective people.
However, what is ignored by Christians is that their Lord and Savior, Jesus, exhibited exactly the same traits that zealous cult leaders do. Christians will close their eyes to the same things they find so disturbing in other cult leaders.
This is understandable to some extent because Christianity is above all else, a religion that promotes itself through aggressive advertising and the unquestioning submission to a superficial God? angry
[/size]
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Maykelly(f): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2009
May kelly:

Lord Jesus we Love You so dearly. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Forever Your Lord! Master of the Universe

Always you are Lord Jesus. You declared No Holy war no Evil war smiley smiley
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by grace5: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
The Dawn of Jesus
-----

Jesus is a special Lord. The one and only. While I was praying this morning for my children and my family, I found that the Lord came to me and said, "Get up!" So, when I started to try to get up, I just couldn't find the strength in my body.

He kind of laughed at me and said, "Get up!" He meant in the Spirit. So I got up (in the Spirit) and stood beside my Lord and Master and my Friend.

He said, "Do you see what I see?" I didn't see very well, so I said, "Lord, help me to see what you see."

He moved his hands across my eyes, like removing cobwebs, and all of a sudden I could see perfectly. I had seen before that we were in a valley, and it was dark as night. The sun was trying to rise, but I couldn't see the light until he brushed the cobwebs from my eyes.

Then I saw it over and over again. The light was rising on the world, and the night was receding. Jesus said to me, "I am the light of the world. Until I came, the entire world was shrouded in darkness. They could see the light, but just like light below the horizon, they could not see where it was coming from and had no way to get to it."

"The people of this world are shrouded in night and darkness. It is in their nature to be dark. But when I came, I brought my light into the world. It shed its light across the whole earth and the shadows fled."

"Why do you think I allowed the darkness to survive?" I didn't answer, knowing I would get a far better one than I could come up with in a moment's notice or ever.

"Because it defines the light. Without the darkness, the light is ill-defined. It illuminates everything, but you have nothing to compare its glory with. Now that we have compared it to the filthy darkness of the world, my glory (and God's glory) is magnified."

"The time is coming when I will no longer need the darkness, and then it will be utterly destroyed. It has already fled from my presence, and it is in its last hiding places now. What you perceive on earth as a gigantic move of the Enemy, is really him reeling in panic and falling backward. Ever backward. His "moves" are merely counterstrokes in crevices. His "attacks" are merely you and your brethren walking into his canyons and gullies where my light has not yet advanced."

"STAY AWAY from the influences of the Enemy, and his influence in your life (other than to destroy it in this world) is over. There will be many hearing this who will lose their lives for my sake. But by losing their lives for my sake, they will find it in me. And in the process my light will be advanced and the darkness will be utterly destroyed."

"My light is advancing on this world. The time is short. The caves are being demolished. The crevices are being filled. MY pure light, will illumine the world. MY pure light is the Dawn of Salvation and the End of Human Suffering."

Praise you Jesus!! In your Name, Lord.
Amen.

-- D
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Abuzola(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
I see jesus as a coward
Luke 12:51-53
jesus said 'do you think that i have come to give peace on earth ?. No, i tell you, but rather division. For henceforth, in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three, they will be divided father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against her mother, mother in law against her daughter inlaw and daughter in law against her mother inlaw'
Re: Jesus The Perfect Leader by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
[size=13pt] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry is a Coward and a Great Disease.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong In Making Profit Doing Church Work? / Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? / Pastor Adeboye Last Son To Wed In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.