Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,461 members, 7,781,334 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) (4569 Views)

Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For / Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / What's The English Name Of This Fruit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Emmyk(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
I have grown to know this edible melon thingy among Yagba People (Yorubas in Kogi State). After preparation, you break the cover into two (like groundnut) and eat the stuff inside.

I was "taking it down" tis' afternoon and it dawn on me that I dont even know the English name ever since I was eating it (since childhood)..

Does it mean it's cant be found outside Nigeria?

We call it Itoo (pronunced like : He-tow ), in Yagba.

And Ilorin people call it Itowo. .
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Emmyk(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
My upload aint loading.. Still trying

Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Emmyk(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ha! Here we are.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by belljohn: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
That's how I got here too. Looking for what its called
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Emmyk(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
belljohn:
That's how I got here too. Looking for what its called
cheesy
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2018
Never seen or heared of it before.
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by lordsanti(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2019
So does it mean that no one knows the name of this thing...
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by armyofone(m): 11:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Pumpkin seed ?
Re: What Is The English Name Of This Edible Stuff??? (picture) by Probz(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2019
Beniseed.

(1) (Reply)

Moi-moi Recipe / If You Are From Abia State, Then You Would Be Familiar With These Foods. Pics / Zoborodo (aka) Zobo Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.