Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,507 members, 7,801,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Will Our Children Become What We Are? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Our Children Become What We Are? (719 Views)

Should Our Children's Cartoon Encourage Homosexuality?(photo) / Teaching Our Children The Sense Of Gratitude. / My Wife Is Now Totally For Our Children, Gives Me Little Or No Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Our Children Become What We Are? by deasy(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dear Niaralanders/Parents in here,

Please,i really need your views do you agree with this word...your children will become what you are?
I came across some quotes on this when surfing the internet,read them below;

"Parents who are afraid to put their foot down usually have children who step on their toes." – Chinese Proverb

"Parents can tell but never teach, unless they practice what they preach." -Arnold Glaso

"Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother." - Rose Kennedy

"Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners." - Author Unknown

"Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you." - Robert Fulghum

"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself." - Joyce Maynard

"To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while." - Josh Billings

"Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be." - David Bly

"Lectures often confuse our kids, but the example we set is crystal clear." - Zig Ziglar, Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World

"Adults teach children in three important ways: The first is by example, the second is by example, the third is by example." - Albert Schweitzer

"Don't point your finger to the heights your children should go. Start climbing and they will follow." - Wilfred A. Peterson...etc

Reading this quotes i was touched and at the same time worried, i learned that we parents are like MIRROR and books [/b]to our children,they read and watch us.

[b]QUESTION:

If they are reading or watching us,will they be like us or exactly like us?
Have seen many children whose lifestyle is different from that of their parent...they ain't like their parent.
So,feel free to give your own thought/views

Re: Will Our Children Become What We Are? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Then amend ur ways
Re: Will Our Children Become What We Are? by deasy(m): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Then amend ur ways
i got you...thanks!

(1) (Reply)

103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride (picture) / Caged Live Vs The Wild Life As A Growing Child Which Is Better / My Pet Dog, Dialo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.