Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. (2483 Views)

Reddish, Watery And Itchy Skin Around The Groin(Inner Waist) Of A Male / Help For Itchy Arm-pits / Itchy Nipples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by ovalrose(f): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2013
Please,any dermatologists in the house? I need help. I suddenly developed a strange skin allergy early last month. Strange,because the source of the allergen is unknown. When it starts,i itch like crazy,and my skin swells and reddens. It comes anytime at all: in cold,in heat. And affects all my body including my palms and soles of my feet. This thing is threatening to embarass me in public cause i can't resist scratching. Please,people,can i be helped? Im at the end of my rope.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by tomalter26: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2013
The dry itchy skin usually occurs on the heels, hands and elbows. Applying coconut oil on these skin areas can result in much improvement. You can also apply mill on the dry itchy skin patch for 5 minutes. Milk has anti-inflammatory properties that often remove the itch from dry skin.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by ovalrose(f): 9:41am On Jun 05, 2013
@tomalter,no,no,you misunderstand me. It's not a patch type of thing. It just starts up. Anytime,anywhere. I'm allergic to something,but i don't know what it is.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by mummyf(f): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
I am having the same issues and I have had it for almost 2 yrs.even right nOw, the sole of my feet is swollen.am even tired of going to docs cos they only give drugs which make it subside a little bit but when I stop d drug, the itching and swelling comes back
I don't know what I am allergic to, I have tried to trace it but couldnt find anything.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by ovalrose(f): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2013
My God,am i going to have to resign to it?
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by camrygmail: 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Since it started recently I suggest u pay attention to what is New in ur environment. Perfume ,food ,drinks detergent or deodorant.

Hydrocortisone 1% cream can offer some relief .
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by VENUSS(f): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ovalrose, I have suffered this allergy in the past too. It usually happens during raining season and when I change environment. I honestly don't know how it stopped. You should go see a doctor , run some blood test.
I can remember been given predisolone/ priton during those period or loratyn or so. See ur doctor.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by mummyf(f): 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
The only thing I noticed was that it was when we change apartments dat I started noticing it. I do not have any plants around d house. I don't really use perfume, creams. No new food or drinks. I have tried isolating foods but still not getting results.docs gave me prednisolone and laratadine, but as soon as I stop the drugs it comes back and since I am TTC I had to stop taking them.I don't even know if it affects my fertility tho docs say it doesn't.I have not been able to get d hydrocortisone cream,pls where can I get it? U just confirmed what someone told me that it helps.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by ovalrose(f): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2013
Like mummyf said,i have not been exposed to anything new. I'm sure of it. I have also screened my food,water,environment and all. I will have to try the hydrocortisone cream. Thank you all for caring. I am wholly grateful.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by roymary: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Did you find help?
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by ovalrose(f): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2013
Oh yeah,@roymary. I found out i was pregnant and the itch was a way of informing me smiley thanks for your concern.
Re: Help! Im Suffering From An Itchy Skin. by CArt(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
ovalrose: Oh yeah,@roymary. I found out i was pregnant and the itch was a way of informing me smiley thanks for your concern.

Safely shall you deliver,shout AMEN. grin

(1) (Reply)

Hypertension.a Must Read! Why Die In Silence. / More Trouble Hits Kano, COVID19 Invades Igbo Community, Secret Burials / Share The Funny News You Got About Ebola Virus This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.