Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

He Deceived Me Into Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Deceived Me Into Marriage (2910 Views)

..... / Guys, Ever Been Deceived By A Lady's Profile Picture? Share Your Experiences / My Girlfriend Deceived Me With Her Fake Identical Twin Sister [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Deceived Me Into Marriage by olymurphy(f): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2013
I am in my 40s, a second wife and stepmother to four children. Sincerely, whenI met my husband in Port-Harcourt, I didn't know he had a wife, let alone having children.
He gave me the impression that he was single. Although, I wasn't desperate for marriage, something about him communicated itself to me and before I knew it, I was pregnant. He didn't take me to any of his family members and when I mounted pressure on him as to when we would get married, he kept telling me soon.
My mother and siblings didn't like the arrangement one bit. They never liked him from the beginning for reason that became obvious to me later. From the day I introduced him to my mother, she told me to investigate him that he looked like a married man. When I protested that he wasn't, she asked why he wasn't married at that age. Irritated at what I termed undue interference, I told my mother to let my man and I be. That she should be happy that I was at least considering marriage,given the fact that all my younger ones were already married.
She wisely kept quiet but not before telling me that I would regret my decision.
I had a set of female twins. Still nobody came from his side to see me.
I also noticed that at a particular time of the day, he would either call a number or when some calls came in, he would excuse himself toanswer the calls. Whenever I asked him who he was calling or those calling him, he would tell me they were his business partners. He also didn't spend weekends or public holidays with me. He would always find an excuse to travel out of town. To keep me quiet, he brought some people home, he introduced as his parents. They apologised for their son's behaviour, went to see my people and chose a date for the wedding ceremony.
Two weeks after, they came with more people,paid my bride price and performed other marriage traditions. I was happy at the turn of events. Still my mother's attitude towards him didn't change. She kept insisting that what we did was fraud. She accused me of deliberately ignoring all warning signs because of fear of what I might find out should I investigate further. It was partly true. Despite the wedding, certain things still bothered me. Things got to a head during his annual leave last year. He deliberately kept the information from me but I found out when a friend of his called to know if he would be travelling duringhis leave.
It was through his friend I knew about the leave. I was shocked he didn't tell me about the leave but only informed me of his pending official journey to Yola for eight weeks. When Idemanded to know what he was up to, he said it was a working leave and that he has some unfinished assignments in Yola.
He left the next day without informing me of where exactly he was going to in Yola. He called later that day to inform me that he had arrived Yola and that he would be proceeding to a village where he cannot be reached. He promised to call me whenever he could.
Four weeks passed before he called to ask after his children and to know if we were okay. I told him we were missing him. He didn't bother to call until he came back. Naturally, I was livid with anger. I also did some investigations and discovered he wasn't on any working leave. That was all I got from his office.
None of them volunteered any more information. As a matter of fact, the secretary told me to go back home and wait for my husband, that she was only his secretary not his keeper.
It was too much for me to tolerate. So when he came I demanded to know what was happening, why he doesn't spend time with the children and I. He told me he was working hard to ensure we did not suffer in future.
Just before Christmas, I discovered I was pregnant again. When I told him, he was happy. I naively thought the news would keep him at home but, again, he told me he was travelling. Hurt, I told him we would all go together. That if he thought he would spend another Xmas away from home, he should have a rethink.
I locked us all in, threw the key out of the window during the period. I also damaged hissim card. I disconnected the land line so that he will not be able to call anybody to set him free from the prison I turned our home into. Although, I hid an extra key under the rug in our room, we spent Xmas in our apartment as my prisoner. He was angry; almost hitting me but I was past caring. It wasn't an ideal situation but it was better than nothing. At least, the children were happy to have their father at home.
That incident exposed my husband and shattered my world.
On the 31st of December, my world cracked with the arrival of a woman and four beautiful teenagers, two boys and girls.
I didn't need anyone to tell me who they were.Looking at the girls, it was like looking at my own set of twins. I told them to come in and went into the room to call my husband, who was too scared to come and confront his predicament.
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by olymurphy(f): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Strangely, I was calm throughout the ordeal of being beaten up by the other woman, called names by her and thrown out. Though the children didn't join her, all telling her to stop misbehaving, my husband who initially was pleading with her, later summoned the courage to redeem whatever pride he had left.
It was a long while before sanity returned. Sheapologised for her temper but it didn't erase the mess I have found myself in. He has since relocated to Lagos. The people he brought to my family were hired.
Although he sends money, bought the house in pot-Harcourt for me, comes to spend the weekends with us, my mother is piling pressure on me to quit the marriage; that it is wrong to marry another woman's husband.
But my husband is insisting he won't let me go. I have attempted to terminate the pregnancy but it failed.
What do I do now? Your help is urgently needed.

http://m.naij.com/news/35999.html
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2013
I can't give any advice ATM, but am enjoying d story.. Would love to hear more!

Thanks in anticipation
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2013
Ijogz K: I can't give any advice ATM, but am enjoying d story.. Would love to hear more!

Thanks in anticipation

You spoke my mind bro.

This movie go sweet die.
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
another superstory from the stables of 419th century FVCKS, if this story is true the obj is boning beyonce[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Monicasque(f): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
difficult situation to find yourself in. Most hurting is that you are even both from Nigeria. I have heard of such stories between our men and the woman they find when they go abroad. Worse now again beause there are even kids involved. Maybe you should just continue with the current arrangement forever unless you are willing to be a single mom because at your age it will be hard to find a life partner who will even love you together with the kids or you can just choose to go solo
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by mecussey(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
He deceived u bc you were desperate and that is it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by chuckdee4(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
Anything you do from now on should be in the best interest of your kids.
You made a mistake but the kids should not be made to suffer because of that mistake.

It's a difficult situation to be in because going by what I said above it might involve you having to deal with this guy but there must be a way you can have him in your childrens lives but not yours

1 Like

Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by specialguest(f): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ijogz K: I can't give any advice ATM, but am enjoying d story.. Would love to hear more!

Thanks in anticipation

Lols after I read your comment, I had to go back and read the story again before I realised it was indeed a movie.
If truly the woman is in such a mess she would not even have the time to solicit for advise from unanimous people. Nice read anyway.
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by jmoore(m): 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is just a story, no advice is needed.
Watch out for part 2.
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
chuckdee4: Anything you do from now on should be in the best interest of your kids.
You made a mistake but the kids should not be made to suffer because of that mistake.

It's a difficult situation to be in because going by what I said above it might involve you having to deal with this guy but there must be a way you can have him in your childrens lives but not yours

You have said it all sir!I don't know and wud never be saddened when I have kids that I call my own because of a stupid father.To me the pride of a woman should be motherhood.You got your house and kids,don't burder terminating the last.They are going to be the shoulders for your weary head and wipes for your tears.Remember with them,the future holds so much promises....Forget the man.
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
Keeping my inexperience in my pocket and walking away, wish you best of luck kiss

1 Like

Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Godson201333(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is just an action film,,,,Please insert disc 2
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by AtheistD(m): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Godson201333: This is just an action film,,,,Please insert disc 2

You mean disc 5. Lol grin grin grin

Why doesnt nollywood use dual layer DVDs or BLuray... or even DVD? Why is it still Vcd?
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
The deed or mistake is done already... U refuse to see the tell tale signs that he is married, u were honestly carried away with the desperation of wanting to get married... Which is not a crime or a bad thing but yur simply human .....and a human being who has fallen deep into her fears... Don't even think of leaving the marriage, due to your kids.. At least for their sakes, stay married to their dad, u owe them , that much..and yur husband still loves you, unlike some monogamous homes, where the only wife in the man's life feel ignored, unloved and uncared for ...u have chosen this path so pls stick with it to the end and be understanding to your husband tight situation.. A lot of men married more than one wife, some can handle the women perfectly well... While some cannot... There's no perfect man out there.. And there's no assurance, u will have a single unmarried guy or divorce guy that would want to take u , in with your three children, love and care for them , like his own...so stick with their dad and manage the hurdles ahead. sad
That's why, am always wary dating older men who are so vague about taking one to their homes, always giving vague excuses... Like a 36yr old guy saying due to the fact he wants to build his own house, he is still staying with his parents and can't take me to where he stays, due to another fact that he can't disrespect his family.......and just invite a babe home...I was like ? shocked do u think yur in your 20s' ?dont u know yur overgrown , to even have a wife and at least 2 kids at this age...and yur saying this!...oh c'mon ! It's not like we are going to yur house for a s3x romp, so chill out!.... Do I look daft or what? So where do we meet?
He then says, either his frnd's place or joints sad...
Then u ask such age range of guys, what kind of work do u do? They always have a vague answer to dish out... Am a businessman, what kind of business? They will mumble something underneath their breath and change d topic immediately.... sad...
So so shady angry....
As for me, immediately I see all these signs and some other signs, I will quickly withdraw.... Abeg no time dulling or falling into 2nd , 3rd or even 4th wife category sad... I don't need that kind of hassles....
Op, abeg manage yur situation... You are not the first, neither will u be the last one to fall into such traps...at least, he still married to his first wife.... Just deal with it and take Gud care of yur kids..
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by WorldwarIII: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
How can u come to "teenage-land" for advice?
I'm always amazed wen I see people bring very serious personal and sensitive marital issues to this forum seeking for advice.
Majority of the peeps here are teenagers and largely immature.. All wat wrote is to them bullshit! They just wanna have fun wit every topic u bring on! Madam, pls see a professional marriage counsellor/pastor..
May God guide you also...
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Mynd44: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2013
**singing**
This is superstory

1 Like

Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by nsodo: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2013
Ohh No, Its over!!!! i was still enjoying it
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 05, 2013
Lol i only read the first and the last paragraph
Re: He Deceived Me Into Marriage by CMGO(f): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2013
Quit the marriage, you are an intruder. The bible condemns it.

(1) (Reply)

If You Want True Love And Affection, Say No To Beautiful Girls / A Romantic Tale: Between Love, Aristo & Marriage.....must Read / Why Is Sex Chat Common Nowadays ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.