Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? (14586 Views)

Novel Readers(nora Robert,dan Brown,daniel Steele,sydney Sheldon) / Where Can I Buy Lost Symbol By Dan Brown? / Have You Been Thrilled By Dan Brown's Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Caracta(f): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2013
Adimonyemma: Please, help a brother in need nowwwwww...... Am begging... Dan brown's infernooooooooooooooooo....

You can PM me your e-mail address.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Adimonyemma: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Can u please help me out wit a link to a site I can download d book from
davidifeanyi13@gmail.com
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Caracta(f): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2013
Adimonyemma: Can u please help me out wit a link to a site I can download d book from
davidifeanyi13@gmail.com

Check mail
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Adimonyemma: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tnks dear
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by adexsimply(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Adimonyemma: 7:08am On Jul 23, 2013
Ya she has bro.... Can i also mail u a list of novels i need (chai! I no... Am anoda Oliver Twist... No mind me jare) cn u send me ur email addy? Mine is
davidifeanyi13@gmail.com
tnks
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by lovekillz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ adexsimply I saw your mail thanks so much.you didn't add the following ;
sword of truth series.
The divine comedy.
Mario puzo's novel.
E-mail:Seunses@yahoo.co.uk
please the divine comedy and sword of truth is of main interest to me.
Thanks
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Adimonyemma: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
love_killz: @ adexsimply I saw your mail thanks so much.you didn't add the following ;
sword of truth series.
The divine comedy.
Mario puzo's novel.
Thanks
same here
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Adimonyemma: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
love_killz: @ adexsimply I saw your mail thanks so much.you didn't add the following ;
sword of truth series.
The divine comedy.
Mario puzo's novel.
Thanks
same here
well, in addition, JK Rowling's books except d Harry Potter series
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by lovekillz(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
@ adexsimply thank u so much. . Am so greatful.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by kraftykc(m): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2013
I am so glad you guys enjoy these books. After a reading them for my formative years I avoid them like a plague now. Though the "Song of Fire and Ice" series was sublime and amazing, the only people I keep after these days are Jeffery Archer, Frederick Forsyth and pilot training materials.

No time to check time
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by kraftykc(m): 4:09am On Jul 26, 2013
sword of truth series.
The divine comedy.
Mario puzo's novel.
Thanks

Omo my advice is not to bother with the Divine comedy. Not only is it written in a epically boring style, every line is imbued with references that only a hardcopy book would explain. Reading the e copy will be like journeying through hot coals

1 Like

Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Parisfran(f): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Inferno is the worst Dan Brown novel ever and having read all his novels apart from Digital Fortress I believe I know what I am talking about. Reading that book 3/4 of the way all I could say was, classical Dan brown....cliche cliche, nothing impressive. The only chapter out of over 100 chapters of that book that is worth reading and calling good is the one when they told Langdon that the entire hospital scene was just acting, that was the only part that made me smile. Dan Brown really disappointed me.

2 Likes

Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by decepticos(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
kraftykc: I am so glad you guys enjoy these books. After a reading them for my formative years I avoid them like a plague now. Though the "Song of Fire and Ice" series was sublime and amazing, the only people I keep after these days are Jeffery Archer, Frederick Forsyth and pilot training materials.

No time to check time
i do apologize for going off topic but i recall there was a fotsyth dat had something to do in southeast nigeria during d civil war-i may be wrong- please enlighten me. The thing about inferno is that i had seen an animated version by electronic arts and it was a bit bloody worse than bleach and close to blood c+ and SnK, but was robert langdon was put in the picture it (inferno) became an over anticipated bore, not meeting my expectation at the least. It was a good read though but not what i expected, it was a bit too predictable.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by lovekillz(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
@kraftykc i will keep that in mind .
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
Paris-fran:
Inferno is the worst Dan Brown novel ever and having read all his novels apart from Digital Fortress I believe I know what I am talking about. Reading that book 3/4 of the way all I could say was, classical Dan brown....cliche cliche, nothing impressive. The only chapter out of over 100 chapters of that book that is worth reading and calling good is the one when they told Langdon that the entire hospital scene was just acting, that was the only part that made me smile. Dan Brown really disappointed me.

I didn't even mind the cliches, at least, it's the same recipe for James Bond and Sherlock Holmes books. It was just the unnecessary, annoying, pointless twists. WHY did Zobrist give clues leading to the virus?
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by adexsimply(m): 6:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Cori_corde:

I didn't even mind the cliches, at least, it's the same recipe for James Bond and Sherlock Holmes books. It was just the unnecessary, annoying, pointless twists. WHY did Zobrist give clues leading to the virus?
Why do serial killers put their signatures on their victims?
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2013
adexsimply: Why do serial killers put their signatures on their victims?

Signatures? Most serial killers kill their victims in the same pattern, and this is how the police links their crimes to them.

I just felt like Brown was trying too hard to bend the story into his usual formula. Fantastic concept, but terrible execution.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by adexsimply(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
Cori_corde:

Signatures? Most serial killers kill their victims in the same pattern, and this is how the police links their crimes to them.

I just felt like Brown was trying too hard to bend the story into his usual formula. Fantastic concept, but terrible execution.

Right, most writers have patterns they always stick to. Sidney Sheldon for example, before you read the first 40 pages of his books, you would have guessed the main Antagonist, and 95% of his books have female protagonists..Robert Ludlum can't write a novel without introducing a female act that would end up dating the main act(always male)..I have never read any John Grisham without coming across Legality and Jurisprudence..etc..
I know Inferno has flaws, But pattern/formula is the least of the flaws.. grin grin
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by IlCapitano(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hmmmm... I'd say it's his worst work. Pre-Inferno I'd have said his worst was Digital Fortress. I've read all his offerings and this is his worst yet. I'm used to his high octane plots. Inferno was quite dour. No veiled villains. The end was a bit racy though but it just wasn't enough. And to think I prowled the Internet for this book?! Dan Brown owes me.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Il Capitano: Hmmmm... I'd say it's his worst work. Pre-Inferno I'd have said his worst was Digital Fortress. I've read all his offerings and this is his worst yet. I'm used to his high octane plots. Inferno was quite dour. No veiled villains. The end was a bit racy though but it just wasn't enough. And to think I prowled the Internet for this book?! Dan Brown owes me.

I bought it because it was 40% off. The end was so disappointing, I didn't have that satisfied, fulfilled feeling I usually get after reading a good book. angry

1 Like

Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
adexsimply:
Right, most writers have patterns they always stick to. Sidney Sheldon for example, before you read the first 40 pages of his books, you would have guessed the main Antagonist, and 95% of his books have female protagonists..Robert Ludlum can't write a novel without introducing a female act that would end up dating the main act(always male)..I have never read any John Grisham without coming across Legality and Jurisprudence..etc..
I know Inferno has flaws, But pattern/formula is the least of the flaws.. grin grin

My main problem with the book was that it felt like he was giving too much information, kinda like "I spent two years researching this, I must include it in the book whether it matters or not", and the twists were just pointless, so much build-up only for it to end like a deflated balloon.

just my opinion, anyway.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by adexsimply(m): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
cool cool cool
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by aprokomania(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2014
can someone pleeeease give me the link to download inferno. I have scoured the net for a year now and all I have to show are excerpts and software I don't need from misleading sites.
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by leahcimzil: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Inferno's plot was okay,not spectacular or anything but okay...but the end seemed a little rushed to me and also disappointing. It might just be his worst book compared to his other works but it's not that bad
Ps ; Please stop saying digital fortress is his worst.

1 Like

Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by leahcimzil: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
aprokomania: can someone pleeeease give me the link to download inferno. I have scoured the net for a year now and all I have to show are excerpts and software I don't need from misleading sites.
If you're a torrent person like I am,just checkout kat.ph and search for it. You can also checkout Umnet.com (used this one a long time ago,dunno if its still functioning,but they used to have all formats) or better still you can just buy it on amazon...which is the most ideal option smiley
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by aprokomania(m): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
leahcimzil:
If you're a torrent person like I am,just checkout kat.ph and search for it. You can also checkout Umnet.com (used this one a long time ago,dunno if its still functioning,but they used to have all formats) or better still you can just buy it on amazon...which is the most ideal option smiley
thank you
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Brymo: 8:44am On Feb 03, 2015
r u a LFC fan.
YNWA
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 13, 2015
Can someone please help with the link to Dan Brown's Inferno(Pdf)

@joan.miltz007@gmail.com
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by Despirado121(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet? by adexsimply(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2016
Despirado121:
bro adexsimply! i jst com acros dis thread nd i discover dat u gt book o. cn u also kindly share me som on mail mail? @ aliuridwanbabatunde01@gmail.com . xpectin ur reply bro
Unfortunately, my HDD crashed and I've lost all files. I can still get some books for you though

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sugar Binding / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday / Married Single - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.