Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Rooting Tecno F7 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Tecno F7 (29273 Views)

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2013
Youngsage: @HOLLASLYD, are u on whatsapp? If yes pls give ur fone no. Tanx, & kudos
below my signature is my contact details
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by sfiea: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2013
kingzoul: @sfi_ea
Here's the link for Eroot v1.3.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eye51gjefgxi30s/Eroot_v1.3.3.rar

or the complete package here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jolon9l8bj1u5o/Tecno%20F7%20Root%20Tools.rar)

Happy Rooting

This worked like a charm! For those with restore issues. No need for flashing.

Confirmed you had your version, it was coincidental we three ( my humble self, Hollaslyd & Kingzoul) were working on the same project same minute & hour of the night. Cheers.

And to those that knows it all, die with your knowledge.

I have to appreciate mercjoe for data, kindly appreciate him on behalf of the thread. Cheers.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
sfi_ea:

This worked like a charm! For those with restore issues. No need for flashing.

Confirmed you had your version, it was coincidental we three ( my humble self, Hollaslyd & Kingzoul) were working on the same project same minute & hour of the night. Cheers.

And to those that knows it all, die with your knowledge.

I have to appreciate mercjoe for data, kindly appreciate him on behalf of the thread. Cheers.

now I feel like a fool. thank you very much. Brenda has been rooted.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
seunpayne:

now I feel like a fool. thank you very much. Brenda has been rooted.
how d u know ur Brenda rooted
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
no more question.. easy does it.. my own Brenda has been rooted too.. Thanks to everyone
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
I guess our next point of business would be getting clockworkmod to work on our phones.

please a word of advice to everyone. back up your ROM. now that you have root access you open your phone to risk of a boot loop. download mtk droid tools to backup your ROM just in case
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by freshp(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
seunpayne: I guess our next point of business would be getting clockworkmod to work on our phones.

please a word of advice to everyone. back up your ROM. now that you have root access you open your phone to risk of a boot loop. download mtk droid tools to backup your ROM just in case
yeah...CWM IN. DA F7....the next frontier to cross grin grin
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by salamudeen(m): 2:40am On Jun 11, 2013
like seriously i did the whole steps correctly but still yet my f7 did not root i dont know why,, may b bros would help us with some screenshots grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by freshp(m): 6:33am On Jun 11, 2013
salamudeen: like seriously i did the whole steps correctly but still yet my f7 did not root i dont know why,, may b bros would help us with some screenshots grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
which method did you use? pls clarify.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
freshp:
yeah...CWM IN. DA F7....the next frontier to cross grin grin
Sure thing. Weekend things
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by salamudeen(m): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
freshp:
which method did you use? pls clarify.

bros i first use ...eroot, did nt work then shuame, did nt work then srsroot, did nt work am still working on universal root still d same , a even confused i reset my phone with all m,y heavy games since am a game lover , pes 2012, guns, nitro all are gone i dont even knw what to do now sef
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
guys, yawa don gas o!!! After i rooted my f7, i was feeling fly so i decided to do some tweeking, i saw an app called "chainfire 3D" after installing and granting SuperUser acess, the app notified me to install some drivers which i did and i was prompted to reboot and that was it!!! my phone got stuck at the "tecno" screen at boot. it didn't even get to animation part.
I even treid factory reset from "Android recovery system", for where no improvement.

so guys beware!!! watch out for that app.

i need help to resolve this issue. ANY ANDROID GURU, ABEG HELP MY CONDITION.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by janga(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
abbeyseto: guys, yawa don gas o!!! After i rooted my f7, i was feeling fly so i decided to do some tweeking, i saw an app called "chainfire 3D" after installing and granting SuperUser acess, the app notified me to install some drivers which i did and i was prompted to reboot and that was it!!! my phone got stuck at the "tecno" screen at boot. it didn't even get to animation part.
I even treid factory reset from "Android recovery system", for where no improvement.

:

lol dude, we feel ur pain bt chain is only gud in some gingerbread rom, make som1 dump his f7 rom for him

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by freshp(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
salamudeen:

bros i first use ...eroot, did nt work then shuame, did nt work then srsroot, did nt work am still working on universal root still d same , a even confused i reset my phone with all m,y heavy games since am a game lover , pes 2012, guns, nitro all are gone i dont even knw what to do now sef
search for kingzouls tools
and follow his method as below

KINGZOUL:
THERE ARE TWO APPLICATIONS (PORTABLE) THAT WORK FLAWLESSLY TO ROOT TECNO F7 OR N7 OR ANY OTHER MTK MT6577 ANDROID PHONES. JUST DOWNLOAD 'MTKdroidTools V2.4.6' OR 'EROOT V1.3.3.' I USED EROOT IN ROOTING MY F7 ANYWAY. JUST RUN THE PROGRAM, CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR PC, WAIT TILL THE PROGRAM DETECTS YOUR PHONE AND CLICK ON ROOT (MAINLY CHINESE LANGUAGE BUT YOU WOULD SEE THE ROOT BUTTON.) AFTER THREE SECONDS, YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED. CHECK FOR AN APPLICATION IN YOUR PHONE WITH A HASH SIGN '#''SUPERUSER'. YOU CAN EQUALLY UPDATE THE SUPERUSER AFTERWARDS.

IF YOU FIND IT HARD TO DOWNLOAD THESE FILES THEN YOU CAN SEND ME A BLANK EMAIL WITH SUBJECT 'TECNO ROOT TOOLS' TO KINGZOUL@GMAIL.COM OR YOU CAN ADD ME IN WHATSAPP (08036683224). FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU GET CONFUSED OR DESIRE ASSISTANCE. ENJOY YOUR ROOTED TECNO F7 AKA PHANTOM A.

N/B: MAKE SURE YOUR PHONES' DRIVERS IS INSTALLED (ADB....)
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
abbeyseto: guys, yawa don gas o!!! After i rooted my f7, i was feeling fly so i decided to do some tweeking, i saw an app called "chainfire 3D" after installing and granting SuperUser acess, the app notified me to install some drivers which i did and i was prompted to reboot and that was it!!! my phone got stuck at the "tecno" screen at boot. it didn't even get to animation part.

Ok, first of all i have to laugh because this post is funny. I will upload the rom for you tommorow when i get to work. And then let me laugh once again
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 12:54am On Jun 12, 2013
seunpayne:

Ok, first of all i have to laugh because this post is funny. I will upload the rom for you tommorow when i get to work. And then let me laugh once again

Thanks seunpayne, i'll be waiting, really appreciate o. smiley smiley

i wan nearly s'hit for body when it happened.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2013
abbeyseto:

Thanks seunpayne, i'll be waiting, really appreciate o. smiley smiley

i wan nearly s'hit for body when it happened.

Oh boy no vex o... I left home in a hurry... Didn't carry my laptop at home. Will have it ready by 2mao sha... If you can wait
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2013
seunpayne:

Oh boy no vex o... I left home in a hurry... Didn't carry my laptop at home. Will have it ready by 2mao sha... If you can wait

ok. thanks.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by sfiea: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Please where is cube2012?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by rabzy01: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
sfi_ea: Please where is cube2012?

I hope he is still alive. Oh no!! may be is broke, no data to browse. You know HOLLASLYD and co have put him out of bussiness.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
seunpayne:

Abeg, please no forget me o. i'm enerstly waiting.
thanks so much.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:27am On Jun 13, 2013
abbeyseto:

Abeg, please no forget me o. i'm enerstly waiting.
thanks so much.

Bros i see you... I no forget... Depending on network ur rom would be ready before 12 today hopefully. Make i compress am well first
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 9:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Guy the rom is 1.24GB o...upload no go fit possible o...

your options are:
1. if you are in abuja we can meet
2. if not i can upload the boot.img for you so your device can boot
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2013
seunpayne: Guy the rom is 1.24GB o...upload no go fit possible o...

your options are:

ok. you can upload the boot image.i thing that should do it.
thanks.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2013

your options are:

but if i try the boot.img and it doesnt work, then i'll find a way of meeting u. though i'm in minna.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2013
abbeyseto:

but if i try the boot.img and it doesnt work, then i'll find a way of meeting u. though i'm in minna.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j_NCLhSSvIRFIzeHVuclE0SFU&usp=sharing

Flash everything together. make sure you have all your drivers installed
you will need sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85 exactly to flash the f7. google it
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by janga(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2013

your options are:
dude i'm if i derail ur thread,
plz u knw d key combination to boot Tecno N7 into fastboot, its stucked on bootlop after installin font and i wnt flash d system.img file

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2013
janga:
dude i'm if i derail ur thread,
plz u knw d key combination to boot Tecno N7 into fastboot, its stucked on bootlop after installin font and i wnt flash d system.img file

f7 doesnt have fastboot...it uses a uboot partition. which means you will need a system to flash anything into it. until we manage to port either cwm, twrp into the recovery that is the only available option

too boot into uboot, press and hold the power button and the volume up button. its written in Chinese however. i do know that the last option is to reboot the device, the first is to display the phone info. the third would boot the device after a hard reset...not sure sha...either the third or the fourth. since u already have a boot loop u really have nothing to lose.
if you need the rom sha...i will try to see if i can upload the whole thing tomorrow.
happy modding
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by janga(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2013
seunpayne:

f7 doesnt have fastboot...it uses a uboot partition. which means you will need a system to flash anything into it. until we manage to port either cwm, twrp into the recovery that is the only available option

too boot into uboot, press and hold the power button and the volume up button. its written in Chinese however. i do know that the last option is to reboot the device, the first is to display the phone info. the third would boot the device after a hard reset...not sure sha...either the third or the fourth. since u already have a boot loop u really have nothing to lose.
if you need the rom sha...i will try to see if i can upload the whole thing tomorrow.
happy modding
wtf of tecno n7, does d phone av fastboot cuz its nt bootin
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2013

was your device in android debugging when it happened?. if yes, lets fix
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
janga:
wtf of tecno n7, does d phone av fastboot cuz its nt bootin

i'm a novice in that o...f7 thats what i knw
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
seunpayne:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j_NCLhSSvIRFIzeHVuclE0SFU&usp=sharing

Flash everything together. make sure you have all your drivers installed
you will need sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85 exactly to flash the f7. google it

Thanks. i have downloaded all necesarry file.
can you please walk me through the procedure to flash all these files using "sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85".

really appreciate your efforts!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.