Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (27926 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2008
Chapter 62 WARNING AGAINST VENGEANCE

Then Jesus said: "He who would live well should take example from the merchant who locks up his shop, and selling guards it day and night with great diligence. And again the things which he buys he is fain to make a profit; for if he perceives that he will lose thereby he will not sell, no, not to his own brother. Thus then should you do; for in truth your soul is a merchant, and the body is the shop: wherefore what it receives from outside, through the senses, is bought and sold by it. And the money is love. See then that with your love you do not sell nor buy the small thought by which d work be all for you cannot profit. But let thought, speech, and love of God; for so shall you find safety in that day.

Truly I say to you, that many make ablutions and go to pray, many fast and give alms, many study and preach to others, whose end is abominable before God; because they cleanse the body and not the heart, they cry with the mouth not with the heart; they abstain from meats, and fill themselves with sins; they give to others things not good for them, in order that they may be held good; they study that they may know to speak, not to work; they preach to others against that which they do themselves, and thus are condemned by their own tongue. As God lives, these do not know God with their hearts; for if they knew him they would love him; and since whatsoever a man has he has received it from God,, even so should he spend all for the love of God."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2008
Chapter 63 AGAINST VENGEANCE 

After certain days Jesus passed near to a city of the Samaritans; and they would not let him enter the city, nor would they sell bread to his disciples. Wherefore said James and John: "Master, may it please you that we pray God that he send down fire from heaven upon these people?"

Jesus answered: "You know not by what spirit you are led, that you so speak. *Remember that God determined to destroy Nineveh because he did not find one who feared God in that city; the which was so wicked that God, having called Jonah ;the prophet to send him to that city, he would fain for fear of the people have fled to Tarsus;, wherefore God caused him to be cast into the sea, and received by a fish and cast up near to Nineveh. And he preaching there, that people was converted to repentance, so that God had mercy on them.

Woe to them that call for vengeance; for on themselves it shall come, seeing that every man has in himself cause for the vengeance of God. Now tell me, have you created this city with this people? O madmen that you are, assuredly no. For all creatures united together could not create a single new fly from nothing, and this it is to create. If the blessed God who has created this city now sustains it, why desire you to destroy it? Why did you not say: "May it please you, master, that we pray to the Lord our God that this people may be converted to penitence?" Assuredly this is the proper act of a disciple of mine, to pray to God for those who do evil. Thus did Abel when his brother Cain, accursed of God, slew him.

Thus did Abraham ;for Pharaoh;, who took from him his wife, and whom therefore, the angel of God did not slay, but only struck with infirmity. Thus did Zechariah when, by decree of the impious king, he was slain in the Temple. Thus did Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and David, with all the friends of God and holy prophets. Tell me, if a brother were stricken with frenzy, would you slay him because he spoke evil and struck those who came near him? Assuredly you would not do so; but rather would you endeavour to restore his health with medicines suitable to his infirmity."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2008
Chapter 64 AGAINST VENGEANCE(2)

"As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, a sinner is of infirm mind when he persecutes a man. For tell me, is there anyone who would break his head for the sake of tearing the cloak of his enemy? Now how can he be of sane mind who separates himself from God, the head of his soul, in order that he may injure the body of his enemy?

"Tell me, O man, who is your enemy? Assuredly your body, and every one who praises you. Wherefore if you were of sane mind you would kiss the hand of those who revile you, and present gifts to those who persecute you and strike you much; because, O man because the more that for your sins you are reviled and persecuted in this life the less shall you be in the day of judgment. But tell me, O man, if the saints and prophets of God have been persecuted and defamed by the

world even though they were innocent, what shall be da one to you, O sinner? and if they endured all with patience, praying for their persecutors, what shouldst you do, O man, who are worthy of hell?

Tell me, O my disciples, do you not know that Shimei cursed the servant of God, David the prophet, and threw stones at him? Now what said David to those who would fain have killed Shimei? "What is it to you, O Joab, that you would kill Shimei? let him curse me, for this is the will of God, who will turn this curse into a blessing." And thus it was; for God saw the patience of David and delivered him from the persecution of his own son, Absalom.

Assuredly not a leaf stirs without the will of God. Wherefore, when you are in tribulation do not think of how much you have borne, nor of him who afflicts you; but consider how much for your sins you are worthy to receive at the hand of the devils of hell. You are angry with this city because it would not receive us, nor sell bread to us. Tell me, are these people your slaves? have you given them this city? have you given them their corn? or have you helped them to reap it? Assuredly no; for you are strangers in this land, and poor men. What thing is this then that you say?" The two disciples answered: "Lord, we have sinned; may God have mercy on us." And Jesus answered: "So be it."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2008
Chapter 65 The Pool Called Probatica   

The Passover drew near, so Jesus, with his disciples, went up to Jerusalem. And he went to the pool called Probatica. And the bath was so called because every day the angel of God troubled the water, and whoever first entered the water after its movement was cured of every kind of infirmity. For this reason a great number of sick persons remained beside the pool, which had five porticoes. And Jesus saw there an impotent man, who had been there thirty-eight years sick with a grievous infirmity. So Jesus, knowing this by divine inspiration, had compassion on the sick man, and said to him: "Do you want to be made whole?"

The impotent man answered: "Sir, when the angel troubles the waters I do not have anyone to put me into it, but while I am coming [to the water] another steps down before me and enters." Then Jesus lifted up his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord our God, God of our fathers, have mercy upon this impotent man." And having said this, Jesus said: "In God's name, brother, be whole; rise and take up your bed."

Then the impotent man arose, praising God, and carried his bed upon his shoulders, and went to his house praising God. Those who saw him cried: "It is the Sabbath day; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed." He answered: "He that made [me] whole said to me, 'Pick up your bed, and go your way to your home.'" Then asked they him: "Who is he?" He answered: "I do not know his name."

So among themselves they said: "It must have been Jesus the Nazarene." Others said: "No, for [Jesus the Nazarene] is a holy one of God, whereas he who has done this thing is a wicked man, for he causes the sabbath to be broken." And Jesus went into the Temple, and a great multitude drew near to him to hear his words [for which reason] the priests were consumed with envy.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2008
Chapter 66  The Perils of Speech

One of them came to him, saying: "Good master, you teach well and truly; tell me therefore, what reward shall God give us in paradise?" Jesus answered: "You call me good, and do not know that God alone is good, even as Job, the friend of God, said: A child of a day old is not clean; yes, even the angels are not faultless in God's presence. Moreover he said: The flesh attracts sin, and sucks up iniquity even as a sponge sucks up water. The priest was silent, being confounded. And Jesus said: "Truly I say to you, nothing is more perilous than speech. For so said Solomon: Life and death are in the power of the tongue. "

And he turned to his disciples, and said: "Beware of those who bless you, because they deceive you. With the tongue Satan blessed our first parents, but the outcome of his words was miserable. So did the sages of Egypt bless Pharaoh. So did Goliath bless the Philistines. So did four hundred false prophets bless Ahab; but false were their praises, so that the praised one perished with the praisers. Wherefore not without cause did God say by Isaiah the prophet: O My people, those that bless you deceive you. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees! Woe to you, priests and Levites! because you have corrupted the sacrifice of the Lord, so that those who come to sacrifice believe that God eats cooked flesh [in the manner of] a ma
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2008
Chapter 67 Against Seeking A Reward

For you say to them: 'Bring your sheep and bulls and lambs to the Temple of your God, and do not eat it all, but give to your God a share of that which he has given you'; and you do not tell them of the origin of sacrifice, that it is for a witness of the life granted to the son of our father Abraham, so that the faith and obedience of our father Abraham, with the promises made to him by God and the blessing given to him, should never be forgotten. But God says by Ezekiel the prophet: Remove from me these your sacrifices, your victims are abominable to me.

For the time draws near when that shall be done of which our God spoke by Hosea the prophet, saying: I will call chosen the people not chosen. And as he says in Ezekiel the prophet: God shall make a new covenant with his people, not according to the covenant which he gave to your fathers, which they did nott and he shall take from them a heart of stone, and give them a new heart" : and all this shall be because you do not walk now in his Law. And you have the key and do not open: rather you block the road for those who would walk in it." The priest was departing to report everything to the high priest, who stood near the sanctuary, but Jesus said: "Stay, for I will answer your question."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2008
Chapter 68 INGRATITUDE OF ISRAEL 

You ask me to tell you what God will give us in paradise. Truly I say to you that those who think of the wages do not love the master. A shepherd who has a flock of sheep, when he sees the wolf coming, prepares to defend them; contrariwise, the hireling when he sees the wolf leaves the sheep and flees. As God lives, in whose presence I stand, if the God of our fathers were your God you would not have thought of saying: "What will God give me?" But you would have said, as did David his prophet: What shall I give to God for all that he has given to me?

"I will speak to you by a parable that you may understand. There was a king who found by the wayside a man stripped by thieves;, who had wounded him to death. And he had compassion on him, and commanded his slaves to bear that man to the city and tend him, and this they did with all diligence. And the king conceived a great love for the sick man, so that he gave him his own daughter in marriage, and made him his heir. Now assuredly this king was most merciful; but the man beat the slaves, despised the medicines, abused his wife, spoke evil of the king, and caused his vassals to rebel against him. And when the king required any service, he was wont to say: "What will the king give me as reward?" Now when the king heard this, what did he do to so impious a man?" They all replied: "Woe to him, for the king deprived him of all, and cruelly punished him."

Then Jesus said: "O priests, and scribes, and Pharisees, and you high-priest that hear my voice, I proclaim to you what God has said to you by his prophet Isaiah: "I have nourished slaves and exalted them, but they have despised me." "The king is our God, who found Israel in this world full of miseries, and gave him therefore to his servants Joseph, Moses and Aaron, who tended him. And our God conceived such love for him that for the sake of the people of Israel he smote Egypt, drowned Pharaoh, and discomfited an hundred and twenty kings of the Canaanites and Madianites; he gave him his laws, making him heir of all that [land] wherein our people dwells.

"But how does Israel bear himself? How many prophets has he slain; how many prophecies has he contaminated; how has he violated the Law of God: how many for that cause have departed from God and gone to serve idols, through your offence, O priests! And how do you dishonour God with your manner of life! And now you ask me: "What will God give us in paradise?" You ought to have asked me: What will be the punishment that God will give you in hell; and then what you ought to do for true penitence in order that God may have mercy on you: for this I can tell you, and to this end am I sent to you."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2008
Chapter 69 DUMB, DEAF, AND BLIND DEMONIAC

As God lives, in whose presence I stand, you will not receive adulation from me, but truth. Wherefore I say to you, repent and turn to God even as our fathers did after sinning, and harden not your heart. The priests were consumed with rage at this speech, but for fear of the common people they spoke not a word.

And Jesus continued, saying: "O doctors, O scribes, O Pharisees, O priests, tell me. You desire horses like knights, but you desire not to go forth to war: you desire fair clothing like women, but you desire not to spin and nurture children; you desire the fruits of the field, and you desire not to cultivate the Earth; you desire the fishes of the sea, but you desire not to go a fishing; you desire honour as citizens, but you desire not the burden of the republic; and you desire tithes and first fruits as priests, but you desire not to serve God in truth. What then shall God do with you, seeing you desire here every good without any evil? Truly I say to you that God will give you a place where you will have every evil without any good."

And when Jesus had said this, there was brought to him a demoniac who could not speak nor see, and was deprived of hearing. Whereupon Jesus, seeing their faith, raised his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord God of our fathers, have mercy on this sick man and give him health, in order that this people may know that you have sent me."

And having said this Jesus commanded the spirit to depart, saying: "In the power of the name of God our Lord, depart, evil one, from the man. The spirit departed and the dumb man spoke, and saw with his eyes. Whereupon every one was filled with fear, but the scribes said: "In the power of Beelzebub, prince of the demons, he casts out the demons."

Then Jesus said: "Every kingdom divided against itself destroys itself, and house falls upon house. If in the power of Satan, Satan be cast out, how shall his kingdom stand? And if your sons cast out Satan with the scripture that Solomon the prophet gave them, they testify that I cast out Satan in the power of God. As God lives, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is without remission in this and in the other world; because the wicked man of his own will reprobates himself, knowing the reprobation."

And having said this Jesus went out of the Temple. And the common people magnified him, for they brought all the sick folk whom they could gather together, and Jesus having made prayer gave to all their health: whereupon on that day in Jerusalem the Roman soldiery, by the working of Satan, began to stir up the common people, saying that Jesus was the God of Israel, who was come to visit his people.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2008
CHAPTER 70 At Caesarea Philippi

Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."

Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."

Then Jesus said: "If our God willed not to show himself to Moses his servant, nor to Elijah whom he so loved, nor to any prophet, will you think that God should show himself to this faithless generation? But know you not that God has created all things of nothing with one single word, and all men have had their origin out of a piece of clay? Now, how shall God have likeness to man? Woe to those who suffer themselves to be deceived of Satan!" And having said this, Jesus besought God for Peter, the eleven and Peter weeping, and saying: "So be it, so be it, O blessed Lord our God." Afterwards Jesus departed and went into Galilee, in order that this vain opinion which the common folk began to hold concerning him might be extinguished.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by MCUsman(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2008
World's oldest Bible goes online

While the Codex contains all of the New Testament, it also includes part of the Old Testament and originally contained the entire text of the Christian Bible. The manuscript also includes the Apocrypha, 14 disputed books of the Old Testament that are usually omitted from the Protestant Bib[/b]le. It also includes two early Christian texts: the "[b]Epistle of Barnabas" and the "Shepherd of Hermas."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/24/online.bible/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
MC Usman:

World's oldest Bible goes online

While the Codex contains all of the New Testament, it also includes part of the Old Testament and originally contained the entire text of the Christian Bible. The manuscript also includes the Apocrypha, 14 disputed books of the Old Testament that are usually omitted from the Protestant Bib[/b]le. It also includes two early Christian texts: the "[b]Epistle of Barnabas" and the "Shepherd of Hermas."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/24/online.bible/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

If you would be sincere (a principle that is lost with muslims) with yourself you'd know its common knowledge that the "epistle of Barnabas" is completely different from the fraud that Frizy is wasting his time pasting here. Just google for "epistle of barnabas" and compare it to the above.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2008
The always selective in memory, David. What happened to your googleing the Bible and also theQur'an yourself. You conveniently pay no attention to all the verses we hav asked you to tell us in plain english, their direct meanings. You are also ignoring Shephard Herma's detail. Is this how to be sincere in discuss?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Lady2(f): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2008
The always selective in memory, David. What happened to your googleing the Bible and also theQur'an yourself. You conveniently pay no attention to all the verses we hav asked you to tell us in plain english, their direct meanings. You are also ignoring Shephard Herma's detail. Is this how to be sincere in discuss?

To be sincere, I have to agree with David here. The Epistle of Barnabas and the Gospel of Barnabas are two completely different books. I have a copy of the epistle and from reading about the gospel they are very different.

It is only a matter of truth. It is what it is. Call a Spade a Spade and not a Diamond.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2008
davidylan:

If you would be sincere (a principle that is lost with muslims) with yourself you'd know its common knowledge that the "epistle of Barnabas" is completely different from the fraud that Frizy is wasting his time pasting here. Just google for "epistle of barnabas" and compare it to the above.

Well,well,well. Davidylan again. I have told you that whether you claim this book is false or not, it makes no difference. But instead of you to sit quietly on your PC or is it Mac to digest these chapters and possibly print the,you come day in,day out to critisize. Why? Is it not because you don't like truth yet you claim you love Jesus. You wont read from what Jesus said you rather prefer the paraphased changed.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Lady2(f): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2008
Well,well,well. Davidylan again. I have told you that whether you claim this book is false or not, it makes no difference. But instead of you to sit quietly on your PC or is it Mac to digest these chapters and possibly print the,you come day in,day out to critisize. Why? Is it not because you don't like truth yet you claim you love Jesus. You wont read from what Jesus said you rather prefer the paraphased changed

Ok seriosuly this is rubbish. This gospel is not the truth. Either you are completely desperate or just plain blind to see that this book is not the truth. I don't understand why it is you would even advocate a book that blasphemes your own "word of God". It is utter disrespect to God that you would even consider this book to be true or to hold an ounce of truth.
You do need to be careful, in your quest of discrediting Christians you discredit God. You have done so from the beginning.
It is not good to go to dig a pit for your fellow man, in doing so you become blind to the pit in front of you and you fall into it, so who's the fool in that case. Let me give you a hint: It is you
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
@~Lady~:

Ok seriosuly this is rubbish. This gospel is not the truth. Either you are completely desperate or just plain blind to see that this book is not the truth. I don't understand why it is you would even advocate a book that blasphemes your own "word of God". It is utter disrespect to God that you would even consider this book to be true or to hold an ounce of truth.
You do need to be careful, in your quest of discrediting Christians you discredit God.

My darling calm down. Then remember this is your position with Qur'an. Do remember when you think like that I may just feel the way you feel here.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2008
Frizy:

Well,well,well. Davidylan again. I have told you that whether you claim this book is false or not, it makes no difference. But instead of you to sit quietly on your PC or is it Mac to digest these chapters and possibly print the,you come day in,day out to critisize. Why? Is it not because you don't like truth yet you claim you love Jesus. You wont read from what Jesus said you rather prefer the paraphased changed.

what "truth" dont i like? The TRUTH that the epistle of barnabas bears no form of resemblance to the fraud you are posting here?

Just google both and see the clear differences. Like i keep saying, its not by force - you people are way too desperate to hinge your religion on the bible.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2008
@Davidylan

Like i keep saying, its not by force - you people are way too desperate to hinge your religion on the bible.

Which part, the old testament that the New testament disagrees with with the post jesus concept of trinity? Or the new testament which actually fluctuate between One God and trinity godheads concept? Thank you paul and Company.

Tell me or is it the Psalm? Or all of it? Do you make Salah or hajji? Do you take Shahada, o r do you believe in Paradise filled with felicity activities and Hellfire filled with no peace and suffering? David, I beg ol boy, give us example of what you mean.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by ayinba1(f): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2008
They aint got nuffin, , just so so grammar and screams of "thou hypocrite".

Won ni elefo o.

Shio
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2008
~Lady~:

You do need to be careful, in your quest of discrediting Christians you discredit God. You have done so from the beginning.
It is not good to go to dig a pit for your fellow man, in doing so you become blind to the pit in front of you and you fall into it, so who's the fool in that case. Let me give you a hint: It is you

I ignored this for quite sometime now, because I haven't been reading the book. Now, I don't want to continue to agrue with you that the book is still the truest and uncorrupted gospel. Instead, of you refuting it on and on, why don't you just say the book is "dumbfounding". Do you notice that Muslims as well could benefit and Christians who love the truth about the sayings of Christ.
I have not and neither as the author of this inspiring book said anything contrary to the will of God and if the author has, and if God thinks I wish to cause confusion, then to us be our crimes.

Why don't you just stop mingling that the Koran supports not the book? Has any Muslim said so. It clearly shows to me that those who claim to follow Christ, hate him but love that he himself love not- and what is that?False accusations.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2008
CHAPTER 71 A Paralytic Healed

Jesus having arrived in his own country, it was spread through all the region of Galilee how that Jesus the prophet was come to Nazareth. Whereupon with diligence sought they the sick and brought them to him, beseeching him that he would touch them with his hands. And so great was the multitude that a certain rich man, sick of the palsy, not being able to get himself carried through the door, had himself carried up to the roof of the house in which Jesus was, and having caused the roof to be uncovered, had himself let down by sheets in front of Jesus. Jesus stood for a moment in hesitation, and then he said: "Fear not, brother, for your sins are forgiven you." Every one was offended hearing this, and they said: "And who is this who forgives sins?"
Then Jesus said: "As God lives, I am not able to forgive sins, nor is any man, but God alone forgives. But as servant of God I can beseech him for the sins of others: and so I have besought him for this sick man, and I am sure that God has heard my prayer. Wherefore, that you may know the truth, I say to this sick man: "In the name of the God of our fathers, the God of Abraham and his sons, rise up healed!"" And when Jesus had said this the sick man rose up healed, and glorified God.
Then the common people besought Jesus that he would beseech God for the sick who stood outside. Whereupon Jesus went out to them, and, having lifted up his hands, said: "Lord God of hosts, the living God, the true God, the holy God, that never will die; having mercy upon them!" Whereupon every one answered: "Amen.". And this having been said, Jesus laid his hands upon the sick folk, and they all received their health. Thereupon they magnified God, saying: "God has visited us by his prophet, and a great prophet has God sent to us."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2008
Chapter 72 Signs of The Messenger

At night Jesus spoke in secret with his disciples, saying: "Truly I say to you that Satan desires to sift you as wheat; but I have besought God for you, and there shall not perish of you save he that lays snares for me." And this he said of Judas, because the angel Gabriel said to him how that Judas had hand with the priests, and reported to them all that Jesus spoke.
With tears drew near to Jesus he who writes this saying: "O master, tell me, who is he that should betray you?" Jesus answered, saying: "O Barnabas, this is not the hour for you to know him, but soon will be wicked one reveal himself, because I shall depart from the world." Then wept the apostles, saying: "O master, wherefore will you forsake us? It is much better that we should die than be forsaken of you!"
Jesus answered: "Let not your heart be troubled, neither be you fearful: for I have not created you, but God our creator who has created you will protect you. As for me, I am now come to the world to prepare the way for the Messenger of God, who shall bring salvation to the world. But beware that you be not deceived, for many false prophets shall come, who shall take my words and contaminate my gospel." Then said Andrew: "Master tell us some sign, that we may know him." Jesus answered: "He will not come in your time, but will come some years after you, when my gospel shall be annulled, insomuch that there shall be scarcely thirty faithful. At that time God will have mercy on the world, and so he will send his Messenger, over whose head will rest a white cloud, whereby he shall be known of one elect of God, and shall be by him manifested to the world. He shall come with great power against the ungodly, and shall destroy idolatry upon the earth. And it rejoices me because that through him our God shall be known and glorified, and I shall be known to be true; and he will execute vengeance against those who shall say that I am more than man.
Truly I say to you that the moon shall minister sleep to him in his boyhood, and when he shall be grown up he shall take her in his hands. Let the world beware of casting him out because he shall slay the idolaters, for many more were slain by Moses, the servant of God, and Joshua, who spared not the cities which they burnt, and slew the children; for to an old wound one applies fire. "He shall come with truth more clear than that of all the prophets, and shall reprove him who use the world amiss. The towers of the city of our father shall greet one another for joy: and so when idolatry shall be seen to fall to the ground and confess me a man like other men, truly I say to you the Messenger of God shall be come."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2008
Chapter 73 The Tempter's Methods

"Truly I say to you, that if Satan shall try whether you be friends of God; because no one assails his own cities if Satan should have his will over you he would suffer you to glide at your own pleasure; but because he knows that you be enemies to him he will do every violence to make you perish. But fear not you, for he will be against you as a dog that is chained, because God has heard my prayer." John answered: "O master, not only for us, but for them that shall believe the gospel, tell us how the ancient tempter lays wait for man."
Jesus answered: "In four ways tempts that wicked one. The first is when he tempts by himself, with thoughts. The second is when he tempts with words and deeds by means of his servants; the third is when he tempts with false doctrine; the fourth is when he tempts with false visions. Now how cautious ought men to be, and all the more according as he has in his favour the flesh of man, which loves sin as he who has fever loves water. Truly I say to you, that if a man fear God he shall have victory over all, as says David his prophet: "God shall give his angels charge over you, who shall keep your ways, so that the devil shall not cause you to stumble. A thousand shall fall on your left hand, and ten thousand on your right hand, so that they shall not come near you."
"Furthermore, our God with great love promised to us by the same David to keep us, saying: "I give to you understanding, which shall teach you; and in your ways wherein you shall walk I will cause My eye to rest upon you." "But what shall I say? He has said by Isaiah: "Can a mother forget the child of her womb? But I say to you, that when she forget, I will not forget you." "Tell me, then, who shall fear Satan, having for guard the angels and for protection the living God? Nevertheless, it is necessary, as says the prophet Solomon, that "You, my son, that are come to fear the Lord, prepare your soul for temptations." Truly I say to you, that a man ought to do as the banker who examines money, examining his thoughts, that he sin not against God his creator."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2008
Chapter 74 Sins of Thought

There have been and are in the world men who hold not thought for sin [and] who are in the greatest error. Tell me, how [did] Satan sin? It is certain that he sinned in the thought he was more worthy than man. Solomon sinned in thinking to invite all the creatures of God to a feast, [so] a fish corrected him by eating all that he had prepared. Not without cause, our father David says, that to ascend in one's heart sets one in the valley of tears. And why does God cry by his prophet Isaiah, saying: Take away your evil thoughts from my eyes? And to what purpose [does] Solomon say, With all your keeping, keep your heart?"

As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, all [scripture speaks] against the evil thoughts with which sin is committed, for without thinking it is not possible to sin. Now tell me, when the husbandman plants the vineyard does he set the plants deep? Assuredly yes. Satan does [the same]. In planting sin [he] does not stop at the eye or the ear, but passes into the heart, which is God's dwelling, as Moses his servant, [said]: I will dwell in them, in order that they may walk in my Law.

Now tell me, if Herod the king gave you a house to keep in which he desired to dwell, would you let Pilate, his enemy, enter there or place his goods in it? Surely not. Then how much less ought you let Satan enter into your heart, or place his thoughts [in your heart]. Our God has given you your heart to keep, which is his dwelling.

Observe, therefore, [how] the banker considers [his] money. [He considers] whether the image of Caesar is right, whether the silver is good or false, and whether it is of due weight. He turns it over much in his hand. Ah, mad world! How prudent you are in your business; in the last day you will reprove and judge the servants of God of negligence and carelessness, for without doubt your servants are more prudent than the servants of God. Tell me, now, who is he who examines a thought as the banker a silver coin? No one."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2008
Chapter 75 Of Keeping The Heart

Then said James: "O master, how is the examination of a thought like to [that of] a coin?" Jesus answered: "The good silver in the thought is piety, because every impious thought comes of the devil. The right image is the example of the holy ones and prophets, which we ought to follow; and the weight of the thought is the love of God by which all ought to be done. Whereupon the enemy will bring there impious thoughts against your neighbour, [thoughts] conformed to the world, to corrupt the flesh; [thoughts] of earthly love to corrupt the love of God."

Bartholomew answered: "O master, what ought we to do to think little, in order that we may not !fall into temptation?" Jesus answered: "Two things are necessary for you. The first is to exercise yourselves much, and the second is to talk little: for idleness is a sink wherein is gathered every unclean thought, and too much talking is a sponge which picks up iniquities. It is, therefore, necessary not only your working should hold the body occupied, but also that the soul be occupied with prayer. For it needs never to cease from prayer.

"I tell you for an example: There was a man who paid ill, wherefore none that knew him would go to till his fields. Whereupon he, like a wicked man, said: 'I will go to the market-place to find idle ones who are doing nothing, and will therefore come to till my vines.' This man went forth from his house, and found many strangers who were standing in idleness, and had no money. To them he spoke, and led them to his vineyard. But truly none that knew him and had work for his hands went thither.

He is Satan, that one who pays ill; for he gives labour, and man receives for it the eternal fires in his service. Wherefore he has gone forth from paradise, and goes in search of labourers. Assuredly he sets to his labours those who stand in idleness whoever they be, but much more those who do not know him. It is not in any wise enough for any one to know evil in order to escape it, but it behoves to work at good in order to overcome it."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2008
Chapter 76 The Niggardly Master

I tell you for an example. There was a man who had three vineyards, which he let out to three husbandman. Because the first knew not how to cultivate the vineyard the vineyard brought forth only leaves. The second taught the third how the vines ought to be cultivated; and he most excellently hearkened to his words; and he cultivated his, as he told him, insomuch that the vineyard of the third bore much. But the second left his vineyard uncultivated, spending his time solely in talking. When the time was come for paying the rent to the lord of the vineyard, the first said: "Lord, I know not how your vineyard ought to be cultivated: therefore I have not received any fruit this year." The lord answered: "O fool, do you dwell alone in the world, that you has not asked counsel of my second vinedresser, who knows well how to cultivate the land? Certain it is that you shall pay me."

And having said this he condemned him to work in prison until he should pay his lord; who moved with pity at his simplicity liberated him, saying: "Begone, for I will not that you work longer at my vineyard; it is enough for you that I give you your debt."

The second came, to whom the lord said: "Welcome, my vinedresser! Where are the fruits that you owe me? Assuredly, since you know well how to prune the vines, the vineyard that I let out to you must needs have borne much fruit." The second answered: "O lord, your vineyard is backward because I have not pruned the wood nor worked up the soil; but the vineyard has not borne fruit, so I cannot pay you." Whereupon the lord called the third and with wonder said: "You said to me that this man, to whom I let out the second vineyard, taught you perfectly to cultivate the vineyard which I let out to you. How then can it be that the vineyard I let out to him should not have borne fruit, seeing it is all one soil."

The third answered: "Lord, the vines are not cultivated by talking only, but he needs must sweat a shirt every day who wills to make it bring forth its fruit. And how shall your vineyard of your vinedresser bear fruit, O lord, if he does nothing but waste the time in talking? Sure it is, O lord, that if he had put into practice his own words, [while] I who cannot talk so much have given you the rent for two years, he would have given you the rent of the vineyard for five years." The lord was wroth, and said with scorn to the vinedresser, "And so you have wrought a great work in not cutting away the wood and levelling the vineyard, wherefore there is owing to you a great reward!" And having called his servants he had him beaten without any mercy. And then he put him into prison under the keeping of a cruel servant who beat him every day, and never was willing to set him free for prayers of his friends."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2008
Chapter 77 The Three Vinedressers (Signs of an Ignorant,an hypocrite and a believer)

Truly I say to you, that on the day of judgment many shall say to God: "Lord, we have preached and taught by your Law." Against them even the stones shall cry out, saying: "When you preached to others, with your own tongue you condemned yourselves, O workers of iniquity." "As God lives," said Jesus, "he who knows the truth and works the contrary shall be punished with such grievous penalty that Satan shall almost have compassion on him. Tell me, now has our God given us the Law for knowing or for working? Truly I say to you, that all knowledge has for end that wisdom which works all it knows. "Tell me, if one were sitting at table and with his eyes beheld delicate meats, but with his hands should choose unclean things and eat those, would not he be mad?" "Yes, assuredly," said the disciples.
Then Jesus said: "O mad beyond all madmen are you, O man, that with your understanding know heaven, and with your hands choose earth; with your understanding know God, and with your affection desire the world; with your understanding know the delights of paradise, and with your works choose the miseries of hell. Brave soldier, that leaves the sword and carries the scabbard to fight! Now, know you not that he who walks by night desires light, not only to see the light, but rather to see the good road, in order that he may pass safely to the inn?
O miserable world, to be a thousand times despised and abhorred! since our God by his holy prophets has ever willed to grant it to know the way to go to his country and his rest: but you, wicked one, not only wiliest not to go, but, which is worse, have despised the light! True is the proverb of the camel, that it likes not clear water to drink, because it desires not to see its own ugly face. So does the ungodly who works ill; for he hates the light lest his evil works should be known. But he who receives wisdom, and not only works not well, but, which is worse, employs it for evil, is like to him who should use the gifts as instruments to slay the giver."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2008
Chapter 78 The Value of Learning

Truly I say to you, that God had not compassion on the fall of Satan, but yet [had compassion on the fall of Adam;. And let this suffice you to know the unhappy condition of him who knows good and does evil." Then said Andrew: "O master, it is a good thing to leave learning aside, so as not to fall into such condition."
Jesus answered: "If the world is good without the sun, man without eyes, and the soul without understanding, then is it good not to know. Truly I say to you, that bread is not so good for the temporal life as is learning for the eternal life. Know you not that it is a precept of God to learn? For thus says God: Ask of your elders, and they shall teach you. And of the Law says God: See that my precept be before your eyes, and when you sit down, and when you walk, and at all times meditate thereon. Whether, then, it is good not to learn, you may now know. Oh, unhappy he who despises wisdom, for he is sure to lose eternal life."
James answered: "O master, we know that Job learned not from a master, nor Abraham; nevertheless they became holy ones and prophets." Jesus answered: "Truly I say to you, that he who is of the bridegroom's house does not need to be invited to the marriage, because he dwells in the house where the marriage is held; but they that are far from the house. Now know you not that the prophets of God are in the house of God's grace and mercy, and so have the Law of God manifest in them: as David our father says on this matter: The Law of his God is in his heart; therefore his path shall not be digged up.
Truly I say to you that our God in creating man not only created him righteous, but inserted in his heart a light that should show to him that it is fitting to serve God. Wherefore, even if this light be darkened after sin, yet is it not extinguished. For every nation has this desire to serve God, though they have lost God and serve false and lying gods. Accordingly it is necessary that a man be taught of the prophets of God, for they have clear the light to teach the way to go to paradise, our country, by serving God well: just as it is necessary that he who has his eyes diseased should be guided and helped."
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2008
Note: The long forgotten thread will be brought back soon. See you then.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Lady2(f): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2008
I ignored this for quite sometime now, because I haven't been reading the book. Now, I don't want to continue to agrue with you that the book is still the truest and uncorrupted gospel

First of all, how can the book be the truest and uncorrupted gospel when there's nothing to back it up. It is highly questioned by everyone. Let me get this, you're trying to say that this book which bears no resemblance to any of the gospels that resemble each other and other writings of the apostles is the truth.

Let me logically understand you. You have 99 oranges and 1 apple, and you want to call the apple the true orange?
Does that make sense to you?

Instead, of you refuting it on and on, why don't you just say the book is "dumbfounding".

I do things my way and not yours. Sorry get used to it. The book will continue to be refuted by me, it isn't dumfounding, so much can be said of it, and the truth is that it isn't the truth. You don't like it cry me a river.

Do you notice that Muslims as well could benefit and Christians who love the truth about the sayings of Christ

Christians who love the truth already have the truth.

I have not and neither as the author of this inspiring book said anything contrary to the will of God and if the author has, and if God thinks I wish to cause confusion, then to us be our crimes.

This book has contradicted the Bible, the Koran, history, geography and more. Even fictitious books get history and geography correct.

Why don't you just stop mingling that the Koran supports not the book? Has any Muslim said so. It clearly shows to me that those who claim to follow Christ, hate him but love that he himself love not- and what is that?False accusations.

You may not know it but a lot of muslims are asking other muslims not to regard the book as anything and to stay away from it. Go online and look it up and you will see it.
False accusations? For a book that contradicts itself, history, geography and every truth that has been told.

Admit it, you're desperate.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by DavidDylan(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2008
I wish muslims were more concerned about the quran the way they fret over anything remotely close to the bible.

This thread is on page what now and there is not one single thread on the quran . . .
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by osisi6(f): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2008
Isn't it typical.
The Jihad of deflection and deception.
Al taquiyyah in a turban grin
na today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Prophet T.B. Joshua: "Pray Against Interruption Of Democracy In Nigeria" / Hilarious Church Poster (pics And Video) / Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.