Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (21313 Views)

Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Googletrader Nigeria To Shut-down By November 11 2013!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by deleteme: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2013
i just heard from a realiable source that a serious Internet Fraud has hit FBN and thats the sole reason for the brief closure...
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by lifestyle1(m): 11:30am On Jun 05, 2013
Abmarshalo:

First Bank is still learning. They should come and learn from Zenith Bank how to migrate and upgrade between softwares without shutting down operations. They need SYSTEMATIC CAPATIOUS INTEGRATION and SYNCHRONIZATION

grin
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Reference(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2013
And by the time the new platform stabilizes and the run on services abates we could be talking a couple of weeks.

Anyway kudos for the heads up. Wish PHCN could be this honest not leaving the scene to speculators masquerading as journalist who would have reported the First Bank issue as:

'A certain bank whose mascot is a white elephant is playing the blues with its service because the zoo keeper is upgrading its food from grass to a new formula called Pinnacle 10."

Don't worry First Bank no one will jump ship and legal redress is not in our lexicon.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by DisGuy: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
Is this normal? they should be able to do this over the weekend at or even over night!

anyway i dont think many business rely on direct debits/standing orders
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by slimyem: 11:48am On Jun 05, 2013
If there's any bank that needs this upgrade;its first bank definitely.
They need to manage their tooooo many customers and services better.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by jerrywool: 11:54am On Jun 05, 2013
[size=28pt]There could be more to this![/size]
Yesterday my Dad called and asked me if i sent anyone to pay 10k into his account. I replied no (cos i never did), He said he recieved a credit alert of 10k paid into his account from one .........., a female i cant imagine knowing. He has also called my siblings and they gave similar reply.
I adviced him to wait untill today, that if it was a mistake of the bank or the depositor, it will be corrected.
Seeing this post this morning makes me think that something might be wrong lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by safejourney: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2013
Let all banks also shut for 5 days;
All networks for 5 days;
All filing stations for 5 days;
All ministries/parastatals for 5 days;
All Iyaloja's for 5 days;
All Airlines for 5 days
All Transporters for 5 days;

and see what will happen.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by jerrywool: 11:59am On Jun 05, 2013
deleteme: i just heard from a realiable source that a serious Internet Fraud has hit FBN and thats the sole reason for the brief closure...

Confirmento!
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by jerrywool: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
bright_edge: When I read this, I felt that I've heard this news before. Did a quick search and found this:

http://www.technologybanker.com/it-ops/first-bank-of-nigeria-switches-to-finacle-10

Apprently, they switched to Finacle 10 since July last year. Am I missing something here?

Also, why should an upgrade take 5 days? I'm even surprised the operations exectives/CEO/Board approved it. I can't even think of how much the bank would loose if their service was down by 3 hours, now 5 days? What about those people outside the country, travelling, or that depend on daily cash flow for their businesses? There should be a better solution!

Confirmento!
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Jalal(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Dis na real bank holiday grin
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by fineworker(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
ITbomb: It is always nice to have
Two bank accounts
Two sim cards
Two cars
Two jobs
and
One wife and another girlfriend
Guy easy
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by famuy35: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
deleteme: i just heard from a reliable source that a serious Internet Fraud has hit FBN and thats the sole reason for the brief closure...

This Internet Fraud news is UNTRUE! There has been no Internet fraud. They are conducting Planned Upgrade Of Their Banking Platform. The bank is closed from 12pm on Thursday, June 6, 2013 until 8am, on Monday, June 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5tsA18C_I

Got this message on from their website

Dear Valued Customer,

THE PLANNED UPGRADE OF OUR BANKING PLATFORM WILL AFFECT OUR SERVICES IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

Branch Closure: All branches will be closed from 12pm on Thursday, June 6, 2013 until 8am, on Monday, June 10. All over the counter services will not be available during this time.

ATM Services: ATM Services will be available until 5pm on Sunday, June 9 and will be restored at 6am, on Monday, June 10.
The following services will be available during this time:

(a) Balance Inquiry
(b) Cash Withdrawal
(c) Cash Deposit (on applicable ATMs)
(d) Intra Account Transfer (Self accounts)
(e) Intra-bank Account Transfer (Third party transfer within FBN)

Online Banking: Online Banking will be available until 5pm on Sunday, June 9 and will be restored at 6am, on Monday, June 10.

The following services will be available during this time:

(a) Balance Inquiry
(b) Intra Account Transfer (Self accounts)
(c) Intra-bank Account Transfer (Third party transfer within FBN)

Mobile Money Services: Mobile Money Services will be available all through the disruption period. Mobile Money Services include:

(a) Send money to Phone from Phone
(b) Send money from ATM to Phone
(c) Withdraw Money from Agent and ATM
(d) Make Purchase from agents registered with FirstMonie
(e) Value Added Services (VAS) e.g. wallet balance check, Change Pin, Invite a Friend

POS Transactions: Will not be available during this period

Transaction Alerts: Will not be available during this period

Card Services: Card Services will not be available via Quick Teller and the Web. Quick teller and Web transactions can only be performed using our Visa Prepaid Card Services.

Others: All transactions that will impact on the banking platform e.g. settlements, inter bank (RIGS, NEFT, FIP) inflows will not be available.

Please note that from 5pm on Sunday June 9, all alternative channels will not be available for use. All services will be restored by Monday June 10. Branches will open as usual by 8am on Monday June 10.

Please ensure you do not reveal your online banking password(s), token number(s) and ATM PIN(s) to a third party. Do not open online links, respond to suspicious calls, mails or letters requesting your banking details. These messages are fraudulent and are not from FirstBank.

For all enquiries call FirstContact 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228)
Tel: 01-4485500; 0708-062-5000 Email: firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com
SMS short code: 30012

For complaints: complaints@firstbanknigeria.com

FirstBank ...truly the first

3 Likes

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by shocks(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
gunuvi: I am not bothered jare. I have my
personal bank called "Kolo" na only
one branch e get and na under my
bed be the location.
please furnish me with your house address so I can make withdrawals too. grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Zamizoni(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
TrebleChamp: Good thing i made my withdrawal on monday, na wetin i for tell my landlady dis weekend?

YOU FOR TELL HER THE SAME THING YOU TOLD HER THE LAST TIME......
''EM' EM' EM' PLS BEAR WITH ME MA!!!'' gringringrin

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
life_style:

put this in words..
_
N277,591,386,490,666,000

two hundred and seventy-seven quadrillion, five hundred and ninety-one trillion, three hundred and eighty-six billion, four hundred and ninety million and six hundred and sixty-six thousand Naira.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Strongfaze(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
ITbomb: It is always nice to have
Two bank accounts
Two sim cards
Two cars
Two jobs
and
One wife and another girlfriend
hhihihihihihihihihihihihhihihi....... Bro u too much! Chop knuckle
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ebi be like say massive rigging don happen for their account.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by DisGuy: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
N277,591,386,490,666.000

two hundred and seventy-seven quadrillion, five hundred and ninety-one trillion, three hundred and eighty-six billion, four hundred and ninety million and six hundred and sixty-six thousand Naira.

now convert if to Dollars/Pounds please

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by CrazyMan(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
safe journey:
Let all banks also shut for 5 days;
All networks for 5 days;
All filing stations for 5 days;
All ministries/parastatals for 5 days;
All Iyaloja's for 5 days;
All Airlines for 5 days
All Transporters for 5 days;

and see what will happen.
And what makes you think you would live to see what happens.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by ITbomb(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
famuy35:

This Internet Fraud news is UNTRUE! There has been no Internet fraud. They are conducting Planned Upgrade Of Their Banking Platform. The bank is closed from 12pm on Thursday, June 6, 2013 until 8am, on Monday, June 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5tsA18C_I

FirstBank ...truly the first
Concerning this youtube video.
I thought they say we should not make calls in or around the bank premises.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by prosperthonia(f): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊t is Fø̲̣̣я̅ their customers. They can even shut down kpam kpam.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by hayoakins(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
ITbomb:
Concerning this youtube video.
I thought they say we should not make calls in or around the bank premises.

"IN" not "around" grin remember to read the Notice again when next you visit any of the branches
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by ITbomb(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
hayoakins: "IN" not "around" grin remember to read the Notice again when next you visit any of the branches
Hope you tell that to the mopol standing nearby when next you make the call 'around' the bank grin grin grin
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by AndrewFlexx9(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
First Bank need to Upgrade seriously cos after debiting my Cash twice last week without paying Me,they really need 2 get their Service Re-Examined!...
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by hayoakins(m): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
ITbomb:
Hope you tell that to the mopol standing nearby when next you make the call 'around' the bank grin grin grin

why would you make call around the bank when a mopol is in sight?...your case na SORRY OH grin
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by InvertedHammer: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
/
I can't count how many frustrating incidents of "Network Down" I had witnessed in First Bank.

I hope this new moves/updates will help their banking solution

//
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by brightedge(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
N277,591,386,490,666.000

Bros the right number is: Two hundred and seventy-seven trillion, five hundred and ninety-one billion, three hundred and eighty-six million, four hundred and ninety-six thousand and six hundred and sixty-six Nairas.

You can enroll for counting lessons. grin

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by dubsy20(m): 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
I just pray people's money will still be safe. Maka na Odighi afi aru ofiaba aru
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by gunuvi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
shocks: please furnish me with your house address so I can make withdrawals too. grin
Hehehehe.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by amodaade: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
This upgrade should have been scheduled for the Easter period.
Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by TS2(m): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
amodaade: This upgrade should have been scheduled for the Easter period.

Then how would people have been able to spend money during the festive season?

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
Strange that a major org. will will go as far as announcing the version of system they are upgrading to and time. Don't know about you but I see it as a security error.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.