Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,160 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements (591 Views)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Coordinate Attacks – Buratai Boasts / Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / "Don't Negotiate With Boko Haram "- CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by camelus: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2013
Boko Haram: CAN want Buhari arrested over provocative statements

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on June 5, 2013
Tweet Pin It

The Nigerian Christian community under the auspices of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Tuesday, called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the former Head of State and national leader of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Muhammadu Buhari ((rtd), over alleged provocative statements.
CAN, under the leadership of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, in a statement signed by his Media Assistant, Kenny Ashaka said that the former warlord, having in various occasions justified the action of the sect, remains a big security threat to the country’s corporate existence.
He insisted that it was unfortunate that when every Nigerian was praying for successful military onslaught on the insurgence, Buhari, rather than sharing the same feeling with well-meaning Nigerians, was busy indulging in careless statements, without regards for the victims of the attacKs whom he said were mostly Christians.
The statement reads in part, “The retired General was widely reported by several national newspaper Correspondents, who monitored the Liberty Radio programme “Guest of the week”, to have questioned the “special treatment” given to the Niger-Delta militants by the Federal Government while the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses destroyed by government.
“They (the Niger-Delta militants) were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues. What brought this? It is injustice”, the former Head of State was quoted to have said.
“I cannot wish away the outburst of harshly critical statements, especially as some of them are directly related to the defense of the Boko Haram sect whose members have continued to kill, maim Christians and burn Churches. I feel the pain inflicted on Christians living in the north is too deep for us in CAN to ignore any unsavoury statement that tend to portray innocent Christians who have been killed by the sect members as the aggressors.
“It is shocking that at a time well-meaning Nigerians are praying for the success of our soldiers, Buhari, rather than reflect the mood of the nation in his statements and conducts is indulging in careless statements without regards for victims of the sect’s violence who are mostly Christians.
“I have, several times been vindicated that Boko Haram is not inspired by pecuniary motives, the latest of which is the statement by Robert Fowler, the released former United Nation’s envoy to Niger Republic who said in a BBC programme, “Hard Talk”, aired on Tuesday, 4th of June, 2013, that his captors never talked of poverty, but islamisation of Africa.
“Spent and defeated politicians with outburst of temper and elders like Buhari who take delight in inflaming religious and ethnic passions should, therefore, be arrested and made to explain some of the issues raised by them. This is why I call for the arrest of Buhari now. Buhari is a big security risk to Nigeria’s cooperate existence.
“It is laughable that Buhari, an ex-Head of State, a General in the Nigerian Army who has served this country in different capacities would support Islamists who are confronting those in his constituency who are fighting to keep the nation from dismemberment. For Buhari who has led a Brigade of troops in 1982 to repel invading Chadian troops from the same north-eastern borders of Nigeria, the first major foreign invasion, to oppose a state of emergency when some parts of Borno and Yobe States had been occupied and the Nigerian flag replaced with theirs, burnt Churches, schools, government institutions, killed innocent Christians, attacked traditional rulers and others not sympathetic to their cause, speaks volume.
“The retired General’s sad commentary has not portrayed him as a national leader. As a retired General, he should have known that fights against terrorists are not mere child’s play. They are much more difficult than conventional war which he fought in 1982. If Buhari is a national leader, he should have been more concerned about the killings of innocent ones by the sect members and the success of the troops and not that of terrorists as he has been doing,” it added.

Source:
http:///BgwHlh0nVD
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by iRepFactmart: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2013
i dont know about these anymore, its disturbing expecially when such trivia comes from a general. Hmmm!
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by WizPrince1(m): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2013
You can decieve others but you can't decieve me. I know you're one of the sponsors of Boko Haram... The funny thing is that; is now that they want to get him arrested. Since 2011 when he made threat speech that Nigeria would be ungovernable if GEJ Wins!! And now what are we seeing...?

Hence, this has even poisoned some people's minds and they now hate GEJ irrespective of the Comments made by Buhari.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by Greatken007(m): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2013
IT WILL BE BETTER FOR ME TO BURY MY VOTE THAN FOR ME TO VOTE FOR BUHARI....HE IS A HAZARD TO THE NATION.HE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE WAR

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by eyenCalabar(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2013
Must this CAN always make a statement in everything? I think they should learn to keep quite in some things. Yes, silence! That's the best answer to a fool like Buhari in this case. They should be careful please else their name would be change to can. Cans make noise like this. I see this statement as noise. Yes! Spurious voltage with little or no periodicity. It was just unnecessary.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Want Buhari Arrested Over Provocative Statements by OAM4J: 10:06am On Jun 05, 2013

(1)

NGF Election: Amaechi Is The Authentic Chairman – Nyako / Nigeria: Military Lays Claim To Killing Boko Haram Kingpin / Mko Abiola, Susan Rice And A Deadly Cup Of Tea, By Femi Fani Kayode.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.