Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136154 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by abduldope(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
jst imagine usless tlk wen una de yarn Wetin b china phne ? Abi una tink say na ITEL....mtchwwww we'r tlkn abt andriod here nt more so mk una park weLL abG!!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Bawss1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:

You said almost.
What you should understand is that it is wrong to state that both phone do the same thing when you know that the specs aren't the same. For eg, the SIII packs a quadcore clocked at 1.4 while the F7 is just dual core clocked at 1.0GHz, now under intense use, you can hardly differentiate the F7 from an electrin iron and the battery will drain faster, but the SIII will still be cool.

Electric iron. cheesy cheesy grin

Tecno users don't care if their phones heat up their ears while they use it. After all it runs on android like other phones.

This is a call to the NCC, Ministry of Health and other relevant authorities to issue health warnings on the use of all mobile radioactive devices (aka Tecno phones) grin This might be a ploy by a certain Asian country to decimate the Nigerian population under the guise of international trade. cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Ojix85: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
tosnat:
Who else wuld use a fone so much so tense dat it will heat up like an electric iron if not a crazy nigerian??...if 1.0GHz processor is not more than enough for you to use the I wonda wat kind of person you are. Since u have nofin else to do dan waste ur tym operating a fone

Sorry ooo... But even the S3's 1.4ghz Quad core processor is currently considered outdated. Check out the US variant of the S4 clocked at 1.9ghz. Smart phones are made for a reason. To be fully utilized ..
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
tosnat:
Who else wuld use a fone so much so tense dat it will heat up like an electric iron if not a crazy nigerian??...if 1.0GHz processor is not more than enough for you to use the I wonda wat kind of person you are. Since u have nofin else to do dan waste ur tym operating a fone

So now you know that both devices aren't in the same league?
I will graciously ignore the other parts of your comment. I like keeping my posts civil, thank you.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by onyoluikechukwu: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yea china phone is china phone samsung is korean product if u must know.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tribalism(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Am sure the poster is not a fan of SAMSUNG.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zeanslim(m): 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
tribalism: Am sure the poster is not a fan of SAMSUNG.
kai
I l♥ve both PHONES

But TECNO l♥ve me MORE !!! cheesy
tribalism: Am sure the poster is not a fan of SAMSUNG.
kai
I l♥ve both PHONES

But TECNO l♥ve me MORE !!!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by loswhite(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
kawkab: Please the poster should kindly note that Samsung Galaxy S3 has been globally recognised as one of the global leader in smartphone/android platform until the introduction of the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, and Sony Xperia Z. Tecno is nmot rated as a global brand and online and global benchmarking sites like GSM Arena and other do not really reckon with it. That does not mean it is not a good phone. However, the repeated comparism of Tecno and samsung is sickening.

Those that want to use Samsung should do so while those that want Tecno should also use their in peace.
they are begging 4 approval hence the comparison.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Abbott(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
5 pages?!
Good LORD!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tosnat: 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17:

I will graciously ignore the other parts of your comment. I like keeping my posts civil, thank you.
Ojix85:

Sorry ooo... But even the S3's 1.4ghz Quad core processor is currently considered outdated. Check out the US variant of the S4 clocked at 1.9ghz. Smart phones are made for a reason. To be fully utilized ..
xxyz17:

Perhaps you don't even understand what on here..
If tecno can make 1.0GHz dual core what makes you think they can't produce 1.4 and 1.9GHz quad core??its all about market dynamics.tecno won't stop at F7.the won't let all the cats out of the bag at once;its business and dats how samsung started,dats how its done everwer.a 1.0GHz dual core,5.0",smart design,8M.P camera etc fone has a high value to money ratio compared to samsung..I hope you knw what 'value to money ratio' means

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by loswhite(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
mankand:

Oga Cash money, it is not lack of money. What is the noise in Samsung. What is the special effect that it can serve me and i am not enjoying on Tecno. You Nigerians have already been brainwashed with name. I do not value name when I am talking about been able to perform.

nobody brainwash anybody jor. it is all abt choice, so Js stick to what u can afford
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by loswhite(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
mankand:

Oga Cash money, it is not lack of money. What is the noise in Samsung. What is the special effect that it can serve me and i am not enjoying on Tecno. You Nigerians have already been brainwashed with name. I do not value name when I am talking about been able to perform.

nobody brainwash anybody jor. it is all abt choice, so Js stick to what u can afford
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by 3ace(m): 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
great664: Techno all the way, leave name, encourage and buy good product. Just like when i bought my Matsui TV 7yrs ago b4 i dash it out, never repaired it once-the seller said leave the name LG and buy good TV. I came to love the Matsui, its cheaper and bright and has more function to LG, like a PIN code request each time yoy power the TV On. So #Team Techno#

This one na true yarn o. I also bought an LG plasma tv in December 2010. Had a problem with it picture February this year, got it fixed but really wasn't satisfied. Really, some of these big names are fucking up these days. But in respect to the comparison at hand, this A7 is no match for the S3. If you don't give a damn about prestige and you want to consider prudence, A7 it is then as it will also perform above expectation considering the Ram and CPU. I think there should be a more comprehensive specification for comparison. The above scanty comparison is not fair to the Sammy.
Note: I'm also considering buying A7 soon.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
tosnat:
If tecno can make 1.0GHz dual core what makes you think they can't produce 1.4 and 1.9GHz quad core??its all about market dynamics.tecno won't stop at F7.the won't let all the cats out of the bag at once;its business and dats how samsung started,dats how its done everwer.a 1.0GHz dual core,5.0",smart design,8M.P camera etc fone has a high value to money ratio compared to samsung..I hope you knw what 'value to money ratio' means
I understand what you are saying. What is the crux of this thread is the uninformed attempt by some people to lump the F7 and the SIII in the same category, claiming that the F7 will do whatever the SIII can do and that the SIII is simply overpriced.
There's no doubting that Tecno can manufacture a phone that is at par with the SIII in terms of functionality and durability, but that will take years plus heavy investment on R & D and not just by copying cheap technology.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by churific(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
This must be comedy comparing the S3 to that "other phone."

Only in Nigeria which is a market that's of course driven mostly by price so it's understandable.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by lolaben(m): 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nigerians generally like efeezy.... even with our small change we will buy a 2 door honda civic and tint the glass and compare it to an audi rs4.....u never see anything. samsung is for big boys with class and techno is for d lower level cadre. it is just like eating rice at a fast food and at iya basira or mama put, d price range is way different. techno is coming up.... but the specs are way different.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Even the Gionee Dream D1 is way ahead of Tecno F7's league, yet you don't see its users lamely trying to compare it to the SIII.
The D1 is driven by a powerful Cortex A7 quadcore processor clocked at 1.2GHz.
HD Super Amoled display and Gorilla glass.
I'd go for that D1 instead of the F7
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
techno fanboys have suffered,they are being compared to iya basira customers but on a serious note comparing tecno to gs3 is like comparing a bombardier cj100 to a boeing 747,sure they both fly,they take you to your destination but one is simply better and comparing both phones doesn't do justice to the gs3,they are both phones but in terms of quality one is simply superb but if am a casual phone user i think the phantom is pretty good and the pricing is wonderful and for those that think only poor guys buy tecno phones and go to mama put,you are wrong,sometimes overpriced items are at best simply overpriced and buying something cheaper is called common sense.am going thrift shoping in a tecno store

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by yomalex(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by achi4u(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Zammydagreat: i reject any form of china in my life...techno be like ABA polo b4 u throw two steps u don see am with 80 people...mtschewwwww #teamHtc
na dat one be ur problem
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ethicalUser(m): 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Which phone has Nigeria produced? Shame to y'all running Techno down when your country cant even manufacture a calculator..nonsense. Techno is a product of a country's working so hard to improve the quality of its products in the face of the global market.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
lolaben: Nigerians generally like efeezy.... even with our small change we will buy a 2 door honda civic and tint the glass and compare it to an audi rs4.....u never see anything. samsung is for big boys with class and techno is for d lower level cadre. it is just like eating rice at a fast food and at iya basira or mama put, d price range is way different. techno is coming up.... but the specs are way different.
its doesnt mater,what matter is make i bele full,even those fast food meal dey kill body small small

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ochukoccna: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
Chai?
See what Tecno groupies have become undecided
Tecno has no visibility on global mobile forums like gsmarena,engadget,know your mobile etal
XDA developers has no knowledge of them
Specs wise,better Chinese brands like Jiayu and Zopo trump them talk less of a Samsung ,HTC or LG
What of the resale value
Tecno is wack and that's coming from a former Tecno user (T8)
The Phantom might be good for some people yet shoe get size for even it doesn't hold a candle to the S2 talk l
If you dont like what I said,go slap a JTF soldier to get his attention in assauging your misery cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Kamaye(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
I love Tecno phones, infact am currently using the N3 planning to upgrade to F7 but on a serious note, pleassss stop this comparison. no doubt the F7 is a good phone at it's price but S3 is from another planet, why not compare F7 with galaxy grand dous and see if the F7 will even match the galaxy grand.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by moppie123(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
zeanslim: Take a DEEP LOOK !!!

check the price TAGS

then BUY!!!!
funny how u forgot to add samsung galaxy s3's super amoled capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors,the corning gorilla glass 2 screen,the touchwiz UI, the geotagging,face and smile detection, anti shake,image stabilization and touch focus features of the camera, the Exynos 4412 Quad chipset, the Mali 400 graphics processing unit,the gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensors,S-Voice natural language commands and dictation,Smart Stay eye tracking,Dropbox (50 GB storage),Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic,TV-out (via MHL A/V link),MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player which plays movies in mkv format too, and the Predictive text input (Swype). Galaxy s3 is still quite far ahead. Most importantly, SGHI9300 (galaxy s3) has a higher second hand market value

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Graphene(m): 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
Menh!! Na wa ooo the OP needs some medical attention. Comapring the F7 and S4 is crazy. How you wan compare boi-boi and CHAIRMAN. However the F7 is a nice phone with nice specs to price but it can never be compared to the S3 in every department.
I feel a lot of people are surprised at the fact that a lot of nigerians are buying this tecno mobile phones despite the "chinko" Label. It annoys them when tecno users say "my phone can do anything yours(samsung,HTC,sony,etc) can do". No matter how it might sound but that's true. The only disadvantage the tecno users have is the lack of updates and re-saleability. However, with a rooted phone, that's not gonna be a problem.
Finally, Tecno fans should pls stop comparing a low end phone(F7,N7,N3 etc) with a high end phone(S4,HTC one,xperia Z etc), dem no be una mate at allllllllllllllll!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
tosnat:
He is not over using his phone rather you do not know how to explore your device maximumly. The chinese are aware of this fact thats why the made these sub-standard devices for you people.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tecno is working very hard and improving on dia products while the packaging's still de same... Whether its F7 or F9 as far as say na Tecno de dia,... NO WAY!!!
Simply put, the problem of tecno is "TECNO"
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by nuwell(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
OlowoTee: I have a dream that someday soon, we shall be proud of "Made in Nigeria" phones. cheesy cheesy

Abi o. But make we first start with solid toothbrush sef na
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
moppie123: funny how u forgot to add samsung galaxy s3's super amoled capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors,the corning gorilla glass 2 screen,the touchwiz UI, the geotagging,face and smile detection, anti shake,image stabilization and touch focus features of the camera, the Exynos 4412 Quad chipset, the Mali 400 graphics processing unit,the gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensors,S-Voice natural language commands and dictation,Smart Stay eye tracking,Dropbox (50 GB storage),Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic,TV-out (via MHL A/V link),MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player which plays movies in mkv format too, and the Predictive text input (Swype). Galaxy s3 is still quite far ahead. Most importantly, SGHI9300 (galaxy s3) has a higher second hand market value
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
^^^This nigga has said it all. KO Tecno. Infact thread closed.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by MIB1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
tosnat:

OGA TECNO DOES NOT HAVE ANY CAT IN ANY BAG.. A FULL SMARTPHONE EXPERIENCE DEMANDS JUICE(CPU POWER) AND THE F7 LACKS IT. TECNO USES OUTDATED, CHEAP HARDWARE DOESN'T THAT TELL U THAT THOSE PHONES WILL LAG AND WON'T LAST. WHEN U BUY AN S3 U BUY THE BEST OF ENGINEERING

COMING FROM A LUMIA USER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.