Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP (22631 Views)

Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / Bauchi Presidential Rally Was Attacked By PDP Supporters - Yuguda / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by jerrywool: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
NTA just reported that the Governor was suspended for his disregard for the constitution of the party.

more can be found here

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/news/pdp-suspends-sokoto-governor/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/pdp-suspends-gov-wamakko/

The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday suspended another governor elected on its platform.
This time, it was the Sokoto State Governor, Dr. Aliyu Wamakko.
The party less than two weeks ago suspended the Rivers State Governor, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.
A statement on Wednesday by the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, said Wamakko was suspended because of his repeated breaches of the party’s constitution.
Metuh said the governor had failed, several times, to honor the invitations and lawful directives of the NWC, which suspended him on Wednesday.
The statement by Metuh reads in full: “The National Working Committee at its 338th meeting held on Wednesday, June 5, 2013, extensively discussed the state of the Party across the nation and its members as well as the repeated breaches and disregard to the Party’s Constitution by his Excellency, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, the Executive Governor of Sokoto State.
“The NWC notes that on several occasions, Governor Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko had ignored invitations and lawful directives of the NWC in this regard and has continued to show complete apathy to the affairs of the party and contempt to an organ of the Party.
“Consequent upon the refusal of the Governor to honour yet another invitation by the NWC to appear before it today, Wednesday, June 5, 2013 without any reason, the Committee, in exercise of the powers conferred by Articles 57 (3), 57 (7), 58. 1(c ),(h), (f) and 59 (1),(2), hereby suspends the Executive Governor of Sokoto State, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda
Wamakko as a member of the party and refers the matter to the appropriate disciplinary committee of the Party.
“This is in furtherance of the determination of the leadership of the Party to enforce discipline at all levels within the Party.”

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by arcis: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Good for PDP! Pls suspend all PDP governors from your party. I can c ur do.nf.ll. Yeye people.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
Arrogance of "born to rule" at work

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Jalal(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hahaha let dem suspend dem all!

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Gamji007: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Arrogance of "born to rule" at work

Cluelessness of the party leadership.

Another step towards the destruction of PDP. More suspensions to follow soon!

27 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2013

What a deflated clown you are! Even in U.S, Governors and politicians have problems with their party heirachy without getting banned or suspended. This isn't democracy we are practicing in Nigeria, it is autocracy in display. I can list tens of Democrats who have criticized Obama without him hounding them all over the place.

Jonathan is jittery of what lies ahead of PDP primaries. Fact!

46 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
Gamji007: ^^^
Cluelessness of the party leadership.

Another step towards the destruction of PDP. More suspensions to follow soon!
i am still waiting for the day you would post something sensible on Nairaland.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
payless:

What a deflated clown you are! Even in U.S, Governors and politicians have problems with their party heirachy without getting banned or suspended. This isn't democracy we are practicing in Nigeria, it is autocracy in display. I can list tens of Democrats who have criticized Obama without him hounding them all over the place.

Jonathan is jittery of what lies ahead of PDP primaries. Fact!
if a member of the APC flouts the party rules, i guess he would be left off the hook, abi?

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Meritbaba(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Maybe Okupe actually made a mistake, maybe its PDP to collapse by 2014

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
if a member of the APC flouts the party rules, i guess he would be left off the hook, abi?

We don't know that yet because no one has been suspended in APC. If APC ever tries the same thing PDP is doing, we shall comdemn them too.

19 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Gamji007: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
i am still waiting for the day you would post something sensible on Nairaland.

That will be the day you cease to be senseless!

31 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
payless:

We don't know that yet because no one has been suspended in APC. If APC ever tries the same thing PDP is doing, we shall comdemn them too.
see guy, this is strictly PDP affairs. it isnt anybody's business.
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Garrithe1st: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2013

Same with Amaechi..... Abi??

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by tomakint: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Too many clowns on Nairaland lately! Jonathan is taking PDP through a phase unfortunately, many goons especially from the oppositions seem not to see the handwriting on the wall that PDP is weeding out the bad eggs and thereby creating a stronger party faithful members who will be loyal to the leader, the man, Jonathan! By the time this process is concluded, 2014 will be used as a time to win new 'faithful' that will take the opposition by surprise - you can quote me!

17 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Gamji007:

That will be the day you cease to be senseless!
Cattle-rearer oshi. i shouldnt dignify your ilk with responses again
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real: http://www.spyghana.com/acn-suspends-acting-state-chairman-mr-esuku-m-esuku/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/rivers-acn-suspends-five-for-anti-party-activities/

What is anti party in voting for Amaechi at the NGF election? It is wrong to suspend a party member whether ACN or PDP. How many times have you heard politicians were suspended by their parties in U.S or U.K? This is not a democracy as we know it.

Having an independent mind is not synonimous to anti party activity.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Gamji007: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
Cattle-rearer oshi. i shouldnt dignify your ilk with responses again

But you sabi chop Suya!

Oloshi.

16 Likes

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
see guy, this is strictly PDP affairs. it isnt anybody's business.

You should tell that to the court of law when GEJ and PDP are dragged to court to challenge thier autocratic ways.
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
payless:

What is anti party in voting for Amaechi at the NGF election? It is wrong to suspend a party member whether ACN or PDP. How many times have you heard politicians were suspended by their parties in U.S or U.K? This is not a democracy as we know it.

Having an independent mind is not synonimous to anti party activity.
Has anyone said they are suspending him because of Amaechi? and i insist, this is PDP AFFAIRS. Unless u are a card-carrying PDP member, you should not take panadol for their headache.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by tomakint: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
Has anyone said they are suspending him because of Amaechi? and i insist, this is PDP AFFAIRS. Unless u are a card-carrying PDP member, you should not take panadol for their headache.
God bless you for that short but loaded response!
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:

Like I said earlier, tell the court it is PDP affairs when GEJ and his cohorts are dragged to the court for their autocratic tendencies.
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
pls let them suspend more Governors

soon only Jonathan will be left in that party

Babangida Aliyu should be next

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
payless:

Like I said earlier, tell the court it is PDP affairs when GEJ and his cohorts are dragged to the court for their autocratic tendencies.
define the term "autocratic tendencies". Can an Organisation not enforce internal discipline amongst its members again? If your neighbour disciplines his child, would you question him as to his right to do so?

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
oddy4real:
define the term "autocratic tendencies". Can an Organisation not enforce internal discipline amongst its members again? If your neighbour disciplines his child, would you question him as to his right to do so?

You may have to help PDP explain that when they are finall challenged in a court of law.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
mikeansy: pls let them suspend more Governors

soon only Jonathan will be left in that party

Babangida Aliyu should be next

Exactly!
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
payless:

You may have to help PDP explain that when they are finall challenged in a court of law.
Well, as you can see from my signature, i am a qualified Lawyer. The PDP have observed the rules of natural justice AUDI ALTAREM PATEM (HEAR THE OTHER SIDE) when they invited him to say his side of the story and he refused. So what else can you say bro?
Wamakko played himself.

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by tomakint: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
This is 'Operation Shape In or Shape Out' kudos to Jonathan on this one!
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
wetin happen again? with this fortnightly suspensions, fee dee fee will soon run out of gov'nors to suspend, and when that day arrives, hope they won't start suspending Nigerians from Nigeria. pls somebody tell the "suspension guy" we are just innocent bystanders o, thank you

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
The present crop of pdp governors do not listen to anyone. More suspension will definitely come but who are they deceiving? Apc had better legalise and start filling the blanks.
Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by dridowu: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
Pdp downfall looming

Re: Wamakko Governor Of Sokoto Suspended By PDP by oddy4real(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
dridowu: Pdp downfall looming

Switzerland Returns Abacha's $700m Loot To Nigerian Government / APC Crisis: Video Of Attack On Rivers State High Court By Thugs / 2019 Budget: Blame Yourself For Delay In Passage – Dogara Tells Buhari