Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola (1668 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / Could You Pls Drop Some Ntoooor For Labaran Maku. / Request For Labaran Maku To Return As Information Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by jawjaw1: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola has accused the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, of losing his sense of judgement within the short period he has stayed on the corridor of power. Fashola stated this in a statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday while faulting the claim by Maku at a ministerial briefing in Abuja on Monday that the Lagos governor had not achieved anything in office.

In a statement signed by the state commissioner for information, Lateef Ibirogba, Fashaola also expressed a great pity for the minister.

The statement reads in part, “We read with a sense of pity the story credited to the Hon. Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, denying the verifiable achievements of His Excellency, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, the Governor of Lagos State.

“On one hand we feel great pity that Mr. Maku has within a short time lost touch with the ethics of Journalism which emphasizes accuracy, objectivity and facts. On the other hand, we pity the country if the man with the status of Hon. Minister of Information can descend so low as to misinform the world with such impunity.

“Although his reason for such inflammatory remarks is still hard to discern, he would have done himself and the nation much good by limiting himself to his brief rather than dabbling into issues he knows next to nothing about.

“In an assignment such as Ministerial briefing, as Lagos State had just done while marking the 6th anniversary of His Excellency, all Maku would have done in his remarks was to concentrate more on the achievements of the Federal government if there is any and if there was nothing to report ( as is clear from his vituperation) he could still have done himself a world of good by keeping quiet (as journalism dictates) than exposing himself to such ridicule through the unguarded statement credited to him.

http://www.nigeriaintel.com/2013/06/06/i-feel-great-pity-for-labaran-maku-fashola/

1 Like

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by jawjaw1: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
Seriously, I feel pity for Maku too!

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by rooftech: 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
he should be made to answer questions for killings of police in nasarawa
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
Maku is a political jobber...he need to show more loyalty as his job is on the firing line..

1 Like

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
To be fair and honest, Maku crossed the line with his comments. He acted very unprofessionally as a minister of information. People in his position shouldn't play politics with certain issues, he should learn from his predecessors.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by slimghost(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Labaran Maku the talkative. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by silat(f): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Maku said brt lanes belong to fg.is that not true? He said Fashola' main challenge is traffic control and environmental sanitation. Is that totally false? Hope truth is not now bitter.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
silat: Maku said brt lanes belong to fg.is that not true? He said Fashola' main challenge is traffic control and environmental sanitation. Is that totally false? Hope truth is not now bitter.
did maku or gej create the brt lanes? Has brt been a blessing to lagosians or not? Is the expansion of mile 12 to ikorodu being done by maku or gej? I can go on and on

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
as Lagos State had just done while marking the 6th anniversary of His Excellency, all Maku would have done in his remarks was to concentrate more on the achievements of the Federal government if there is any and if there was nothing to report ( as is clear from his vituperation) he could still have done himself a world of good by keeping quiet (as journalism dictates) than exposing himself to such ridicule through the unguarded statement credited to him.
madt punchline cheesy
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
Although his reason for such inflammatory remarks is still hard to discern, he would have done himself and the nation much good by limiting himself to his brief rather than dabbling into issues he knows next to nothing about.
From a minister of the federal republic, that's a shame angry
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
silat: Maku said brt lanes belong to fg.is that not true? He said Fashola' main challenge is traffic control and environmental sanitation. Is that totally false? Hope truth is not now bitter.
pls, except for d subsidy buses d govt gave to all states, how is BRT related with d FG in lagos? Are u insane or jes out of senses? Don't u knw d start of the buses in lagos? You assslicker!

Abeg fash, relax, we undstnd. The source of the ministers dullness is not a secret.

illustration:

A person wey get k-leg carry load for head, the load come tilt sideways. You come dey abuse am say make she carry d load properly.

Her response: bros, no be my fault na, una no see my foundation? I get k-leg na!!

Dear fashola, the president(foundation) whom these clueless ministers work for, how will u rate his senses?

U dnt need to feel for the fool, they've gotten a clueless president!
Simples!!

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: pls, except for d subsidy buses d govt gave to all states, how is BRT related with d FG in lagos? Are u insane or jes out of senses? Don't u knw d start of the buses in lagos? You assslicker!

Abeg fash, relax, we undstnd. The source of the ministers dullness is not a secret.

illustration:

A person wey get k-leg carry load for head, the load come tilt sideways. You come dey abuse am say make she carry d load properly.

Her response: bros, no be my fault na, una no see my foundation? I get k-leg na!!

Dear fashola, the president(foundation) whom these clueless ministers work for, how will u rate his senses?

U dnt need to feel for the fool, they've gotten a clueless president!
Simples!!

You're so harsh cry cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by usayab(m): 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
Maku na comfirm oga @ d top, i mean that civil defence man.
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
LIEbaran Maku punched above his weight class on this one undecided
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Abbott(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nigerian men are not honourable. Spineless souls!!!
And I mean loafers like Labaran Maku!
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Vado(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
"Feel Pity" nice condescending retort. grin grin ;
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Gbawe: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
GEJ is to be pitied too for the woeful conduct of those in his employment. Whereas Yar Adua had one Aondoakaa, virtually everyone connected with GEJ is a lousy Aondoakaa-type. Speaks volumes for the predisposition of GEJ that he has to surround himself with so many uncouth, disrespectful and unprofessional attack dogs.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by otokx(m): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
the title made me laugh.
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by ballabriggs: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Labaran Maku, a failed cattle rarer, with zero sense is Jona's 'Minister for Misinformation', one can not but pity my country Nigeria.

Is the man on drugs? What does he smoke?

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2013
ballabriggs: Labaran Maku, a failed cattle rarer, with zero sense is Jona's 'Minister for Misinformation', one can not but pity my country Nigeria.

Is the man on drugs? What does he smoke?
He smokes bitter leaf
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by niggaman(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2013
DJTee: LIEbaran Maku punched above his weight class on this one undecided
LOL on dat, Maku na feather weight na, wonder why him no fit tell him clueless oga say the propagada pass am
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 7:18am On Jun 07, 2013

Truth is bitter dear.. sad sad
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by bcomputer101: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by bcomputer101: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2013
Labaran Maku smokes the best African Ganga.

So, Mr Fashola, don't be disappointed in him.
Re: I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Jun 07, 2013
I feel pity for these Fashola a$$lickers.

Considering the allocation they get monthly, the allocation given to the many L.G/area counsil & the tax from dwellers..
I cannot but shake my head a million times.

(1) (Reply)

Captured Boko Haram Suspect Corroborates JTF claim of Shekau's Death-Daily Trust / i will return to bayero university-fmr minister rufai / The Crazy Cost Of Healthcare In The US!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.