Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Asup Vs Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asup Vs Fg (940 Views)

Balancing The Budget: Kano-State Vs FG / Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) / ASUP Strike Called Off! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asup Vs Fg by Freeanijoo(m): 12:52am On Jun 07, 2013
When i heard about the asup strike at first i thought it had a political undertone because strike is not a common thing with asup, not untill when i picked up one of our national daillies to ascertain and evaluate there demands. Permit me to say with all sincerity of purpose that the media (print, electronic etc) is not giving this delicate issue the neccessary attention it require to awaken our government's consciousness to her basic and coperate responsibilities. At this stage of our national live, we can not over emphasize the importance of a technical education (as the polytechnic is set-up for) to our economy, taking a hoelistic look at the aim of establishing polytecnic education in nigeria, you would realise that it is not only to absorb the high number of secondary school leavers, but you would come to the conclusion that this institution of learning has the potential if properly positioned to amerliorate the ever increasing unemployment rate in our country. In my opinion ASUP is justified for this fight but the students are the people suffering from this fight. For weeks student under the umbrella of asup are at home pending when the issued will be settled and the strike called off. The disappointment and frustration is better imagined. As a penecea, does ASUP has the legal power to sue the government of nigeria to court when the strike option is not working?

(1) (Reply)

We Begged Oshiomhole To Join PDP / Fashola Seals Off Kalu’s House / Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.