Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. (18456 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Help Me And Thank God, Got Job With Nigerian Turkish International College / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2013
Billyonaire: Hope you pay the Nigerians the same remunerations you offered the Foreigners. Anything less will be unacceptable by me, my Nigerians are not second fiddle. We are a golden pacesetters. Ask Dangote, a potential world richest human.

For your monikers sake show some little, tiny business savvyness. Why would you incentivise locals the same way as exparts? Being a billyonaire is as distant as earth is to the sun to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by afolayangs(m): 11:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Keneking: Signs of endtime for the company

what do u mean?
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by papaejima1: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2013
Are they also sacking those Chinko boys that keep blocking my free browsing brothers from doing their thing?
grin grin grin grin

free Browsing geeks, where you at?

Rush now b4 they change their mind grin grin grin
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by jimharry21(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
For me MTN is very useless and are bent on exploiting Nigerians!
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Alore: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
victorD3: These are all lies! Just as they lie about their networks.

And what is the truth?
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
collynzo2: I know I corrected you on your use of 'millions' on the other thread, but it seems you misunderstood me because of your low IQ, in the context above 'millions' would have been correct. When there is a figure before it you use 'million', when there is no figure before it and is followed by 'of' you use 'millions'.
Examples: millions of people
10 million people.
Free education on Nairaland.
Like I give a rat azz about, you should worry about you 56million illiterates , in fact go and educate them, they need your help more than me
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ddjay: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You people just love to complain. MTN has set the foundation and exparts are expensive as they are paid in their country of origin's currency plus incentive for leaving their place of origin. In Naija it includes body guards, transport ( chauffering, power, phone calls and travell allowances. And it shows more commitment to train locals to run their business enlarging the employment pool in the host country. Exparts always have an end of contract dates as they cannot leave their countries of origin for ever. They are there just to train and set up.

yes and dats wat airtel is doing (infact d 1st telelcom) most of the foreigners are managers and d number is reducingwhile naija abt 99%,no wonder dey pay d lowest.bt we tnk God 4 bin nigerians na,d most important tin is employment creatn, dats all, and notin follows,job hazard care and compensation,security (if under attack),job benefits (company product benefits for staff) etc are nt important,jst create or produce employment dats all.dis companies are making money piple and dia countries are enjoying d tax (GNP) if u doubt me,shut mtn down and jacob zuma will b in naija same day even b4 u do say it,same goes to oda foreign companies.if u can rememba boni yayi of benin republic was in abuja wen obj closed seme border.simple tin is pay well.someone once said ''a small scale industry has less dan 20 workers and has d protection govt'' fine and good,bt wen u hear mtn having dat amount of workers because the rest av bin outsourced to dealers and contractors,mayb u will understand beta.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by OLISASDEJI(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ho i wish this too can be done in all these chinese companies in nigeria.Only foriegn chinese,palestinians,pakistans and indonesians are foriegn expertriates. While nigerians are outsource staff that can be sacked at anytime. These companies are just taking all the money to china without having a concrete account in Nigeria. May God help us.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by sweetcheecks(f): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
dd_jay:
yes and dats wat airtel is doing (infact d 1st telelcom) most of the foreigners are managers and d number is reducingwhile naija abt 99%,no wonder dey pay d lowest.bt we tnk God 4 bin nigerians na,d most important tin is employment creatn, dats all, and notin follows,job hazard care and compensation,security (if under attack),job benefits (company product benefits for staff) etc are nt important,jst create or produce employment dats all.dis companies are making money piple and dia countries are enjoying d tax (GNP) if u doubt me,shut mtn down and jacob zuma will b in naija same day even b4 u do say it,same goes to oda foreign companies.if u can rememba boni
yayi of benin republic was in abuja wen obj closed seme
border.simple tin is pay well.someone once said ''a small scale
industry has less dan 20 workers and has d protection govt''
fine and good,bt wen u hear mtn having dat amount of
workers because the rest av bin outsourced to dealers and
contractors,mayb u will understand beta.

What the hell are you on about? undecided
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ShackAttack: 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
SlyIg:
You may be making some points there. Maybe they don't have enough money to continue funding the foreign expatriate.

FOREIGN EXPATRIATES! MTN IS THE LARGEST TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK IN AFRICA, THE MOVE IS SIMPLY TO BOOSTER INVESTMENT BY BEING NIGERIAN (after it moved its HQ from SA to NGR).
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by winneijay(f): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
It's time the Nigerian Government implements the 95% Nigerian 5% expatriates in all the sectors. Be it Oil & Gas e.t.c

These rule should be supervised and implemented strictly, I don't understand why the Chinese, Philippines e.t.c will come into Nigeria and be paying Nigerian graduates peanuts while the Chinese lives in places like Banana Island Ikoyi.

In Ghana, the people in charge of such policies ensures that it is adhered to. They ask such companies, what is it the expatriate does that a Ghananian can't do. A sister of mine that worked in GT Bank Ghana said she was almost sacked because they insisted that she is either included in the 5% expatriates or they sack her and employ a Ghananian that can do the Job.

If such policies is implemented in all those foreign companies that are making so much money in this country, The rate of unemployment in this country will drop to less than 5%.

1 Like

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ikchi: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Good one from MTN.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Positiveminds(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
How can some of you here be so unintelligent not to know that MTN isn't doing for interest of Nigerians. They are simply running away from the battlefield ochestrated by Boko Haram. They wonna the expatriates to face more bombs !
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Dee60: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nonsense talk. Nigerians replace expats in other to SAVE COSTS! Meaning what? The Nigerians will earn far less to do the same jobs! Can you give the Nigerians the same perks you gave the expats? Like housing them in Ikoyi?
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Ess: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
While the clueless is planning to hire expatriates to handle our online privacy.
Nigerians are blessed with hard working young experts that only require a little bit of training to handle any task.
A lot of Nigerians are working in Cisco (CCIEx3) and other Blue chips and are doing very well!
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Burger01(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
lacasa: These telecoms co's r exploiting ds Country bad.

The terms of service & insecurity of tenure is worse than the banking sector.

The pay in relation to thisn does not correlate at all.

The NCC is just a waste of time, doesn't regulate nor protect stringent issues

#.. They'r or they'v bn havin a field day in Nigeria undecided

Say What?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Ongoing Irokotv Recruitment 2017 / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.