Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years (17767 Views)

Ibadan Gets New Chief Imam / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized / Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by gramci: 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Yoy are still a sad cretin. I quoted a well-referenced source and you are foaming at the mouth disproportionately because Osun is represented in a positive light. Are we not back to the coco of the matter i.e any positive news about the SW draws out rants of jealous rage from you and you ilk?

The sad truth is that you are just a repellent creature of hate otherwise what are you doing on this thread mentioning that I quote osundefenders when you have nothing at all to say about the topic? You cannot hide your 'issues'. To do that you would have to mind your business which is totally impossible for folks like you.

See this clown, i am not interested in your propaganda as long as you don't drag other regions to your circus. Is that too difficult to comprehend? The graph you manufactured captured other states of the federation so by implication it concerns me. If you had cared enough to visit osundefender your source you must have seen that osundefender culled the bogus data from Governor Aregbesola's Facebook status, who does that?

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by mensdept: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
So BBC was correct that Nigeria has mismanaged tens of billions over the years. See after 30 years Ibadan has been beautified with a structure that will continue to keep the people local and stuck in the 1950s era.

Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: You mean it took them 30 years to build this crap?

Do these Yoruba people realise that we are in 2013!? The era of space travel, super computers, etc.

Even by 1995 standards, this market looks like SHIIT..

Na wa o o! No be small thing. 30 years just to build an ordinary market that a Local Government Council will bulid in 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
jusRadical:

Na wa o o! No be small thing. 30 years just to build an ordinary market that a Local Government Council will bulid in 2 years.

Let's face it, some of you people are too retarded to hold a meaningful conversation.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Sike(m): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Oyo - The Pacesetter.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by changeagent(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2013

Do these Yoruba people realise that we are in 2013!? The era of space travel, super computers, etc.

when I first saw your comment,I couldn't just imagine how low your level of comprehension is but when I checked your profile,I changed my opinion because I got to know that you are from a non-english speaking side of the nation. You can give it to your neighbor who can interpret the page for better understanding. The market wasn't built for over 3 decades but it was built over 3 decades after the last market was built in oyo state.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by topazjosh(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
Desola: This is lovely. I am so far impressed by the doings of the ACN governors. I just hope that they maintain this same momentum so that Ondo can open their eyes to the treacherous fool they installed as governor. I used to tout for that swine but now I know better.

ACN all the way! For as long as they continue to be true though. I would cast my vote to change them at the drop of a hat if they show signs of going the PDP way.

Sai Yoruba land!
and you must be so stupid for calling a man old enough to be your father fool,wait o,how is he a fool?
When the same mimiko started constructing same markets allover the state,na u tinubu asslickers they call him name,dey misyarn rubbish say na local government dey build such market,u pple get problem I swear,eyin amunibuni eye ibiye yii,mimiko may not be the best but him don try,later u go come here dey shout one opon ofo like say na every osun students don get am,anything outside A C N na bad tin 4 u,and FYI u tinubu and aregbe ass lickers next time u pple are talking about A C N or APC stop using southwest as cover up,na u dey make those nna dude talk wetin dem suppose no talk.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Emoska(m): 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Desola: This is lovely. I am so far impressed by the doings of the ACN governors. I just hope that they maintain this same momentum so that Ondo can open their eyes to the treacherous fool they installed as governor. I used to tout for that swine but now I know better.

ACN all the way! For as long as they continue to be true though. I would cast my vote to change them at the drop of a hat if they show signs of going the PDP way.

Sai Yoruba land!
keep dreaming. Copy cat
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by wanderlust007(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2013

Dont u undastand simple english?... i think it was built in less than a year... wat they meant was that a market lyk dat has never been built in d last 30years...
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by topazjosh(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Hhahahahahahaaaaa

Why should I bad belle wetin no go affect me.. grin

I simply want to hold our governments to a certain level of standard. Even by local government standards, this market is f*cking poor. Especially now that we are expecting a year of heavy down pour of rains.

How much does it cost to build a proper mordern market? This thing is not fit for 2013.

Look at the markets Fashola built in Lagos?

E be like say you and your people dey forbid better thing.
and u mr okija u dey talk about modern market,u dey compare akwa ibom,lagos and rivers state with oyo state,u don forget say dem dey collect huge as huge money pass oyo meanwhile,the population and land mass 4 ibadan sef big pass some states,abeg where dem one see d money build such a massive mega mall like wey u dey imagine sef #ikeja city mall in ur mind I guess#bro na true u talk, o atleast we gazz they project 4 d future but as far as me dey concern o that market is good enough if lock shop don dey inside e don do o,even better sef,go tell ur governor make him build him own make we see,I no dey talk about shoprite wey high class business man go occupy o,assin modern mall as u project wey all those mama emeka and mr ebuka too go fit use and pay. For#in affordable rate# cos u no even consider the rent charge b4 u talk sef,meanwhile in faraway paris,newyork,london etc they still have such market and still bn used
But wait o,I go like see this new ibadan market pics,I no fit watch video now
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
wanderlust007: Dont u undastand simple english?... i think it was built in less than a year... wat they meant was that a market lyk dat has never been built in d last 30years...

My brother.. We are both saying the same thing.. It took them 30 years to build a new market and they built the market to the same design spec as they would have if they had built it 30 years ago. That's what my post meant. It wasn't literal but figurative. wink

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju is a critic. Pls ignore him. The market is star 3 market which is not bad. In the future govt would build star 5 market.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ajise bi oyo lanri, oyo o se bi baba enikankan(oyo the pacesetter)
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Laalamed: Okija juju is a critic. Pls ignore him. The market is star 3 market which is not bad. In the future govt would build star 5 market.

3 stars by your standards my friend..

In my book, that market gets a one star.

By 2020, I hope to see us having general markets that have central air conditioning, central refrigeration units, and other world class amenities.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by naptu2: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
grin Okija Juju has come under serious attack for his comments in recent weeks. Sometimes it seems like all the posters on a thread are taking shots at him.

But seriously, I think people like him are also valuable. As we keep making developmental progress, it's also important that we should not let the government rest on its oars. I believe that the market is ok and even much better than what we've had in the past. However, we'll all benefit if we can push our governments to do even better than they are doing, to be more cutting edge and to break the mould.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
naptu2: grin Okija Juju has come under serious attack for his comments in recent weeks. Sometimes it seems like all the posters on a thread are taking shots at him.

But seriously, I think people like him are also valuable. As we keep making developmental progress, it's also important that we should not let the government rest on its oars. I believe that the market is ok and even much better than what we've had in the past. However, we'll all benefit if we can push our governments to do even better than they are doing, to be more cutting edge and to break the mould.

You have my respect brother...

This market is a beautiful development if we judge it based on its past.. But it's utter bollocks if we judge it based on the future we all aspire towards.. And I am with the later not the former.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Boy2boy: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

3 stars by your standards my friend..

In my book, that market gets a one star.

By 2020, I hope to see us having general markets that have central air conditioning, central refrigeration units, and other world class amenities.
I wonder if you really mean this your "vision 2020" where pepper sellers shop are installed with AC while basic amenities like stabLe electricity, good motorable roads, pipe borne water etc still delude us or you're just being DAFT?
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Policewoman(f): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
I score the market 25%.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Afam4eva(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
The reason why people like Okija_Juju will continue to be attacked is because they think far ahead of everyone else. While some people will be adjudging this development as the best thing to happen to Ibadan in 30 years, some others think it can be better. This is 2013 and not 1991. We should be competing with the best in the world. We should not be comfortable in the level where we are at the moment. All this local shades need to be made away with for a more good looking and top notch market. This is why i like the Enugu, Lagos and Akwa-Ibom governments. For them, it has to be the best.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Boy2boy:
I wonder if you really mean this your "vision 2020" where pepper sellers shop are installed with AC while basic amenities like stabLe electricity, good motorable roads, pipe borne water etc still delude us or you're just being DAFT?

[b]all I can do my brother is hope.. Hope that other Nigerians can have faith in this nation like I do. I hold a dual citizenship and yet chose Nigeria over my other country. This market irks me. I'm disappointed that my fellow Nigerians celebrate this bullshit. I drove on Owerri - Port harcourt road and saw Arab contractors building the road, Abagworo celebrates that road which is a dual carriage way, I weep for that road because it is below par in terms of quality. I hope to see steady electricity, good dual carriage roads with proper covered drainages and street lights, to see streets with proper street signs and half fences and trees, schools with white markers boards, wifi and e-libraries, e.t.c.. All I can do is hope. I'm not in government neither do I work for the government, but I have a voice, I can criticise them constructively.. I can share ideas that they can take and improve on. This market is rubbish, fit only for a third world country.

Call me daft.. But this is my dream, this is my wish, this is my mission.

The government just wasted our hard earned money again. You, I and our kids wiill pay for this rubbish in the not too distant future.. The pepper seller of today can be the pepper processors of tomorrow, just because they were hawking on the streets today does not mean they will be hawking tomorrow. Fashola is thinking of the future of Lagos, Akpabio is timing for the future of Akwa Ibom, Amaechi is thinking of the future of Rivers State, Abuja is already 10 years ahead of Lagos which is the second best city in Nigeria, Oyo syate governor is living in the past.

I'm sorry, but maybe of this were built in a remote village of Oyo, by a local government chairman, then I would share the sentiments of others, but not in one of Nigerias top 5 major cities.. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: We should be competing with the best in the world. We should not be comfortable in the level where we are at the moment. All this local shades need to be made away with for a more good looking and top notch market. This is why i like the Enugu, Lagos and Akwa-Ibom governments. For them, it has to be the best.

Same you who criticized the "Opon-Imo" saaying it's unsustainable because of costs is advocating for a world-class market.

Same Okija who criticized Aregberascal for launching a radio program saying many of the people cannot afford radios.

How many of these market women can afford to rent shops if he builds it to the standard of shoprite?? If he builds it to world class standard and puts the cost at say N100k per month you and ur gang will be here to accuse him of not considering the poor people. Na wa for una ooo...

Interestingly people from your region who are least affected by this market are the ones with the loudest voices of condemnation for a wise, practical and laudable project.

Why expect leopards not to have spots??

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Let them keep hating.

Those from the red soil caves that have to flee their homeland to survive

As a proud Oyo citizen I say Thank you Ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2013

I tried to find a word to describe you. What i can say is that You are a garbage.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]all I can do my brother is hope.. Hope that other Nigerians can have faith in this nation like I do. I hold a dual citizenship and yet chose Nigeria over my other country. This market irks me. I'm disappointed that my fellow Nigerians celebrate this bullshit. I drove on Owerri - Port harcourt road and saw Arab contractors building the road, Abagworo celebrates that road which is a dual carriage way, I weep for that road because it is below par in terms of quality. I hope to see steady electricity, good dual carriage roads with proper covered drainages and street lights, to see streets with proper street signs and half fences and trees, schools with white markers boards, wifi and e-libraries, e.t.c.. All I can do is hope. I'm not in government neither do I work for the government, but I have a voice, I can criticise them constructively.. I can share ideas that they can take and improve on. This market is rubbish, fit only for a third world country.

Call me daft.. But this is my dream, this is my wish, this is my mission.

The government just wasted our hard earned money again. You, I and our kids wiill pay for this rubbish in the not too distant future.. The pepper seller of today can be the pepper processors of tomorrow, just because they were hawking on the streets today does not mean they will be hawking tomorrow. Fashola is thinking of the future of Lagos, Akpabio is timing for the future of Akwa Ibom, Amaechi is thinking of the future of Rivers State, Abuja is already 10 years ahead of Lagos which is the second best city in Nigeria, Oyo syate governor is living in the past.

I'm sorry, but maybe of this were built in a remote village of Oyo, by a local government chairman, then I would share the sentiments of others, but not in one of Nigerias top 5 major cities.. [/b]

I share this your sentiment too, just that I believe half bread is better than none, maybe with time, we'll get things right.
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Okijajuju: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Same you who criticized the "Opon-Imo" saaying it's unsustainable because of costs is advocating for a world-class market.

Same Okija who criticized Aregberascal for launching a radio program saying many of the people cannot afford radios.

How many of these market women can afford to rent shops if he builds it to the standard of shoprite?? If he builds it to world class standard and puts the cost at say N100k per month you and ur gang will be here to accuse him of not considering the poor people. Na wa for una ooo...

Interestingly people from your region who are least affected by this market are the ones with the loudest voices of condemnation for a wise, practical and laudable project.

Why expect leopards not to have spots??

[b]nigeria is poor because of its poor mentality.

I put forward a solution. Even this market is definitely gonna be above the reach of the average pepper seller. They don't have to buy these shops out, how about financing, how about long term mortgages. Lagos is building a light rail train transport system to decongest traffic, some state governors are spending millions to purchase vehicles and flood their little available roads. Lets start thinking ahead of ourselves. I hate flying, so I drive to destinations that I can. When In Europe, I board fast trains. The FG is spending billions to build railroads for chuchu trains that most other advanced nations are fazing out. It's your dream to see Nigeria compete with the west in terms of infrastructure yet you celebrate this? How do you marrying the two.

The time for progressive change is now, not tomorrow. That I am least affected does not count for jack squat. Whatsoever thing we fail to do today is work carried forward for the future generation. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by anonimi: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
emiye:
This is reportedly the first major market that will be constructed in the ancient city in over three decades. The last market was constructed in 1980.

Why do ACN people have to embellish their shine, shine, shagbe l'oju yoyo projects with LIES
Could it be because they also know these "achievements" are medicore and must qualify it in a BOGUS way somehow?

There is the New Gbagi market on the Ibadan-Ife express road, which was later named Bola Ige market by then Governor Lam Adeshina

In 1989, during the tenure of Governor Abdul Kareem Adisa as Military Governor of Old Oyo State and the reign of Oba Yesufu Oloyede Ashanike as the Olubadan of Ibadanland, New Gbagi International Market was relocated from its old location in Ogunpa to its present site. This as a result of flooding that destroys and carried away their goods.
In 1991, sellers were motivated to vacate Ogunpa to the present site by Gov Adisa.

Source

I also seem to remember that the Aleshinloye market that is located between Dugbe and Jericho was opened in the 80s but cannot remember the exact date.
These scammers in ACN really mean this their business of LIEING to the people!!!
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]nigeria is poor because of its poor mentality.

I put forward a solution. Even this market is definitely gonna be above the reach of the average pepper seller. They don't have to buy these shops out, how about financing, how about long term mortgages. Lagos is building a light rail train transport system to decongest traffic, some state governors are spending millions to purchase vehicles and flood their little available roads. Lets start thinking ahead of ourselves. I hate flying, so I drive to destinations that I can. When In Europe, I board fast trains. The FG is spending billions to build railroads for chuchu trains that most other advanced nations are fazing out. It's your dream to see Nigeria compete with the west in terms of infrastructure yet you celebrate this? How do you marrying the two.

The time for progressive change is now, not tomorrow. That I am least affected does not count for jack squat. Whatsoever thing we fail to do today is work carried forward for the future generation. [/b]

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Long epistles won't help hide ur hypocrisy...

Mortgage, rent outright buying whatever the modality, my question to you is:

Aren't these the same people who according to you cannot afford a radio??

How then do you expect them to pay if the shops are as expensive and as classy as you wish??
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by seunny4lif(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
topazjosh: and you must be so stupid for calling a man old enough to be your father fool,wait o,how is he a fool?
When the same mimiko started constructing same markets allover the state,na u tinubu asslickers they call him name,dey misyarn rubbish say na local government dey build such market,u pple get problem I swear,eyin amunibuni eye ibiye yii,mimiko may not be the best but him don try,later u go come here dey shout one opon ofo like say na every osun students don get am,anything outside A C N na bad tin 4 u,and FYI u tinubu and aregbe ass lickers next time u pple are talking about A C N or APC stop using southwest as cover up,na u dey make those nna dude talk wetin dem suppose no talk.
Abeg help me tell her dat ondo state people no dey do follow follow..Am not a supporters of politics but if i see the truth i will talk,ACN na fraud....Tell her to visit Ekiti state and see what fayemi dey copy mimiko style of planning....Na so the guy knock dem down for Ondo state election and court case.......
Re: Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years by Garrithe1st: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi: These scammers in ACN really mean this their business of LIEING to the people!!!

Ok son, its "LYING" not "LIEING".... Ok??

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Gunmen Kill Vigilante, Abduct DSS Officer In Abuja / ICPC Clears The Air On Media Report Surrounding Abuja Property's Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.