Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi (11670 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months / FG Borrowed To Pay Salaries, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Sibrah: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
Oga Gbawe, the anonimi guy effed up no doubt, please forgive his sorry arse and don't arse eff him anymore. I know he has learnt his lessons.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 12:13am On Jun 09, 2013
http://www.splashfm1055.com/newsDetail.php?link=&ref=10032011-a Ajimobi promises before election at governor debate anchored by edmond obilo march The candidates bared their minds on their socio-economic plans for people in the state on the programme broadcast live.
The ACN candidate, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said he intends to lay a good foundation that would transform the state to an enviable position by integrating and opening up the rural areas of Oyo state through provision of roads, development of agro-industries and provision of employment for the masses.
According to him, major roads in the state would be dualised, while a railway network would be construed to link up with Lagos state.
Ajimobi stated that Oyo state required between 500 and 1,000 megawatts of electricity, which he intends to provide by building a thermal station to provide 100 megawatts in 18 months as well as using coal to supplement the energy source. 
While promising to provide affordable housing through joint ventures with the private sector and creation of satellite towns, Senator Ajimobi said he would provide potable water for citizens by setting p mini water-works, using the water springs that abound in the state.
He described corruption as the greatest problem facing the state’s as well as the nation’s economy, and pledged zero tolerance to the cankerworm which he promised to minimize through industrialization, commercialization and provision of gainful employment for citizens of Oyo state. Etc he aslo promised to reduced higher intitution school fees, minimum wage 22000naira, to build world class stadium. Two years don waka now
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 09, 2013
I thought he's supposed to be schooled in the US?

A leader shouldn't be running around thumping his chest that no loans were undertaken.

Responsible loan is a must.

I beg take loan to stimulate the financial sector. Use the loan to improve infrastructure, placed small surcharge towards paying back the loan, do waterworks, do electricity, etc on a fast pace.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by bowei(m): 4:06am On Jun 09, 2013
Believe this you believe anything! beautification is not development! Oga at the top
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by seunlayi(m): 5:01am On Jun 09, 2013
laurel03: http://www.splashfm1055.com/newsDetail.php?link=&ref=10032011-a Ajimobi promises before election at governor debate anchored by edmond obilo march The candidates bared their minds on their socio-economic plans for people in the state on the programme broadcast live.
The ACN candidate, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said he intends to lay a good foundation that would transform the state to an enviable position by integrating and opening up the rural areas of Oyo state through provision of roads, development of agro-industries and provision of employment for the masses.
According to him, major roads in the state would be dualised, while a railway network would be construed to link up with Lagos state.
Ajimobi stated that Oyo state required between 500 and 1,000 megawatts of electricity, which he intends to provide by building a thermal station to provide 100 megawatts in 18 months as well as using coal to supplement the energy source.
While promising to provide affordable housing through joint ventures with the private sector and creation of satellite towns, Senator Ajimobi said he would provide potable water for citizens by setting p mini water-works, using the water springs that abound in the state.
He described corruption as the greatest problem facing the state’s as well as the nation’s economy, and pledged zero tolerance to the cankerworm which he promised to minimize through industrialization, commercialization and provision of gainful employment for citizens of Oyo state. Etc he aslo promised to reduced higher intitution school fees, minimum wage 22000naira, to build world class stadium. Two years don waka now
how many of this promises has he fulfilled? What difference is there in his gov from the one that was recently pushed out from the sit? ladoja, akala, lam also constructed roads, he promised to slash tuitions fee by half, we can remember that instead, the fee where reviewed upward before students have to forced him to reduced it, instead of upgrading the state polytechnic, he has decided to create two more from the satellite campus thereby creating more overhead cost to be use in producing graduates. The no of job he promised during the campaign is far more than the ones he has provided in the last two years paying people less than 10,000 a month. No water as usual, the state broadcast cooperation is not recording the significant changes, still obsolete style of broadcast, etc. But I always belived that this man still have rooms to perform better in the few yrs left if he has EAR to listen. OYo state can never be turn to a london over night ........... God help the GOV
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by seunlayi(m): 5:03am On Jun 09, 2013
laurel03: All ds our leaders with propanganda shaaaa. Aside d single lane bridge they have not complete any project in oyo state... Let us see the site of five star hotel? Completed dualization road project? Is oyo state water corporation still working?new school? Hospital? Have they paid new minimum wage? How d governor energized d economy of d state? Thank u sir for yes oo 9700 naira work for graduate that is d job for graduate(slavery), issue of legislatures wives in abroad? because they are planting flowers on bad roads they started shouting transformation.... What about the 50 billion bond he wanted to raised? D local govt money nko? D promised at splash fm march 5 2011 governor debate nko( u can browse it)? Eg train 4m ib to lag, Ipp 500 to 1000mgwt 4 d state b4 1yr etc D guy get sweet mouth joor....
hmmm, many questions and lot more, this govt need to wake up compared to what is going on presently in other states.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2013
Ajimobi is like Timaya if he Bleep toto he go talk, if he sleep he go talk,if he eat he go talk, I go school in america, I worked in oil company, etc too arrogant. He use media propaganda too much and silent all the commissioners except Dapo Lam.... "Tell him to organised epa de gomina programme" ko ri iberee... No Loan for two years shebi he collect federal allocation and taxes now is different tax in oyo state.. Shey Ladoja dt saves money for oyo state nko and execute projects b4 he was impeached and adedibu and akala spent everything for 11months abi mokola to ojoo road dt ur bridge is na who do d road? Stop this timaya way of life our gomina.. Beautification by planting flower is not a project oooo we need water? Good job? Health? Agriculture improvement, housing.Ipp, pay d new minimum wages etc
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 09, 2013
Borrowing has bn justified to b d key to devt. Borrowing z nt a bad tin as far as it's channeled into d acquisition of capital, CAPITAL EXPENDITURE instead of recurrent expenditure and conspicous spending. Personally am nt commending u fr nt borrowing cuz d highest such fiscal policy can bring to d economy z underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by ayomidefalaye(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Unlike fayemi and aregbesola who borrow billions of naira before it can lay their hand on any project their 1st 2 years they use it to settled god father tinubu no single project embark upon

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2013
ok , it seems as if most people believe that borrowing may be a good thing , i am not going to do dispute that but i have a question
IS IT A MUST FOR A GOVERNMENT TO BORROW BEFORE IT CAN PERFORM ITS DUTIES AND BEFORE DEVELOPMENT CAN TAKE PLACE?
WHY MUST A GOVERNMENT BORROW ?
IS THERE ANY ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OR REASONS THAT SUGGEST THAT IT IS A MUST TO BORROW ?
just asking oo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Victor31(m): 8:02am On Jun 09, 2013
ayomide falaye: Unlike fayemi and aregbesola who borrow billions of naira before it can lay their hand on any project their 1st 2 years they use it to settled god father tinubu no single project embark upon
Since most people here seems not to have appreciated ajimobi's remarks, may be you should ask ogbeni aregbesola how much he has borrowed and what has he done with it. Thanks.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by omonnakoda: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Na who ask you about Peter Obi? Thesame Peter Obi is still begging the FG to help build a common 600 meters bridge, NO?
Alakuko syndrome
Ibo have to be "the most this ,the best that" whether there is any evidence or not is irrelevant otherwise explain how some clown can wake up and tell you Obi is the Best governor in NIgeria on any measure.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by paulboboby: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

Dangote being the richest man in Nigeria still secures bank loans to expand his business even though he can still fund them from his liquid cash reserve. That aside, Oyo state is still massively behind and needs huge investment in infrastructure which the state combined revenues from IGR and Federal allocations can not meet up to it.

Borrowing is not a bad thing as the needed revenue (if spent wisely on the right project) can generate and simulate more growth in the state's economy.

MR RUSSIAN PLS WAIT AND SEE OK.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Gbawe: 8:49am On Jun 09, 2013
Sibrah: Oga Gbawe, the anonimi guy effed up no doubt, please forgive his sorry arse and don't arse eff him anymore. I know he has learnt his lessons.

To be honest, I have no time for the clown. He effed himself up the azz and went too far once again even as his 'conman' antics was never going to deceive those who know him well on this forum. You are wrong about him learning any lesson. This is not the first time he has done this only to be shamed as a pathetic liar. It won't be the last either.

He always comes back full of more lies and deceptive message of hatred. Dude has issues and I personally worry Nairaland is hosting unstable elements who need psychiatric help.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by abbas2(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2013
Good that he has not borrowed but nothing bad to borrow when needed for development.our understanding of loan for development is not enough.All developed countries do with loan upon loan for their states without much ado.The idea of not borrowing is not a display of a clean slate in governance but sometimes a display of unexpected ignorance from a leader who should see beyond the governed.The kind of ravaging poverty in the land requires a lot of brainstorming part of which borrowing in right sense of mind may help.If we grow on borrowing,the better for a richer posterity.May God guide us.Anyway kudos to Ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by bashydemy(m): 9:04am On Jun 09, 2013
2curiousity:
If you have a family, do you have to make 'yanga' that you are responsible for your family upkeep without borrowing despite the fact that you have a very good job. You collect federal allocation regularly, you generate IGR regularly and you have not embarked on any visible capital project that people can see and say oh this is beyond Oyo state ability. So, why should he borrow. He talks too much.
Even your Akpabio despite receiving highest federal allocation still borrow money
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Fussbot: 9:15am On Jun 09, 2013
laurel03: Eleyele to dugbe nt up to 5km and felele challenge road 1km in ibadan what again?? Mention the road in ibadan??in ogbomoso 1 road and iseyin 1 road also nothing in oyo town abi mention the ten?? And I don't need to go to the site because just full of lies
thank you my broda..dat man no dey do anyfin @all..d guy just started 1 project in oyo and 1 in ogbomoso in his 2 years of administration...maybe b4 in leave in go finish dem..very dull administration...ko sowo nlu ko si nkan kan..kai!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by chieducollins(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2013
That's a welcome development,, sounds really good and it makes feel good cos I made a wise choice during the 2011 elections in Oyo state...Carry Go the peoples Governor....
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by anonimi: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2013
I imagine the ACN propagandists must have had a swell Saturday evening thinking they have been able to cover their exposed LIES of Alhaji Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi boasting that he has not borrowed a dime in his two years of administreing Oyo state.
Let's review the FACTS.

The OP, emiye started with this:

emiye: Oyo State Hasn’t Borrowed A Dime In 2 Years – Ajimobi

Interestingly, the Governor said that his government had not borrow a dime to execute those projects, all of which he said had changed the face of the State.

“I am happy to inform you all that in spite of all the projects that we have executed and are still executing, Oyo is one of the three out of the 36 States in Nigeria that has not taken any loan,’’ he said.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/oyo-hasnt-borrowed-a-dime-in-2-years-ajimobi/

But Gbawe was not satisfied that the governor was simply "happy".
He needed not only to join the chest-beating train of deceit but even had to raise the tempo a notch higher.
Probably there is a bonus reward for such.

Gbawe: Impressive fiscal management and plans. No surprise though given the pedigree of Ajimobi. Personally, I think the current crop of ACN Governors have the potentials to achive more than Fashola has. This will not be because they are better administrators but due to the fact that they have far less challenges to deal with than the Lagos governors.

Laudably, the ACN has recognised that proactively securing the funds for State development without depending on federal allocation alone will move things along much quicker.

Does anyone know what can be impressive about a CEO who FAILED to secure funds as planned in his own budget and approved by the stae lawmakers after a wasteful training trip for their wives in London three months earlier

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Qm5JZL7i9gI/UAcoNGW_QVI/AAAAAAAAEhU/W1TkGTFjkuM/s1600/314002_395701197153206_1663908665_n.jpg[/img]

If one were to do a very generous assessment of Alhaji Ajimobi's budgetary FAILURE that he is trying to sell as prudent financial management without FULL DISCLOSURE of all the details one would give him a score of HALF-TRUTH.

However one cannot score it as half-truth since it was made to dis-inform and mislead the good people of Oyo state.
No wonder the governor disowned the Freedom of Information bill
even though it was the signature legislative effort of one of his party's NASS lawmaker.
Under such circumstance Alhaji Ajimobi's propaganda effort remains the LIE that it is.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Rhino5dm: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2013
omonnakoda:
Alakuko syndrome
Ibo have to be "the most this ,the best that" whether there is any evidence or not is irrelevant otherwise explain how some clown can wake up and tell you Obi is the Best governor in NIgeria on any measure.

Yeah, I know about the syndrome that can make some pitiable souls feel better. We are the most "industrious buĺlshít in Nigeria ", Achebe is the "father of modern literature " , Phillip Emeagwali is the "father of internet ", Chike Obi is the "father of mathematics ",and the shameless empty chest beating continues. Imagine that bigoted guy coming out to say Peter Obi is the most financially blah blah. . .just in time to rubbish this super achiever. It grieves me to remember someone like this is still a moderator.

Thesame Peter Obi that can't even build a mere 600 meters bridge? smh!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by ddeola: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2013
This is worthy of commendation, he's not enslaving the future of the state like some of his colleagues. But I hope he's performing with the available resources.

Keep it up gov !
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by jiffylibra: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
laurel03: http://www.splashfm1055.com/newsDetail.php?link=&ref=10032011-a Ajimobi promises before election at governor debate anchored by edmond obilo march The candidates bared their minds on their socio-economic plans for people in the state on the programme broadcast live.

I wonder why some are just following this governor blindfoldedly. he is a cheat, a '419' governor. See how he coned people to vote him with promises of heaven on earth and see what he is now doing. I think its high time we started rating them on the fulfilment of their electioneering campaign promises.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
jiffylibra:

I wonder why some are just following this governor blindfoldedly. he is a cheat, a '419' governor. See how he coned people to vote him with promises of heaven on earth and see what he is now doing. I think its high time we started rating them on the fulfilment of their electioneering campaign promises.

Did you vote for him? Was Akala a better Governor? Akala bought 28 S and E Class Mercedes Benz as official vehicles and took all the vehicles to his compound in Ogbomosho. What makes him a "419" Governor? Has he ever defrauded any of your family member, friends, neighbours, or co-workers? How did you come about the 419 tag? Tell us what he promised and hasn't done. Kindly tell us what you know that we don't know.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Fussbot: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
payless:

Did you vote for him? Was Akala a better Governor? Akala bought 28 S and E Class Mercedes Benz as official vehicles and took all the vehicles to his compound in Ogbomosho. What makes him a "419" Governor? Has he ever defrauded any of your family member, friends, neighbours, or co-workers? How did you come about the 419 tag? Tell us what he promised and hasn't done. Kindly tell us what you know that we don't know.
lwkm...what he promised and hasn't done?instead let me ask u,pls tel me wat he promised dat he has done?name 2 projects he has done in oyo and ogbomoso respectively...
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fussbot: lwkm...what he promised and hasn't done?instead let me ask u,pls tel me wat he promised dat he has done?name 2 projects he has done in oyo and ogbomoso respectively...
pls kindly educate me more ,what is the general feeling of the people of oyo and ogbomosho towards ajimobi govt?are they regretting voting for him?or do they like him?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fussbot: lwkm...what he promised and hasn't done?instead let me ask u,pls tel me wat he promised dat he has done?name 2 projects he has done in oyo and ogbomoso respectively...

I never told you he has done anything. Let's assume he has done nothing since he came in as Governor. Answer all the questions I asked above. Why has he done to label him "419"? When people make charges against someone, they have to spell out the charges in order for the accused to know how to defend the charges.

Below are the questions again:

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Fussbot: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
pls kindly educate me more ,what is the general feeling of the people of oyo and ogbomosho towards ajimobi govt?are they regretting voting for him?or do they like him?
regret?regret is an understatement my broda..as is stands NOW!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Fussbot: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
payless:

I never told you he has done anything. Let's assume he has done nothing since he came in as Governor. Answer all the questions I asked above. Why has he done to label him "419"? When people make charges against someone, they have to spell out the charges in order for the accused to know how to defend the charges.

Below are the questions again:

also,I never called him a 419.I just said he hasn't done anyfin in his 2 yrs of administration and tank God u've agreed on dat I suppose..

And answers to ur question

I voted ajimobi(I tot he wld be a better governor)

Akala actually did more in his 2yrs dan dis man

I don't know bout dat
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by adconline(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
Since he has not borrowed in the last 2years, is Oyo state better than Lagos? Is Ibadan better than Ikeja/VI/Lekki? When are his NL propagandists relocating to Oyo?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
I don't like Akala at all but he does not use mercedes benz as official car and even Jonathan official cars not up to 28. I left lagos down to Ibadan to voted against Akala... I dislike ACN in Oyo state because of their propaganda is too much from state level to Local govt, except awoleye dada who other federal reps is performing? What is the different of ACN state honourable with last regime in the state? All the parties in this country are still deceiving us, Ajimobi is also corrupt and not a saint?? U can just say is fair
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fussbot: regret?regret is an understatement my broda..as is stands NOW!
is he demolishing houses in oyo and ogbomsho too?i was in nigeria in march and i came to oyo twice i didnt see any demolition.but why are the people of oyo and ogbomosho dissapointed ? and do they hold the alafin responsible ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerian, AU Officials Maltreated, Cheated Ebola Volunteers In Liberia / Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos / 2023: Atiku To Formally Declare Presidential Aspiration On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.