Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed (3335 Views)

Ebola vaccine: Human trials show promising results - US scientists / Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by martin123: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Possible cure for Hepatitis B goes to human trials at Texas Biomed

Posted Sunday , April 28,2013Hepatitis B is a disease without a cure. Anyone that contracts it could be left with a chronic, life-long condition that requires ongoing treatment to allow the patient to live a normal life. Like HIV sufferers, they are condemned to be wary of sexual contact, cannot donate blood, and, moreover, are treated with a social stigma. But new research coming out of the Texas Biomedical Research Institute at San Antonio indicates that a Hep B cure could be on the way.A drug developed by Gilead Sciences has proven itself to be able to destroy cells infected with the hepatitis B virus (HBV) in chimpanzees that have the chronic form of hep B. Chimps are the only other primate besides humans that is able to contract a chronic form of hepatitis.The drug is called GS-9620 and is an immune system stimulator. It works with the body’s natural defense system to fight off HBV, eliminate infected cells and reduce the number of infected cells in the liver of the chimpanzees. The success at Texas Biomed with the primates was critical in allowing it to move forward into the human trial phase.A full report of the study co-authored by research scientists from both Texas Biomed and Gilead Sciences can be found in the May issue of Gastroenterology magazine.The drug is not yet a cure, but it promises to be a stepping stone on the way to completely eradicating the disease. The study claims that similar viruses to HBV in other animals can be cured using GS-9620 treatment. The fact that this eliminative potential exists in the drug at all shows that through some minor adjustment, it is possible that aggressive treatments of GS-9620 derivatives could ultimately lead to total dissolution of hepatitis B infections.“This GS-9620 therapy represents the first conceptually new treatment for HBV in more than a decade, and combining it with the existing antiviral therapy could be transformative in dealing with this disease,” said Robert E. Lanford, Ph.D., co-author of the study and researcher at Texas Biomed.

About Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B Virus is a blood-borne pathogen that causes inflammation of the liver. It is often contracted through sexual contact, sharing needles, blood transfusions, and can be passed from mothers to unborn children. It has both acute and chronic strains and can either be a mild illness that leaves after a few weeks, or an ailment that will haunt the sufferer for their entire life.The damage to the liver caused by hepatitis B infection increases the likelihood of cirrhosis, liver disease, and liver cancer. Liver cancer is the third most deadly form of cancer and the fifth most common throughout the world.The Center for Disease Control in the United States claims that there are currently 1.4 million Americans infected with HBV, and many more worldwide where contraceptives and medical facilities are considerably less advanced.The only known way to fight HBV infection is prevention through vaccination.

Link: http://bionews-tx.com/news/2013/04/28/possible-cure-for-hepatitis-b-goes-to-human-trials-at-texas-biomed/

1 Like

Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by chrispher1234: 12:21pm On May 02, 2015
(MUST READ: HOW I GOT CURED FROM HEPATITIS B)
I am from Imo state, I want to testify of how i got cured from hepatitis b, I got diagnosed of hepatitis b in 2013 I have visited several hospitals and herbalists but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal spell caster from Ewu Edo state who casts herbal spells to cure all kind of deadly diseases including Hepatitis B, ALS, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, Ghonorhea etc, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal spell caster via his email, he prepared a herbal spell portion and sent it to me via transport service, when i received this herbal spell portion, he gave me step by step instructions on how to use it, when i applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly disease within 3days, I am now fee from Hepatitis B. All thanks to Dr Aziza. Contact this great herbal spell caster via his email azizahealingtemple@gmail.com for cure to any kind of diseases. Goodluck
Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by trinityhealth: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
A new drug has been developed and has been used effectively in the treatment of viral Hepatitis. It is known as Hepantivir. It is a herbal extract, it is safe and very effective. Trinity Health Care Limited, Idinmu, Lagos has used this medication effectively for the treatment of chronic hepatitis with very amazing outcome.
If you know, you have been diagnosed of hepatitis, you may wish to contact Trinity Health Care at idinmu, Lagos. Or call the care representative on +2349031652000, +2348028791004. You can also send an email to info@trinityhealthstores.com.

Please remember, hepatitis can be fatal. So get tested, if you are negative then get vaccinated but if you are infected already get treated early cos early detection is the key to curing it
Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by trinityhealth: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hepatitis B is fast becoming a Serious health menace in Nigeria and the most recent reports show that an estimated 11million Nigerians are currently infected with Hepatitis B. Over 250,000 new infections are recorded yearly in Nigeria.
The only insurance policy against Hepatitis B is vaccination. Every Nigerian needs to be vaccinated against this Virus.

To vaccinate members of your Organization or group for as low as N1,000 per person contact Trinity Healthcare on info@trinityhealthstores.com or 15 Kushimo street, Itire, Lagos state. You can call us on 08028791004 or 09031652000
Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by taytee(m): 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2019
Call me for the people in Northern side, eyin olobe plants destroys hepatitis of any kinds
Number 08063211041
Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by trinityhealth: 3:55pm On May 18, 2019
Do you know that every year millions of people die due to vaccine-preventable disease like Measles, Hepatitis B, Meningitis, Cancer, etc. Trinity Healthcare Foundation now provides quality vaccination services at affordable rates at the comfort of your homes and offices. Take advantage of our services and have yourself and your loved ones vaccinated against Hepatitis B, Meningitis and Human Papilloma Virus (cancer-causing agent). To book for your vaccination please click the link below

https://trinityhealthcarefoundation.org/vaccination-saves-lives-book-your-vaccination-today/
Re: Possible Cure For Hepatitis B Goes To Human Trials At Texas Biomed by ALBERTINEQW: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
My hepatitis B positive result turned negative after using BEST HEALTH HERBAL CENTRE(ww w. besthealthherbalcentre. c om) HBV herbal remedy for SIX WEEKS. I last tested 20/9/2019 and was still negative. All thanks to DR JOE.

(1) (Reply)

Does Teem Lemon Have Any Harmful Effects? / Bumps And Barber Rash Creams Clears Bumps In 7days / Dr. Kings Herbal Clinic, How Effective Are His Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.