Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (197911 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

No mind am. Where he wan see premium fuel. Na Octane booster he dey mix which is not so good

Stop trying to be popular by name bashing. Even Mercedes benz recommends the addition of additives to your fuel; as long as you know its comparible. Do you need proof?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Lol Where do you buy premium fuel in Lagos? NNPC grin
Bros you can NEVER drive an infiniti on 2k fuel from Ipaja to Lekki and back!!! You did not even say Maryland or Gbagada to lekki cos its feasible but not Ipaja! Near Ayobo! Guy this is not a 4 plugs!! No gas station in this country sell quality fuel most have low octane levels!

Are you saying the trip computer on my infiniti is faulty or what I dont get you? It said 15litres, give or take +5. Thats fine. You sure do know at lower speeds, you burn less fuel but travel takes more time. You want a video proof ?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Budget 50k or more for a thorough maintenance
as prescribed in the maintenance manual.
Maintenance goes beyond oil and filter change.
Download the manual. You might even need to change air filters, differential oil. trans oil, wipers
depending on the mileage schedule.

50k is too much. Air filters is 2500 undecided You dont change transmission oil all the time. It can be flushed once im two years depends on how dirty or if it smells burnt. You can just keep topping it. You dont change spark plugs all the time too. Its bascially oil and oil filter and maybe breakpads
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

50k is too much. Air filters is 2500 undecided You dont change transmission oil all the time. It can be flushed once im two years depends on how dirty or if it smells burnt. You can just keep topping it. You dont change spark plugs all the time too. Its bascially oil and oil filter and maybe breakpads

Let me quickly get the owners manual and service bulletin. Mercedes recommends changing transoil, every 60k or so. And trans oil is about 80k for oem. Hold on a bit.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2018

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Let me quickly get the owners manual and service bulletin. Mercedes recommends changing transoil, every 60k or so. And trans oil is about 80k for oem. Hold on a bit.

Yup did i argue? You said every 80,000 km. Can you cover dat in 2years?? I use less than 15000km per year on my car
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Keep ur manuals. Anyone can download a pdf manual of any vehicle online thanks to google grin

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Are you saying the trip computer on my infiniti is faulty or what I dont get you? It said 15litres, give or take +5. Thats fine. You sure do know at lower speeds, you burn less fuel but travel takes more time. You want a video proof ?

Ipaja is far. It would take you 20 mins to get to ikeja along if there is no traffic. Then u start journey to get to gbagada and climb thirdmainland! On 2k fuel?? Are u kidding me right here? Then u return again! Bros ur damaging ur engine because your fuel warning lights must come on when you begin the return journey. I need to see your Corolla Infiniti i swear!

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Keep ur manuals. Anyone can download a pdf manual of any vehicle online thanks to google grin

Why e dey pain you? Your own was naija used and didn't come with manual eh.
Well, I can't find the service bulletin,I guess my daughter must have played with it and dropped it somewhere. Well I have for the Benz intact; so I will be using it a case study of what proper car service is. It doesn'tcome cheap. Pictures attached.
t

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Yup did i argue? You said every 80,000 km. Can you cover dat in 2years?? I use less than 15000km per year on my car

You are too slow.Just because you dont cover 15k km per year; doesnt mean some people dont cover 25k km per year.
Speak for yourself only.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

You are too slow.Just because you dont cover 15k km per year; doesnt mean some people dont cover 25k km per year.
Speak for yourself only.

Ok say you cover 30k km per year and manual says 80k km for transmission oil change. Do the maths. Does it not leave it at under 3years?? You scaring princevih saying he should budget 50k for every service thats a lie. 20 to 25k is more than enough and I drive my car for 8 to 9 months before an oil change! Strictly 5w30!!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ok say you cover 30k km per year and manual says 80k km for transmission oil change. Do the maths. Does it not leave it at under 3years?? You scaring princevih saying he should budget 50k for every service thats a lie. 20 to 25k is more than enough and I drive my car for 8 to 9 months before an oil change! Strictly 5w30!!

If you were standing in front of me, I would have slapped you heavily. Just cos' you want to win an argument; you just quickly type and did not comprehend. Did you not see where I said "you might have to change" emphasis on the word "might"
and i appended . . "according to the mileage schedule"
Go back and read please before I get angry.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2018
If he is going to be buying a Naija used version, I am dead sure that it hasn't been maintained properly.
So he might as well do an overhaul, trans oil, differential oil, brake fluid flush, spark plug change, coolant change, engine & trans oil filters
engine air filters, cabin air filters for peace of mind, which is not even guaranteed.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ipaja is far. It would take you 20 mins to get to ikeja along if there is no traffic. Then u start journey to get to gbagada and climb thirdmainland! On 2k fuel?? Are u kidding me right here? Then u return again! Bros ur damaging ur engine because your fuel warning lights must come on when you begin the return journey. I need to see your Corolla Infiniti i swear!

Lekki __ Ozumba ___APongbon ___ Maryland __ Ikeja __ Iyana Ipaja
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Your sounding reta.rded. please proof read what you wrote

I know I sound retar..ded, yo don't sou.nd it, YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF BEING RETA..RD.ED itslf.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Lekki __ Ozumba ___APongbon ___ Maryland __ Ikeja __ Iyana Ipaja

Buhahaha ur even using old road which is prone to traffic congestion. Third mainland direct to gbagada then ikeja should save u fuel. Lie mohammed grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Buhahaha ur even using old road which is prone to traffic congestion. Third mainland direct to gbagada then ikeja should save u fuel. Lie mohammed grin

You have lost it to the dogs . . I won't honor your dead-beat a.s.s. with one more reply;

until you do a short video of your instrument cluster with KOER and post on youtube.

Until then, peace out.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2018
SO like I was saying. this is what a real service should contain. Quite a pity I couldn't even find the service bulletin for the fx, so I am using the Benz as a case study, both luxury vehicles, although the Mercedes quite luxurious by over 40% more than the infiniti fx.
Only an accredited Benz dealer can service such cos they require special machines in some cases, e.g. trans oil change and battery testing.
So you know it's not just about oil and filter change.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2018

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2018

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2018
So let me break it down for the guy that asked about fuel economy.

Like I said before; it boils down to the state of your vehicle. Mine is in prime condition; right now, there is just 1 light on the dashboard asking me

top up the windshield washer. Engine and trans and all sensors are in perfect condition. My short term fuel trim is 0.0 and long term is 2.4

which means over time, the vehicle is only burning an extra 2.4% of fuel as against the default stoichiometry. So it's more or less perfect.

Shout out to Gazzuzz for educating me on fuel trims.

Which means for every 10 litres of fuel normally, i burn extra 10.24 litres. which is negligble.

The 2006 fx35 has a fuel tank capacity of 23.8 gallons. 1 US gallon of fluid is approximately 4L (3.8 actually).

So by default, a full tank of fuel is about 90 to 95 litres of fuel depending on approximation (using 3.8 or 4L). So let's use 3.8

A full tank of fuel will be 90 litres. The combined MPG is 17 for the 2006 FX35 3.5 V6 engine with AWD.

17 miles per gallon converted from imperial to metric means 1 gallon which is 3.8 L of fuel will take you 17miles with every other thing being equal, moderate cargo, top

condition of engine and trans, spark plugs, timing, correct wheel size, tire pressure, moderate driving, etc.

If a full tank is 90 L or so, a quarter tank is about 23 litres approximately. Therefore, ceteris paribus, 23 litres should take me as far as

23 litres divided by 3.8 = 6.05 ; lets say 6. Then 17 miles per gallon x 6 = 102 miles.

102 miles is equal to 164km. The distance between lekki and iyana ipaja is 55km approximately; or 110 km round trip.

So you are still left with 50kM worth of fuel to waste on traffic, bad roads, engine age etc.

Now this is how you win an argument; not by shouting. Education is key.

Proof attached below: p.s I got 162 with pen on paper and 164 here due to rounding off figures, approximation et al.

3 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2018
Thus you can see from my calculation above; when I said my fuel economy window from the onboard computer displays

15l per 100km; I wasnt exaggerating.

I repeat, if your vehicle is burning excessive fuel; visit a technician to check your fuel trims.

It's not normal. But I wouldn't be surprised, 70% of vehicles on the road now are decorated with Christmas lights on their dashboards

and they tell you it's normal.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by AutoElectNG: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Like I said before; it boils down to the state of your vehicle. Mine is in prime condition; right now, there is just 1 light on the dashboard asking me

top up the windshield washer. Engine and trans and all sensors are in perfect condition. My short term fuel trim is 0.0 and long term is 2.4

which means over time, the vehicle is only burning and extra 2.4% of fuel as against the default stoichiometry. So it's more or less perfect.

Which means for every 10 litres of fuel normally, i burn extra 10.24 litres. which is negligble.

The 2006 fx35 has a fuel tank capacity of 23.8 gallons. 1 US gallon of fluid is approximately 4L (3.8 actually).

So by default, a full tank of fuel is about 90 to 95 litres of fuel depending on approximation (using 3.8 or 4L). So let's use 3.8

A full tank of fuel will be 90 litres. The combined MPG is 17 for the 2006 FX35 3.5 V6 engine with AWD.

17 miles per gallon converted from imperial to metric means 1 gallon which is 3.8 L of fuel will take you 17miles with every other thing being equal, moderate cargo, top

condition of engine and trans, spark plugs, timing, correct wheel size, tire pressure, moderate driving, etc.

If a full tank is 90 L or so, a quarter tank is about 23 litres approximately. Therefore, ceteris paribus, 23 litres should take me as far as

23 litres divided by 3.8 = 6.05 ; lets say 6. Then 17 miles per gallon x 6 = 102 miles.

102 miles is equal to 164km. The distance between lekki and iyana ipaja is 55km approximately; or 110 km round trip.

So you are still left with 50kM to waste on traffic, bad roads, engine age etc.

Proof attached below: p.s I got 162 with pen on paper and 164 here due to rounding off figures, approximation et al.

Like how you state your facts calmly and coolly.

Speaks a lot about your person

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Like how you state your facts calmly and coolly.

Speaks a lot about your person

Thank you sir.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

which means over time, the vehicle is only burning an extra 2.4% of fuel as against the default stoichiometry. So it's more or less perfect.

So you are still left with 50kM worth of fuel to waste on traffic, bad roads, engine age etc.

Analysis paralysis! I still stand that 2k fuel or just 13 liters cant take you from far away surburb Ipaja to the other end of Lagos, Lekki axis and back!! On non premium fuel! I rest my case. Its a 3.5L! not even a 3.0L Tell that to the birds! You obviously drove back on reserve fuel level. You cant tell me you got back to Ipaja and the light never came on grin

I am an infiniti owner, a camry muscle previous owner and a corolla owner.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
^^ This topic is done and dusted. Let's argue about something else!

As long as it's going to be fact-based and not just "yap yap and yap"; I will oblige you.

As a matter of fact, I run a TV talk show, I could bring you on air as regards topics like these.

P.s.: I don't know why you are mentioning cars you own or have owned. I will not dignify you with a count of how many cars I have driven or own(ed);

but that same muscle you mentioned, I gave as a gift to my daughter she clocked one. It's her daily driver now.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:
^^ This topic is done and dusted. Let's argue about something else!

As long as it's going to be fact-based and not just "yap yap and yap"; I will oblige you.

As a matter of fact, I run a TV talk show, I could bring you on air as regards topics like these.

P.s.: I don't know why you are mentioning cars you own or have owned. I will not dignify you with a count of how many cars I have driven or own(ed);

but that same muscle you mentioned, I gave as a gift to my daughter she clocked one. It's her daily driver now.

Proud people never learn. Do you think i give a rats ass if you have a daughter or even bought her a car?? U sound like a man with serious complex issues
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

Proud people never learn. Do you think i give a rats ass if you have a daughter or even bought her a car?? U sound like a man with serious complex issues

Easy tiger! Struck a nerve? I am not the one who said "I am a suzuki owner; a previous keke napep owner and a Bajaj owner"

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
makavele:

Easy tiger! I am not the one who said "I am a suzuki owner; a previous keke napep owner and a Bajaj owner"

The cars i mentioned are far from luxury cars. grin Infact they are used as ubers. I stated the history because i know how each of these cars manage fuel. You own luxury cars C300, infiniti, muscle but stay at Ipaja Ayobo cheesy cheesy cheesy. Hahaha. 3bedroom flat there is 250k. Are you a cheapskate? What happened to core mainland. Youre a typical Lion online and church rat or cat in real life

3 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by makavele: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Pipedreams:

The cars i mentioned are far from luxury cars. grin Infact they are used as ubers. I stated the history because i know how each of these cars manage fuel. You own luxury cars C300, infiniti, muscle but stay at Ipaja Ayobo cheesy cheesy cheesy. Hahaha. 3bedroom flat there is 250k. Are you a cheapskate? What happened to core mainland. Youre a typical Lion online and church rat or cat in real life

If you want to win an argument; get your facts right.

How old are you by the way?

Seems you lack comprehension skills?

Somebody said "I drove from Lekki to Ipaja and back; round trip on a quarter tank of fuel". Where does this person stay?

1. Lekki

2. Ipaja

3. Oshodi

4. Okoko

Your time starts now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.