Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:12 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (195570 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
dorodee:

Ok boss I’ll do that next week. Thanks for the prompt response.

The earlier you do, the better especially if a dead crankshaft sensor is involved.

Please invest in a scanner if you can.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Ndokwagirl(f): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2021
opeyemix:

Thanks baba
I sent you mail sir please check.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by surrogatesng: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Peppermintflav:
Good evening guys. Pls make una follow me see something. grin
2008 Nissan Teana with 2.2 Camry Engine
After the engine and gear swap,is the car working correctly?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peppermintflav: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
surrogatesng:

Yeah working well, only thing is the speedometer isn't working
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by surrogatesng: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Yeah working well, only thing is the speedometer isn't working
Sorry to bother you.What year of camry engine and gear did he fix?Is the mechanic in Lagos?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peppermintflav: 9:47am On Jan 18, 2021
surrogatesng:

Sorry to bother you.What year of camry engine and gear did he fix?Is the mechanic in Lagos?
2000 Camry engine. The car is in Enugu so I guess it was done here.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by smartistics(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sure the speedometer can never work. Nissan record speed from the turbine revolution sensor attached to the transmission while most Toyota's record theirs from the vss attached to the hub of the wheels.
surrogatesng:

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MrBuzy: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Good day,
My Mechanic serviced my Throttle body for no reason and since then my Infiniti G35 2007 on idle (On Park or Neutral gauge) revs up and down continuously between 1100 to 1900 forever. On Drive gauge the engine is too high. We have checked with computer and computer did not see any problem with the engine. What do I do. Anybody with experience on this.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
MrBuzy:
Good day,
My Mechanic serviced my Throttle body for no reason and since then my Infiniti G35 2007 on idle (On Park or Neutral gauge) revs up and down continuously between 1100 to 1900 forever. On Drive gauge the engine is too high. We have checked with computer and computer did not see any problem with the engine. What do I do. Anybody with experience on this.

I experienced the same issue in November. Confirm that the throttle bodies are still working. The ECM needs relearn procedures after the throttle bodies were ignorantly disconnected from the harness connector.

- Throttle Valve Closed Position Relearn
- Idle Air Volume Relearn

If this doesn't bring down the RPM to factory specs, the last resort is to replace the ECM.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
MrBuzy:
Good day,

Try the idle relearn as suggested. You could also run a scan. You may be able to pick something up too.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by adenijidav: 6:50am On Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone. My infinity fx35 gear box, is leaking oil under. The leaking is not rushing yet. It's dropping like once every 30 second. Especially, when the car is on. But the car is working fine. Please what can be done?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2021
adenijidav:
Hello everyone. My infinity fx35 gear box, is leaking oil under. The leaking is not rushing yet. It's dropping like once every 30 second. Especially, when the car is on. But the car is working fine. Please what can be done?

Get a mechanic to identify source of leak and fix.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by adenijidav: 7:50am On Feb 21, 2021
We have identified source of leak. I just want to be enlightened about what could be the possible solution, so I can double check what the mechanic says.

Also, I want to know if it's something that gets solved by fixing it, or has to get another one

Is it a serious issue?

What can be the possible cost?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2021
adenijidav:
We have identified source of leak. I just want to be enlightened about what could be the possible solution, so I can double check what the mechanic says.

Also, I want to know if it's something that gets solved by fixing it, or has to get another one

Is it a serious issue?

What can be the possible cost?

I doubt anyone will be able to answer your questions except they know what exactly is leaking.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MrBuzy: 7:18am On Feb 23, 2021
MrBuzy:
Good day,

Good day
Please how much is
1. Infiniti G35 2007 Throttle Body
2. Infiniti G35 2007 Airflow Meter
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2021
MrBuzy:

Good day
Please how much is

Coupe or sedan?

VQ35DE or VQ35HR?

Location pls

You may wish to try any or all of these.

Try all of these...

**a quick reset can be accomplished by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, and depressing the brake a few times.

ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
Operations Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch to “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock. 1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Confirm that the accelerator pedal is fully released, then turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MrBuzy: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2021
kingreign:

Coupe or sedan?

VQ35DE or VQ35HR?

Location pls

You may wish to try any or all of these.

Try all of these...

**a quick reset can be accomplished by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, and depressing the brake a few times.

ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
Operations Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch to “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock. 1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Confirm that the accelerator pedal is fully released, then turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

Good day,
There is no Cel light on.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2021
MrBuzy:

Good day,
Yes, but you said so. But pls follow the procedures to relearning these things.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yakbauer: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2021
Thanks for all those who make inputs on this thread, I've learned a lot.
I just purchased a Nissan Pathfinder 2014, it was an auction with a slight dent on the left fender.
And d vehicle report only showed that accident.
However when it came, it started well but when d gear is engaged it didn't move, when we called a mechanic to check we realised there was no transmission fluid at all, the bolt underneath had fallen off. I bought the Nissan Transmission fluid NS3, and poured it in and tried and the vehicle drove well with very smooth Transmission without any noticeable jerks or leakages.
So when we took the vehicle to the workshop for a comprehensive check. We scanned and the report attached was generated.
I know Nissan and CVT issues have been coming up a little too often. I'm concerned, pls can experts here help interpret the report and help with remedies for forestall future occurrence

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2021
yakbauer:
Thanks for all those who make inputs on this thread, I've learned a lot.
I just purchased a Nissan Pathfinder 2014, it was an auction with a slight dent on the left fender.
And d vehicle report only showed that accident.
However when it came, it started well but when d gear is engaged it didn't move, when we called a mechanic to check we realised there was no transmission fluid at all, the bolt underneath had fallen off. I bought the Nissan Transmission fluid NS3, and poured it in and tried and the vehicle drove well with very smooth Transmission without any noticeable jerks or leakages.
So when we took the vehicle to the workshop for a comprehensive check. We scanned and the report attached was generated.
I know Nissan and CVT issues have been coming up a little too often. I'm concerned, pls can experts here help interpret the report and help with remedies for forestall future occurrence

Delete codes and observe the transmission for symptoms of CVT failure. Hopefully, the CVT oil refill should take care of the P17F1 and P2813 which are the major error codes. Confirm that the oil is gauged as specified in the factory service manual.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yakbauer: 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2021
aieromon:

Delete codes and observe the transmission for symptoms of CVT failure. Hopefully, the CVT oil refill should take care of the P17F1 and P2813 which are the major error codes. Confirm that the oil is gauged as specified in the factory service manual.
Thanks very much, will do that
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yakbauer: 8:57am On Feb 24, 2021
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MrBuzy: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2021
MrBuzy:

Good day,

Good day
Please how much is
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2021
MrBuzy:

Good day
Please how much is

1. Infiniti G35 2007 Throttle Body - Each one costs ₦25,000(used) and ₦70,000(new)
2. Infiniti G35 2007 Airflow Meter - no idea
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Chukslar: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
My Nissan Xterra 4.0 needs a new engine?

Pls advice which engine I can use as a swap.

Urgently needed pls help.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mejai(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2021
Please, how much is Nissan skyline 250gt engine?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ojeysky(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hello please how much is infiniti G25 2012 or G37 2012 front bumper and Headlamp?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mejai(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
mejai:
Please, how much is Nissan skyline 250gt engine?
2005 model

Cc: HeavenlyBang
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nurey(m): 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
mejai:
2005 model

you are looking for VQ25DD

Enter market begin dey search for nissan cefiro nah the only common nissan the 250gt of that year share engine with
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mejai(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
nurey:

you are looking for VQ25DD

Enter market begin dey search for nissan cefiro nah the only common nissan the 250gt of that year share engine with
ok bro. I saw one with a clean 'apparatus'( both interior and exterior clean). But it was parked at a Kazeem workshop. I think the engine don kaput... but they were saying just buy top and fix grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by prosper427(m): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2021
Please Nissan fans in the house does any know where I can buy MAF sensor for a 03 Nissan Altima either brand new or so-called tokumbo I couldn't get it here in IB the rewires here are bunch of old fashioned stuffs telling me they have to keep trying different sensors until they are able to find the matching one. I do not understand what that means. Kind of try n error, can't accept that for my Altima I still love the ride.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (85) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.