Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (195611 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2021
Okay, don't add any more
grafixdon:

Thank you. The mechanic removed the bottom pan and drained all the fluid, I was there, there's 2 circle magnets there... So after drained, we poured 4 litres of the oil and discovered that dipstick didn't gadge... So he adviced we add another 2litres...though I've bought 4 more litres but only added 2 litres myself...

No transmission issue. The car is tokunbo, I just want to drain the oil and put fresh one.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by grafixdon: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
nissparts:
Okay, don't add any more

Okay. Many thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Joyoustimmy: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
Please do you have a trusted supplier that sells valve body?

HeavenlyBang:

Not sure why you didn't just change the valve body. 20k isn't expensive at all for something so important.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Joyoustimmy: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
sureboykris:

Took it to the Mechanic and after a while he called and said he wants to service the gear. That valve body is expensive 20k... When he was done there was just a slight improvement... It's tiring

How far with the car? Hope it's responding well?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by sureboykris(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Joyoustimmy:

How far with the car? Hope it's responding well?

Same issue. Just managing
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaleokey: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hey guys
I just got a naija used 2001 nissan sentra.
Car drives perfectly well including the gear selects well but I realised the service engine soon light is on and also when I turn just the ignition "on" the O/D light blinks some many times and then finally goes off, I decided to quickly run a scan on it and got P0740 fault code on it.

I am confused, the gear selects perfectly well without any sign of slipping, Jerking, stalling etc

Meanwhile for those of us that uses torque pro...the fault code displayed on a lemon background on the interface as against the red background i know it displays

Any advise will be highly appreciated
Gurus in the house
CC:
Gazuzz
Nureye
Blackbishop
Dmechy

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by DMechyy: 5:16am On Jul 11, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys
I just got a naija used 2001 nissan sentra.
Car drives perfectly well including the gear selects well but I realised the service engine soon light is on and also when I turn just the ignition "on" the O/D light blinks some many times and then finally goes off, I decided to quickly run a scan on it and got P0740 fault code on it.

I am confused, the gear selects perfectly well without any sign of slipping, Jerking, stalling etc

Meanwhile for those of us that uses torque pro...the fault code displayed on a lemon background on the interface as against the red background i know it displays

Any advise will be highly appreciated
Gurus in the house
CC:
Gazuzz
Nureye
Blackbishop
Dmechy

Check :
transmission fluid level
If dirty, change.

If any of this are ok, you might be having a wiring issue or faulty transmission that will require replacement
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaleokey: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2021
DMechyy:

Check :
transmission fluid level
If dirty, change.

If any of this are ok, you might be having a wiring issue or faulty transmission that will require replacement

Thanks senior
I did checked but the level is shorting...
I guess i have to drain the entire fluid and re fill with a new one...
Please which transmission fluid can i use?

My fist time of owing a nissan car...they don't recommend oil type to use on the dip stick unlike the Toyota counterparts

Can I use toyota atf type iv....although a kazeem recommended ibeto transmission fluid as the suitable one to use
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by AstroG: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Thanks senior

My fist time of owing a nissan car...they don't recommend oil type to use on the dip stick unlike the Toyota counterparts

Can I use toyota atf type iv....although a kazeem recommended ibeto transmission fluid as the suitable one to use

What year and brand of Nissan is that??

Modified: Just saw 2001 Nissan Sentra,Use Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaleokey: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2021
AstroG:

What year and brand of Nissan is that??

Modified: Just saw 2001 Nissan Sentra,Use Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid

Thanks bro
Dexron vi?
Will search for it tomorrow
Oshe
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Thanks senior

Nissan Matic-D

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by DMechyy: 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Thanks senior

Can I use toyota atf type iv....although a kazeem mechanic recommended ibeto transmission fluid as the suitable one to use

Matic D
Dexron iii /mercon atf or its equivalent.

Check for leakage too

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by airfresher(m): 4:09am On Jul 22, 2021
Please my people I really need solution, my brother parked Infiniti fx 45 for more than one year now, battery dead,and is like small kids put something in the door key, so how can we unlock the car in other to change battery so to use the remote, just to have access to the inside.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 7:17am On Jul 22, 2021
airfresher:
Please my people I really need solution, my brother parked Infiniti fx 45 for more than one year now, battery dead,and is like small kids put something in the door key, so how can we unlock the car in other to change battery so to use the remote, just to have access to the inside.
Get a Panelbeater.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by airfresher(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by airfresher(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
airfresher:
Ok
Pls is there any Infiniti or Nissan mechanic here in Asaba Delta. I need his contact for am in Asaba already. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Philadelphia: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
airfresher:

Pls is there any Infiniti or Nissan mechanic here in Asaba Delta. I need his contact for am in Asaba already. Thanks

What Infiniti car do you want to diagnose or fix?
If you state the car and the issue here, you may get remote diagnosis or repairs from some mechs and other users here.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Zachxolan(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please my Nissan maxima 2000 threw up a p0755 code and since then it has not been shifting properly, I just drove it for a very long distance and after almost reaching home the check engine light came up which was why I scanned it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Pls mates, catalyst in my infiniti fx35 2006 got stolen. Few mechanics advised me to do catalyst construction that it's better and cheaper than buying catalyst. Pls I need advice from anyone that has experience converted calayst
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
myhero:
Pls mates, catalyst in my infiniti fx35 2006 got stolen. Few mechanics advised me to do catalyst construction that it's better and cheaper than buying catalyst. Pls I need advice from anyone that has experience converted calayst
Install a non resonated test pipe.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2021
kingreign:

Install a non resonated test pipe.
Pls can u explain this more to me pls
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2021
myhero:

Pls can u explain this more to me pls
Here.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
kingreign:

Here.
Where can I get it and how much should I budget??
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
myhero:

Where can I get it and how much should I budget??
Ebay, amazon, etc

Price I can't tell.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 12:00am On Jul 26, 2021
kingreign:

Ebay, amazon, etc

Price I can't tell.
OK bro. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
kingreign:

Ebay, amazon, etc

Price I can't tell.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
myhero:

OK bro. Thanks

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by decargne: 6:22am On Aug 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hi everyone, one of my headlights (driver side) infiniti fx35 2006 high light doesn't work but the dream is OK.what I mean is if I swith the headlamps to high, the driver side doesn't high..i even changed the buld hoping d fault is from the bulb but the new bulb I replaced doesn't high too.. Any idea what could be the problem and solution
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 10:30am On Sep 02, 2021
myhero:
Hi everyone, one of my headlights (driver side) infiniti fx35 2006 high light doesn't work but the dream is OK.what I mean is if I swith the headlamps to high, the driver side doesn't high..i even changed the buld hoping d fault is from the bulb but the new bulb I replaced doesn't high too.. Any idea what could be the problem and solution

Check the headlamp high relay
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by myhero: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2021
aieromon:

Check the headlamp high relay
Let me go to the electrician now and try this ya suggestion
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kloser(m): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Which year of fx35 model should one avoid,planning on getting a 2003 model

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (85) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.