Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 (3616 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by Pacesetter2: 5:13am On Jun 08, 2013
Even though i was too slow but its not that late

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE HOLINESS PREACHER: A TRUE SON OF THESOIL- IJESALAND!
He owns no ‘Private “JET"’ unlike some Pastors, despite the fact that he Pastors the third largest Christian Church in the World. He’s the Founding Father of Deeper Life Bible Church (DLBC). From findings, Deeper Life now has multiple branches in40 African countries including: Philippines, Malta, Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Holland, Hong-Kong, Germany, India, Austria,Italy, France, Jamaica, UK, USA, Canada and Brazil.
Deeper Life Bible Church is among the largest Church in the World with over a Million members all over the World. It has grown to more than 120,000 members from just 50,000 in 1988, making it the third largest Christian Church in the World. It was reported by one Dr. John Combrinck that Deeper Life Bible Church not only has an attendance of 120,000 every blessed Sunday, but has planted more than 500 Churches in Lagos.
Also, more than 5,000 in the rest of Nigeria (with an independent estimate of more than 800,000 members in Nigeria alone), and 3,000 elsewhere (with missionaries to 40 countries of Africa) as the Church’s Missionary contribution; YET, this man has no private “JET”…who needs it most if notHim
The Deeper Life Bible Church is the flagship Organization of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry with Headquarters at Gbagada, Lagos. The Ministry has many different Organizations including the International Bible Training Centre, Life Press Ltd, Life TapesLtd, Life Farms, Women’s Mirror Ltd and the Deeper Life Schools Network.
Although Pastor Kumuyi is the General Superintendent of the Ministry, he does not draw any Salary from his work instead theChurch gives him an allowance for his upkeep. The modest house he dwells is located in the compounds of the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo, and his Car is owned by the Church as a collective. He does not have a larger-than-lif e character unlike others!
If Pastors were defrauding and duping their members, count Kumuyi out. He’s a sacrificial leader; a poor humble leader who hasn’t monetized fame nor personalized the popularity of his church. He does not dominate nor has he accrued power to himself. He walks slowly, is relaxed, and has a gentle sense of humour with a warm smile and a twinkle in his eyes. He dresses simply… and… could he have assumed titles to himself.He calls his followers brothers and sisters, and treats them as colleagues.
There is no stratification whatsoever in his church; Poor Street Traders sits next to University Professors, CEOs and so on, all equally captivated by the way Scripture becomes suddenly relevant to them. When he preaches, his message is clear, simple, and profound, and delivered in simple English that is easily understood by Petty Traders, Students and Professors alike.
He works tirelessly, selflessly and with unblinking commitmentto achieve goals; puritanically committed to preaching and teaching all about ‘Living a Holy Life’ whilst one’s sojournon this sinful terrestrial earth- A Holiness Preacher! He’s a Bible teacher; He teaches Bible as if he was there when it was written. His in-depth understanding of the teachings and principles of the Bible is evident in his preaching.
He’s no doubt one of the greatest living preachers; giving a straightforward Bible-base message, his sermons thorough and always personally captivating and challenging. He always gave a wide range of cross-reference s which were read in their context, supporting, clarifying and expanding his main points.
He’s called Pastor Williams Folorunso Kumuyi, born on June 6,1941, raised in an Anglican home in Erin Ijesa, a town which homes the Olumirin Waterfall, in the State of Osun. He completed his Secondary School Education at Mayflower School in 1961 and started teaching Mathematics in the same school in1962, got born again in1964 after been introduced to the Apostolic Faith.
He graduated from the Premier University of Ibadan with a First Class Degree in Mathematics in 1967. He obtained a Postgraduate Certificate of Education from the University of Lagos in 1973 after five-year teaching job at the Mayflower school. He was retained as a lecturer at the University of Lagos in 1973; there he started a Bible Study group of 15 Students who had come to him requesting training in the Scriptures.
That was how Deeper Life Bible Church started before it was formally established in 1983, after the small group had grown to several thousands. Pastor W.F Kumuyi is happily married andblessed with two grown up boys- John & Jerry!
Today, we say Happy Birthday to this Great Son of the Soil who wins souls into the kingdom of God and impacts lives into many. May God continue to Uphold, Strengthen and Bless him the more. As the Oil upon the beard of Aaron flows down his skirt, may the grace upon his life flows down to many more lives. He’s indeed a blessing to humanity; as his years increase, so shall his strength increase.
The path of the Just shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day; May the Joy of the Lord continue to be his Strength and may He grow Stronger and Stronger in His Grace. May God’s Grace be multiplied upon his life more and more; and inGod’s Kingdom, may him and his family not be found wanting. We wish him Sound Health, More Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding of the Bible and Long Live. More Grace, More Anointing; More Unction to Function!
Oluwatomilola K. Boyinde,
Initiator & President,
Ijesaland Renaissance Initiative,
oluwatomilola2@ gmail.com

Source:Oluwatomila K. Boyinde's page
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by mum2(f): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
Happy birthday to you Pastor Kumuyi. He is a great man of God and there is doubt about that. But why is it that many or if not all his members are hypocrates? Why is it that his members find it difficult to relate to other church members. Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is not as modest as you think? Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is one of the flashing men of God in Nigeria? He is one of the very few Nigeria pastors that started living an extravagant life by using heavy convon with siren at both front and back. He has been using television for a very long time before he allowed his members to use it. He even told them that it's a devil box. There was even a time he told his members that God told him never to marry. I think that was why he got married his first wife late. Do u also realize that his second wedding was the only marriage in the church that was ever covered with video? Nor of the members can try that. Are u aware that his second wife is the only woman that allow to put on hat. Every other woman tie scarf on their head.
At op, I don't know the reason why you said he's difference from every other pastors. Is it by teaching heresy to his members that cap or hat is a sin? That earring is a sin? That wedding ring is a sin? That button cloth for women is a sin? That jeans material is a sin? That television is a devil's box? That it's a sin for a brother to shake a sister's hand? That drum is a sin? That dancing is a sin? That women ministry is a sin? That wearing of wedding gown for women is a sin? That jewelles is a sin? That every other music that are difference from church music is a sin? That gold is a sin? That lace material is a sin? Haba this is too much. These people are really into bondage.
My uncle who is a member of Deeper life cannot put on golden wrist watch but he can use silver watch. Why? Because the golden wrist watch is a sin according to church doctrine. I also remember the day I brought a bag that has a little piece of gold attached to my aunt; she had to remove the gold first before using the bag. Hypocrate people. I dislike that church with a passion because of their wrong and misleading teaching. Many of my family members are their strong members of that church and they have totally separated themselves from the rest of the family. But their lives are wrost than the unbelievers. They only have the appearance of the godly (clothly appearance), but there works are very very evil. These Deeper life people need to grow up spiritually and stop all these condemnational message they preach to there members. The members confess their sins, they cry, weep, and sober for their sins whenever they go to church. Religions people.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
mum2: Happy birthday to you Pastor Kumuyi. He is a great man of God and there is doubt about that. But why is it that many or if not all his members are hypocrates? Why is it that his members find it difficult to relate to other church members. Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is not as modest as you think? Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is one of the flashing men of God in Nigeria? He is one of the very few Nigeria pastors that started living an extravagant life by using heavy convon with siren at both front and back. He has been using television for a very long time before he allowed his members to use it. He even told them that it's a devil box. There was even a time he told his members that God told him never to marry. I think that was why he got married his first wife late. Do u also realize that his second wedding was the only marriage in the church that was ever covered with video? Nor of the members can try that. Are u aware that his second wife is the only woman that allow to put on hat. Every other woman tie scarf on their head.
At op, I don't know the reason why you said he's difference from every other pastors. Is it by teaching heresy to his members that cap or hat is a sin? That earring is a sin? That wedding ring is a sin? That button cloth for women is a sin? That jeans material is a sin? That television is a devil's box? That it's a sin for a brother to shake a sister's hand? That drum is a sin? That dancing is a sin? That women ministry is a sin? That wearing of wedding gown for women is a sin? That jewelles is a sin? That every other music that are difference from church music is a sin? That gold is a sin? That lace material is a sin? Haba this is too much. These people are really into bondage.
My uncle who is a member of Deeper life cannot put on golden wrist watch but he can use silver watch. Why? Because the golden wrist watch is a sin according to church doctrine. I also remember the day I brought a bag that has a little piece of gold attached to my aunt; she had to remove the gold first before using the bag. Hypocrate people. I dislike that church with a passion because of their wrong and misleading teaching. Many of my family members are their strong members of that church and they have totally separated themselves from the rest of the family. But their lives are wrost than the unbelievers. They only have the appearance of the godly (clothly appearance), but there works are very very evil. These Deeper life people need to grow up spiritually and stop all these condemnational message they preach to there members. The members confess their sins, they cry, weep, and sober for their sins whenever they go to church. Religions people.

Thank you MUM.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by PastorKun(m): 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
He owns no ‘Private “JET"’ unlike some Pastors, despite the fact that he Pastors the third largest Christian Church in the World.

Is it part of your 'holiness' to tell lies Deeper life cannot possibly even be amongst the top fifty christian denomination in the world. These listed churches definitely have far more members than your deeper life sect; roman catholic church, anglican church, baptist church, methodist church, four square church, greek orthodox church, ethopian church, coptic church, russian(eastern) orthodox church, and locally; RCCG, winner's chapel and probably CEC. That is not to talk of countless other churches globally that would dwarf deeper life in size. That said the size of the church is not what matters but if they are teaching and practising the true gospel and the evidence we have is that they are not rather they are self righteous hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by bizmahn: 10:44am On Jun 09, 2013
mum2: Happy birthday to you Pastor Kumuyi. He is a great man of God and there is doubt about that. But why is it that many or if not all his members are hypocrates? Why is it that his members find it difficult to relate to other church members. Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is not as modest as you think? Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is one of the flashing men of God in Nigeria? He is one of the very few Nigeria pastors that started living an extravagant life by using heavy convon with siren at both front and back. He has been using television for a very long time before he allowed his members to use it. He even told them that it's a devil box. There was even a time he told his members that God told him never to marry. I think that was why he got married his first wife late. Do u also realize that his second wedding was the only marriage in the church that was ever covered with video? Nor of the members can try that. Are u aware that his second wife is the only woman that allow to put on hat. Every other woman tie scarf on their head.

Either you deliberately decided to fabricate lies here or you are a satanist/atheist on the prowl.I've visited many churches including this one and know for sure your reply holds a lot of malicious lies.No church is perfect for sure, just as it is hard to find a perfect christian but I can tell you that Reverend kumuyi and those his followers that are sincere are doing better than many pentecostal churches existing today that are rated high in different spheres.For sure there are insincere,godless followers in every existing christian assembly but that doesn't summarily make all of them bad.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by OmoPastor(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
happy birthday sir, wishing many more years of exploits if Jesus tarries. we are grateful to God for your life and ministry, thank you for saying yes to God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by Image123(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
dl haters and jolous show face wan chop cake too. ooooobi, grow up.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by ojoyentalk: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
A very birthday to you sir.You are a blessing to me and the body of Christ.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by pelij18(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2015
mum2:
Happy birthday to you Pastor Kumuyi. He is a great man of God and there is doubt about that. But why is it that many or if not all his members are hypocrates? Why is it that his members find it difficult to relate to other church members. Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is not as modest as you think? Do u realize that Pastor Kumuyi is one of the flashing men of God in Nigeria? He is one of the very few Nigeria pastors that started living an extravagant life by using heavy convon with siren at both front and back. He has been using television for a very long time before he allowed his members to use it. He even told them that it's a devil box. There was even a time he told his members that God told him never to marry. I think that was why he got married his first wife late. Do u also realize that his second wedding was the only marriage in the church that was ever covered with video? Nor of the members can try that. Are u aware that his second wife is the only woman that allow to put on hat. Every other woman tie scarf on their head.
for you mind you don talk, win people heart abi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Clocks 72 by pelij18(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2015
PastorKun:

Is it part of your 'holiness' to tell lies Deeper life cannot possibly even be amongst the top fifty christian denomination in the world. These listed churches definitely have far more members than your deeper life sect; roman catholic church, anglican church, baptist church, methodist church, four square church, greek orthodox church, ethopian church, coptic church, russian(eastern) orthodox church, and locally; RCCG, winner's chapel and probably CEC. That is not to talk of countless other churches globally that would dwarf deeper life in size. That said the size of the church is not what matters but if they are teaching and practising the true gospel and the evidence we have is that they are not rather they are self righteous hypocrites.
Dude, though am not a deeper life member, but i knew it for long that the church is the third largest in the world, with 120,000 members attending lagos church on sundays at a go, if you doubt i think there is google for you.

Sai.... Jealousy no go kill people.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Linda Died And Was Approaching The Gates Of Heaven / Dr. David Sheds Some Light. . . Golgotha And Divinity. . . / Is Too Much Profit In Business A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.