Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. (3914 Views)

Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! / LIVE Interview - The HOT Seat With DX - Guest: LUPEY / Miss Nairaland June 2013 is LUPEY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2013
1) Place Your Boat on the Sea, NO one would Set it Right.
She nominated herself! She was not waiting or expecting anyone to recognize and nominate her. She set her boat and she sailed.

2) Know Your Strength and Build on it.
Confidence seem to be her second name. Her reply to the question of what gives her an edge over other contestants was a reflection of how she came on board. Sometimes, we all need to flaunt our inner strength right at the face of whoever. Though, at that time, they may say you are proud, appreciate them and move on because they are not at that level yet.

3) Believe in Your Abilities.
That's right! We are made to be dynamic. Achieving success is not only confined to our areas of discipline. Break new grounds and you'd be surprise at what you could do.

5) There's more to life than "yourself."
All about life is not you! The beauty of life is the smile we put on peoples' face. No matter the situation, think more of those you're better than and how to give to them and not how much you receive. She came up with her charity works and that won some people over including their votes.

6) You Don't have to be Popular to Make an Impact.
Infact, making impact makes you popular. If you are waiting for the perfect time, you'd be disappointed, as there's nothing as perfect time! Your use of the time is what makes it perfect and as well determines the result. She came from 'no where' to win a contest! That was a rude shock and even to those that nurtured the impression or probably opted out of the contest because they were not known to other forum members. Well, she was a 'nobody' and that was my first time of seeing her moniker. Of course, she's known now, at least to those that witnessed the beauty contest.

7) For a Determined Mind, there's NO 'oga at the top'
I've been waiting for the perfect moment to correct the insinuations from the last beauty contest. Everyone believed Seun's decision to vote a candidate made her won the contest. In relation to this, how could that be corrected any better? Seun voted as usual but his candidate lost. Just a good instance, to anyone that's determined to achieve success, blocks could be bridges if you place them well.

8 ) The Secret of Winning People Over is Identifying with them.
She wore an African attire and of course that means she remembered the identity of the voters and can as well rep her root. That was a trick that paid off maybe not intentional but it has got abit of attraction.

9) Life is About what You've Done and Not what You can Do.
Oh well, she presented the pictures of her visit to an orphanage home and that placed so many voters on an emotional train. Evidence terminates arguement!

10) There's Always a Better Way to Make things Work - Just Discover Yours.
She did something different; something unusual in the contest. She combined too many tactics: from making us appreciate our culture, reminded us that life is not about "me, myself and I" and also made us get emotional at it, flexed her mental muscles alongside her beauty. What a winning combo!

Finally, after she did the right things from the beginning, votes started pouring in her direction. She was probably relaxed and smiling while people kept chanting her moniker. That's how to be a victor; doing the right things and watch them play just your way.

No doubt, she changed the face of this contest and right from here, she raised the bar for future contestants.

Celebrate the moment girl. Congratulations LUPEY!

Judge DX cheesy

11 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by mallorca(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2013
It was a well deserved victory,
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Godson201333(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2013
so what is seun gonna give her?
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2013
So she nominated herself shocked! This lady really came prepared. Nice one Dx
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Obinoscopy: So she nominated herself shocked! This lady really came prepared. Nice one Dx
Thanks my man smiley
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Godson201333: so what is seun gonna give her?
The fun alone is tangible smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Ibangap(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Godson201333: so what is seun gonna give her?
Some plots of land from our Nairaland acres.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2013
Lupey was not popular. This is what lupey said, after she had verified herself and no one seemed to care of her existence. . .

lupey: And no one wants to be my campaign manager embarassed well,maybe I shld just cheerlead myself. vote for lupey and u are guaranteed free litigation,if u don't mind an undergraduate doin it for u sha. Free change of wardrobes for every nairalander when I become queen. My rivals-adaobi,vanneni and co...watch ur backs. U guys are monopolising nairaland and leaving us shy babes 2 contest based on our faces alone. Mercy,pls!!!
Lol...may the most beautiful win! Cheers! grin grin

This lady believed in herself! Her confidence is endearing. She warned the popular girls. She warned them.

"watch ur backs"

Never ever under-rate anyone in this life. If lupey's story from Zero to Hero in just 7 days doesn't teach you that lesson, nothing else would.

Nice thread.

Congrats Lupey.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2013
7) For a Determined Mind, there's NO 'oga at the top'
I've been waiting for the perfect moment to correct the insinuations from the last beauty contest. Everyone believed Seun's decision to vote a candidate made her won the contest. In relation to this, how could that be corrected any better? Seun voted as usual but his candidate lost. Just a good instance, to anyone that's determined to achieve success, blocks could be bridges if you place them well.
D-ex, you can't correct that insinuation!! seun came late that was why!
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:46am On Jun 08, 2013
sexkillz: Lupey was not popular. This is what lupey said, after she had verified herself and no one seemed to care of her existence. . .

This lady believed in herself! Her confidence is endearing. She warned the popular girls. She warned them.

"watch ur backs"

Never ever under-rate anyone in this life. If lupey's story from Zero to Hero in just 7 days doesn't teach you that lesson, nothing else would.

Nice thread.

Thanks SK! Alot to live with knowing how she started the contest. I was moved to write this even before the end of the voting. You said it right! Believe me, that gut is extremely rare. She came like a failure and was ready to cheerlead herself before Idowuogbo came on her team. Her confidence was positive and she kept pushing. Appreciating stuffs like this is indeed inspiring to me.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2013
bennyraz: D-ex, you can't correct that insinuation!! seun came late that was why!
He was early, he also voted before the grand finale, hence people knew who he was rooting for. Just analysing though smiley
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Feedmemore(f): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Feedmemore(f): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2013
Wow!

From the get go she believed in herself even though she wasn't popular like the rest of the contestant. She was determined and above all just as others have said, her confidence was something out of ordinary.

Good one Lupey.

Enjoy your reign...
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 08, 2013
D-Explorer:

He was early, he also voted before the grand finale, hence people knew who he was rooting for. Just analysing though smiley
they were alot of follow follow after seun voted for adaobi.. I had to campaign against that!
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2013
bennyraz: they were alot of follow follow after seun voted for adaobi.. I had to campaign against that!
LOL, i saw SK trying to correct that too but it's normal na. It comes with influence smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 08, 2013
D-Explorer:

LOL, i saw SK trying to correct that too but it's normal na. It comes with influence smiley
on some people, they believed the Oga at the Top knows the best so when I campaigned against that and sk said one or two things about it.. voters started voting ignoring the views of seun
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by omo1doll(f): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2013
;DI knew she was gonna win,she's pretty nd her curvs re killin
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Acidosis(m): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2013
Abegiii

grin grin
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by ITbomb(m): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2013
The 11th Lesson To Note From LUPEY:
Most people don't vote logically.
Present yourself in a variant so that each group takes what they like and vote.
The were groups that voted her because of her charity works - emotions over reason.
The were others that voted for the asz -
And some others just voted cos the name Lupey was annoyingly spam across board by idowoIgbo and u just could not ignore it - brilliant campaign.
Adaobi relied too much on her intelligence.
BTW by heart still belongs to Nikky
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2013
I barely read whatever anyone said and all I could see in lupey was the humonguous girth of her hips-too shallow a reason to vote for her.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Acidosis(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2013
blink182: I barely read whatever anyone said and all I could see in lupey was the humonguous girth of her hips-too shallow a reason to vote for her.

Yea... very shallow... I'm sure some others now feel the same way esp when they realised the many cute photos of Sleekchic they ignored.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by 192: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2013
ITbomb: The 11th Lesson To Note From LUPEY:
Most people don't vote logically.
Present yourself in a variant so that each group takes what they like and vote.
The were groups that voted her because of her charity works - emotions over reason.
The were others that voted for the asz -
And some others just voted cos the name Lupey was annoyingly spam across board by idowoIgbo and u just could not ignore it - brilliant campaign.
Adaobi relied too much on her intelligence.
BTW by heart still belongs to Nikky

Honda's end of discussion
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Another lesson:

Change is inevitable tongue
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by adexsimply(m): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2013
But we shouldn't ignore the fact that IDOWUOGBO was a big catalyst to her success

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Acidosis(m): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2013
adexsimply: But we shouldn't ignore the fact that IDOWUOGBO was a big catalyst to her success

O yeah.. girl-to-girl stuff
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by 192: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2013
adexsimply: But we shouldn't ignore the fact that IDOWUOGBO was a big catalyst to her success

hmmm undecided
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by adexsimply(m): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2013
1-9-0:

hmmm undecided
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by 192: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2013
adexsimply:

wetin undecided
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by ITbomb(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2013
Acidosis:

O yeah.. girl-to-girl stuff
I need more explanations on this , I thought the FG had outlawed stuff like that .
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by adexsimply(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2013
1-9-0:

wetin undecided
Noin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's That Physical Feature That Attracts You To A Lady? / Timaya Seriously Fu**ck Dancing A Fat Girl On Stage / 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.