Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Problem With Norton Antivirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With Norton Antivirus (1200 Views)

Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Norton Antivirus by Planner(m): 7:55pm On May 04, 2008
I just bought a laptop, with norton antivirus about to expire in 30 days. Since i do not have internet connection to update it online, i decided to download the updates in a cafe and install it offline when i get home. Unfortunatley, (unlike AVG antivirus), there is not provision for offline intallation for this antivirus (norton). Can anybody tell me where to go from here?

Even if i buy a news one, i may still encounter the same problem, because i will still want to update it.

Cheers.
Re: Problem With Norton Antivirus by uspry1(f): 8:50pm On May 04, 2008
I am so sorry that your 30-days expired trial period Norton Anti-Virus has expired, therefore; you CANNOT BE UPDATE when it already expired after 30-days trial period was over.

You MUST HAVE TO purchase a renewal version yearly subscription of Norton Anti-Virus that will automatically replaced the 30-days expired trail period.

Checking the existing thread at below link provided:

Norton Anti-Virus Isn't For Those Who Do Not Wanna Spend Money
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125325.0.html

By the way, if you do not wish to purchase a renewal yearly subscription of Norton Anti-Virus package, then there are many free anti-virus out there. Good luck!

Check the following existing thread at below link provided:

Help Me With Free Anti-Virus Softwares
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118683.0.html
Re: Problem With Norton Antivirus by pein(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2008
@planner
even if you do buy the renewal key and you can use norton for GOD knows how long,you still won't be able to update without going online.Unlike previous Norton versions with 2008 you cannot download updates seperately and install like you used to,you have to go the automatic route permanently.best thing,use AVG/Kaspersky since you dnt have an internet conection,tho with kaspesky make sure its not the cracked version else you'll blacklist your key.

(1) (Reply)

Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. / I Want To Download Music To My Apple Ipod, Pls, What Do I Do? / My Firefox Browser Keeps Hanging..help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.