Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,470 members, 7,808,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri (1325 Views)

#PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / 40 Killed As JTF Takes-over Maiduguri Wards / 185 Killed As Boko-Haram Fights With JTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by toluxa1(m): 7:41am On Jun 09, 2013
Premium Times is reporting corpses litter the
city of Maiduguri as 29 people are killed in
attacks and counter attacks by Boko Haram and
the nation’s security forces. This weekend 16
suspected Boko Haram members were killed,
and the sect allegedly shot dead 13 civilians.
Under the cloak of anonymity a security
operative said, “among the eight corpses were
three teenagers who were arrested with arms
earlier on Thursday and they led soldiers of the
JTF to the five others who usually send them on
kill operations.” He said the five resisted arrest,
opened fire and were gunned down in the
shootout and dumped in a ditch. This was about
10.30pm on Thursday. The reporter saw
decomposing bodies in a ditch near Biu road
bridge.
The next day, another eight suspected to be
Boko Haram were shot dead after they opened
fire on civilians including a woman and her 70-
year-old mother. The gunmen concealed their
arms in a coffin behind a pick up van, and
started shooting people on a busy street.
A witness, Sheriff Aji speaking to Premium
Times, said, “ “The Boko Haram gunmen slipped
through several security check posts by
carrying their guns in a coffin covered with
white clothe. When they got to Shehu street,
they immediately brought out their guns from
the coffin and began shooting sporadically; they
continued shooting until they ran out of
ammunition. Then some courageous youth
rounded them up and handed them over to the
soldiers, who shot them dead as they attempted
to escape.”
Apparently the soldiers no longer bother with
taking the corpses of the gunmen to the
morgue, instead leaving them to lie about in the
streets, the bodies of the eight killed on Friday
inclusive.
Young men in the troubled town, up to their
necks with the insurgency formed a vigilante
group and now go street by street exposing
Boko Haram members and handing them over
to the military. This is what led to the incident
on Friday.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 09, 2013
Good thing the locals are co-operating.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Dreal1247: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2013
BOKO HARAM TOGETHER WITH THEIR CORROBORATORS, REST IN PIECES NEVER TO RISE AGAIN.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by abbeycial: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2013
I feel for d innocent ones who r mistaken for boko haram nd those caught in da crossfire.

bwf:how can any sane person still b living in such a place.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by texaco1: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2013
toluxa1:
Then some courageous youth
rounded them up and handed them over to the
soldiers, who shot them dead as they attempted
to escape.

Young men in the troubled town, up to their
necks with the insurgency formed a vigilante
group and now go street by street exposing
Boko Haram members and handing them over
to the military. This is what led to the incident
on Friday.

i love this part.kudos to the youths in the north for doing this
with this kind of action and attitude from the youth in the north , boko haram days are numbered , if the youth and local had been doing this all along,this boko haram issue would have been dealt with long time ago and they wouldnt have lasted this long

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by mekaboy(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2013
What took them so long to cooperate? I guess they might be xtian youths.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by sonyjacobs(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2013
Good for nothing boko-are-ram.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 09, 2013
Its like those youths are just waking up, good act by them sha!
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by kkkp: 8:49am On Jun 09, 2013
Read wot u jst wrote
mekaboy: What took them so long to cooperate? I guess they might be xtian youths.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by gramci: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2013
Kudos to JTF.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by mike404(m): 9:24am On Jun 09, 2013
kkkp: Read wot u jst wrote
and what's wrong wiv that
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2013
Interesting News.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by MyMouth(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2013
mekaboy: What took them so long to cooperate? I guess they might be xtian youths.

xtian youth huh? you must be the most foolish inyamiri on this forun. in your very small mind u think xtian youth would round up bokos and hand then over in MAIDUGURI of all places. SMH
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by BABSIN(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2013
this comment depict an extreme dump bigot
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by AbuMikey(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2013
Kill them all!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by texaco1: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin
grin cant help laughing out aloud after reading this .well done
My Mouth:
xtian youth huh? you must be the most foolish inyamiri on this forun. in your very small mind u think xtian youth would round up bokos and hand then over in MAIDUGURI of all places. SMH
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Mogidi: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2013
Where's the link to this Premium Times article?
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by saintneo(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by DJDOLA(m): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2013
No source no picture....how can I believe dis crap and is dat so easy for youth 2 surround bokoharam even if they run out of bullets
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by ikweremilitant: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2013
Finaly d nija spirit has been awakeined no more buying bull crap conspiracy theories from d so called blood suking northan elders.now d youths re taking dia destiny into dia hands,dats a welcomed developement.atleast d buhari boys will have no were to hide.now d next place action will be on nland operation sweep out buhari nd tinubu boko harm e department,if ure with me say I
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by AustineE1: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2013
ikwere militant: Finaly d nija spirit has been awakeined no more buying bull crap conspiracy theories from d so called blood suking northan elders.now d youths re taking dia destiny into dia hands,dats a welcomed developement.atleast d buhari boys will have no were to hide.now d next place action will be on nland operation sweep out buhari nd tinubu boko harm e department,if ure with me say I
...you right on point!
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2013
It appears the govt is beginning to win the hearts of the people of Borno. I hope this trend of cooperation continues because that is the only way the Boko haram madness will be brought to a quick end.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by texaco1: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2013
ok
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by tomakint: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
At last, the northern youths are displaying some ba.lls! This is what is needed to weed out those bastaards! Kudos to Jonathan! Kudos to Ihejirika! Kudos to the new improved Nigerian Army! Kudos to the brave hearts in Bornu State! cool
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by aurenflani: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It appears the govt is beginning to win the hearts of the people of Borno. I hope this trend of cooperation continues because that is the only way the Boko haram madness will be brought to a quick end.

You're right. The new jtf are completely different in their approach and treat locals as human, not gabbage.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by aurenflani: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
DJDOLA: No source no picture....how can I believe dis crap and is dat so easy for youth 2 surround bokoharam even if they run out of bullets

Photographer, why not go to Borno and follow events and take pictures whenever and wherever there is fire exchange.
Re: Boko Haram Fights Back: Corpses Strewn All Over Maiduguri by OAM4J: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2013

(1)

The Federal Government Today Flagged Off The Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Enug / 23 Rivers LG Bosses Decamp To Apc / Pastor Oyakhilome’s Wife Finally Files For Divorce In London Court, Alleges Adul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.