Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) (7995 Views)

Kenneth Archibong Is Dead (Ex-House Of Representatives Member) / Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife) / Sam Inokoba Is Dead (Ex-Chairman PDP In Bayelsa State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Former NADECO and Alliance for Democracy chieftain, Senator Wahab Dosumu is dead.

Vanguard gathered that he died in United States, Sunday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/breaking-news-former-nadeco-chieftain-wahab-dosumu-is-dead/
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by yelsew80: 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
NADECO huh? How time flies, I remember those days when being a NADECO member commanded the status of a selfless Patriot. Who'd forget the heroics of the likes of Abraham Adesanya who stayed back in the country to take on the oppressors man to man, Alfred Rewane the brave Itsekiri millionaire who lost his life battling the despot, Alex Ibru who took hot bullets for his nation and many more distinguished and Brave Patriots. You can contrast that with the now seeming greatest beneficiary of that struggle esp with the likes of Adesanya, Funsho Williams and now Dosunmu all dead - a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu who was among the first to piantin out of the country when the heat was turned on to become an "exiled activist" - very brave esp when you consider how he now loves this country!
RIP to the departed.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
What do you think or see when you see a nigerian politician/s?A see a human being without an atom of common sense,yet,he is aspiring to lead.I see somebody who is just bent on stealing as much as he can,with no single idea of how he can make the people's lives any better.

I see broad of vipers with empty skulls.When ii see them on tv,they are so disgusting to look at and it is written all over them that they have no rational agendas.

2 Likes

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sorry ko. Ee remain you and your God now o... If you had for once chop money, tor! No be my mouth you go hear say our politicians are all thugs and thieves o...

I just can't say RIP now and Baba at the top says another thing.

All I can is, may God have mercy on your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by opeyehmmy(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2013
God bless his soul.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2013
may his gentle soul rest in the concealment of his creator.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by oluwadare26(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2013
R
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by AbuMikey(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2013
Rest in Peace!!
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by mtprofessor5(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2013
oluwadare26: R
i knw u r so desperate 2 coment so y nt jst modify diz pizz of shit @op Rip bro
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2013
redsun: What do you think or see when you see a nigerian politician/s?A see a human being without an atom of common sense,yet,he is aspiring to lead.I see somebody who is just bent on stealing as much as he can,with no single idea of how he can make the people's lives any better.

I see broad of vipers with empty skulls.When ii see them on tv,they are so disgusting to look at and it is written all over them that they have no rational agendas.

What has this got to do with the dead man ? Pay your condolence and bounce but if you wanna biitch about politicians,open another thread and whine there.

RIP old man !

1 Like

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by jhydebaba(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2013
cry

Eeeyaaaaah!!! Crying mode activated.

Such a wonderful man.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by fuke(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2013
yelsew80: NADECO huh? How time flies, I remember those days when being a NADECO member commanded the status of a selfless Patriot. Who'd forget the heroics of the likes of Abraham Adesanya who stayed back in the country to take on the oppressors man to man, Alfred Rewane the brave Itsekiri millionaire who lost his life battling the despot, Alex Ibru who took hot bullets for his nation and many more distinguished and Brave Patriots. You can contrast that with the now seeming greatest beneficiary of that struggle esp with the likes of Adesanya, Funsho Williams and now Dosunmu all dead - a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu who was among the first to piantin out of the country when the heat was turned on to become an "exiled activist" - very brave esp when you consider how he now loves this country!
RIP to the departed.

You are half correct.
The Tinubus, the then very young Fayemi and others were the foot soldiers of the Adesanyas.

They were the guerrillas on the field.

Tinubu did not become Lagos state Governor for nothing.

So also , others had to step down for Fayemi for the same reason.

Fayemi was the guy pushing Radio Kudirat about.

A lot of things happened not known to many of you people.

Tinubu has earned his respect. The NADECO people know.

8 Likes

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by dridowu: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2013
RIP
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Fogman(m): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2013
RIP
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by kcpragmatik(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2013
pro-Abiola phanticz....due respect!!!
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2013
fuke:

You are half correct.
The Tinubus, the then very young Fayemi and others were the foot soldiers of the Adesanyas.

I concur wt u! Most pipo who comment here may b wer children wen NADECO battled Abacha to standstil they just belly-ache wen eva dey hear d name Tinubu

One of d major financier then if nt d major financier then was a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu a Senior Treasury Ofiicer(Infact he was d Chief Internal Auditor) of Mobil then who was oiling d propaganda machinery of NADECO

D government was closing in on him thru evry means posible including threats of cancelling all JV agreement Nigeria has wt Mobil

But Mobil didn't want to lose him to politics so dey facilitated his transfer to d Houston,Texas HQ wia he continued as Chief Financial Officer of EMEA(Emerging Markets Middle-east n Africa)

Infact I kno of a fact dat som pipo wer deliberately askd to go abroad by NADECO chieftains then to serve as offshore pressure group on d Abacha regime

Those who chose to remain wer eida considered too old hence cudnt leave

Tinubu cudnt av refused to relocate abroad then as he was stil an employee of Mobil but very active n visible in all d clandestine n tactical organizations of NADECO being one of its financiers

Wyl abroad,evri active participant in Nadeco then benefitted frm Tinubu's benevolence n deep contact in d outside world

We kno pipo who jst started politics ystaday n whose sources of Billions cud b traced to wen dey started holding political offices

But 4 pipo lik Tinubu,Ladoja(was in Shell for 23yrs),Ajimobi(was in Shell n went on 2 bcum MD of National Oil now CONOIL),Ibikunle Amosun(was External Auditor for many IOCs in d 80s/90s)

Irrespective of dia foibles n few weaknesses,dez guys n a few I dnt av info on dem aint paupers by any shred of imaginations

If u don't kno,then u don't kno!

7 Likes

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by yelsew80: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2013
fuke:

You are half correct.

I think I gave him as much credit as he deserves in saying being a NADECO member once conferred Patriot status on members. You can say he's earned his respect but I think he's overexploited the respect he earned as a NADECO member especially when his contributions are juxtaposed with those of other more recognized members who have kind of taken a back seat in national and political affairs. My opinion and I stand corrected.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by yelsew80: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I concur wt u! Most pipo who comment here may b wer children wen NADECO battled Abacha to standstil they just belly-ache wen eva dey hear d name Tinubu

One of d major financier then if nt d major financier then was a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu a Senior Treasury Ofiicer(Infact he was d Chief Internal Auditor) of Mobil then who was oiling d propaganda machinery of NADECO

D government was closing in on him thru evry means posible including threats of cancelling all JV agreement Nigeria has wt Mobil

But Mobil didn't want to lose him to politics so dey facilitated his transfer to d Houston,Texas HQ wia he continued as Chief Financial Officer of EMEA(Emerging Markets Middle-east n Africa)

Infact I kno of a fact dat som pipo wer deliberately askd to go abroad by NADECO chieftains then to serve as offshore pressure group on d Abacha regime

Tinubu cudnt av refused to relocate abroad then as he was stil an employee of Mobil but very active n visible in all d clandestine n tactical organizations of NADECO being one of its financiers

Wyl abroad,evri active participant in Nadeco then benefitted frm Tinubu's benevolence n deep contact in d outside world

We kno pipo who jst started politics ystaday n whose sources of Billions cud b traced to wen dey started holding political offices

But 4 pipo lik Tinubu,Ladoja(was in Shell for 23yrs),Ajimobi(was in Shell n went on 2 bcum MD of National Oil now CONOIL),Ibikunle Amosun(was External Auditor for many IOCs in d 80s/90s)

Irrespective of dia foibles n few weaknesses,dez guys n a few I dnt av info on dem aint paupers by any shred of imaginations

I'll be honest, I didn't know most of what you just said. Earns them some points.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by yelsew80: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I'll be honest, I didn't know most of what you just said. Earns them some points.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by texaco1: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2013
most of u guys dont know dosunmu very well during the NPN era.isnt this the same dosunmu that ordered his orderly to kill someone when he was a minister?or maybe we have two wahab dosumu
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by gbadexy(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2013
For a moment, I thought the thread was about tinubu and I had to scroll up to read the title again.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by StOla: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Tinubu quit as Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria Limited(Downstream Products Marketing) and not Mobil Producing(Upstream Exploration), to run for the senatorial seat of Lagos West(Ikeja Alimosho Agege Ipaja Ifako-Ijaiye)which he occupied from 1991 to 1993 when Abacha seized power. So as at post 1993, he was in no way still under the services of the Nigerian Mobil PLC, talkless of the global ExxonMobil.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by BetaThings: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
yelsew80: NADECO huh? How time flies, I remember those days when being a NADECO member commanded the status of a selfless Patriot. Who'd forget the heroics of the likes of Abraham Adesanya who stayed back in the country to take on the oppressors man to man, Alfred Rewane the brave Itsekiri millionaire who lost his life battling the despot, Alex Ibru who took hot bullets for his nation and many more distinguished and Brave Patriots. You can contrast that with the now seeming greatest beneficiary of that struggle esp with the likes of Adesanya, Funsho Williams and now Dosunmu all dead - a certain Bola Ahmed Tinubu who was among the first to piantin out of the country when the heat was turned on to become an "exiled activist" - very brave esp when you consider how he now loves this country!
RIP to the departed.

Where were you? What did you contribute?
And your present leader, what tribute has he paid to those selfless patriots?
Did he recognise Pa Enahoro before his death?
Can he account for his suddenly-ammassed wealth?

No matter what, Tinubu worked his way to his present position
The greatest opportunistic beneficiary of the struggle of NADECO is GEJ
He became president by "scholarship"

1 Like

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by kokosheen(m): 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
St.Ola:

Tinubu quit as Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria Limited(Downstream Products Marketing) and not Mobil Producing(Upstream Exploration), to run for the senatorial seat of Lagos West(Ikeja Alimosho Agege Ipaja Ifako-Ijaiye)which he occupied from 1991 to 1993 when Abacha seized power. So as at post 1993, he was in no way still under the services of the Nigerian Mobil PLC, talkless of the global ExxonMobil.

Conditions of service for most IOC's in Nigeria allow for their staff to take career breaks for political appointment, so he could have taken a break from Mobil (quit to the outside world) and returned to his job once the 1991 senate election mandate was truncated.

Also, being part of a political pressure group that U.S. govt. supported indirectly, they could hasten his transfer from MNL to MPL (don't forget Exxon-Mobil is a US coy and their top structure is politically interwoven with the US govt. plans - Iraq (Oil), Kuwait (oil), Saudi (oil) etc.).

Shouldn't you wonder why he hobnobs with President Clinton till date (e.g. Eko Atlantic project) undecided
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Pukkah: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
RIP Dosumu.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by knowledge4(m): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Whatever the man may have done while alive,for good or for evil,no one has the right to judge or condemn him.
Leave judgment to God.
All you have to say is Rest in Peace.
Whether the dead is resting in peace or not is not for you to know!Leave that to God.One day,we will go as well!
If you want to rest in peace,start conforming to what makes a man rest in peace at the end:Accept Jesus as Lord & Saviour.
Chief Wahab Dosunmu,Rest in peace.
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by ajiifixing(m): 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
RIP to the departed.

Where were you, or ya papa, or ya uncle during NADECO days. Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by thrugemaster(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
so painful that the people who fought against military rule are not enjoying the dividends of democracy...... Where were the north during the fight for democracy? Now, they think to rule Nigeria is their birth right... rubbish.... NADECO and other activism were limited to the south........... Were was big mouth atiku, buhari, annenihs and co
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
kokosheen:

Conditions of service for most IOC's in Nigeria allow for their staff to take career breaks for political appointment, so he could have taken a break from Mobil (quit to the outside world) and returned to his job once the 1991 senate election mandate was truncated.

Also, being part of a political pressure group that U.S. govt. supported indirectly, they could hasten his transfer from MNL to MPL (don't forget Exxon-Mobil is a US coy and their top structure is politically interwoven with the US govt. plans - Iraq (Oil), Kuwait (oil), Saudi (oil) etc.).

Shouldn't you wonder why he hobnobs with President Clinton till date (e.g. Eko Atlantic project) undecided

Bro my joy knew no bound seeing yr comment @ educating d quoted poster

I shudder somtyms wen I read half truths or outryt falsehood by youths of 2day owing to d liberty Nairaland has given dem

All d info u gave r spot-on

Infact Mobil gave Tinubu 4years Leave Of Absence

Most pipo didn't kno d role several western countries play during our battle to oust d military then.

Lots of clandestine moves wc r too sensitive to pour out hia
Re: Wahab Dosumu Is Dead (Ex-NADECO Chieftain) by oderemo(m): 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
is he the same wahab dosunmu that shot someone during the 1979 election cos he wanted npn to rule ? and then ran frm the law.
maybe ? cant vividly remember now.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Governor Flagbearer (Opinion) / APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker / Reps Move To Abolish State, LGA Joint Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.