Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (222669 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2008
http://www.419scam.org/emails/2007-09/12/01181032.8.htm

i hope for your sake that it's not the same guy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Uche2nna(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2008
iceblue:

http://www.419scam.org/emails/2007-09/12/01181032.8.htm

i hope for your sake that it's not the same guy

shocked shocked shocked

@ Tchinasa
Plis slow down with the pics this morn!!!!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 4Him1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2008
you've never met in over a yr and u're in love? Cheii . . . na wa for desperation o.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Uche2nna(m): 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2008
@ arles 35

What happened to all the men in ur area? Dead?

How can U tell that U are in love with someone U have never met?

And people think I am weird when I say romantic love does not exist undecided
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by amberella: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2008
arles35, please be careful.

You might be in love with the idea of this man but the truth is that you do not truly know him.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by omoovie(f): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2008
arles35:

Hello, I'm new to all of this. I'm here because i would like to say that I'm very much in love with my man. He is from Nigeria and I am from the states.We have been together for one year now, and everything seems to be going well.The problem i have is people believing that we are in love. He's 28 and well i am 41. We have had a relationship on-line for the last year.(we have not met in person) At first i thought it might be a scam, but was proved to be wrong. He has never asked me for anything but to love him. We have shared so many different feelings for each other, We plan on meeting in London in the few months for a vacation together.
I was just wondering if there were any other women here older than their husbands or boyfriends, and how did you get over the age conflict?
He always tells me that i upset him when i let the age come into our relationship, and assures me that age doesn't matter to him, that he loves me. I love him dearly.
We plan to marry but we are having difficulties because of the age difference. Immigrations is looking at it as if i am doing it just to bring him to the states. how do we prove that this is real?

Not saying it can't happen but errmmmmm----have you seen the picture of this your guy? You really think that all the beautiful, young girls in Nigeria have finished that a guy as fine as that would be willing to do long distance for a lady in the States 13 years his senior?? Omo babes done finish 4 Naija? angry I know you are smarter than that or at least I hope so. If you just want a nice fling you can stick with him but if you are doing this seriously all I can say is that's very stupid!  angry U sef u be thief! Agbaya wey no know levels! 3 years I fit understand, 5 years, 7 years, 10 fa, but a whole 13! Haba!

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by tbowens: 1:22am On Jun 08, 2008
God is good.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 08, 2008
tbowens:

God is good.

Yes He is!!!! grin

arles35:

Hello, I'm new to all of this. I'm here because i would like to say that I'm very much in love with my man. He is from Nigeria and I am from the states.We have been together for one year now, and everything seems to be going well.The problem i have is people believing that we are in love. He's 28 and well i am 41. We have had a relationship on-line for the last year.(we have not met in person) At first i thought it might be a scam, but was proved to be wrong. He has never asked me for anything but to love him. We have shared so many different feelings for each other, We plan on meeting in London in the few months for a vacation together.
I was just wondering if there were any other women here older than their husbands or boyfriends, and how did you get over the age conflict?
He always tells me that i upset him when i let the age come into our relationship, and assures me that age doesn't matter to him, that he loves me. I love him dearly.
We plan to marry but we are having difficulties because of the age difference. Immigrations is looking at it as if i am doing it just to bring him to the states. how do we prove that this is real?

Hmmmhhh cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by debosky(m): 5:00am On Jun 08, 2008
another 4-1-9 victim or 'marry for papers' in progress - naija 28 year old man marry 41 year old? When she no be cindy crawford? grin grin grin
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2008
What a fairy tale. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2008
debosky:

another 4-1-9 victim or 'marry for papers' in progress - naija 28 year old man marry 41 year old? When she no be cindy crawford? grin grin grin

i tire o!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blatant: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2008
arles35:

This woman na real 419 woman.
She wants to use young Nigerian men in her old age. I wonder why desperate white women always want to defraud our men with fake love and they turn around to complain when they get outwitted.
Why dont you find a 28-year-old man in America who is not a junkie and who has bright prospects to see if he will fall in love with you like that. You women always think that the guys are stupid and then you cry foul when the guys have finished dealing with you.
I wont blame the guy if he uses you to buy his way to America because you are also trying to use him to kill the loneliness in your life. You will both be guilty of trying to use one another.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2008
Wow that was harsh cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blatant: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2008
stillwater:

Wow that was harsh cheesy

Oops. i'm not usually harsh.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing these nonsense from these women. They know why they fall for guys they've never seen before or guys who are of much lower standards than they would ordinarily desire.

Note to women(especially westerners): If you want to use a guy and you get used, you should not be complaining.
That's for westerners because African women tend to be smart enough not to fall for that kind of nonsense.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by omoovie(f): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2008
Blatant:

Oops. i'm not usually harsh.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing these nonsense from these women. They know why they fall for guys they've never seen before or guys who are of much lower standards than they would ordinarily desire.

Note to women(especially westerners): If you want to use a guy and you get used, you should not be complaining.
That's for westerners because African women tend to be smart enough not to fall for that kind of nonsense.

My dear I used to think it was harsh too but let's be realistic! Real life isn't the movie "Prime" and all these women have this fantasy of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back". It may be based on real life but the possibility of that happening is 1 in a million. You can't be wanting to use small boy to flenge den be vexing when they rub porto porto on your face. This goes for the older guys too. The plain and simple truth is that these women are taking advantage of a desperate situation (d guys want to get out of Naija by any means because they need access to better opportunities) to fulfill their own need for companionship and sex in their old age. It's predatory regardless of what guise it wears whether male or female. So me I've started feeling less pity and more irritation and umbrage.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Uche2nna(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2008
omoovie:

My dear I used to think it was harsh too but let's be realistic! Real life isn't the movie "Prime" and all these women have this fantasy of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back". It may be based on real life but the possibility of that happening is 1 in a million. You can't be wanting to use small boy to flenge den be vexing when they rub porto porto on your face. This goes for the older guys too. The plain and simple truth is that these women are taking advantage of a desperate situation (d guys want to get out of Naija by any means because they need access to better opportunities) to fulfill their own need for companionship and sex in their old age. It's predatory regardless of what guise it wears whether male or female. So me I've started feeling less pity and more irritation and umbrage.

Mine is complete indifference. That is what I feel whenever these kind of issues come up. But alas, people tend to jump to the defense of the women quickly!!! Ahhh!!! He is using You to buy his way into the US. Ahh , He is using You to get his papers. Bullshit!!!

Everybody tends to conveniently forget the intentions of most of the women in question. It takes two to tango. The guy wants to migrate to the US and You are in need of some companionship and probably romance. He can't come into the US because he does not have the right documentation and we all know how easy it is for a 43 yr old lady in the US to get a decent boyfriend that is not a junkie, ex-convict or even female basher. Now You both have what each other needs. Symbiosis at its finest!!!!

It could work out once You meet each other and You two would really have something for a long time.
Or it might not and You guys part ways after sometime. No biggie, especially in the US. People divorce all the time, so nothing new. But don't come crying wolf to anybody. You enjoyed it while it lasted.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blatant: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2008
God bless Uche and omoovie
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by sheniqua: 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2008
someone called the lady white,I think she's a light skinned African American.
@ arles35,let me break it to you nicely,NO NIGERIAN MAN THAT AGE WILL MARRY ANY WOMAN YOUR AGE.
It is not done.
It is never done!
They may play with older women but will never take them home to their mamas
They know their mothers will collapse at the son marrying a woman  in her own age range and our men love their mothers too much to send them to an untimely grave so they won't take such a chance grin
I'm pretty sure you have kids,that'll make him an instant daddy at 28.
NO ma!
The guy is using you.
wake up!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Biabeke(f): 12:22am On Jun 10, 2008
Nalijah, I understand where you are coming from. I am an American born and raised Nigerian. My first marriage was solely based on citizenship. I met my second husband on way out of the American Embassy in Lagos when I was processing my ex-husband's visa. Five years later, my husband came to the U.S. with a Diversity Visa and joined the U.S. Army. The good news is that he is becoming a U.S. citizen. My present marriage is extremely happy. He is not abusive, mendacious, and arrogant. Ignore people who stereotype Nigerian men! My husband has proven my detractors and I that there are good men generally. Oh! Before I forget, I am two years older than my husband. I rest my case.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by tpia: 4:42am On Jun 10, 2008
people try oh!

I swear naija guys have it made in the dating department! cheesy

[s]oh, biabeke, I just noticed you're actually Nigerian.[/s]

Nice picture.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blatant: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2008
Biabeke, you are 29 now. You must have been less than 25 when you met your husband: this means you were not an old woman with all the baggage. If you were over 35 and met a guy under 30 in Nigeria, you'll definitely be divorced now except if the guy is yet to get his green card.

Your case is clearly different from older western women looking to use younger Nigerian men to satisfy their need for old age companionship.

I wish you well kiss
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by 2Legit: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
Biabeke:

Nalijah, I understand where you are coming from. I am an American born and raised Nigerian. My first marriage was solely based on citizenship. I met my second husband on way out of the American Embassy in Lagos when I was processing my ex-husband's visa. Five years later, my husband came to the US. with a Diversity Visa and joined the US. Army. The good news is that he is becoming a US. citizen. My present marriage is extremely happy. He is not abusive, mendacious, and arrogant. Ignore people who stereotype Nigerian men! My husband has proven my detractors and I that there are good men generally. Oh! Before I forget, I am two years older than my husband. I rest my case.

So you meet another man when u day go process ya husband visa. no wonder u don divorce am. small time sef, you go divorce this one follow the one wey you meet for Army barracks when u go visit am.

shit wey no sabi toilet
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by sheniqua: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2008
2Legit:

So you meet another man when u day go process ya husband visa. no wonder u don divorce am. small time sef, you go divorce this one follow the one wey you meet for Army barracks when u go visit am.

shit wey no sabi toilet

I saw that too shocked shocked shocked
The thing women do shocked shocked shocked
A Nigerian American waman goes to an embassy to process her fiance's papers and on her way out runs into another man.
She later divorces her husband and marries this "embassy man".
She'll soon divorce this new one for the maiguard at the army barracks.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by amberella: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2008
guys, she stated that the first marriage was a sham, purely done for papers. No one in their right mind expects these marriages to work out. No need to bash her - I'm sure her first husband has moved on just as quickly!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by omoovie(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2008
Biabeke:

Nalijah, I understand where you are coming from. I am an American born and raised Nigerian. My first marriage was solely based on citizenship. I met my second husband on way out of the American Embassy in Lagos when I was processing my ex-husband's visa. Five years later, my husband came to the US. with a Diversity Visa and joined the US. Army. The good news is that he is becoming a US. citizen. My present marriage is extremely happy. He is not abusive, mendacious, and arrogant. Ignore people who stereotype Nigerian men! My husband has proven my detractors and I that there are good men generally. Oh! Before I forget, I am two years older than my husband. I rest my case.

My dear this one is different oh! Like I mentioned somewhere on this thread 3 years, 5 years, 7 years kukuma I can understand! D babe senior d guy with double digits. She was not young when she met him and she obviously wants companionship in her older years. Your situation and her own are soooo not the same.

amber_ella:

guys, she stated that the first marriage was a sham, purely done for papers. No one in their right mind expects these marriages to work out. No need to bash her - I'm sure her first husband has moved on just as quickly!

Yeah y'all, it's funny the way sheniqua and 2Legit dissected it but really, she made it obvious that the 1st one was purely for papers.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by culdalex(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2008
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men
« #214 on: June 10, 2008, 03:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: 2Legit on June 10, 2008, 02:29 PM

shit wey no sabi toilet

I saw that too
The thing women do
A Nigerian American waman goes to an embassy to process her fiance's papers and on her way out runs into another man.
She later divorces her husband and marries this "embassy man".
She'll soon divorce this new one for the maiguard at the army barracks.

ahahahah

reali funy funzy. wink
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by BrandyJ: 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2008
I'm with this guy from Nigeria. I've been knowing him for about 4 years but we are now in a relationship and have been for the past 1 1/2 year. I've never met his parents because they are always back and forth from Nigeria and New York and we stay in the south. I'm so nervous about meeting them.

His brother is getting married and now he's coming at me about our future and I would be totally cool with him because he lets me be me and I know that it would truly be about us being that he has his citizenship already. He is well educated, VERY handsome and chocolate.

Is it true that people is Nigeria view a Nigerian Man marrying a American Woman as something negative? or equal to a African American Man marrying a White Woman? I've heard rumors but would really love for someone to keep it real with me. I've asked him on several occasions but all he says is that some people are ignorant and think that things should remain the same but he's not like that. He is so good to me. I need some tips for when I meet his parents (which will be very soon). He wanted me to meet them last summer when they were in town but I was so scared that I made a excuse about having to work. HELP!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Hero(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
Brandy J:

I'm with this guy from Nigeria. I've been knowing him for about 4 years but we are now in a relationship and have been for the past 1 1/2 year. I've never met his parents because they are always back and forth from Nigeria and New York and we stay in the south. I'm so nervous about meeting them.

His brother is getting married and now he's coming at me about our future and I would be totally cool with him because he lets me be me and I know that it would truly be about us being that he has his citizenship already. He is well educated, VERY handsome and chocolate.

Is it true that people is Nigeria view a Nigerian Man marrying a American Woman as something negative? or equal to a African American Man marrying a White Woman? I've heard rumors but would really love for someone to keep it real with me. I've asked him on several occasions but all he says is that some people are ignorant and think that things should remain the same but he's not like that. He is so good to me. I need some tips for when I meet his parents (which will be very soon). He wanted me to meet them last summer when they were in town but I was so scared that I made a excuse about having to work. HELP!

Are you an African-American? undecided What ethnic group is you man from?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by BrandyJ: 12:03am On Jul 10, 2008
I'm African-American and he's of the Delta ethic group. Hope that this information helps you help me. wink
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Biabeke(f): 12:31am On Jul 10, 2008
2legit I believe u know how 2 read even if yur sight dey fail u try read b4 u jump into conclusion.I said it was 4 paper dude.It really suprise me how some individual are just quick to comment on issues without reading between the lines first it really make them sound dumb and retarded.I can assure you that we all go through life in various stages and moreover I did not include the detail which is the icing.that which I leave yur perverted mind to fathom.For those who are logical and smart in their blog I say good job .
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Biabeke(f): 12:46am On Jul 10, 2008
Brandyj,
Don't let that bother you.all that count is if you love and you know that he love you too.trust me even in the states here people still stereotype when a black man is married to a white woman.But have it in mind that Nigerians are loving people, am sure his parents really don't care because for him to have stayed in the states it means they know their son can settle down with whoever he want.Just be yourself respect his culture just like you would want someone else to respect you as an American and don't make comments that are inappropriate.You all should be able to flow along well because Nigerians are intelligent and smart people.
I wish you the very best.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by oscarnuel(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2008
I am very proud to be an Akwa Ibomites and i am ready to tell the whole world about our rich of cultures and traditions.
Checkout for our language(ibibio), natural resources, geographical vegetation and more much of that, .
Akwa ibom isong oooooooooooooooooooooooo.
see on www. myspace/oscarnuel.com or oscarnuel@yahoo.co.uk

I want to see you in the forthcoming Akwa Ibom Day holdin on the first saturday of December 2008 at Liberty Stadium ,ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Igbo learning thread + Translator / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.