Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD (653 Views)

Leadership Newspaper Website Hacked / The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD by yawatide(f): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
Re: The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
That means this is ur first time of reading the news on that website with ur mobile device. The nation newpaper website has been responsive from day one.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD by yawatide(f): 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
As someone I respect likes to say (a lot), "you need to stop thinking what other people are thinking and to stop making assumptions, without asking questions). Actually it isn't, in the true definition of the term, based on my experiments...and no, I have visited it on numerous occasions cool

1) I viewed the site on my samsung 3 phone, my samsung galaxy tab and on my desktop. The site doesn't "respond", as in showing various pieces of content, depending on viewport. It still shows the entire site as though you were on a desktop. Having said that, if you manually resize your browser (and why would the average web user want to do that?), it will "respond"

2) I also viewed the site using Firefox's responsive layout option and the site didn't even come up at all (compared to viewing other sites like CNN and NL, just to be sure my browser/computer doesn't have any issues). The site didn't even show up.

So though it "responds", it isn't truly responsive. Unless you can come up with a "proof by contradiction (so for example, testing on an iphone, though the argument still wouldn't stand in this case as it needs to be consistent across all platforms, though for your personal enjoyment, I will give you a point tongue), I insist on what I said originally.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
It's not even responding at my end. I am surprised. The website has been responsive since I knew it. It's only sun news online that has never been responsive for once.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD by PGON(m): 6:11am On Jun 13, 2013
Webmasters?

sometimes we cross the line

and get personal or poise to know it all.

........ Wondering the essence of this section if we only use it for personal ergo..............

(1) (Reply)

Please, Help Build A Website From Scratch / Hire Me / How To Install Wordpress Http://www.yitre.com/install-wordpress/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.