Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (55746 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / How To Look Beautiful Naturally / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by coolasiice: 12:55pm On May 22, 2008
REVEALED!!! YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DREAMS ARE SOLVED FINALLY!!!             
i]  Follow me and let me take you by the hands on the HOW of weight loss[/i]

Hi, i can really, seriously help you acheive your dreams of losing weight, i was in your shoes several years, i understand  the frustrating pain of rapidly losing weight and regaining it back with extra, losing weight again and regaining it again faster than the first (have been there and done that) BUT for 3years now i have lost and maintained my weight (melted the fat) with,
1) no more diet cokes
2) no more slim teas
3) no more skipping meals
4) no more hunger strikes
[5) no induced stooling
6) no induced vomitting
7) no more freak aerobics
no more expensive supplements that don't work
9) no herbal drinks
10) no compulsory fasting
11) exercising less, losing more fat
12)+ how i used common nigerian foods that quickened my fat loss,

Email me  at "meltdfatnigeria@gmail.com" with your valid phone number, name and email address to get my free report on " how eating the breakfast i eat helped my weight loss Faster"

See you at the top of your fat loss dreams!!!

Onome E.
meltdfatnigeria@gmail.com
Proudly in Nigeria,   
       is this somekind of a joke? cos all my mails to your address were returned.WHY? angry angry
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 1:39pm On May 22, 2008
Hi Ajebota,
Thanks for the thread, really interesting, and informative.
Could you provide the details for the place in London where you did the colonic irrigation?. Thanks.
Also what kind of 50% TCA peel did u use and was it effective?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 1:55pm On May 22, 2008
HR.Hotness,
thanks for the secret oil tip. I have just ordered some form my cousin in Nigeria but will check Peckham later on to see if they have it.
@ all,
Nice Thread, please lets keep it going,
Personally i have settled on Loreal's Peel and Demabrasion products, after a lot of trial and error. They work OK, are not too expensive and do not Irritate my sensitive skin.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 1:57pm On May 22, 2008
elsie2:

HR.Hotness,
thanks for the secret oil tip. I have just ordered some form my cousin in Nigeria but will check Peckham later on to see if they have it.
@ all,
Personally i have settled on Loreal's Peel and Demabrasion products, after a lot of trial and error. They work OK, are not too expensive and do not Irritate my sensitive skin.

hey u're welcome
let me knw if u find it in peckham, i'll be interested in gettin some myself grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 2:51pm On May 22, 2008
hi girls, whats this peel thing about?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 3:45pm On May 22, 2008
A chemical peel is a facial treatment used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that speeds up the cell renewal process. It is best done professionally but there are a number of DIY products out there.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 3:57pm On May 22, 2008
elsie2:

Hi Ajebota,
Thanks for the thread, really interesting, and informative.
Could you provide the details for the place in London where you did the colonic irrigation?. Thanks.
Also what kind of 50% TCA peel did u use and was it effective?

You are welcome! The colonic place is in kilburn. http://www.coloniccentre.co.uk/ Seems like they have increased their prices slightly since I went there but they are still one of the more reasonable priced places in London to do it and the lady there is professional. Hydrohealing spa in Nottinghill Gate also does colonics but they are quite expensive and I haven't used them before. As for the TCA peel, I would say tread with care. i like experimenting with myself and can throw all caution to the wind sometimes, grin. You can only get such strength of peel on ebay and if you use it you must plan to stay locked up in your room for 10 days! shocked It really did fade my acne scars very quickly but I made the mistake of not rinsing a part of my face very well and it darkened a bit. This was a year ago, the part of my face has returned to normal. First of all what's your complexion like and do you have major acne scarring? If you dont have acne scars i wouldn't recommend such a drastic procedure!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 4:02pm On May 22, 2008
Yeah,

chemical peels are best for people with scaring and discolourations
my skin is almost blemish free and i only get a mild peel once in a while to brighten my complexion
I also recommend its done professionally,, i hav seen it go wrong  sad
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:02pm On May 22, 2008
elsie2:

HR.Hotness,
@ all,

The loreal microdermabrasion is good for weeky use I found. But I think St ives scrub gives the same results for half the price! Their peel is okay if your skin is normal and you are not looking to fade scars or anything. Its an over the counter product and is limited in terms of its effectiveness. Check out http://www.perfectskin.uk.com/ for glycolic acid products. Please note that glycolic acid peels sting!

@ All please always use sunscreen( spf 15-30) no matter what, more importantly if you are using any kind of peel!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:04pm On May 22, 2008
HR.hotness:

Yeah,

chemical peels are best for people with scaring and discolourations
my skin is almost blemish free and i only get a mild peel once in a while to brighten my complexion
I also recommend its done professionally,, i hav seen it go wrong sad

yeah. @ all, please dont risk spoiling your complexion if your skin is already in good condition oh! Dont say Ajebota said, grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 9:31pm On May 22, 2008
Thanks everyome for your prompt replies. cheesy
@Ajebota and HR.Hotness,
I dont have any acne scars whatsoever but what i do have and i am desperate to get rid of is a complexion problem with parts of my face, (4head and sides of face) darker than the rest of my face. I just want to have the one even colour all over, light or dark.
Do u think i will be a good candidate for the chemical peels?. Possible in lower concentrations like 10 or 20%?.
Thanks.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 10:04pm On May 22, 2008
@ elsie2

I wouldn't advise it, especially if you have sensitive skin
chemical peels make you more vulnerable to sunburns so u need to have a standard regimen in place to maintain and prevent darkening from reoccurring. i only go for peels once in 3 months as i have no scars as well.

exfoliate; something that also detoxifies will help and include a toner in your beauty regimen, a good beauty regimen can achieve the same results
use a cream with AHA (its is also used for peels so will be effective)
use sunscreen,
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Shinatu: 8:13am On May 23, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I shall be in Manchester soon, please can the ladies who live there kindly give me names of shops I can visit to get many of the products mentioned here, i.e Clarins, AHa products etc. The only store I visit for Cosmetics is Boots!

A neighboor of mine in Nigeria refused to tell me where she gets cheaper perfumes in Manchester, she told me I would 'spoil her market'. please let me know if you have an idea of where she may be getting them from
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 1:10pm On May 23, 2008
Shinatu:

Hi Ladies,

I shall be in Manchester soon, please can the ladies who live there kindly give me names of shops I can visit to get many of the products mentioned here, i.e Clarins, AHa products etc. The only store I visit for Cosmetics is Boots!

A neighboor of mine in Nigeria refused to tell me where she gets cheaper perfumes in Manchester, she told me I would 'spoil her market'. please let me know if you have an idea of where she may be getting them from

Clarins have a concession stand at Debenhams or you could check out their website
Dont live in manchester but theres a perfume shop called the Fragrance shop, they usually have sales and special prices and thats where i get all my perfumes. i expect they shd have outlets in major shopping malls. you could also shop online, there are ususally special online prices for most things, save u a few quid
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Shinatu: 10:52am On May 26, 2008
@HRhotness

Thanks
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 9:45pm On May 26, 2008
Hello Everyone,
@HR.Hotness, Thanks a lot 4 ur tips. I bought the Secret Oil a few days ago in Peckham. It was 99p. I am yet to use it however.

@Ajebota, Many thanks 2 u. I called the Colonic Irrigation Clinic last week. I had my first appointment on Sat. It was lovely!. Everything went smoothly and i felt so good afterwards, i felt lighter and also noticed weight loss. I would be having a follow-up appointment next Sat. I wasnt hoping for that much, but it really exceeded my expectations and it was £70 well spent. Thanks once again. smiley
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 6:55pm On May 27, 2008
@ elsie2

You are welcome. Am really glad it went well. Maybe now you will spread the good word about colonic irrigation!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 7:00pm On May 29, 2008
elsie2:

Hello Everyone,
@HR.Hotness, Thanks a lot 4 your tips. I bought the Secret Oil a few days ago in Peckham. It was 99p. I am yet to use it however.

U're welcome

I'll be heading to peckham to get myself some as well grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by hare(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2008
could you tell me more about that topic
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by hare(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2008
hi hotness would like a chat
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 30, 2008
H.R Hotness
I started using secret oil last week and the difference is serious.
Everyone knows something is up o, my skin has changed and is brighter
The good thing is that its cheap, I got mine for N100 in my area and mixed 2 bottles with my half bottle of jergens cream.
I am very sure I dont need facials or spa before my wedding.
I reccomend to everyone out there
Thanks dear
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by mishooo(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2008
aysometin:

H.R Hotness
The good thing is that its cheap, I got mine for N100 in my area and mixed 2 bottles with my half bottle of jergens cream.
Pls what name does it come with?? As in whats the Brand Name at our Supermarkets in Lagos??
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 8:12pm On May 30, 2008
hare:

hi hotness would like a chat

??//

aysometin:

H.R Hotness
I am very sure I don't need facials or spa before my wedding.
I reccomend to everyone out there
Thanks dear

You are very welcome. . . I'm happy it works for you, I seriously think its the best product ever made grin

mishooo:

Please what name does it come with?? As in whats the Brand Name at our Supermarkets in Lagos??

Just that. . . . SECRET OIL
I'm trying not to ask why u need it tho lipsrsealed
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by krazynaija(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2008
KILL YOUR FATHER IF HE IS GOOD LOOKING and do that face off thing grin

1 Like

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by steaming(f): 11:33am On Jun 04, 2008
Please i saw two types of secret oil, one was for N150, d other for N80. Bought d two though and used d N80 one last night. The two of them are red in colour, same 5ml bottle. Now the N150 one says it has sunscreen in it. D N80 one is Global Sunscreen while the N150 one is P, Milotti not quite sure though but would confirm from the house.

Please where can i get Neutrogena Visibly Firm Moisturiser. I live in Abuja. Please let me know.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by steaming(f): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2008
Forgot to mention N80 made in Omagba,Onitsha, N150 made in Emene, Enugu. Amazing though what our local products can do.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2008
didnt know there was more than one secret oil

cant remeber where it were made but i was always under the impression it was made in asia. . . undecided

i'll check up on that wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Fummiee(f): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
Looked everywhere in ajao estate, airport road for secret oil but couldn't get one. Pls does any one know where i can get it around ajao estate?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by femigirl(f): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2008
Hello Ladies,

what is this serect oil? what does it do?

Clinique stuff is also good. I would recommend tenderskin use it like cleanser especially if you have ingrown hair on your arm pits, face,legs. However, the product can only be bought in USA or online.

HR how did you lose the three stone girlfriend?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2008
steaming:

Forgot to mention N80 made in Omagba,Onitsha, N150 made in Emene, Enugu. Amazing though what our local products can do.

Secret Oil is made by Patricia Milton Cosmetics

Franchised by Simmonds Gerberding & Co. Italy

It Contains Ephelidin with SPF 15 protection

I don't know about any other product, and anything else you use at your own risk.

femigirl:

Hello Ladies,

what is this secret oil? what does it do?

Clinique stuff is also good. I would recommend tenderskin use it like cleanser especially if you have ingrown hair on your arm pits, face,legs. However, the product can only be bought in USA or online.

HR how did you lose the three stone girlfriend?

Secret Oil helps accelerate the skin renewal process to repair damaged skin.
It also has sun screening abilities,
It is very safe to use, so u can use it either straight or mixed in with your lotion.

And about the weight loss, it was by freakishly exercising, a combination of many diets and diet pills  wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by elsie2(f): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2008
@ Ajebota,
Hello, just wanted to run this past you to see if you have any pointers.
I paid for the 50% and 30% TCA Peel on the Perfect skin website at the end of May but i am yet to receive the items. Was there a delay when you shopped with them in the past?. Thanks.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by kayowalemi(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2008
How far will I go? From Lagos to Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.