Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign (10773 Views)

iOS 7 Download Day Worldwide Release Time [chart] / Amazing Facts About The New IPHONE 6 by APPLE?! / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by echo2(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2013
4llerbuntu:

i can do wifi file transfer on ANY android phone without any router now.

there are even apps for it. FREE apps. like "Fast File transfer" app

so please, i get the fact that it may be new to you since apple has announced such a feature, but it has always been around for a while now

Incidentally, its not even limited to just android to android. its android to ANY device that has wifi.

Lol...it's obvious you never used an iPhone before. There are apps on AppStore which will enable you send files via wifi. Dat 1 no be new thing joor.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

are we supposed to understand why you bought a china clone?

Lol...i bought the phone from slot at ikeja. Don't tell me slot is selling china clone. You just dey beef noni....u too no say android powered device dey hot on 3G na. Go try apple product. That's all I have to say
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:
Gosh! Look who is talking about knowledge when you don't even know that Samsung has high end WP8 powered smartphones neither do you know that Samsung has been developing it's own mobile os. SMH for you.

see this dude.....
they are still developing their own mobile OS? lord_reed is still aspiring to become a president so we can compare you to obama? where's the comparison between a functional iOS that has sold millions and the OS that is still in the development phase?

i think you need blood tonic!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
coogar:

see this dude.....
they are still developing their own mobile OS? lord_reed is still aspiring to become a president so we can compare you to obama? where's the comparison between a functional iOS that has sold millions and the OS that is still in the development phase?

i think you need blood tonic!

And you need a lesson in english. Go back and see the post you made about Samsung not having its own OS.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:
And you need a lesson in english. Go back and see the post you made about Samsung not having its own OS.

they don't have one if its not out yet!
go and learn to comprehend simple english.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
coogar:

they don't have one if its not out yet!
go and learn to comprehend simple english.

You are so uninformed its appalling. Google is still your friend.

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
@echo:

Lol...i bought the phone from slot at ikeja. Don't tell me slot is selling china clone. You just dey beef noni....u too no say android powered device dey hot on 3G na. Go try apple product.
You either bought a fake or you are just lying to proove an irrelevant point. My Gs3 NEVER heats up of 3g.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by echo2(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
caukerzee: You either bought a fake or you are just lying to proove an irrelevant point. My Gs3 NEVER heats up of 3g.

Lol...I bought the original....guy you never use
Gs3 before joor. So you are not aware that the
phone dey hot on 3G or when using hotspot,
batt sef dey run down like mad. Enjoy your
plastic crap if it is true that you have one. Bros
no dey bobo us here joor.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by echo2(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
caukerzee: You either bought a fake or you are just lying to proove an irrelevant point. My Gs3 NEVER heats up of 3g.

Lol...I bought the original....guy you never use Gs3 before joor. So you are not aware that the phone dey hot on 3G or when using hotspot, batt sef dey run down like mad. Enjoy your plastic crap if it is true that you have one. Bros no dey bobo us here joor.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by nitlad: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
[size=18pt]Not All iOS 7 Features Will Be Coming To Older iDevices[/size]

iOS 7 brings a plethora of new upgrades and improvements, and is by Apple's own admission the largest update since the introduction of the operating system. It introduced many features like camera filters, AirDrop cloud sharing, as well as updates to Siri and the new iTunes Radio.

Unfortunately, not all Apple devices will be getting the latest and greatest from Apple, and many of the older iDevices that are getting it, won't be getting the full set of features.

To help you quickly identify what you'll be getting on your iPhone, iPad oriPod, we've got a handy table that lets you see everything at a glance.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1151151_Screen_20130612_144741_jpg274b2a07f05c2bac18c397f363091ec2[/img]

As you can see, the iPad 2 has the fewest supported features, only getting iTunes Radio, while the iPhone 4 gets that plus square photos and filters. It seems that 4S owners will have to do without AirDrop and camera filters, and none of the iPads will be supporting Panorama shooting modes.

For a comprehensive look at what else is updated in iOS 7, check out this post

SOURCE

So for all the hype about software support for older devices, turns out only a handful of new features of the new OS are coming to older devices undecided Chief among these is the much lauded AirDrop that would be supported only on the iPhone 5 and top of the range iPads shocked - Disappointing!

To fully enjoy the new OS in it's wholeness, you have to buy the latest iDevice!

These exploitative manufacturers just keep milking their sheeple fanboys dry with same old redundant shït! angry
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by logica(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
nitlad:

To fully enjoy the new OS in it's wholeness, you have to buy the latest iDevice!

These exploitative manufacturers just keep milking their sheeple fanboys dry with same old redundant shït! angry
Hardware makes the difference. You don't expect an older version that doesn't have the required hardware (one chip or the other) that powers a feature to work do you?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
nitlad:
SOURCE

So for all the hype about software support for older devices, turns out only a handful of new features of the new OS are coming to older devices undecided Chief among these is the much lauded AirDrop that would be supported only on the iPhone 5 and top of the range iPads shocked - Disappointing!

but the old devices would still run on iOS 7. of course, you can't expect all the features of the new iOS to work with old devices. iPhone 4 runs on iOS 6 but it has no siri.

isn't this better than android users who cannot even run latest OSes on their phones, never mind features? there's a big difference. jellybean 4.2 has been out for 7 weeks now and only 4% of android phones use it.

93% of all iDevices are using iOS 6 that was launched less than a year ago. more than 65% of android users have never experienced the first jellybean upgrade that was released more than 2 years ago.

really, fandroids are the ones getting scammed!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by nitlad: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
logica: Hardware makes the difference. You don't expect an older version that doesn't have the required hardware (one chip or the other) that powers a feature to work do you?

That's unacceptable! angry

The AirDrop for example uses Wi-Fi, and the Wi-Fi technology in the iPhone 4 through to iPhone 5 is the same! They all use Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n!

So what hardware does it require that isn't present in older phones?

When Siri debuted with the iPhone 4s, we were made to believe during the keynote that older phones don't have the hardware to support it, amid massive outrage, it was subsequently ported to the same older phones that 'didn't have the hardware to support it'.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by nitlad: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
coogar:

but the old devices would still run on iOS 7. of course, you can't expect all the features of the new iOS to work with old devices. iPhone 4 runs on iOS 6 but it has no siri.

Siri can work on iPhone 4, but due to Apple's exploitative tendencies, they won't allow it, albeit officially though (Cydia! tongue grin)

isn't this better than android users who cannot even run latest OSes on their phones, never mind features? there's a big difference. jellybean 4.2 has been out for 7 weeks now and only 4% of android phones use it.
93% of all iDevices are using iOS 6 that was launched less than a year ago. more than 65% of android users have never experienced the first jellybean upgrade that was released more than 2 years ago.

All Android updates are available OTA for supported devices, the choice to upgrade squarely rests with the owner!

really, fandroids are the ones getting scammed!

All dem phone makers are scammers!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by logica(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
nitlad:

That's unacceptable! angry

The AirDrop for example uses Wi-Fi, and the Wi-Fi technology in the iPhone 4 through to iPhone 5 is the same! They all use Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n!

So what hardware does it require that isn't present in older phones?

When Siri debuted with the iPhone 4s, we were made to believe during the keynote that older phones don't have the hardware to support it, amid massive outrage, it was subsequently ported to the same older phones that 'didn't have the hardware to support it'.
In which case, it would be a matter of degraded performance. Do not complain much when your old iPhone keeps running out of memory or restarting for no apparent reason after you install iOS 7 firmware.

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
nitlad:
Siri can work on iPhone 4, but due to Apple's exploitative tendencies, they won't allow it, albeit officially though (Cydia! tongue grin)

people don't take such risks abroad - replacement/insurance policy would be ruined when you jailbreak. mostly, only the users of stolen phones consider such stuff!

All Android updates are available OTA for supported devices, the choice to upgrade squarely rests with the owner! All them phone makers are scammers!

the choice to upgrade rests squarely on the phone manufacturers. most of these manufacturers cannot be bothered about the old devices - they want to sell their new products!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by nitlad: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
logica: In which case, it would be a matter of degraded performance. Do not complain much when your old iPhone keeps running out of memory or restarting for no apparent reason after you install iOS 7 firmware.

The 3rd Generation iPad and iPhone 5 both have 1 gig of RAM, and both are powered by Apple's top range dual core processors, they also both use the same Wi-Fi technology. But alas! The iPhone 5 has AirDrop, while the iPad 3 doesn't! Reeks of scam IMO. undecided

coogar:

people don't take such risks abroad - replacement/insurance policy would be ruined when you jailbreak. mostly, only the users of stolen phones consider such stuff!

Jay Freeman is American! So he is 'abroad'. The same for most members of the iPhone Dev Team, and none of them is wanted by the authorities in any country! They are not criminals! tongue grin

And besides, the existence and a stable successful porting of Siri to older iDevices deflates Apple's claim of the absence of a supporting hardware in such devices! Point is, it can be done but Apple just won't do it. Why?

the choice to upgrade rests squarely on the phone manufacturers. most of these manufacturers cannot be bothered about the old devices - they want to sell their new products!

Samsung Galaxy SII that was released years ago still enjoys a robust software updates backing. If an owner fails to tap into this is no fault of the manufacturer.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
IOS 7 Indeed.

is it by simply pushing nothing and calling it a new version that gives props?

Buroda coogar, android updates, windows phone updates are major point releases that apply across board to every device capable of running it.

How do you even expect uniformity in a diverse ecosystem like android? do u have any idea how many different android devices are manufactured per month by different OEMS with different configurations, parts etc?

compared with a company that maintains just 2 device configs a year and the only thing different in them is the radio?

Google/MS could also release updates to the phone and message app and call it the next version of android so phones built 5 years ago could boast of running the latest.

its funny how you can see that hardware constraints may prevent IOS devices from running certain things, but you cannot see the same for android.

apparently u expect droids with 512 MB ram to run the same as those with 2GB ram.

the problem with you folks is that you cherish being deceived. you want people to look you in the eye and insult your intelligence, then you hail them for it and give out money for the privilege of being fooled

when you say x number of phones are running gingerbread, it does not mean they dont get updates both to core apps and other aspect of the system. it simply means the device maker has not deemed the hardware capable of running the latest.

for apple its excusable, all u need is push something into the fones and call it IOS7, but other folks cannot eh?

if i make and sell a 2010 BMW, then change the tyres and label it 2013 BMW, you will buy and then deceive yourself that you are using the 2013 version right?

in any other business this practice would get the company sued.

whatever rocks your cradles gentlemen,[size=18pt] all these debates are not fashionable anymore. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Leopantro: 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
if i make and sell a 2010 BMW, then
change the tyres and label it 2013
BMW, you will buy and then deceive
yourself that you are using the 2013
version right

I so love the above statement

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
4llerbuntu: IOS 7 Indeed.

is it by simply pushing nothing and calling it a new version that gives props?

Buroda coogar, android updates, windows phone updates are major point releases that apply across board to every device capable of running it.

How do you even expect uniformity in a diverse ecosystem like android? do u have any idea how many different android devices are manufactured per month by different OEMS with different configurations, parts etc?

compared with a company that maintains just 2 device configs a year and the only thing different in them is the radio?

Google/MS could also release updates to the phone and message app and call it the next version of android so phones built 5 years ago could boast of running the latest.

its funny how you can see that hardware constraints may prevent IOS devices from running certain things, but you cannot see the same for android.

apparently u expect droids with 512 MB ram to run the same as those with 2GB ram.

the problem with you folks is that you cherish being deceived. you want people to look you in the eye and insult your intelligence, then you hail them for it and give out money for the privilege of being fooled

when you say x number of phones are running gingerbread, it does not mean they dont get updates both to core apps and other aspect of the system. it simply means the device maker has not deemed the hardware capable of running the latest.

for apple its excusable, all u need is push something into the fones and call it IOS7, but other folks cannot eh?

if i make and sell a 2010 BMW, then change the tyres and label it 2013 BMW, you will buy and then deceive yourself that you are using the 2013 version right?

in any other business this practice would get the company sued.

whatever rocks your cradles gentlemen,[size=18pt] all these debates are not fashionable anymore. [/size]

Don't mind the Bartimeus' they are like children entranced by bright colours.

That Apple's innovative prowess in the smartphone realm died with Steve Jobs is becoming more evident by the day. Now all they do is play catch up and their fans won't let us hear word.

I like iOS heck I have an iPad but lets be real the innovations are coming from the Android camp now.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Leopantro: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
frankly I'm disappointed. I have always believed that Apple was a game changer, a trend maker. you have to give credit to Apple because without their initial monopoly, android would not have grown to the point that they are now a prominent player in the market.

I remember this video from 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsBwnv_dAg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

my reaction was TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY.

however, we have gotten to 7 and they are now playing catch up with android. I don't want to look towards Windows phone for innovation. can't help and smile when I recall Steve jobs saying he would wage thermonuclear war on android.

Ta ha Ta ha, we never thought that android would take it this far.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
LADEMINUS:

I need no such equipment man, I have used both for years and years... And yes the i4 screen costs 7k, the S3 35k, yet the i5 screen is much more rugged and sophisticated (from gsmarena and techsuplex) dat tells u a lot,

I noticed u sidelined the battery issue

I never even talk of overheating on 3g nd wifi which F's most androids up

I never even talk about data compression and speed here....

Na games?

Na stability? With all d crash crash androids do?

Mscheww

Nigga!! I aint no Techno User. What ever leads you to think I experience any of these issues u listed above is beyond me.
I use a GN2 Galaxy Note 2 for clarification. Am almost on wireless (swift) all day and my phone remains cold as ice. The RAM on this badboy never allows for any sort of crashing. And U DARE NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT BATTERY LIFE (3100mAh battery capacity. So whatya talkin bro??
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
LADEMINUS:

I need no such equipment man, I have used both for years and years... And yes the i4 screen costs 7k, the S3 35k, yet the i5 screen is much more rugged and sophisticated (from gsmarena and techsuplex) dat tells u a lot,

I noticed u sidelined the battery issue

I never even talk of overheating on 3g nd wifi which F's most androids up

I never even talk about data compression and speed here....

Na games?

Na stability? With all d crash crash androids do?

Mscheww

Still insisting that u go see yer Apple drop tests.. iCrap 4s and 5.. its allover youtube.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
ewizard1:

Ok! Let me say i dnt know your location. Fine. But if you're in Nigeria here.. then shut you dumb brain down. Fine , it wasnt made for my village, was it made for urs?
Egbon try get sense! Sharing files should be as easy as whatever. Why should you upload a file on air and another person downloads. I'll just use one of these file sharing sites instead. Abi u no dey reason?

I'm very sure you have used one of those low end phones b4 God bless u to buy iPhone. You neva share file for bluetooth b4? Why should it be more complicated? What if network goes wrong and the file is needed urgently. iUsers are in bondage oooo!
You hussled your money to buy very xpensive fone... and you no go free?

God forbid!!!

In Super Bondage! Who cares anyway.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
@echo:

Lol...I bought the original....guy you never use Gs3 before joor. So you are not aware that the phone dey hot on 3G or when using hotspot, batt sef dey run down like mad. Enjoy your plastic crap if it is true that you have one. Bros no dey bobo us here joor.
Just shut it already! My plastic crap was rated best phone of 2012 over your aluminium shit.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by DonWhizzy: 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
now apple is copycats?

Samsung, please dust them wigs and case files, time to sue second rate iSteal

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by echo2(m): 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
caukerzee: Just shut it already! My plastic crap was rated best phone of 2012 over your aluminium shit.

Lol...see you. They compared s3 with iPhone 4s, That was the reason s3 is rated as the best. You too know na, You no fit compare sleep with death. #ios is the best.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2013
@echo:

Lol...see you. They compared s3 with iPhone 4s, That was the reason s3 is rated as the best. You too know na, You no fit compare sleep with death. #ios is the best.
When was iphone 5 released? Wasn't it in 2012? FYI, the s3 went up against the 5 and not 4s.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ciphoenix: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
@echo:

either it's a fake or the network is terrible.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by werlay(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
Why are people attributing most changes on ios7 to android. All this new features where inspired by jailbreak tweaks.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by werlay(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Most people here are so subjective in argument. They only argue from the point they want to see things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Will Never Guess A Correct Recharge Card / 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC / Symbian Mobile Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.