Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Best Help You Can Give To A Poor Child. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Best Help You Can Give To A Poor Child. (487 Views)

See What This Poor Child Suffered / The Best Help You Can Give To A Poor Child. / “nigeria Is A Poor Country” – Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Tells Cnn’s Christine Amanpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Help You Can Give To A Poor Child. by hod898(m): 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
It may seem simple to answer at first but when you give a second thought, you begin to cluster doubts. I was travelling to Abuja of recent and at different checkpoints, many children ran to our bus, some holding corn, some 'atile', some satchet water, some cabbage, others cocumber; and many different things. They were begging us to buy what they had to sell. Personally, I have compassion for unfortunate children and when one brought three corn sticks to me through the window to buy with the pitiful look on her face, I nearly let tears out of my eyes but I concealed it. These children are supposed to be in school. I simply bought them even though I was nt hungry. The little girl was very happy and I asked my friend sitting beside me, "how can these children be helped best?". He said by giving them money. But I said what if they do nt spend it wisely. I insisted on education bt he said dat they'll nt be serious at school because they were nt groomed for school bt for farming.
So what do you think is the best help you can give to such children?
Re: The Best Help You Can Give To A Poor Child. by gluv01(f): 12:01am On Jun 11, 2013
love....and by that you know what i mean...
education at least part, shelter, income to their families for support..

But practically you cant do all of that, so just give them money. No matter how little, they are always appreciative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Get To Know 'nairaland' And What Has Been Your Benefit(s) So Far? / Happy Birthday Oluwaseun Osewa / Can You Remember Your First Facebook Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.