Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (21372 Views)

Osun, Ogun And Oyo States Joins Lagos To Declare 12 June Public Holiday / Monday Declared Public Holiday In Kaduna. / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by musiwa26: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
you it is inappropriate to rename unilag. if anyone as to honor abiola is to build new school. even if you rename it to my name. i will refuse. i believe abiola will refuse if he was around.

i believe the student of university of lagos did the most honorable. it was the govt of nigeria that should have built a new university. called abiola university.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by debetmx(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: The same people that pushed MKO to declear himself president but later betrayed him,(Some even did Usain Bolt through the Cotonou border) are also The same people that vowed not to allow Unilag to be renamed after the man.

Today, they are declaring public holiday left and right, they should stop deceiving themselves.
Abiola's family knows better.

Nobody is saying they should not rename any other school after Abiola, definitely not Unilag. Its an institution of 51years. Its a matter of principle not a personal issue

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nuzo':
Is this holiday in honor of democracy which OBJ and Nigerians introduced in 1979 (Shagari) or in honour of a sponsor of 3 successful coup detat in Nigeria?

If its for the later, then why did some of us object to naming the fraudstar after UNILAG?

So comfusing! undecided
If you meet men advanced in Yoruba cosmology, they will tell you it is not proper to name anything after an Are Ona Kakanfo.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by aljharem(m): 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
debetmx:

Nobody is saying they should not rename any other school after Abiola, definitely not Unilag. Its an institution of 51years. Its a matter of principle not a personal issue

Bros you get time o. Some people are just to.ignorant to observe the obvious.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by redsun(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
There is no democracy in nigeria,what you have is democrazy till this day.If there is democracy in nigeria,criminals like tinubu won't see the light of the day,talkless of pulling the shots.Police and law courts won't be locking up suspects indefinitely without evidence,charge or bail.

Halliburton culprits would have been in jail by now if there was democracy in nigeria.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: The same people that pushed MKO to declear himself president but later betrayed him,(Some even did Usain Bolt through the Cotonou border) are also The same people that vowed not to allow Unilag to be renamed after the man.

Today, they are declaring public holiday left and right, they should stop deceiving themselves.
Abiola's family knows better.
sincerely, they are bunch of hypocrits
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
is this holday applicable to those in private establishment because my colleagues are saying we should not all come irrespective of whether the management informs us or not pls reply
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mimiko, shame pride, declare June 12 as public holiday...Other southwest states have done that...The date is not meant to honour tinubu but the man who paid the supreme price for the democracy you're enjoying!

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
debetmx:

if not unilag then which sch? Unimaid or uniben? This is insincerity and selfishness in the highest order
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by bayo1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jet Set:
Fashola should stop selling us Awori and Eguns Ethnic group which business do we have with June 12 no problem it is high time tinubu should leave our state for us and go back to his village

Do you even know the meaning of "Awori"? If you do u won't be making a statement like the one u made above. Well to lecture you a little, I will try and explain what Awori meant just to let you know that it's purely a Yoruba name - Awori means "Ibi ti Awo ri si" i.e. The place where "Awo" sank. Awo or Babalawo is a Yoruba word for Ifa oracle priest, and Awo-ri means where a particular one in history sank or disappeared.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
lekibraky: is this holday applicable to those in private establishment because my colleagues are saying we should not all come irrespective of whether the management informs us or not pls reply
stay @ home and summit ur application letter in another firm on 13th

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Chimerase(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lilimax: 20th anniversary? Time flies so fast.
Remember those days of "oso Abiola"? We were all sent to the east for fear of Lagos
being bombed by the Military. A lot of people lost their lives on there way to the village.
Naija my country, I hail ooo!
yes o! And abiola milk too, dat milk sweet die cool

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman: Mimiko, shame pride, declare June 12 as public holiday...Other southwest states have done that...The date is not meant to honour tinubu but the man who paid the supreme price for the democracy you're enjoying!
There is nothing wrong with declaring June 12 a public holiday, but when have the decisions of the ACN become yardsticks that all the governors of the SW even those that are not its members must adhere to?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by omiobo: 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Articul8: The whole country can pretend to forget this day bt some chosen few will forever have it fresh in dia memories. Only if d mystery behind his death can be known. Though he may nt be 100% clean as a politician bt he deserves all every recognition. He was d only factor that ever unified dis country. He brot all tribes togeda. Waiting to c such grt personality again in dis country.

I doubt it.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by SpruceDrinks: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jet Set:
Fashola should stop selling us Awori and Eguns Ethnic group which business do we have with June 12 no problem it is high time tinubu should leave our state for us and go back to his village
were ma leleyi oooo

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
There is nothing wrong with declaring June 12 a public holiday, but when have the decisions of the ACN become yardsticks that all the governors of the SW even those that are not its members must adhere to?

My brother, it is not...all we are saying is that mimiko should not just detach the state totally from the southwest.Like it or not, mimiko is taking his grudge against tinubu too far.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by dvirus2: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE Get Blackberry phones, Apple
iphone iphones, sony Ps3
game, ipod, tv's e.t.c for free I know many will be
interested in this. Follow the link that i will drop
after the explanation. Click on
the link then go to register and
complete the registration
form. Then you are ready to
go. In the registration form put
the codes in the following
places
postal/zip code: 930
referral id: 92926186
you will also be ask to select the gift you want, which are
iphone, samsung galaxy,
blackberry, e.t.c Select the one
choice. And don't forget
confirm your registration
through the link that will be sent to your email.
http:// www.xpango.com ? ref=92928168
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by EzePromoe: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: The "Jews" should learn from this: there is a difference between a sit-at-home exercise and a holiday. In a democratic setting, a holiday, which people should not be forced but voluntarily observe is fashionable. Anybody can decide not to observe it.
The reason the "Jews" have been observing "sit-at-home exercise is because of their belief that if they fail to open their shops Nigerians will go hungry and the economy will be adversely affected. Thank God God is not a "Biafran". To the "Biafrans", if the governments of these states decide to close all the markets, especially Alaba, Ladipo, Tatangowa, etc, in the states for June 12 to observed, won't you say the Igbo are hated?
Your obsession with anything Igbo is evident.
That Igbo girl you've been crushing on shall locate you IJN.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by stuhporh: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nuzo':
Is this holiday in honor of democracy which OBJ and Nigerians introduced in 1979 (Shagari) or in honour of a sponsor of 3 successful coup detat in Nigeria?

If its for the later, then why did some of us object to naming the fraudstar after UNILAG?

So comfusing! undecided
so confusing? aswell as your post
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by solomon111(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Who cares?
They shouldn't harrass those that choose to work.
What a waste of 24 hours.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by LEXYCOM: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
wat of other states?...
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by baby124: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice one! But na wa o. 20yrs... lipsrsealed. No wonder people have football age grin
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by EzePromoe: 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Public holiday should be for only Promasidor, owners of Cowbell milk and other sachet milk and chocolate which was nicknamed "Abiola milk,"
Stop disturbing innocent spare parts dealers. I'm going to bite any law enforcement agency that comes to harass me tomorrow at my three shops in Alaba, Mushin and Ladipo.
LAGOS GOVERNMENT, BE WARNED AND STEER CLEAR! sad

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by max1113(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jarus:

When the state has been declaring June 12 public holiday for more than 5 years now.

Maybe you thought you will also not to go work in the private/FG establishment you work?

Abeg tell themoooo na only state workers$ we multi national be @ bnzz coz no TIME!!!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by mbhs139(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Symphony007: lagos is the commercial nerve center of the federal republic of nigeria and cannot afford money wasting: time wasting frevolities like a holiday on june 12th;

So, Lagos declaring public holiday disturbs you from your private business or anybody's business?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by IleIfe2(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: The "Jews" should learn from this: there is a difference between a sit-at-home exercise and a holiday. In a democratic setting, a holiday, which people should not be forced but voluntarily observe is fashionable. Anybody can decide not to observe it.
The reason the "Jews" have been observing "sit-at-home exercise is because of their belief that if they fail to open their shops Nigerians will go hungry and the economy will be adversely affected. Thank God God is not a "Biafran". To the "Biafrans", if the governments of these states decide to close all the markets, especially Alaba, Ladipo, Tatangowa, etc, in the states for June 12 to observed, won't you say the Igbo are hated?

Dude, stop being anti Afromitic. grin grin grin grin
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Ngwakwe: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Why don't you respect yourself and your region by facing your predicaments alone.

Allow this thread to flow without those characters you inherited that do easily beset and divide us.

alj harem:

Very good suggestion. Any igboman found selling spare part tomorrow should have himself to blame. grin grin grin
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Ayus34(m): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=redsun]There is no democracy in nigeria,what you have is democrazy till this day.If there is democracy in nigeria,criminals like tinubu won't see the light of the day,talkless of pulling the shots.Police and law courts won't be locking up suspects indefinitely without evidence,charge or bail.

Halliburton culprits would have been in jail by now if there was democracy in nigeria.[/quote

your hatred and myopic reasoning towards other tribes will never stop them from moving forward......i dont know your problem with tinubu,when it is obvious that you are a man of no achievement...i dont yield to political propaganda,mind you i am not trying to defend tinubu,no one is a saint not even me.tinubu is in the opposition and that shows that you can never hate him compare to the one of the ruling party.....if it is so sure that tinubu is so corrupt like the way you proclaim,they could have do everything within their might to punish or imprison him all to silent him from the political sphere and pave way for the ruling party.but it is so obvious that people like you will never see beyond their nose.the most annoying thing is that you clamour for change but you are not ready for change,you criticize people that risk their own life...if you think that opposition are the same with the the ruling one.....what are you doing starting from your community for a better change that you prefer?absolutely NONE!june 12 can never be completed without tinubu's effort.....but even your family can decide to disown you and forge ahead because possibly you are nothing to this generation but a pest!

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

My brother, it is not...all we are saying is that mimiko should not just detach the state totally from the southwest.Like it or not, mimiko is taking his grudge against tinubu too far.
Segun Mimiko is the chief executive of his state, and determines whether or not it is proper to observe the day. Or what do you say about Gbenga Daniel who was the only none-ACN member to be observing the day when he was the Governor of Ogun State?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Your obsession with anything Igbo is evident.
That Igbo girl you've been crushing on shall locate you IJN.
Obssessed with anything Igbo? Read my comment again.
I don't do such thing with any Igbo, not even any girl.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Dude, stop being anti Afromitic. grin grin grin grin
What do you mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai And His Children Spotted On A Train Ride In Kaduna. Photos / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education / Governor Fayemi Denies Attending World Economic Forum In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.